Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gastroenteritis. 

I'm surprised I've not cracked my toilet with the pressure washer that my arsehole appears to be at present...

31 bus

recently moved and no longer able to walk to work(city centre)

Unreliable and takes too long, yet stops on my doorstep but was I **** waiting 26 mins on one (28 for the one after) when a 26 was 4 and 6 mins 

12 hours ago, BM1874 said:

31 bus

Unreliable and takes too long, yet stops on my doorstep but was I **** waiting 26 mins on one (28 for the one after) when a 26 was 4 and 6 mins 

Was it rush hour?

13 hours ago, BM1874 said:

31 bus

:spoton: Stops on my doorstep too, but my god you may as well bin the timetable, it's a mad dash every single day and you never know what you're going to get.

On 23/09/2019 at 17:06, milky_26 said:

the miserable git at my local royal maid delivery office. every time i go to pick up a parcel he has that look like i have too a dump in his teapot

Tell me more... :lol: 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Tell me more... :lol: 

Damn you boof

He was strangely chipper when I dropped off a parcel to be returned two days ago. 

23 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

19:20 

It could be that the bus sits in traffic the journey before and that just has a knock on for the rest of the night. Get on Twitter and complain.

3fingersreid
On 23/09/2019 at 19:17, luckyBatistuta said:

Works a treat for me mate👍

Using Adblock AND now reading JKB via safari rather than google and its great 👍🏻

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Using Adblock AND now reading JKB via safari rather than google and its great 👍🏻

I always use safari too, glad it’s workong bud👍

3 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Dug walkers discarding wee plastic bags full of dug shit.

I posted this seethe a few months ago. Putting it in a bag before chucking it on the ground doesn’t make you less of a manky **** 🤬

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I posted this seethe a few months ago. Putting it in a bag before chucking it on the ground doesn’t make you less of a manky **** 🤬

Correct. I just don't get it. They're obviously thick as the shit they pick up and put in the bag.

25 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Dug walkers discarding wee plastic bags full of dug shit.

Plastic bags don't seem to have made it to Dalry near my work yet. There's lots of unadorned, bare naked shit on the pavements here, and every one has been stepped on. The poor street lighting is probably the cause of that, but I'll leave it to someone who's trailed shit into their flat to seethe about that.

20 hours ago, BM1874 said:

31 bus

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:spoton: Stops on my doorstep too, but my god you may as well bin the timetable, it's a mad dash every single day and you never know what you're going to get.

Am I getting a different 31 from you guys? Get on it just outside my house (Bonnyrigg) every morning to work and it's on time each day, only shite thing I've found is the traffic to and from town.

1 hour ago, Texia said:

Am I getting a different 31 from you guys? Get on it just outside my house (Bonnyrigg) every morning to work and it's on time each day, only shite thing I've found is the traffic to and from town.

Well, if you're where the bus initiates the route, I can see how the early ones would be on time . . . I'm a bit north of you in Liberton, and then from the sounds of it, BM is to the west of the city centre, maybe near Murrayfield? So by the time it gets to us, it's laaaate

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Plastic bags don't seem to have made it to Dalry near my work yet. There's lots of unadorned, bare naked shit on the pavements here, and every one has been stepped on. The poor street lighting is probably the cause of that, but I'll leave it to someone who's trailed shit into their flat to seethe about that.

When I lived in Wardlaw I did away with carpets in my flat for this very reason.

Regular incursions into my flat by large groups of drunk/eccied revelers would often result in a messy floor.

I lived on the ground floor and could often be found climbing out of my window to go mental at some dirty ***** letting their dug shite by the big wheelie bins.

Occasionally I could be found climbing back in my window after the dirty ***** turned out to be a bit radger than me.

Honestly.

****ing seethe.

:seething:

People who are on and off the accelerator pedal continually whilst driving.

This does my tits in!!!

My Mrs does it and it drives me bonkers. A mate of mine used to do it as well. Why are people incapable of pressing the accelerator pedal down and keep it down to maintain speed? Why do they come off and back on repeatedly? 

I end up doing the lions share of driving and we do and lot because I can’t be doing with the continuous on off on off all the bloody way there and back.

Do I tackle her on this?

6 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

This does my tits in!!!

My Mrs does it and it drives me bonkers. A mate of mine used to do it as well. Why are people incapable of pressing the accelerator pedal down and keep it down to maintain speed? Why do they come off and back on repeatedly? 

I end up doing the lions share of driving and we do and lot because I can’t be doing with the continuous on off on off all the bloody way there and back.

Do I tackle her on this?

Yes, you've got to put your foot down.

Tell her that.

