The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

On 09/09/2021 at 11:15, Ribble said:

On the flip side are the newer SUV's that have million lumen LED bloody floodlights instead of normal headlights

I did 200 miles last night with a bit of a headache, if I ever do go postal it'll be because of those ****ing things.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Once the inhabitants of Danderhall evolve into homo erectus and can actually look up at the sky without too much difficulty, then we can talk, Ian.

Bit offensive mate.

I’m off to clobber a woman over the head with my club and drag her off to my cave. 😁

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

Etc.

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

Penicuik Facebook page erupts at the sound and/or sight of a helicopter....

....despite everyone knowing there's an army base right on the outskirts.

26 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Oddly enough, some goon posted a few weeks back asking if anyone knew why there was a chinook flying over Penicuik.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I did 200 miles last night with a bit of a headache, if I ever do go postal it'll be because of those ****ing things.

Got SUV bud, U?

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Do some of the pubs in pennycuik still have signs up saying no squaddies? 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No, my penis is satisfactory

Good luck doing the school run in your penis.

There's a register for folk like you.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hey it's adequate, not spectacular!

15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

is that where women who are unsatisfied look for adequate encounters?

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

is that where women who are unsatisfied look for adequate encounters?

That's the one.

I've 2 free invites to dish out this month, so if you think you qualify drop me a PM.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Do some of the pubs in pennycuik still have signs up saying no squaddies? 

Don't think so.

But then can't remember the last time I drank in Penicuik. 

Probably couldn't pay me to.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

What’s an Ice cream van?

It's that big colourful vehicle that  goes go newton village because it knows theyll not want tick.

21 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Don't think so.

But then can't remember the last time I drank in Penicuik. 

Probably couldn't pay me to.

Had them in the early 80's.  I think the barracks must advice them to avoid it due to jealous local guys always starting with them...

I think they also don't go into the pubs in colinton village but can't see locals starting bother there.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Had them in the early 80's.  I think the barracks must advice them to avoid it due to jealous local guys always starting with them...

I think they also don't go into the pubs in colinton village but can't see locals starting bother there.

There was regular paggering with squaddies downstairs in the Colinton Inn in the early 90's. 

A couple of seasoned pool hustlers used to relieve them of their earnings, and they generally weren't too keen on this.

It was hedonistic wee shop for a while, and had a decent sized young crowd from Oxgangs, and the likes.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

There was regular paggering with squaddies downstairs in the Colinton Inn in the early 90's. 

A couple of seasoned pool hustlers used to relieve them of their earnings, and they generally weren't too keen on this.

It was hedonistic wee shop for a while, and had a decent sized young crowd from Oxgangs, and the likes.

They are no angels.  Used to see them getting guzzling buckfast on Friday tea time on their way to weekend leave. 

I think pennycuik it was probably a two way street, but I heard local guys used to get a bit annoyed at the lassies preferring them and start things.  

Schemies v squaddies, whose your money on? 

32 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

They are no angels.  Used to see them getting guzzling buckfast on Friday tea time on their way to weekend leave. 

I think pennycuik it was probably a two way street, but I heard local guys used to get a bit annoyed at the lassies preferring them and start things.  

Well most squaddies are schemies who've been trained so it's a win for them. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I completely agree.  I can talk about the ones I've met but they can be hard work socially.  I include the majority of ex squaddies in that, though mostly ones who only done a relatively short stint. 

Might be age, but I get nervous if they are in a pub that I'm in.  

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I think this must happen in any area where there's a military base. I used to see a lot of it when I was in the RAF. Pretty sure most ex military on here would have seen this as well.

Just now, superjack said:

I think this must happen in any area where there's a military base. I used to see a lot of it when I was in the RAF. Pretty sure most ex military on here would have seen this as well.

Schemie tribalism in action.  Thank god I wasn't that stupid to take on a squaddie.  I suppose the schemies are never on their own or even numbers. 

Bad crack for guys just on a night out.  

Blame the Barack boosters as well...

That's what they called the lassies who hung about the barracks wanting better...

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I completely agree.  I can talk about the ones I've met but they can be hard work socially.  I include the majority of ex squaddies in that, though mostly ones who only done a relatively short stint. 

Might be age, but I get nervous if they are in a pub that I'm in.  

Enough of the squaddie dissing ! Someone close to me is a former one 😂😎😎 

46DAC548-3F3F-4F2D-A41F-CEE4F6A2B534.gif

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Not dissed them all. Is he big and can he fight?  If yes, salt of the earth.

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

My dad was 15 years in the Seaforth Highlanders. 

