of the top of my head England Scotland Ireland Germany 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus.. :) 

of the top of my head England Scotland Ireland Germany 

Well you would be wrong with the first two

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It depends!

If you get a call your not expecting, the number is not saved in your phone then I won't answer it. If then my phone goes off a couple mins later and its the notification for the VM I will listening to it then return the call back if It's relevant. 

But I won't answer a call if I'm not expecting it or I don't know the number.

Also I won't answer my phone to my work on my days off nor my manager or supervisor, They try and message on Whats app so they can see if I have viewed it. If that happens I then just use texts until I'm back at work 😂 

You can change your WhatsApp settings so that your boss doesn't know if you accessed the message, or not (and plenty of other things).

https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/security-and-privacy/how-to-change-your-privacy-settings/?lang=en

Салатные палочки
24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You'll do well to top this.

on the celebrity chase last night.. Joel whatever his name was asked

" what part of the body is cockney rhyming slang " Hampstead heath" associated with. ?  

He just passed. But come on its bloody obvious.  

:) 

On 12/01/2022 at 10:49, JamesM48 said:

Just claim you have been offered a far cheaper deal with a rival company. Maybe research first some cheaper offers. 

Might work, might not. all depends on the current churn rate (net no of customers leaving v joining) if churn rate is bad you'll get a deal if it's good then less likely

9 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Sell on clauses. It’s all you hear people going on about on here. 

Shut the **** up. 

🤣

😂 To much football manager being played. Can buy out the sell on clause too in some cases 😂

I agree with you folk hoping we have a sell on clause for Souttar they mean nothing! If he runs down his contract with his next club and leaves on a free we will get F all, Or his stock goes down will end up with peanuts. Should be wanting as much money now from selling a player, Instead of hoping for a pay day in years to come, He may never leave they club he's going to and we will never get the sell on clause Haha

When watching a reality tv programme like " Coach trip" which pits so called celebrities against each other.  They form different groups etc but call different factions " Clicks" instead of  " cliques" LOL always makes me howl. 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

When watching a reality tv programme like " Coach trip" which pits so called celebrities against each other.  They form different groups etc but call different factions " Clicks" instead of  " cliques" LOL always makes me howl. 

More Americanisation of the English language. 

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

More Americanisation of the English language. 

Another of my pet hates. I still say " the pictures" and I dont care. :) 

Dennis Reynolds

Door slamming. Held the door open for a lady who then preceded to let the door fly shut shaking what felt like the entire stair. Didn't seem bothered at all. 

On 11/01/2022 at 18:01, JamesM48 said:

Ludicrous/ stupid / completely thick  answers on quiz shows on the telly

Just been watching " The Chase" 

Question

What famous tennis player won his 4th US  open tennis final in 1984 ? 

Contestant answer :  Rafa Nadal  !!!!

Argggggggghhh

Real answer JP Mcenroe 

Do not, under any circumstances, watch "Lingo"..

You'll put your foot through the 'kin telly!!

11 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Do not, under any circumstances, watch "Lingo"..

You'll put your foot through the 'kin telly!!

ive seen a bit of it....no thanks :) 

William H. Bonney

Roadworks. A never ending seethe it seems. 
Cowgate is closed. Diverted up to George IV bridge. Roadworks at junction of chamber street. Also roadworks on pleasance near st Mary’s street and on royal mile. 
All of this makes for a very stressful journey when driving into the city centre from the west. 

1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

Cowgate is closed. Diverted up to George IV bridge. Roadworks at junction of chamber street. Also roadworks on pleasance near st Mary’s street and on royal mile. 
All of this makes for a very stressful journey when driving into the city centre from the west. 

I had the unfortunate pleasure to be driving through town yesterday. What an absolute cluster-**** mess of roadworks. A journey that would normally take about 15 minutes, took over an hour. 

Last winter, my driver side mirror stopped unfolding all the way out as the motor had died. 

Guess what's just happened to my passenger side one today?

