The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

20 minutes ago, LMc said:

Hermes. Have 'delivered' a parcel for my wife somewhere. Picture they sent is useless. Went out and checked the stair and there's a pile of parcels just left on the ground. None for Mrs LMc though. 

I understand that delivery drivers are given an unbelievable amount of packages to deliver in a very short space of time but ffs. Some of the parcels left out in the stair were from some pretty pricey stores. 

FTFY :whistling: 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Салатные палочки
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Went for a stroll to the supermarket earlier. In the course of the 10 minute walk I saw a car accelerate through a red light on a crossing, another enter the car park by the no entry and drive round it against the traffic flow, and another park facing oncoming traffic with their lights on full. 
The common factor? Every one was an Audi. 

I was at Tesco on Christmas eve. As expected it was mobbed. A guy in an Audi was parked on the road right outside the entrance, texting. The wee trolley guy was trying to get past and had to wait for him to move. There was folk standing just amazed at the guys brass neck. I wouldn't have blamed the trolley guy for ramming them right into him. 

No offence to any Audi drivers on here but they are arseholes. Driving down a quite road, you can bet that at one point you'll have an Audi come out of nowhere to sit right up your arse with their nuclear headlights burning into the back of your head. 

Салатные палочки
35 minutes ago, LMc said:

Hermes. Have 'delivered' a parcel for my wife somewhere. Picture they sent is useless. Went out and checked the stair and there's a pile of parcels just left on the ground. None for Mrs LMc though. 

I understand that delivery drivers are given an unbelievable amount of packages to deliver in a very short space of time but ffs. Some of the parcels left out in the stair are from some pretty pricey stores. 

My heart sinks when I get a text saying Hermes have my parcel. DPD on the other hand are spot on. Never had an issue with them and their app is great. Plus I had a Jambo deliver a parcel recently. 

WhatApp voice notes, Mrs Ribble and a couple of her especially vapid pals have done away with typing messages to each other and now just send voice notes of literally any shite that pops into their heads at any given moment, whole point of text/app messaging is to send quick concise messages but they've reverted to 1980's voicemails

Салатные палочки

The Chaser clearly not trying when contestants get a low score on their final chase. Today they got 11. They got down to the final seconds because the chaser was giving stupid answers. One of the questions was "a backpack is another name for what kind of bag?". His answer was "luggage". I mean come on to feck. Takes the enjoyment out it for me when they clearly know the answer and I'm now beginning to think that the show is fixed. 

The celebrity one isn't even worth watching as there's no competitive element to it. 

You sometimes see the chaser looking off to the side of the camera when they regale us all with a fact from one of their correct answers....almost as if its been put up on a screen for them.....

🤔

You sometimes see the chaser looking off to the side of the camera when they regale us all with a fact from one of their correct answers....almost as if its been put up on a screen for them.....

🤔

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

🤔

4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

🤔

A double take even

The sound recording techniques used on new film and TV productions. They are produced for top end playback equipment or full cinema systems and a lot of it doesn’t come across in most peoples houses. I’ve got a decent soundbar with a good sized subwoofer and you only really get the best out of things if you listen at high volumes. And also a lot of films now you get to a good volume for speech and then there’s an action sequence and you get blown off your chair with the huge volume increase. 

On 30/12/2021 at 13:16, Ribble said:

WhatApp voice notes, Mrs Ribble and a couple of her especially vapid pals have done away with typing messages to each other and now just send voice notes of literally any shite that pops into their heads at any given moment, whole point of text/app messaging is to send quick concise messages but they've reverted to 1980's voicemails

My friends wee girl does this to me. She’s 5 so I’ll let her off. If it was an adult doing it I’d be raging. 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

The sound recording techniques used on new film and TV productions. They are produced for top end playback equipment or full cinema systems and a lot of it doesn’t come across in most peoples houses. I’ve got a decent soundbar with a good sized subwoofer and you only really get the best out of things if you listen at high volumes. And also a lot of films now you get to a good volume for speech and then there’s an action sequence and you get blown off your chair with the huge volume increase. 

