The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Dagger Is Back
40 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not sure how true it is, but had a colleague a while back who had been told that most of the recycling stuff ends up in landfill anyway.

36 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i know that used to be true and it might still be. one thing that does affect it is the macbines that sort the recyling sometimes cannot distinguish between different colours of plastic. they also cannot tell the difference between crushed and uncrushed cans meaning those people who think crushing cans is helping might not be

🤦‍♂️

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

yep, just look at the british reaction to places like china eating cats and dogs, or the horsemeat scandal a few years ago. it is no different to (assuming the killing is done as humane as possible - that is another debate) us eating chicken or beef. the thing you can point to is we see cats, dogs and horses as pets so see them differently to cows and chickens.

as barneybattles says it is a hypocritical viewpoint but that seems to be human nature. 

Exactly, we are taught at an early stage what are pets and what is food. I get angry when people will be horrified at the killing or mistreatment of a "pet" whilst they chew down on a burger or drink a glass of milk. We only have to look at how male chicks are dispatched in the egg industry and meantime millions feed garden birds and tell you how much joy they bring. 

The grindadrap looks horrific and I suppose its a similar idea to what happens in abattoirs but they have walls around them so we don't get to see how our pork chops arrives on our plate.

Like most folk I have a hypocritical view of it as I eat meat, eggs etc and drink milk but am still quite disgusted at the dolphin and whale slaughters where they're herded and beaten/hacked to death.

So as long as I wolf down delicious pork chops with homemade apple sauce I cant really complain.....and I have no Planes on going veggie. 

None at all.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Don't know if that makes it better or worse for you, bud.

At least you don't have to worry about your family sorting their rubbish now, I suppose... :placate:

But think of all that recyclable landfill 😖

We're pretty shit as a species, both to other species and our home.

Just sums it all up I suppose. Your last sentence is exactly where I am. We ARE the plague. Despite all the advancements we've made in so many different ways, as a species, we're just shit as yo say. 

13 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I ordered a new phone today and went in to review my network providers package. I have all the family on my account and noticed my boys (12) bill was higher than mine by quite a bit. His phone bill is in excess of £50 a month. I look into the bill and it appears a company(s) have been sending him texts at £1.25 a pop. Now he thought these were nuisance texts and blocked them. Anyway, after a phone call with network provider it appears they have charged me close to £200 in text charges.

Now after a couple of phone calls I’m entitled to that money back and have submitted my claim for reimbursement as he’s under 16 so can’t sign up to anything like this. Both the network provider and the company charging were quite helpful, in enable me to claim reimbursement after they found out he’s 12.

Seriously how the **** can companies get away with sending you a text and charging you for privilege. 

Companies seem to get away with a lot these days , my biggest crack up is car insurance companies charging for changing details on your policy, rip off.

Салатные палочки

Vodafone late payment fees. I pay my bill every month, usually on pay day along with other bills but I have accrued £10 in late payment fees, which I refuse to pay as in five years as a customer, I have never not paid my bill. 

They can cut me off if they like. It's principles. It's principalities. 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a real bad habit of misplacing/losing things. Keys, wallets being the prime problems.

Anyway after a couple of incidents last week, the wife gets really pissed of with my antics and tells me to go to buy some air tags. Anyway, I take her advice and decide will buy a few and stick on some keys and my wallet. 

They arrive today, when I was out. So the wife tells me they’ve arrived and suggests I’m better putting them on before I loose something. Anyway, currently can’t find two sets of car keys, set of keys and just found my wallet.

I’m an arsehole. The worst of it I’m going to have to ask the wife to track them down as I ain’t managed to locate.

Your obviously doing too much, slow down . 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I have a real bad habit of misplacing/losing things. Keys, wallets being the prime problems.

Anyway after a couple of incidents last week, the wife gets really pissed of with my antics and tells me to go to buy some air tags. Anyway, I take her advice and decide will buy a few and stick on some keys and my wallet. 

They arrive today, when I was out. So the wife tells me they’ve arrived and suggests I’m better putting them on before I loose something. Anyway, currently can’t find two sets of car keys, set of keys and just found my wallet.

I’m an arsehole. The worst of it I’m going to have to ask the wife to track them down as I ain’t managed to locate.

Went out for a few drinks on sunday so to save pocket space I unclipped the house keys and just took those. Fast forward to monday morning and no sign of the house keys, not in my jacket or jeans, spend 20mins looking for them before discovering that I must have drunkenly clipped them back to the car keys so they would be easy to find in the morning!

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Vodafone late payment fees. I pay my bill every month, usually on pay day along with other bills but I have accrued £10 in late payment fees, which I refuse to pay as in five years as a customer, I have never not paid my bill. 

