The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tesco with their club card prices. I have a club card but don't always remember to take it everywhere I go. Sometimes you pass a Tesco and decide to get something you really need. You spot something on offer and then notice you need to have the card with you to get the reduction. 

Download the app 😁

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Download the app 😁

Sometimes I forget my phone too😁

37 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You can get a key fob mini  clubcard. Or keep your receipt and go to customer services the next time you’re in (assuming you didn’t forget your clubcard, phone and keys on that occasion😂). 

By that time he's paid full price. I don't think he's as fussed about the points

7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tesco with their club card prices. I have a club card but don't always remember to take it everywhere I go. Sometimes you pass a Tesco and decide to get something you really need. You spot something on offer and then notice you need to have the card with you to get the reduction. 

I always have my Clubcard on me :verysmug:

Governor Tarkin
On 04/09/2021 at 14:53, Tazio said:

I discovered yesterday that a co-worker was being a clipe during lockdown last year when we were on furlough and a redundancy process was going on. On the phone regularly to senior management giving opinions on who should be made redundant and making recommendations that some roles could be made part time, and of course bigging up his own position. This behaviour also included telling them there was a WhatsApp group and reporting on what was being said in it. Luckily for him he’s since left for another job or I’d be having a word with him. All the while lying to the rest of us and pretending he was “ one of the lads”. Utterly disgusting behaviour and the sign of a total self centred *****. 

What a dick.

By 'having a word with' I hope you mean 'boot in the stanes'.

On 01/09/2021 at 14:46, LMc said:

Bought a multipack of wispa gold's that turned out to be original wispas. :jjockio:

This made me laugh. I'm not really a 'seether' but something silly like this would have me going. Its the unimportance of it whilst still be so annoying and wondering how it could happen 😂😂 

I'm assuming it was normal wispas in the wrong pack and you didn't just pick up the wrong pack?

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Folk who go looking for fights in a 5-a-side match. Unless someone has tried to properly injure you, you need to understand that a wee bit of physicality is part of football. To see guys in their 40s squaring up or looking for a fight because of a bad pass or a hard challenge is fecking pathetic. 

Mind you some tackles are brutal. 

Dennis Reynolds
26 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This made me laugh. I'm not really a 'seether' but something silly like this would have me going. Its the unimportance of it whilst still be so annoying and wondering how it could happen 😂😂 

I'm assuming it was normal wispas in the wrong pack and you didn't just pick up the wrong pack?

😅

In the wrong pack aye. Even the individual ones were wrapped as Golds. Gave myself hope that it would just be one.... Or two... Maybe three... But no. So it was also a build up of seethe over a few days 🤣 

Sent the wife out to get me a proper one though which I enjoyed a few days later so all's well that ends well!

1 minute ago, LMc said:

😅

In the wrong pack aye. Even the individual ones were wrapped as Golds. Gave myself hope that it would just be one.... Or two... Maybe three... But no. So it was also a build up of seethe over a few days 🤣 

Sent the wife out to get me a proper one though which I enjoyed a few days later so all's well that ends well!

That's even better. The disappointment doesn't strike until you're expecting the caramel goodness 🤣😡 

I'd have been fuming.

2 hours ago, LMc said:

😅

You should send in a complaint to the manufacturer, they’ll maybe send you a big box of freebies as an apology 😀

Edited by buzz

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Thanks to this thread I now have to go to Tesco and buy some wispas!

Same when I read about food and drinks in novels, often end up craving whatever is being written about.

There’s a long description in The Pigeon by Patrick Suskind if the main character sitting in a park eating his lunch of fresh bread and sardines in oil that does that. And I don’t even like sardines but it’s so beautifully written. 

43 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Was crossing the new bridge yesterday at about 0700. Visibility down to about 10 metres. Most punters without fog lights on.

clueless, beyond me bud, just asking for someone to hit you in the rear.

default_ooh_matron2.png

Edited by Harry Potter

On 08/09/2021 at 08:57, Lord BJ said:

I ****ing hate that advert. Whoever, thought that was a good idea should be fired immediately. That person is genuinely in a job they should not be doing.