46 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not dissed them all. Is he big and can he fight?  If yes, salt of the earth.

I know . Only having a joke 👍. Oh yeah he’s big 💪and he puts up with me so must be hard 🤪

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A0E76B4A-C82F-4558-93D6-365859526163.gif

*******!  I'm only saying no comment because I don't know how to post memes.  

You took your time with that.  Dissapointed again! 

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

*******!  I'm only saying no comment because I don't know how to post memes.  

You took your time with that.  Dissapointed again! 

Lol

just go to the “ add files “ attachment tab at the bottom of these boxes ? 

oh I’m busy watching a film 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Do they eat them, or is this 'sport'?

tradition, but all the dead dolphins are distributed to the residents for food and anything else they can use them for

5 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

There was a big scrap between locals and squaddies in The Goodies recently. Apparently the locals had the squaddies fleeing the pub.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

There was a big scrap between locals and squaddies in The Goodies recently. Apparently the locals had the squaddies fleeing the pub.

I used to cycle through it after going to tbe supermarket behind it and saw some sights.  Some of the women were a bit dodgy look wise.  They must've got their wives through pen pals and never what they were getting.   I know a guy done work in the scheme and he agreed.  I couldn't do as I'd get battered.  You'd chap the door and ask to see the wife not realising that was the wife.  They were RAF  rough as...  

Good that locals aren't intimidated by them as some can play on it. 

9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Do they eat them, or is this 'sport'?

9 hours ago, milky_26 said:

tradition, but all the dead dolphins are distributed to the residents for food and anything else they can use them for

There’s a video kicking about that shows this “tradition”taking place . The sounds of the dolphins and whales , many of whom are with young , is horrendous . 
It’s a bizzare way for us to be protecting the planet ! 

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

That was the England v Scotland game at the Euros. 3 Rifles based at Dreghorn.

The police were picking up casualties scurrying back up the road.

No doubt that the squaddies are more than a match for the local young team, but it's the entire pub they end up fighting.

48 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

4.5 billion animals have been slaughtered for food in the UK this year alone, every single one of which will have gone through an horrendous experience. 

What's the big fuss about 1,400 dolphins?

Domesticated animals bred for food as opposed to wild animals ?

Any animal in the UK food chain should be treated with the utmost care right up to the point of their dispatch , anyone found to not be doing this should find the whole weight of the law thrown at them . 

terrified animals being driven into a bay to then be killed with tools that in all likely hood won’t kill them with one blow , I’m not sure it’s humane , do you ? 

57 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

There’s a video kicking about that shows this “tradition”taking place . The sounds of the dolphins and whales , many of whom are with young , is horrendous . 

the tradition dates back to the 900s i think. also i believe the number they normally kill is under 50

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Domesticated animals bred for food as opposed to wild animals ?

Any animal in the UK food chain should be treated with the utmost care right up to the point of their dispatch , anyone found to not be doing this should find the whole weight of the law thrown at them . 

terrified animals being driven into a bay to then be killed with tools that in all likely hood won’t kill them with one blow , I’m not sure it’s humane , do you ? 

I'm not sure killing anything is humane unless it's to ease suffering. I definitely don't think animals bred for food are treated in a humane manner...which I guess was his point.

Edited by Taffin

Dagger Is Back
59 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I couldn’t have watched that. Turns my stomach to see then turning it into sone thing like a family trip to the cinema.

The suffering mental and physical that these poor creatures go through must be horrific.

Dagger Is Back

My family who refuse to separate trash into recyclable and general waste.

Has all my OCD lights flashing like Blackpool Tower. 

Ignorant lazy sods

Spitonastranger
59 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

4.5 billion animals have been slaughtered for food in the UK this year alone, every single one of which will have gone through an horrendous experience. 

What's the big fuss about 1,400 dolphins?

cognative dissonance 

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

cognative dissonance 

yep, just look at the british reaction to places like china eating cats and dogs, or the horsemeat scandal a few years ago. it is no different to (assuming the killing is done as humane as possible - that is another debate) us eating chicken or beef. the thing you can point to is we see cats, dogs and horses as pets so see them differently to cows and chickens.

as barneybattles says it is a hypocritical viewpoint but that seems to be human nature. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Not sure how true it is, but had a colleague a while back who had been told that most of the recycling stuff ends up in landfill anyway.

i know that used to be true and it might still be. one thing that does affect it is the macbines that sort the recyling sometimes cannot distinguish between different colours of plastic. they also cannot tell the difference between crushed and uncrushed cans meaning those people who think crushing cans is helping might not be