Captain Sausage

Some utter scum has let their dug shite outside our house and my wee boy almost stepped in it coming in from nursery today. 

total ****ing cretins. Wish I knew where they lived, post it through their letterbox. 

Amazon. Why cant they employ drivers who can read ****ing addresses? Waited in all day just for him to go to the block of flats next door. 

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

This does my tits in!!!

Do I tackle her on this?

Nope, relationships are about letting the unimportant stuff go and just dealing with it

8 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

This does my tits in!!!

Do I tackle her on this?

This is something that drives me nuts as well. Sitting behind a car at 60 and then, for John reason, they slow down to 45, then accelerate back to 60. I could understand it if I was sat too close but I'm not.

The law should change so we can ram drivers like that off the road. 

16 minutes ago, superjack said:

This is something that drives me nuts as well. Sitting behind a car at 60 and then, for John reason, they slow down to 45, then accelerate back to 60. I could understand it if I was sat too close but I'm not.

The law should change so we can ram drivers like that off the road. 

More subtle than that. It’s using the accelerator to maintain steady speed rather than just keeping it down a fraction

3 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Some utter scum has let their dug shite outside our house and my wee boy almost stepped in it coming in from nursery today. 

total ****ing cretins. Wish I knew where they lived, post it through their letterbox. 

Not to belittle your seethe but...we've all stepped in dog shit a million times. I think the wee one would have been able to move on without any long term mental or physical damage.

Horatio Caine
On 04/10/2019 at 14:27, Lemongrab said:

I had heard that there's shit going down in Dalry right enough.

Mothers spare bedroom ceiling came down, leaking roof? Informed insurance company, tradesmen turned up a few hours later. Said "the optional extra home assistance add-on covered the roof (up to £1000) but not the chimney" WTF? The render has weathered and cracked over many years. " Baaassstttaarrrrrddd"

Craig Gordons Gloves
23 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I just don't understand dog walkers that don't pick up after their dog.  I even pick up my dogs shite (in the wee bags) when she craps in the garden.  Letting your dug shite in the street and leaving it there is an absolute disgrace.

On a driving theme...

You’re stopped on the road about to parallel park.  Your indicators are on, your reversing lights are on and someone drives right up your a**e and gets all pi$$y when they have to reverse to give you room.

(PS) Agree about the bypass.  Should be at least 3 lanes each way.  Part of the problem (and it’s the same everywhere) is that it’s not just a bypass - it’s a retail park distributor road. How much traffic is actually travelling from the bridge or Glasgow and going to the south or east?

Continuing the driving theme, I'm about to sit my test at the grand old age of 38 (always lived or worked in the city centre so never really HAD to drive) and it's doing my utter head in how every man and his dug is a car/insurance expert.

Yes, I know a 1.2 corsa worth a grand is cheaper to insure than a 2ltr bmw worth 8 grand, however for the sake of 200 quid for my first years insurance i'd rather have a car that i'm going to enjoy driving for the 40 mile a day round trip and no i'm not going to go under my dads insurance to save a few quid but never have my own no claims ffs.

24 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Continuing the driving theme, I'm about to sit my test at the grand old age of 38 (always lived or worked in the city centre so never really HAD to drive) and it's doing my utter head in how every man and his dug is a car/insurance expert.

Yes, I know a 1.2 corsa worth a grand is cheaper to insure than a 2ltr bmw worth 8 grand, however for the sake of 200 quid for my first years insurance i'd rather have a car that i'm going to enjoy driving for the 40 mile a day round trip and no i'm not going to go under my dads insurance to save a few quid but never have my own no claims ffs.

What about having your dad as a named driver on your insurance? That should save a bit. :whistling:

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Have a look at a BMW 320D or similar. I've been driving for 4years but have never had my own insurance so dont have any no claims and it only costs 60 PM. just get a car you like worry about cost later.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

those bits of advice i find are only useful for young drivers as their insurance can be ridiculously high. 

Montgomery Brewster
20 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I read that the queue on the bypass extended along the M8 as far a Livingston.

Thank feck my commuting days to Edinburgh Park from West Lothian are long gone. 

A two lane bypass for our capital city is an absolute disgrace and I blame that David Begg Hibs prick who arsed up everything he laid his hands on.

The state of the roads in the City is also shambolic.

Indeed.

i used to work with a boy who was a junior planner when the gyle centre was being built.

it was to have 4 lanes in and 4 lanes out. 

Head erse peice planner saw plans , scribbled out the plans that said 4 with a 2 in and 2 out. So we have cretins like that to blame as no doubt involved with the bypass as well 

1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Indeed.

i used to work with a boy who was a junior planner when the gyle centre was being built.

it was to have 4 lanes in and 4 lanes out. 