Couldn’t stand her brand of comedy in the first place but now to have her screeching tones preaching with the eloquence of mentally challenged junkie, does not please me.

Reading about that the other day as she got paid 15k to do it seemingly 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Folk with no driving lights on, this was at 06-50 😮:jj_facepalm:

On the flip side are the newer SUV's that have million lumen LED bloody floodlights instead of normal headlights

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Building developers and thier arrogance .

We just sold our flat and were looking at new builds and agree with the above, couldn't grasp why we wouldn't want to wait over a year for one of the shiny new homes

Horatio Caine

I ****ing hate that advert. Whoever, thought that was a good idea should be fired immediately. That person is genuinely in a job they should not be doing.

Couldn’t stand her brand of comedy in the first place but now to have her screeching tones preaching with the eloquence of mentally challenged junkie, does not please me.

Aye, apparently she's going to make people laugh - every day - for 10 days.  I wonder who these people are?

Салатные палочки
33 minutes ago, Ribble said:

On the flip side are the newer SUV's that have million lumen LED bloody floodlights instead of normal headlights

I hate those LED lights. I'll be surprised if they don't cause accidents by blinding drivers coming the other way. 

27 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Aye, apparently she's going to make people laugh - every day - for 10 days.  I wonder who these people are?

She is as funny as piles ! Uses vulgarity and crude language in her “jokes “ . She’s been quite rightly shot down on Twitter due to previous tweets of a offensive nature . She’s just offensive , tacky and worse of all deeply unfunny 

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I hate those LED lights. I'll be surprised if they don't cause accidents by blinding drivers coming the other way. 

I was coming back into Edinburgh last night from the Queensferry crossing, going downhill towards Miller & Carter at Crammond Brig, the VW Toureg behind me had them and I couldn't see anything other than blinding white light in both me rear view and drivers side mirror's, I get that bright lights are good but they need to be directed much lower to the road on these SUV's, it's like VW have taken the lights out of a hatchback and just stuck them into the SUV without noticing that the SUV is 2 foot higher from the ground

47 minutes ago, Ribble said:

As long as they remember to put them on. thats never a certainty, i just dont get it, you want other folk to see you.

Mind you thats common sense.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I was coming back into Edinburgh last night from the Queensferry crossing, going downhill towards Miller & Carter at Crammond Brig, the VW Toureg behind me had them and I couldn't see anything other than blinding white light in both me rear view and drivers side mirror's, I get that bright lights are good but they need to be directed much lower to the road on these SUV's, it's like VW have taken the lights out of a hatchback and just stuck them into the SUV without noticing that the SUV is 2 foot higher from the ground

LED is nowhere near as directional as conventional light sources we're used to as it's the lens that does the work of controlling and shaping the beam, as opposed to old school lights where it was the reflector. Basically the technology isn't quite there yet but the car makers are doing it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

LED is nowhere near as directional as conventional light sources we're used to as it's the lens that does the work of controlling and shaping the beam, as opposed to old school lights where it was the reflector. Basically the technology isn't quite there yet but the car makers are doing it anyway.

Does that mean they aren't adjustable? Like my older car has a dial to change the direction based on how many people in the car/load etc

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Does that mean they aren't adjustable? Like my older car has a dial to change the direction based on how many people in the car/load etc

They will be able to adjust the LED "bulb" itself but the natural characteristic of a single source LED is you can make a narrow aimed beam but there is a lot of flare around it as well. As an example I've got a pretty top end front light on my bike, when I'm on the cycle path at night I can point to so it's lighting the path in front of me for quite a distance but it will also light the trees either side of the path at about a quarter of the brightness of the tight spot area. Great if I'm on a country road late at night but not so good if anyone comes towards you. To such an extent decent bike lights have a function to quickly cut the power right back so you don't dazzle people. The LED lights I use in my job to light a stage are a lot better but I don't think people would be too happy at paying hundreds of pounds to replace a light if it went. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Izzat why, if you look away a little from a set of these modern headlights, you kind of see a blue halo just off centre? Sometimes think its an emergency services vehicle when seen from a distance. Or are my eyes just not fit for driving?

