The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm the same, I turn into a wee girl as soon as I sit in the dentists chair. I'm at the point now where I need a local anaesthetic before they start the scraping. The hygienist prefers that as it means she has a no bite guarantee.

"wee girl" is how I describe myself to the dentist when they say let's S&P... :( 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

"wee girl" is how I describe myself to the dentist when they say let's S&P... :( 

I know. I usually have a reasonably high pain threshold. Not sure why it disappears at the dentists. I'd choose the pain from a broken bone over the dentist every time. 

I've tried a few different techniques over the years: going in half pissed, going in stoned, taking half a dozen tramadol an hour before my visit. End result, I'm just a wasted wee girl instead.

Pain relented on Thursday. 

Quickly followed by me lancing the lump on my gum with a pin and squeezing out half a litre of pus.

The swelling was worse this time and started reaching my eye which was a concern but its now on its way out.

I'm not facing the prospect of this again and asking for an extraction at my next visit.

AND

I had to get a camera shoved up my arse today as well just to cap off a really superb week.

Medical reasons obviously.....although I did get given gas and air.....and wow.....four deep inhalations of that and you get really light headed. Short lived but never realised how strong that stuff is.

Finally able to eat after nowt for two days.

Had a Burger King. .....that was a mistake.

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Quickly followed by me lancing the lump on my gum with a pin and squeezing out half a litre of pus.

The swelling was worse this time and started reaching my eye which was a concern but its now on its way out.

I'm not facing the prospect of this again and asking for an extraction at my next visit.

AND

I had to get a camera shoved up my arse today as well just to cap off a really superb week.

Medical reasons obviously.....although I did get given gas and air.....and wow.....four deep inhalations of that and you get really light headed. Short lived but never realised how strong that stuff is.

Was empathising until that , you savage...

Till assistants in shops who prolong your wait in the queue while they chat to the customer in front of you about crap like Strictly! Its a shop not a social meeting place!

On 19/11/2021 at 23:29, Der Kaiser said:

AND

Is the burger king meal the reason you had a camera inserted up your farter?

15 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Is the burger king meal the reason you had a camera inserted up your farter?

No.....but going how bad that burger was it may result in another rectal photoshoot.

On 19/11/2021 at 19:51, Konrad von Carstein said:

However, my 6 monthly scale and polish is a fekkin nighmare as I seem to have hyper sensitivity in my teeth...

:seething:

My dentist has started doing the S&P with warm water/air and it's miles better than it was before, still not great but definitely a huge improvement

On 18/11/2021 at 18:50, Captain Sausage said:

Also for those with tooth pain, you can go private. 

My root canal tooth cracked last week and I managed to get it repaired today. £450 lighter for the pleasure, but they wanted me to wait until March with the NHS!

Will happily not go to the boozer for a few weeks in exchange for no tooth pain. 

I switched to private a couple of years ago and won't ever go back to the NHS butchers, you can always look into things like denplan to ease the costs too, like you say a few weeks off the bevvy in exchange for good dentistry that you don't have to wait for is well worth it

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I switched to private a couple of years ago and won't ever go back to the NHS butchers, you can always look into things like denplan to ease the costs too, like you say a few weeks off the bevvy in exchange for good dentistry that you don't have to wait for is well worth it

is the cost much more i find the NHS expensive enough.

cheaper getting the car serviced lol.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

is the cost much more i find the NHS expensive enough.

cheaper getting the car serviced lol.

Depends on the treatment and how much work you need done really, I needed a huge amount of work done having spent years being terrified of the dentist and having bad work done by the NHS so over lockdown I had 7 grands worth of work done with just over half claimed back on Denplan.

There's not a huge difference for routine appointments but once you start getting actual procedures then you'd see the difference as the NHS is capped at less than £300 where that wouldn't even cover a single crown for example when you go private. I had 3 or 4 veneers done, not for a hollywood smile but to protect the tooth and improve my bite, at a bargain half price it was £375 a tooth.

43 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Depends on the treatment and how much work you need done really, I needed a huge amount of work done having spent years being terrified of the dentist and having bad work done by the NHS so over lockdown I had 7 grands worth of work done with just over half claimed back on Denplan.

There's not a huge difference for routine appointments but once you start getting actual procedures then you'd see the difference as the NHS is capped at less than £300 where that wouldn't even cover a single crown for example when you go private. I had 3 or 4 veneers done, not for a hollywood smile but to protect the tooth and improve my bite, at a bargain half price it was £375 a tooth.

thanks , 

The phrase used as a smart arse reply on social media "tell me you're such and such, without telling me you're such and such".

Aye, it was mildly amusing to start with, but try telling me you're an unoriginal dick, without telling me you're an unoriginal dick.

22 minutes ago, Beni said:

The phrase used as a smart arse reply on social media "tell me you're such and such, without telling me you're such and such".

Aye, it was mildly amusing to start with, but try telling me you're an unoriginal dick, without telling me you're an unoriginal dick.