I started watching Belfast in bed last night and turned it off for that reason. I had to turn it up to hear the dialogue and as soon as a song came on or there was a barny in the street I had to quickly turn it down. 

I wonder if Sky Sports is the same as I could hardly hear the commentary above the crowd noise during the Liverpool game. 

Jambo_jim2001
On 28/12/2021 at 13:33, Salad Fingers said:

I was at Tesco on Christmas eve. As expected it was mobbed. A guy in an Audi was parked on the road right outside the entrance, texting. The wee trolley guy was trying to get past and had to wait for him to move. There was folk standing just amazed at the guys brass neck. I wouldn't have blamed the trolley guy for ramming them right into him. 

No offence to any Audi drivers on here but they are arseholes. Driving down a quite road, you can bet that at one point you'll have an Audi come out of nowhere to sit right up your arse with their nuclear headlights burning into the back of your head. 

Worked at Audi twice was a great company in the eighties,working on them was a delight as was most *** group vehicles.got headhunted by Audi UK in 2010,lasted three months and walked out,most customers are a bunch of karen's.

Fair took the crown from BMW owners.

Captain Sausage

Waited in all day for my smart meter upgrade. I need the Eon guy to open up the meter to upgrade the tails from 16mm2 to 25mm2 so the DNO can come (booked Thursday) to upgrade my 60A fuse to 100A. 

I need this so that my EV charger installer can come next Wednesday and install my charger. 

Arsehole never showed up so I’m going to have to rearrange the whole thing and lose about a goddam month. ****ers. 

JudyJudyJudy

Ok. Unsure if this has been mentioned before.

I really like reality shows like " A new place in the sun"  ( just love having a nose at nice houses) 

I also like its sister show " A New Life in the sun"

However what drives me mad is the inability or unwillingness of quite a high percentage of the " ex pats" to learn the language of the country they have moved to .  In particular the people who have set up businesses.  FFS . It makes poor business sense and is also rude and ignorant too. 

Rant over/ 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Ok. Unsure if this has been mentioned before.

I really like reality shows like " A new place in the sun"  ( just love having a nose at nice houses) 

I also like its sister show " A New Life in the sun"

However what drives me mad is the inability or unwillingness of quite a high percentage of the " ex pats" to learn the language of the country they have moved to .  In particular the people who have set up businesses.  FFS . It makes poor business sense and is also rude and ignorant too. 

Rant over/ 

This! 

And I’m off to check out this New Life in the Sun you speak of 🏃🏻

19 hours ago, Cade said:

Aye all these non-integrating economic migrants do my tits in.

:look:

me too 

18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

This! 

And I’m off to check out this New Life in the Sun you speak of 🏃🏻

also try " bargain loving brits in the sun " on channel 5 on a sunday night. its just as bad as the title suggests. all the ex pats together and totally excluding any form of Spanish culture. all tight fisted gits too. 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

me too 

also try " bargain loving brits in the sun " on channel 5 on a sunday night. its just as bad as the title suggests. all the ex pats together and totally excluding any form of Spanish culture. all tight fisted gits too. 

There was one on last night about a hotel in Benidorm. An older couple arrived and the woman asked the receptionist if there was still a guy called "Pedro" working in the bar. She had been there in the 70's with her parents and they encouraged her to get together with this Pedro guy. She kept going on about it right in front of her partner/husband and I was actually cringing. 

They went down to the bar after they had unpacked and she couldn't wait to see if he was still there. She asked a guy with a name badge that said "Manolo" or something if he was Pedro. The guy said yes and she's like "oh you might not remember me but......" right in front of the partner/husband. 

