The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

On 08/07/2019 at 16:18, Lemongrab said:

Those Oor Wullie statues all over the toon.  I'm sure they're supporting some worthwhile cause, but there's something about the look of them that really annoys me.

I really like them. They’re going to get auctioned off and the money donated to the kids hospital charity if that makes it less annoying. 

I have to admit, I’ve got the app and I’ve been collecting them.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

I am desperate, that's correct. I made it clear in my rejected application to them that I wanted to come back with a bit of ambition and not only achieve the role I was in, but to surpass it. Which is true, I feel like I left at a time where I could and probably should've kicked on. 

My mental health took a massive decline working there. We were understaffed and each having to take on about 2/3 peoples work, and on top of that, I had to train new staff as well as my original contribution. A big ask, made worse by having people below me actually having the nerve to question my ability when they were coming in and doing the absolute bare minimum. I was also a victim of relentless bullying by a coworker for about 6 months. He was sacked a few months before I left but the damage was done there. 

Now, I'm back on meds, more appreciative of what I had, looking to the future and determined to make something for myself. 

It wasnt 100% similar. The application which received an interview was actually slightly less qualified than my original effort. 

I get it that different people would have different approaches to employment etc but it's only in terms of the area (Edinburgh, West Lothian) that management has changed. Surely that's not big enough to actually implement any changes to the policy within the company as a whole. 

It is a huge stretch, you're right, hence why I haven't actually decided to take them further. I only know of one other person who didn't get rehired which I understand as, unlike me, they left in very acrimonious circumstances. 

I'm not saying any of what I said is actually the case, I'm just pointing out the obvious variables to a pragmatic mind. I hope it didn't seem like I was having a go at you either.

I hope you find something that suits you soon, or even something that keeps you going to take the pressure off.

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

I'm not saying any of what I said is actually the case, I'm just pointing out the obvious variables to a pragmatic mind. I hope it didn't seem like I was having a go at you either.

I hope you find something that suits you soon, or even something that keeps you going to take the pressure off.

Dont worry about it mate. I got a bit carried away going in depth with the answers but I know you weren't ill intentioned. 

Had 2 hours and 20 minutes to kill between jobs at work and when I start preparing 20 minutes before it I find out the the job was cancelled 3 hours beforehand. It didn't occur to any arsehole at control to tell me.

8 hours ago, jonesy said:

Third seethe is a red Merc swerving left into the left hand turn lane as he/she cannot turn right in a normal fashion. I had to swerve onto the pavement to avoid said .

I commented on this the other days. There’s so many people cannot turn off without swerving onto the opposite side of the road to do so. Eejits!

Montgomery Brewster
58 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

buckets not emptied yesterday, ok for months then boom a no show, ragin, seethin.

Happens every summer. The council redeploy more folk to city centre to help clear up after the tourists. 

Gets worse once the big festivals start. 

Council out !

Harry Potter
14 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Happens every summer. The council redeploy more folk to city centre to help clear up after the tourists. 

Gets worse once the big festivals start. 

Council out !

Be quick enough on my case if i missed one council tax payment.  

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Ah - different department mate

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Montgomery Brewster
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

They are all shisters. 

Fall into the same bracket as politicians do the city councillors.

How can you tell a politician is lying - his lips are moving.

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

buckets not emptied yesterday, ok for months then boom a no show, ragin, seethin.

For once, Harry, instead of leaving it to your good wife, why don’t you take a wee turn?

:whistling:

Harry Potter
36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

For once, Harry, instead of leaving it to your good wife, why don’t you take a wee turn?

:whistling:

My job bud and i deal with our cans and cardboard bag as well^_^

Keep finding horrible ******* false widows outside. They the only spiders that I make sure I kill.

Bugger all on the tele so I'm watching the Motherwell Morton game. Half way through the second half and there was an ad break.

Samuel Camazzola

That Strongbow advert getting more exposure than ever! Trying the flog a crap cider with a crap cover of an 80s classic with crap hipster singers. They two arrows need to be redirected!