I have seen some good ones but overall they are a bit tiresome 

Garage hoover nozzle blocked again, 😒, hoover is for sooking up dust not hair bands and lighters.

15 mins wasted, clueless acts again, not difficult to understand.

Салатные палочки

The wee one woke up with a quite a bad rash this morning. Phoned the docs to see if we could get a call back for advice. Receptionist advised us that they were on  half day for training (customer service hopefully) and to submit a form online. After 40 odd questions, the automated reply advised that we would get an answer before 6pm tomorrow!

Took some pics and went to the chemist, spoke to a pharmacist who did a prescription within 15 mins.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

The wee one woke up with a quite a bad rash this morning. Phoned the docs to see if we could get a call back for advice. Receptionist advised us that they were on  half day for training (customer service hopefully) and to submit a form online. After 40 odd questions, the automated reply advised that we would get an answer before 6pm tomorrow!

Took some pics and went to the chemist, spoke to a pharmacist who did a prescription within 15 mins.

NHS 24 might have been worth trying.

Салатные палочки
48 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

NHS 24 might have been worth trying.

As the day went on and we seen that she wasn't getting any worse or had any other symptoms then that probably would have been a better option in hindsight.  

Not used NHS24 since my youngest daughter ate some cat litter out her grans cat litter tray :laugh:

28 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

As the day went on and we seen that she wasn't getting any worse or had any other symptoms then that probably would have been a better option in hindsight.  

Not used NHS24 since my youngest daughter ate some cat litter out her grans cat litter tray :laugh:

I'd probably not be too keen on phoning them back after that one either!

What was the outcome?!

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd probably not be too keen on phoning them back after that one either!

What was the outcome?!

I had to check the tray to see if there was anything in it. Thankfully it was just recently changed so the advice was keep an eye on her but she should be okay. 

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Thats shocking bud, at least the pharmacist helped you.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Thats shocking bud, at least the pharmacist helped you.

During the pandemic doctors  have been almost in hiding whilst pharmacies have remained open and have taken up the role of doctors surgeries 

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

During the pandemic doctors  have been almost in hiding whilst pharmacies have remained open and have taken up the role of doctors surgeries 

Yep. It’s like they are enjoying the peace 

10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

spot on bud, my wife is a nurse, has never halted.

41 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Lothian buses tracker , **** off its shite😡😡😡😡😡😡

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Lothian buses tracker , **** off its shite😡😡😡😡😡😡

You wait for ages and then two turn up. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You wait for ages and then two turn up. 

**** didn’t even realise I’d posted on here 😂😂😂😂😂

Gloves. Every year when it gets cold I go to dig out warm gloves and can’t find them. I definitely bought new ones last year (again) and can’t find the things anywhere. Though I did find a single glove from the year before’s pair. 

Салатные палочки

"Sober Saturday's" and "Fresh Sunday's" posts on Facebook. Usually accompanied by a picture of the parents and kids on the couch with a big throw and snacks watching a film on the Saturday or the family at the park or beach with hot chocolates on the Sunday. 

Why would you make a big thing out of spending time with your kids instead of drinking? It surely doesn't impress anyone, just makes you look like a selfish arsehole. 

Maybe give drivers (like me for eg) a wee bit of notice that when turning right onto the W Approach Road from Morrison Street/Link the left hand lane is shut immediately after the junction.

And shift that fallen-over sign right at the junction before someone (me) drives over it.

26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

"Sober Saturday's" and "Fresh Sunday's" posts on Facebook. Usually accompanied by a picture of the parents and kids on the couch with a big throw and snacks watching a film on the Saturday or the family at the park or beach with hot chocolates on the Sunday. 

Why would you make a big thing out of spending time with your kids instead of drinking? It surely doesn't impress anyone, just makes you look like a selfish arsehole. 

For someone my age the seethe there is when did this happen to men? I’m not thinking men should be smoking Woodbine and beating their kids every day but there seems to be a thing where grown men are acting like teenage girls. “What did you do at the weekend mate?”  “Oh it was cool, I got a new onesie so we had a duvet and pampering day”. Just **** right off what are you doing next? A ****ing pyjama party listening to K Pop? My nieces husband is always fecking off for spray tans and hair treatments when he has a day off. Big ****ing jessie 

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Tazio's avuncular advice...

See the source image

Fight? No chance mate, I’ve just had a manicure and polish. And I might get blood on my minion onesie. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Fight? No chance mate, I’ve just had a manicure and polish. And I might get blood on my minion onesie. 

:lol: 

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

For someone my age the seethe there is when did this happen to men? I’m not thinking men should be smoking Woodbine and beating their kids every day but there seems to be a thing where grown men are acting like teenage girls. “What did you do at the weekend mate?”  “Oh it was cool, I got a new onesie so we had a duvet and pampering day”. Just **** right off what are you doing next? A ****ing pyjama party listening to K Pop? My nieces husband is always fecking off for spray tans and hair treatments when he has a day off. Big ****ing jessie 

I think the majority of these guys do it for the benefit of their girlfriend or wife's "socials". The amount of guys I've seen on social media with matching family jumpers, pyjamas or onesies on is incredible and its done purely for likes. The girlfriend will usually have the hair done and a full face of make up on. Aye that certainly looks like a cosy night in, not contrived at all. 