They interviewed "Pedro" afterwards and he basically said he had so many British girls back then that the chances of him remembering her were very slim :laugh:

31 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

There was one on last night about a hotel in Benidorm. An older couple arrived and the woman asked the receptionist if there was still a guy called "Pedro" working in the bar. She had been there in the 70's with her parents and they encouraged her to get together with this Pedro guy. She kept going on about it right in front of her partner/husband and I was actually cringing. 

They went down to the bar after they had unpacked and she couldn't wait to see if he was still there. She asked a guy with a name badge that said "Manolo" or something if he was Pedro. The guy said yes and she's like "oh you might not remember me but......" right in front of the partner/husband. 

They interviewed "Pedro" afterwards and he basically said he had so many British girls back then that the chances of him remembering her were very slim :laugh:

I'm watching it just now ;)  it is embarrassing. I love Beni though . ! Imagine looking for a " Pedro" from 40 years plus. They are a couple alkies really.  Pedro is looking his age :) 

33 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

and how the deck is he going to remember her from 40 years ago...what an idiot.. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The Scottish woman who's title was something along the lines of, 'Customer Satisfaction' was doing the rounds and checking the standard of one of the rooms. I nearly spat my drink out when she says two or three of the plasma tvs go missing from the walls quite regularly. 😂

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Virgin Media putting up its prices by £8.50 a month from March! Have to look at what I can sacrifice to reduce their take.

Just got a similar email... Been reluctant to go full IPTV but could be that I'll be Virgin broadband only very soon.

Ludicrous/ stupid / completely thick  answers on quiz shows on the telly

Just been watching " The Chase" 

Question

What famous tennis player won his 4th US  open tennis final in 1984 ? 

Contestant answer :  Rafa Nadal  !!!!

Argggggggghhh

Real answer JP Mcenroe 

13 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just got a similar email... Been reluctant to go full IPTV but could be that I'll be Virgin broadband only very soon.

Im phoning them up gonna tell them Im leaving. They are really expensive. They can bolt

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Ludicrous/ stupid / completely thick  answers on quiz shows on the telly

Just been watching " The Chase" 

Question

What famous tennis player won his 4th US  open tennis final in 1984 ? 

Contestant answer :  Rafa Nadal  !!!!

Argggggggghhh

Real answer JP Mcenroe 

I watched that new Ant and Dec quiz show on Saturday night. The answer to every questions is a number...

Question - Gerard Butler starred as Greek King Leonidas in which 2007 movie?

Answer given: Gladiator.

:rofl: 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I watched that new Ant and Dec quiz show on Saturday night. The answer to every questions is a number...

Question - Gerard Butler starred as Greek King Leonidas in which 2007 movie?

Answer given: Gladiator.

:rofl: 

LOL seriously im a right quiz goer and when i hear answers like this i think wtf I was thinking of setting up a thread about this very topic as some answers have been hysterical 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL seriously im a right quiz goer and when i hear answers like this i think wtf I was thinking of setting up a thread about this very topic as some answers have been hysterical 

I'd certainly enjoy such a thread. Highlight of my day is watching The Chase and Tipping Point. What a way to live your 20's. :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd certainly enjoy such a thread. Highlight of my day is watching The Chase and Tipping Point. What a way to live your 20's. :lol: 

I have never stooped low enough to watch " Tipping point "  that's my tipping point ! :) 

25 minutes ago, Locky said:

If you havent seen this classic youll laugh your head off. 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have never stooped low enough to watch " Tipping point "  that's my tipping point ! :) 

Is there a bigger seethe than someone not knowing what PHM stands for?  🤓

:wink:  🥂

30 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is there a bigger seethe than someone not knowing what PHM stands for?  🤓

:wink:  🥂

:) 

R (12).gif

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

When my parents decide to go IPTV and ditch Virgin, you know things are bad. Been telling them for years that they are a bunch of robbing b*st*rds. 

15 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Virgin Media putting up its prices by £8.50 a month from March! Have to look at what I can sacrifice to reduce their take.

chancers , how much money are they taking in on boring repetative adverts, same rubbish over and over again.