Head erse peice planner saw plans , scribbled out the plans that said 4 with a 2 in and 2 out. So we have cretins like that to blame as no doubt involved with the bypass as well 

There are huge financial implications in building 4 lanes over 2, the extra land that needs purchased, the extra width of bridges, the fact that dual carriageways cost millions per mile even on a basic level. 

The bypass is hideously overstretched but I'd put any money on that financial pressures are the main reason it looks how it does.

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

All the best with your test. 

Cheers, just back from a lesson and biggest issue is other drivers that don't realise that if you are in a driving instructors car that they will have duel controls so a learner really isn't just going to smash into you.

I was approaching a junction to turn left onto a fairly fast moving road, i've reduced speed to account for the woman approaching from my right so that she'd be past the junction and I could have continued without stopping if there was nothing else behind her, she was doing about 40 and suddenly decided to smash her brakes on and the car that was behind her almost went straight into the back of her, all to let me out the junction despite her having right of way! Only reason she could have had for hitting the brakes was thinking that I wasn't going to stop at the give way yet i was doing less than 20 and as I said to start with, in a dual controlled car! 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Every day is a school day.....

You can say that again, especially seeing as my instructor has got me going round every dodgy/stupid/dangerous junction in west lothian in case they crop up on my test, some bloody stupid road designs through here!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, Ribble said:

Cheers, just back from a lesson and biggest issue is other drivers that don't realise that if you are in a driving instructors car that they will have duel controls so a learner really isn't just going to smash into you.

I was approaching a junction to turn left onto a fairly fast moving road, i've reduced speed to account for the woman approaching from my right so that she'd be past the junction and I could have continued without stopping if there was nothing else behind her, she was doing about 40 and suddenly decided to smash her brakes on and the car that was behind her almost went straight into the back of her, all to let me out the junction despite her having right of way! Only reason she could have had for hitting the brakes was thinking that I wasn't going to stop at the give way yet i was doing less than 20 and as I said to start with, in a dual controlled car! 

Wimmin drivers. That's the problem.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I’ve noticed this more in the last year or so. A lot of folk at pains to let others out and actually end up blocking traffic or near misses. 

Similar problem on slip roads where folk just expect to be let in to the flow of traffic. You end up with others changing lanes or slamming the brakes when it’s the responsibility of the driver entering the road to merge without causing issues for the existing traffic.

Agree, they don't have right of way, and should wait. Unfortunately, they barge their way in.

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Agree, they don't have right of way, and should wait. Unfortunately, they barge their way in.

last couple of lessons have been working on this and when I’ve been a passenger I’ve noticed that the drivers I’ve with don’t seem to know the right speed or gear to be in when joining a faster road from a slip road! Instructor has me doing around 20mph in 2nd gear so I can stop if needed or if there is a gap I can accelerate quickly and get up to the speed of traffic as soon as possible to avoid making anyone change lane or slow down

22 hours ago, FWJ said:

I don’t know but as it’s a main, trunk road doesn’t that mean it’s a Scottish Government job rather than a local council/s?

I always thought trunk roads go between cities, while the bypass is very much an Edinburgh deal.

I don't know the implications of what that would mean in terms of responsibility, but I'm fairly sure the bypass isn't a trunk road.

Салатные палочки
On 14/10/2019 at 17:22, Ribble said:

Everyone is an expert man.  Do what you feel is right and if you can afford it go out and enjoy it.  I am in a similar position.  Passed my test on Monday and decided to go out on Monday afternoon and get a car.  I went with my instinct and all going well I pick it up on Saturday morning.  Needed a mid-size one, plenty of room and boot space.  I will be doing a similar amount of miles a day to work and back and will be using it with the family at the weekend.  Me and the good lady agreed on one and went ahead with it.  I didn't want to be dragging my dad or whoever around dealerships with them nipping my ear.  I know insurance will be sky-high just now and prepared for that.  As you say, you want to enjoy your car and I intend to.  

All the best with your test.  I was a nervous wreck but honestly, when you are on the road during it, just treat it like a lesson and you'll be fine.  You're obviously ready for it anyway.  

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I always thought trunk roads go between cities, while the bypass is very much an Edinburgh deal.

I don't know the implications of what that would mean in terms of responsibility, but I'm fairly sure the bypass isn't a trunk road.

I think a trunk road has a number, example A8, A702, the bypass does not have one.

12 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I think a trunk road has a number, example A8, A702, the bypass does not have one.

According to Google maps the bypass is the A720