They can cut me off if they like. It's principles. It's principalities. 

I took the principle route with Virgin Mobile when they continued to bill me for 3 months after i'd cancelled my contract, refused to pay and it then took 6 years for that 120 quid to wipe off my credit history, nearly stopping a mortgage application at one point.

There's having principles but there is also being pragmatic as much as it sticks in the throat!

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

I took the principle route with Virgin Mobile when they continued to bill me for 3 months after i'd cancelled my contract, refused to pay and it then took 6 years for that 120 quid to wipe off my credit history, nearly stopping a mortgage application at one point.

There's having principles but there is also being pragmatic as much as it sticks in the throat!

They usually phone chasing payment before cutting you off so I'll wait and explain to them as they have written it off in the past. Today was an online chat and the guy just clearly copied and pasted his reply. 

If I have to pay it I will eventually but not without an argument. I'm leaving Vodafone at the end of my contract anyway. When you think about it, contract phones are a complete rip-off. I've not properly worked it out but I'm convinced I've paid this phone off and then some and I still have £45 a month until June. 

Just heard a new phrase, A helicopter parent, anyone want to tell me what it means.

Some folk wi too much time on their hands, who thinks these things up.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Just heard a new phrase, A helicopter parent, anyone want to tell me what it means.

Some folk wi too much time on their hands, who thinks these things up.

a helicopter parent is one who is takes an overprotective or excessive interet in their childs life. they literaly hover over them while they do things like homework. while they can be good intentioned it would be smothering for the child and can end up with them being entitled little brats as they will have not had consequences for their actions as the parent would blame everyone else for their kid say stealing a mars bar

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

a helicopter parent is one who is takes an overprotective or excessive interet in their childs life. they literaly hover over them while they do things like homework. while they can be good intentioned it would be smothering for the child and can end up with them being entitled little brats as they will have not had consequences for their actions as the parent would blame everyone else for their kid say stealing a mars bar

Cheers bud, 😀.

Brother in Port Seton given appointment for flu jab at Ingliston. He phoned and asked for somewhere closer to home and they offered Addiewell, S Queensferry, North Berwick and finally Musselburgh which he accepted.

34 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Brother in Port Seton given appointment for flu jab at Ingliston. He phoned and asked for somewhere closer to home and they offered Addiewell, S Queensferry, North Berwick and finally Musselburgh which he accepted.

my parents who are in port seton got appointments for ingliston, i found the link for them to log into and change their appointment. it took them a couple of days to find two free appointments but got one at the hospital in haddington (cant remember its name)

23 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Is there no drop in places to just go and get it without an appointment I done that with Pennywell I was meant to be Bathgate but live closer to Pennywell and was easier turning up with no appointment in and out within seconds. 

There's a roundabout on the way put of the local supermarket and the amount of people not indicating is terrible.  Never usually get angry when driving, but this does my head in.  

15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There's a roundabout on the way put of the local supermarket and the amount of people not indicating is terrible.  Never usually get angry when driving, but this does my head in.  

Their driving test was years ago, just laziness, bad driving, i sometimes wonder if some folk are actually

awake when driving.

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Their driving test was years ago, just laziness, bad driving, i sometimes wonder if some folk are actually

awake when driving.

It isn't just one or two.  They've got tbe cheek to give dirty looks because you have to hesitate waiting to see which way they are going.  

Im a relatively new driver so you night be right on them doing their test years ago.  

32 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There's also a special breed of people who know where their indicators are, but indicate right when they're coming off a roundabout.  What's that nonsense all about?

6 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

There's also a special breed of people who know where their indicators are, but indicate right when they're coming off a roundabout.  What's that nonsense all about?

I'm sure some just doing because they like annoying people on the road.  Get a better hobby than that.  It's always some old guy who looks like he licks nettles.  

On 23/09/2021 at 09:23, milky_26 said:

It also makes the children lack any decent ability to make decisions and take risks . It Makes them less resilient in adult life 

47 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

There is similar problem near like this . Really annoys me when people didn’t indicate 

A few weeks ago the CeC started work on resurfacing Forbes Road up at Bruntsfield. They stripped one side of the road then work stopped. I had a Dr's appointment at Bruntsfield Medical Practice in Forbes Rd at 08:30 hours this morning. I approached the opening from Bruntsfield Pl and was faced with half of the entrance barricaded off; see pic which indicates what barriers weren't in place. I got about 20 yards down the road to be confronted with a fleet of road surfacing vehicles and a vehicle removal truck which were blocking the road ahead. There were 2/3 other cars behind me at this point. Cut a long story short I parked in the GPs car park. I walked back to the top of the road and found there were now 4 barriers in place blocking off the road completely! As I approached I noticed that the road crew had managed to put the Road Closed notice on the wrong side of the barriers see 2nd pic. I told one of the crew and they sorted it out. How difficult a job is it?