I said from day one when my youngest was born, if you and the wee one get matching Christmas jammies or jumpers or any onesie, do not get me any as I won't be wearing them under any circumstances. My sister and brother in law do this every year but then again she picks the majority of his clothes. 

This one  gets my seethe going every weekend - why does the BBC need so many presenters & pundits for their English football highlights programs ?  

Gary Lineker

Mark Chapman

Gabby Logan

Alex Scott

Dion Dublin

Ian Wright

Martin Keown

Jermain Jenas

Danny Murphy

Micah Richards

Alan Shearer

Mark Lawrenson

.... plus occasional other ex-players

Their salaries & fees must be be close to 10  million a year.   Then there's at least 10 commentators and interviewers.  

And then there's Women's football coverage - probably add at least another dozen presenters, pundits & commentators there.

Most commercial companies are always on the lookout to reduce headcount by replacing jobs with technology.   Not  BBC Sport - a gravy train for already rich ex-players who get paid for stating the obvious and generally just for being recognisable.  All paid for by us.

Oh, on the subject of  womens football ...... why did teams suddenly change from having "Ladies" in their names  to being "Women" ?    Ladies too posh perhaps ?  Not good for recruitment ?       

Oh, and another seethe - stop putting out football headlines on the BBC web pages  about womens football without actually stating its women's football.    Example -     "Morgan leaves position as Leicester manager"   :wallbash:

:yadayada:

9 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

This one  gets my seethe going every weekend - why does the BBC need so many presenters & pundits for their English football highlights programs ?  

Gary Lineker

Mark Chapman

Gabby Logan

Alex Scott

Dion Dublin

Ian Wright

Martin Keown

Jermain Jenas

Danny Murphy

Micah Richards

Alan Shearer

Mark Lawrenson

.... plus occasional other ex-players

Their salaries & fees must be be close to 10  million a year.   Then there's at least 10 commentators and interviewers.  

And then there's Women's football coverage - probably add at least another dozen presenters, pundits & commentators there.

Most commercial companies are always on the lookout to reduce headcount by replacing jobs with technology.   Not  BBC Sport - a gravy train for already rich ex-players who get paid for stating the obvious and generally just for being recognisable.  All paid for by us.

Oh, on the subject of  womens football ...... why did teams suddenly change from having "Ladies" in their names  to being "Women" ?    Ladies too posh perhaps ?  Not good for recruitment ?       

Oh, and another seethe - stop putting out football headlines on the BBC web pages  about womens football without actually stating its women's football.    Example -     "Morgan leaves position as Leicester manager"   :wallbash:

:yadayada:

Very much this

The pricks we’ve just bought a house from, schedule said that all integrated appliances were included in the sale. Collected the keys on Friday only to realise that the fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher weren’t ‘integrated’ but freestanding and they pricks had taken everything with them resulting in us having to spend over a grand on Black Friday and the resulting hassle of trying to get stuff delivered anytime in the next fortnight!

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

BBC Sportsday yesterday early evening. Football results, some English bint retiring from rugby, snooker, horseracing. 

No mention of Scotland's women and men winning the European Curling Championships yesterday.

BBC England fudbuckets.

If you're going to cover curling then they would be as well reporting on my epic Ludo vistory over my kids on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:kirk:

Kids getting taught a few life lessons by their old man. Losers.

they will end up dosing your coffee with laxatives when you play scrabble to see your tiles

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

The pricks we’ve just bought a house from, schedule said that all integrated appliances were included in the sale. Collected the keys on Friday only to realise that the fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher weren’t ‘integrated’ but freestanding and they pricks had taken everything with them resulting in us having to spend over a grand on Black Friday and the resulting hassle of trying to get stuff delivered anytime in the next fortnight!

Washing machine, dishwasher and f/f all ingrained with their muck...best rid! Warranties with all the new stuff, all good apart from being 1k lighter...

Edited by OBE

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:kirk:

Kids getting taught a few life lessons by their old man. Losers.

I found I occasionally had to let my daughter win or she would lose interest pretty quick. It was actually quite embarrassing letting my 5 year old daughter beat me in a boxing match!

Салатные палочки

I was listening to a relaxation/meditation thing on Spotify last night while lying in bed. Starts of with the guy talking softly, breathing techniques etc, making you feel relaxed and sleepy then there's about an hour or so of relaxing ambient music. It's really good actually. Anyway, I was feeling great and drifting into a nice, comfortable sleep then BANG!!! Some daft advert had come on with a woman shouting and Christmas music playing. I almost had a heart attack and actually jumped up. Well that was me up for another two hours.