The new Aldi advert with the two Scottish girls too! WTF!? Whoever commissioned that needs a Strongbow bolt fired their way! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am not a great fan of eggs but thought for a change this morning I would boil a couple of them. Firstly I forgot they were on and rescued them just in time but by then they were really hard boiled. To make matters worse when I scooped out the yoke from mine it fell off the spoon onto the floor and I was left with the tasteless white part.

Back to porridge or cereal tomorrow in this house.

The new Sky Sports advert, mentions probably every EPL club AND the Old Firm, no mention of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, etc. Predictable, but still annoying.

Also, gold coin adverts, shite.

Edited by peter_hmfc

just had my dinner ruined. i was adding salt out of one of the salt containers you buy in the shops and the lid came off completely covering my dinner in salt. completely ruined

Was in a massive queue at tills... Eventually woman in front was next and fortunately she just had bottle of juice, costing 99p.Unfortunately, after waiting in line for a good five minutes at least, she decided to put her rucksack down. Open one zip... Then another and pulled out purse. And then proceeded to get rid of every bit of shrapnel to pay... Me and checkout guy just stared at each other... Had it at no point occurred to her to maybe get money nice and ready in plenty of time.... 

Lyle and Scott and Hermes. Ordered stuff on July 5th and had nothing from them and the last tracking was on the 8th. Emailed Lyle and Scott and didn’t get a reply, eventually after a few more emails and phone calls I got replacement items sent on the 18th and still .... NOTHING. 

Shambles.

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just had my dinner ruined. i was adding salt out of one of the salt containers you buy in the shops and the lid came off completely covering my dinner in salt. completely ruined

Is it possible this was deliberate.

I...eh.....have known folk to do this in cafes and restaurants......nasty folk like.......😏

58 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I...eh.....have known folk to do this in cafes and restaurants......nasty folk like.......😏

i live alone, so i hope not

On 23/07/2019 at 21:24, Der Kaiser said:

I really hope these types of sociopaths don’t work in schools 🤔

😁

What is it with toddlers? Why is pulling all the dvds off the shelf and leaving them in a nice big pile on the floor, the best, most fun game in the world?

Wee shite 🤬🤬🤬

Edited by iantjambo

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

What is it with toddlers? Why is pulling all the dvds off the shelf and leaving them in a nice big pile on the floor, the best, most fun game in the world?

Wee shite 🤬🤬🤬

You ever had them play the game of "I can do 3 jigsaws and have them all out the box at once".

"Wee shite" is tame

18 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

You ever had them play the game of "I can do 3 jigsaws and have them all out the box at once".

"Wee shite" is tame

No, I’ve not played that particular game. Sounds fun though.

Probably not as fun as “Let’s see how long it takes grandad to pick up all the cotton buds off the floor”. Great game, I’ve played it twice today 🤬

Edited by iantjambo

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No, I’ve not played that particular game. Sounds fun though.

Probably not as fun as “Let’s see how long it takes grandad to pick up all the cotton buds off the floor”. Great game, I’ve played it twice today 🤬

Life's wee miracles!

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I really hope these types of sociopaths don’t work in schools 🤔

😁

Many people have looked at me and said "You're a parent....and a teacher.......HOW?"

:gok:

3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Many people have looked at me and said "You're a parent....and a teacher.......HOW?"

:gok:

Well, I hate to admit it...But!

:lol:

Craig Gordons Gloves
On 23/07/2019 at 14:15, LeftBack said:

Was in a massive queue at tills... Eventually woman in front was next and fortunately she just had bottle of juice, costing 99p.Unfortunately, after waiting in line for a good five minutes at least, she decided to put her rucksack down. Open one zip... Then another and pulled out purse. And then proceeded to get rid of every bit of shrapnel to pay... Me and checkout guy just stared at each other... Had it at no point occurred to her to maybe get money nice and ready in plenty of time.... 

Random question (s) was this woman wee (about 4'9) with wild brown/reddy hair and looked a bit mad? If so, it could be my mum as this is exactly what she does and she always carries a rucksack.

Thinking I was being smart, ground all my coffee beans at once. Only to realise I've ground them all too fine and now they are pretty much useless in my espresso machine. First World problems eh! 