A lot of the blueish ones are discharge lamps or early LEDs. All lights have different colour temperatures, measured in Kelvin. Basically the higher the colour temperature the colder a white you get, so halogen lights are around 3000k, daylight simulation bulbs are round 6500k and have a blue tinge. Thats why when LED and compact fluorescent lights for the home first appeared a lot of the time they were very harsh or cold looking as they were still working on getting them to look like the tungsten bulbs we were used to. A colder light is more effective at lighting things but less pleasant to our eyes. So when you are buying bulbs for the house the packaging will have. description like warm white or cool white on the packaging alongside the K number.  Lower temperature lights for areas like a living room where you want to relax, higher for real like. kitchen or an office where you want bright clear light.

Christ, my job means I have the most interesting facts.

The Hogfather

She's a thoroughly unpleasant person too, in particular her behaviour on social media is particularly abhorrent. She likes to lead pile ons of people who either disagree with her or admit to not being that enamoured with her brand of "comedy". That, coupled with her attitude towards those with a disability, shows her true colours.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

I've got full LED's in my Skoda Kodiaq and they're awesome. They automatically adjust and also vary depending on your speed. I wouldn't accept them if they were lower on the road as they wouldn't be sufficient for driving with then. I've only been flashed once in 4 years by a clown that thought I had the full beam on and that was because we were facing at an angle on a hill that made it look like that. He also blinded me but I wasn't daft enough to think he had his blinders on.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's the problem, though. Unless you live on the plains of Iowa or whatever, undulating roads and cars with different ride heights are going to mean you are blinding people unintentionally. Not a dig at you, but the designers of such lights (and those who approve/authorise the designs) prove that selfishness on the road trumps everyone just getting where they need to get to safely.

You're not understanding. His ordinary Victorian era headlights also blinded me. He was only blinded by the angle, as was I. Nothing to do with any LED's.

All roads lead to Gorgie
On 07/09/2021 at 08:38, BarneyBattles said:

Fair point. Demand a refund then take hostages and barricade himself in if they refuse then. 

That's what I have been doing since I posted about it. That is why no replies from me for a day or two :biggrin:

37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I do understand. There are some occasions where this is inevitable and unavoidable. The Craiglockhart/Glenlockart junction in Edinburgh is particularly 'fun' for this. 

My point was that, more generally, LED headlights (or perhaps their positioning) can often cause vision issues for those who have someone coming towards them with them on even a normal setting (or driving behind them). It's a widely-held view: https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/new-car-headlights-present-unwanted-safety-risk-to-drivers/

Anti glare mirrors are wonderful when people know how to use them.

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My Toyota has an anti-glare rear-view mirror. Brilliant.

Fitting one over the entire windscreen may have adverse effects on my vision beyond the odd bit of glare as a I pass a Kodiaq 😜 

😂 Just close your eyes 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My wife's preferred driving style, judging by the fact she seems to hit trees and bollards every time she gets behind the wheel. Now there's a seethe for this thread. If you have a reversing camera and you still manage to reverse into a tree, shouldn't you just have your licence revoked there and then?

I partially agree. My mother-in-law took down part of her garden wall with a hammer because she kept scraping the car along it. She doesn't understand that the wall was never moving and wasn't to blame. If you can't get out the driveway you've lived with for 50+ years you should just be throwing your keys in the hedge. 

Konrad von Carstein

Making tonights tea,  chopped and prepped potatoes to make paprika spiced chips, got the marinade prepped for the chicken thighs all ready to go.

Opened the chicken and 🤢

Expiry date 12th of September.

Ragin' :lol:

25 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Making tonights tea,  chopped and prepped potatoes to make paprika spiced chips, got the marinade prepped for the chicken thighs all ready to go.

Opened the chicken and 🤢

Expiry date 12th of September.

Ragin' :lol:

why are you ragin'? the 12th is this coming sunday

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

why are you ragin'? the 12th is this coming sunday

👀

Because this is the 9th...and it was rancid. 🙄

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Fake news.