4 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Couple of Tuesdays ago I had to get from the Grassmarket (eastern end) to Frederick St. Oh my word! :berra:

8 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Traffic around the Picardy Roundabout today was a farce. They've apparently changed the road layout at York Place and the queues this morning resembled something of rush hour in Mumbai.

42 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Traffic around the Picardy Roundabout today was a farce. They've apparently changed the road layout at York Place and the queues this morning resembled something of rush hour in Mumbai.

One of the areas I got stuck at yesterday. City centre is an utter mess.

On the way to the game last night I got caught up in a wee traffic jam trying to get into Ponton St from Tollcross. Got into Ponton St only to find a Lothian Buses transit with its hazzard lights on blocking the inside lane! Irony is the back of the van had the message "LB keeping Edinburgh on the move".

I've literally flicked through the channels and found the new Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Watched it a little.

Who the **** is that fat lass team captain who laughs like an utter loony at every conceivable opportunity? She is quite possibly the most unfunny unlikeable person I've seen on TV and I don't know who she is.

8 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I've literally flicked through the channels and found the new Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Watched it a little.

Who the **** is that fat lass team captain who laughs like an utter loony at every conceivable opportunity? She is quite possibly the most unfunny unlikeable person I've seen on TV and I don't know who she is.

She gets worse as the series goes on. 
Oh and she’s Daisy May Cooper. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

She gets worse as the series goes on. 
Oh and she’s Daisy May Cooper. 

Just googled her and I’m still none the wiser 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Салатные палочки
11 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Watched it a little.

My sister messaged me a while back to tell me a new series of NMTB was on Sky. I had already seen a bit of it and told her not to bother her arse watching it. Absolutely awful. 

Салатные палочки

The plethora of dating shows on TV nowadays featuring young, attractive (in society's eye) people. They're all "desperate" for love. 21 year old girls who "just want someone to love them". But here's the catch, that "someone" needs to be over 6ft tall, athletic-muscly, tanned, tattooed and bearded. Your average nice guy just won't cut it with them. 

There was one advertised the other night and it was all young folk from different nations. An English girl was standing in front of two Italian guys on sunbeds trying to converse with them. One of them said a word meaning "ugly" in Italian, which she interpreted as meaning "fit". She was so excited, parading in front of them while these two guys couldn't give a shite and were just laid back with their shades on. 

How damaging are these programmes for young people? Giving them an unnatural view of how we should date, find love and most importantly, look. And they wonder  why so many young people are depressed and taking their lives. What a sad, damaging world we live in. 

Temp traffic lights on Stevenson road @ Westfield Road at the same time as temp lights on Roseburn terrace @ Roseburn street , traffic heading east and west at a standstill , great road planning CEC again 😡😡😡

Did a lateral flow test before going to work. ******* thing was void so had to do another. Two lots of sneezing and gagging is a crap way to start the day. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

My sister messaged me a while back to tell me a new series of NMTB was on Sky. I had already seen a bit of it and told her not to bother her arse watching it. Absolutely awful. 

It was a great watch with Mark Lamar and I even enjoyed Simon Amstell and some of the guest hosts.

I'm not a fan of Noel Fielding but I don't mind him. Greg Davies....don't even mind him.

They could resurrect Bill Hicks as its hosts and I still couldn't watch it because of that woman. She's like the drunk lassie no one invited at a party. I'm sure i clocked Fielding looking unimpressed with her in the 8 or so minutes it was on.

Rupert Pupkin

Took the dog out for her evening walk last night... Halfway through she stopped to do her business. Bent down to bag it and as I’m scooping it it the bag ripped and the sh@t went all over my hand 😩😩😩😩😩Hastily tried to wipe it on the grass to no avail... Will be taking wipes with me in future 

7 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Took the dog out for her evening walk last night... Halfway through she stopped to do her business. Bent down to bag it and as I’m scooping it it the bag ripped and the sh@t went all over my hand 😩😩😩😩😩Hastily tried to wipe it on the grass to no avail... Will be taking wipes with me in future 

Sorry, but…

:gok:

Rupert Pupkin
On 11/01/2022 at 19:40, JamesM48 said:

LOL seriously im a right quiz goer and when i hear answers like this i think wtf I was thinking of setting up a thread about this very topic as some answers have been hysterical 

One from Tipping Point 

Ben: The French astrologer Michel de Nostredame  is famously known by what one word name.?