The in-laws are here. The old Rhino tells me they're getting to the train station at 18:05. I show up with the 4 year old to collect them. They don't come off the train. They don't come off the next train either. I call her and the old arsehole tells me they're running late. No shit. They're 45 minutes behind. Ignorant old cow could've let me know.

Somehow the dire conversation gets to TV licenses and she pipes up about TV detector vans. The pair of them actually believe this shit!

6 hours ago, IronJambo said:

The in-laws are here. The old Rhino tells me they're getting to the train station at 18:05. I show up with the 4 year old to collect them. They don't come off the train. They don't come off the next train either. I call her and the old arsehole tells me they're running late. No shit. They're 45 minutes behind. Ignorant old cow could've let me know.

Somehow the dire conversation gets to TV licenses and she pipes up about TV detector vans. The pair of them actually believe this shit!

:yas:

The perfect start to the weekend :D

Edited by iantjambo

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Oh no, I hope they didn't have to go back because they forgot THE BIG JUG?

I'll rephrase that. I hope they've got THE BIG JUG with them? :D 

5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

It's ok they can send iron jambo out for a new one

14 hours ago, IronJambo said:

13 hours ago, jonesy said:

Pretty much the only reason I tune in to KB these days to see how much your in laws annoy you.

I've managed to avoid mine coming here for two years now. The old boy got sick, but silver linings and all that...

7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

:yas:

The perfect start to the weekend :D

5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

It's ok they can send iron jambo out for a new one

My sister-in-law (Janet to those ITK) is getting a bit cheesed off being referred to as ‘The Big Jug’.

She’s not really that big.

ps. She is really.

Just for clarification, THE jug was left behind in my spare room in January 🤮  if theres another one made it here she'll be drinking cordial out of it with his catheter tube as a straw!

They've only been here 24 hours and I'm already fed up with cleaning up manky tea bags from the work top and binning crap that's just been left two feet from the bin.

7 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Just for clarification, THE jug was left behind in my spare room in January 🤮  if theres another one made it here she'll be drinking cordial out of it with his catheter tube as a straw!

They've only been here 24 hours and I'm already fed up with cleaning up manky tea bags from the work top and binning crap that's just been left two feet from the bin.

Just shoot the cow.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Just shoot the cow.

You can at least eat a real cow. Don't even think coyote's, rats or a vulture would even eat her.

13 hours ago, IronJambo said:

This is my daily experience with my housemate. He makes a frozen pizza and just leaves the box on the worktop where it would fall into the bin if pushed six inches. He just went to the store last night and bought a bottle of mouthwash. It's now set in the bathroom next to two empty bottles of mouthwash.

:olly:

20 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This is my daily experience with my housemate. He makes a frozen pizza and just leaves the box on the worktop where it would fall into the bin if pushed six inches. He just went to the store last night and bought a bottle of mouthwash. It's now set in the bathroom next to two empty bottles of mouthwash.

:olly:

It's a joke. I got up earlier and there were two wet teabags on the edge of the sink. So I need to waste kitchen roll picking them up and then clean the mess they've left behind.

So kitchen roll wasted along with an unnecessary mess. Why can't a teabag go straight in the bin? 

20 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It's a joke. I got up earlier and there were two wet teabags on the edge of the sink. So I need to waste kitchen roll picking them up and then clean the mess they've left behind.

So kitchen roll wasted along with an unnecessary mess. Why can't a teabag go straight in the bin? 

As much as I sympathise with you cleaning up other people’s s***e, and I do really, you don’t need kitchen roll to pick up teabags.

24 minutes ago, FWJ said:

As much as I sympathise with you cleaning up other people’s s***e, and I do really, you don’t need kitchen roll to pick up teabags.

This is what I took from the post too.

26 minutes ago, FWJ said:

**** picking them up bare handed. You don't need anything to pick them up, even hands if they're out straight in the bin like they should be.

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

1 day down. How many more to go ? 

They go home Tuesday. I'm on the verge of calling resources at work and volunteering for tomorrow. I've not worked a Sunday for 4 years.

50 minutes ago, FWJ said:

if they are using that many tea bags you could put a small bowl there so you just empty that at the end of the day. or am i going to get it in the neck for suggesting something that will make iron jambos next few days a little easier