We all know that Konnie spends his weeknights eating Pot Noodles and ensuring Sturgeon's Wikipedia page is safe from harm. ;) 

*looks for hidden cameras*

That's a lie,  this weekend I am mostly doing a test run of a beef massaman curry,  from scratch,  no jars of paste, as we are having friends over soon (stop laughing I do have friends :().

Where to start today in a city the charlatans at the CeC (main culprits McVey and McInnes) call a 7 day city!

Sunday lunchtime KO - horrendous for trying to use public transport unless you leave so early you could fit in breakfast.

Arriving at Tynecastle and attempt to enter the Wheatfield via the Gorgie Road end; something I have done very often and did for the Aberdeen game only to be told you can't  despite there being next to no one using the left hand set of turnstiles. So then I go to the Weheatfield entrance where the queue is doubled back from the bowling green corner!

After the game I decide to walk to Morrison St rather than get a bus and just as well I did. I'm in my 70s and not a fast walker but not one bus passed me on my 25 minute stroll - does anyone remember the days they used to put on extra buses on match days?

Had a couple of beer sin Thomson's and at 15:45 asked the barman to call me a taxi which he did. Stood waiting for 20 minutes until I gave up and walked to Lothian Road to get a 24 bus. Only stroke of luck today I got a 24 right away and eventually got home.

On 30/08/2021 at 16:52, luckyBatistuta said:

Marchmont. I’ve used them plenty times in the past and they were alright. The lad that used to run it went off to the Blackhall branch, he knew how to treat his customers, great at his job. 

Horrible branch 

Went in with one knackered tire, had to get 3 new ones! And they damaged my exhaust to the extent it was trailing on the ground and conveniently didn’t tell me! Cowboys!

(never using that one againC but would go corstorphine) 

ideally though I’m never setting foot in a farmers

ps) sorry for the late quote, not read the thread for a bit 

Just before a teams meeting I'm in just now my broadband has dropped out. I hope I don't not have a data limit on my works phone as I am tethering to it

On 09/09/2021 at 12:27, jonesy said:

Izzat why, if you look away a little from a set of these modern headlights, you kind of see a blue halo just off centre? Sometimes think its an emergency services vehicle when seen from a distance. Or are my eyes just not fit for driving?

I see the blue halo and mistaken it for emergency services now and again.

I've not had the issue with them blinding me in my rear view mirror before though. If people haven't already, I'd advocate making sure you have the anti-glare on your mirror switched on. It really does make a difference

Air pressure light comes on in car dash board car picture showing its the driver rear was not soft or deflated I have pumped it up still on drove it for about 5 miles on lunch still not dropping off pain in the arse. Checked a few websites and youtube videos Kia seem to have a few issues with this.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

Jamie has kids with names like ‘Low Energy Lightbulb’ and ‘Fortnightly Bin Collection’.

:vrface:

In July 2000, Oliver married former model and writer Juliette Norton, usually known as "Jools". They have five children. Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010) & River Rocket Blue Dallas (born 8 August 2016).

Wow.

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

In July 2000, Oliver married former model and writer Juliette Norton, usually known as "Jools". They have five children. Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003), Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009), Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010) & River Rocket Blue Dallas (born 8 August 2016).

Wow.

:cornette:

Imagine if he has a 6th child and calls it Turkey Twizzler Tommy !    😂

Why do people on social media get all over excited, every time they see a helicopter?

“Just saw a helicopter fly over Dalkeith. What’s going on?”

”Just saw a helicopter fly over Arthur Seat. What’s going on?”

Etc.

Helicopters are meant to be in the sky, you ****** tool. You don’t see people posting when they see a plane flying overhead.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

Correct, jonesy.

Flying machines equate to dark sorcery in those gap toothed, pointy hat, hick towns.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I’d imagine that, in Dalkeith at least, the sight of a giant metal whirring bird probably results in the locals trying to down it with rocks.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct, jonesy.

Flying machines equate to dark sorcery in those gap toothed, pointy hat, hick towns.

I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’m from Danderhall. So do I fall into this category? :lol:

Is your profile pic' an actual photo' of you?

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Governor Tarkin