Contestant after some thought: Humpback... 😂😂😂

I nearly spat my tea over the TV.

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry, but…

:gok:

I see the funny side now, but I was  seething big time..😂😂

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Temp traffic lights on Stevenson road @ Westfield Road at the same time as temp lights on Roseburn terrace @ Roseburn street , traffic heading east and west at a standstill , great road planning CEC again 😡😡😡

Road works on Cliftonhall road getting done during the night. 4 way lights just after DPD this morning it took me 35 Minutes to get from the Newbridge roundabout to my work up at junction 2 ind est. Was mental this morning. work was meant to take 2 weeks now its 5. 

11 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

One from Tipping Point 

Ben: The French astrologer Michel de Nostredame  is famously known by what one word name.?

Contestant after some thought: Humpback... 😂😂😂

I nearly spat my tea over the TV.

8E8F7898-FF88-4C9D-A542-F44CE5552950.gif

21 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I have had this once before not ripping though, But her shit was massive and thought I'd get away with one scoop and one bag 😂 It was to big for one bag tried tying it up ended up with shit all over my fingers :facepalm:

27 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

One time I was about to pick up when a gust of wind blew the bag and I ended up touching the shit. I was so close to grabbing a handful of it.

48 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

I see the funny side now, but I was  seething big time..😂😂

You should’ve posted it in the, in your case literall, ‘shit days’ thread :lol:

1 hour ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Should've used your sock

luckyBatistuta

Had to sit waiting at a green light at the top of Comiston whilst a ####fit on a bicycle with his two little kiddies on bicycles too slowly cycled across the junction. The reason it took so long and we had to sit and wait…the twat also had a little dog on a lead running running behind him in the dark 🤬🤬🤬

A Boy Named Crow

Got up early this morning to take a call from a recruiter about a couple of jobs,  which was really a big nothing. Decided, since I'm up, I might as well get on with some work, but the citrix access for logging in from home is down, and IT haven't bothered there arse with manning the service desk yet (should've been on 25 minutes ago).

So I'm stuck here reading kickback, having had too much coffee to go back to bed.

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Got up early this morning to take a call from a recruiter about a couple of jobs,  which was really a big nothing. Decided, since I'm up, I might as well get on with some work, but the citrix access for logging in from home is down, and IT haven't bothered there arse with manning the service desk yet (should've been on 25 minutes ago).

So I'm stuck here reading kickback, having had too much coffee to go back to bed.

At least it’s not from Starbucks, always look for a positive 😁

Been off the smokes for 10 days now, which obviously isn't the seethe. The seethe is I've been struggling to shite properly for the last week. Sitting here now and all that came out was what can only be described as a junior malteser. 

My abs are rock hard, wondering if a good lunch would get things moving. Bought some prunes but waiting until Saturday when I don't need to leave the house. Worried it will tear my arse in 2 though.

30 minutes ago, superjack said:

Been off the smokes for 10 days now, which obviously isn't the seethe. The seethe is I've been struggling to shite properly for the last week. Sitting here now and all that came out was what can only be described as a junior malteser. 

My abs are rock hard, wondering if a good lunch would get things moving. Bought some prunes but waiting until Saturday when I don't need to leave the house. Worried it will tear my arse in 2 though.

Double espresso and a half pint of fresh orange first thing in the morning will get things moving along nicely. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, superjack said:

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Double espresso and a half pint of fresh orange first thing in the morning will get things moving along nicely. 

This, works for me every morning like clockwork.