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

A few weeks ago the CeC started work on resurfacing Forbes Road up at Bruntsfield. They stripped one side of the road then work stopped. I had a Dr's appointment at Bruntsfield Medical Practice in Forbes Rd at 08:30 hours this morning. I approached the opening from Bruntsfield Pl and was faced with half of the entrance barricaded off; see pic which indicates what barriers weren't in place. I got about 20 yards down the road to be confronted with a fleet of road surfacing vehicles and a vehicle removal truck which were blocking the road ahead. There were 2/3 other cars behind me at this point. Cut a long story short I parked in the GPs car park. I walked back to the top of the road and found there were now 4 barriers in place blocking off the road completely! As I approached I noticed that the road crew had managed to put the Road Closed notice on the wrong side of the barriers see 2nd pic. I told one of the crew and they sorted it out. How difficult a job is it?

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

The most interesting thing here is

How the **** did you get a Doctors appointment ? 

I thought the lesser spotted GP was extinct 😒

On 24/09/2021 at 16:37, Sooperstar said:

Cars telling you what gear you should be in. 

Yeah.  Also making sure you're positioned correctly on the road (lane assist), telling you that the vehicle in front has driven off, and getting upset if you take both hands off the wheel.  FFS - that's what wives are for!

Byyy The Light
On 24/09/2021 at 16:37, Sooperstar said:

Cars telling you what gear you should be in. 

Just machines or appliances generally. My washing machine goes on beeping for ages to tell you it’s finished. I’ll empty it when I can be arsed. A couple of beeps is enough.

Same goes for the arsehole microwave.

Industries that refuse to digitalise their ways of working, at work I can use electronic signatures to sign contracts worth tens of millions of pounds yet the process of buying or selling a house still has solicitors insisting on hard copy signatures for absolutely everything, same with the mortgage application, bank only sends online statements but requires a posted statement for the application. 

Dennis Reynolds

Can't find my cars service log book. Haven't had a need for it since my last service so I'm blaming Arnold Clark. 

As Ribble says, it's 2021, stamps in a book seems very outdated.

35 minutes ago, LMc said:

Can't find my cars service log book. Haven't had a need for it since my last service so I'm blaming Arnold Clark. 

All stored on the key for my car. I'd prefer stamps in a book to be honest, or at least the option of having that in addition to the key data.

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Aye, they started electronic log books in 2017

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

pissing down again, soaked again, need a move to spain. need warm sun.

Apart from it not getting dark earlier, it already feels like the clocks have went back.  

18 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Apart from it not getting dark earlier, it already feels like the clocks have went back.  

was really dark at 7am this morning , 

A Boy Named Crow
On 30/09/2021 at 15:57, Harry Potter said:

pissing down again, soaked again, need a move to spain. need warm sun.

It's cold and pishing doon in Sydney today,  I reckon cracking weather is a myth, a global scam!

Had a nice easy 4 hour shift planned for today that hopefully wouldn’t last that long. 
Just had a phone call and someone is ill so my day has become 

Pick hire car up in Edinburgh.

Swap hire car for van in Livingston.

Drive to Glasgow, sit around for two hours then load van.

Drive van back to Edinburgh and unload it.

Drop van off in Livingston and swap for hire car.

Drive back to Edinburgh and drop off hire car. 
So my 4 hours is now closer to 10. Not chuffed. 

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

You should move to Brisbane, mate...

😉

It's a trade off innit. Does one desire all round heat more than one desires to be far from bogans? 🙄

Harry Potter

😉

Im a bag o nerves going to Majorca, 😬go to Brisbane😵.

😉

There speaks a man who’s never been in a “proper” Brisbane rainstorm. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

This is true. The sun shone for the whole time we were there. 

Loved the city, especially down by the river. 

The heaviest rain I’ve experienced in my life was in Brisbane. Literally rivers running down the hills into town and shooting up 6’ out of drains. 

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fair point. Mind you Sydney is farther south east than Brisbane.....

Aye,  but down here it's all round the other way isn't it,  so really Sydney is further north... if you think about it... after a few wines

Recorded a Blondie concert from 1979 from BBC4 a couple of weeks ago and have been saving it to watch. And tonight was that night. 
It’s shite! 
Dreadful sound, dreadful musicianship, no energy to the gig at all. Debbie Harry’s voice is good but that about where it stops.