People who reject a phone call when you are trying to ring them.

FFS just answer it and say “I’ll ring you back in 5 or later or what ever”. I get it people, and I include myself in this, can’t take every call at every point in the day.

However to just reject the call is is plain rude in my opinion and it does my tits in.

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

People who reject a phone call when you are trying to ring them.

FFS just answer it and say “I’ll ring you back in 5 or later or what ever”. I get it people, and I include myself in this, can’t take every call at every point in the day.

However to just reject the call is is plain rude in my opinion and it does my tits in.

It depends!

If you get a call your not expecting, the number is not saved in your phone then I won't answer it. If then my phone goes off a couple mins later and its the notification for the VM I will listening to it then return the call back if It's relevant. 

But I won't answer a call if I'm not expecting it or I don't know the number.

Also I won't answer my phone to my work on my days off nor my manager or supervisor, They try and message on Whats app so they can see if I have viewed it. If that happens I then just use texts until I'm back at work 😂 

7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It depends!

If you get a call your not expecting, the number is not saved in your phone then I won't answer it. If then my phone goes off a couple mins later and its the notification for the VM I will listening to it then return the call back if It's relevant. 

But I won't answer a call if I'm not expecting it or I don't know the number.

Also I won't answer my phone to my work on my days off nor my manager or supervisor, They try and message on Whats app so they can see if I have viewed it. If that happens I then just use texts until I'm back at work 😂 

I should have explained my post a little better. I agree if it’s a number you don’t have saved then fair enough. Even then I tend to answer if at all possible.

Its when I ring someone who I know has my number saved who then reject it. Just answer the phone and if you are busy tell me! Takes all of 5 seconds!!!

5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I should have explained my post a little better. I agree if it’s a number you don’t have saved then fair enough. Even then I tend to answer if at all possible.

Its when I ring someone who I know has my number saved who then reject it. Just answer the phone and if you are busy tell me! Takes all of 5 seconds!!!

I disagree, what if they are in the middle of something that they can't take even 5 seconds to tell you they are busy. Also a ringing phone can be rather rude it is sort of like once it is ringing is screaming answer me answer me

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Aye i'm with you on that one then. If someone who calls me and I have there number save I will answer pretty big on the texting or whats app so if they are calling something is up so I'll answer. 

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I disagree, what if they are in the middle of something that they can't take even 5 seconds to tell you they are busy. Also a ringing phone can be rather rude it is sort of like once it is ringing is screaming answer me answer me

I find it hard to believe that people literally can’t lose 5 seconds of their day to say I’ll ring you back? 

If you are in a meeting or in a situation where in advance you know answering the phone will be rude or difficult or whatever you should stick it on silent?

Rejecting a call when you know who is ringing you is rude. Simple as that.

Konrad von Carstein
15 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Im phoning them up gonna tell them Im leaving. They are really expensive. They can bolt

Just made the call to go Broadband only...Jeezo what a palaver!!

Got transferred from one department to another where I was talking to some lassie who struggled with my accent 🙄 but we got there in the end... Bill cut by a smidge more than 50%.

:greggy:

No amount of discussion was getting me the new customer price though.

:tlj:

15 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Just made the call to go Broadband only...Jeezo what a palaver!!

Got transferred from one department to another where I was talking to some lassie who struggled with my accent 🙄 but we got there in the end... Bill cut by a smidge more than 50%.

:greggy:

No amount of discussion was getting me the new customer price though.

:tlj:

Well done. Ive done this a few times over the years. My bill is £40 and thats just internet. Nothing else. Ill try change it today too. 

39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Well done. Ive done this a few times over the years. My bill is £40 and thats just internet. Nothing else. Ill try change it today too. 

I need to call Sky to get my price down and upgrade broadband. 

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I need to call Sky to get my price down and upgrade broadband. 

Just claim you have been offered a far cheaper deal with a rival company. Maybe research first some cheaper offers.