• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

i think that’s part of the issue. If prescribed medically it’s not same as someone using it to get high. 

Our tolerance to things, including thc, builds very quickly so what may get you high (once in while user) might do little more than relieve pain for medical user (thc prescribed daily), they by default develop a tolerance. 

Totally agree with you, no one should be driving ‘high’. It’s not just that straight forward nowadays. 

My daughter has underlying medical condition and she has had a few problems lately. She was prescribed morphine to help with pain, there has been a discussion around whether medical marijuana might be a solution. Her condition is rare and complicated but they feel might be less harsh, help with inflammation amongst pain relief, she’s ****ing 14. 

I doubt she will ever pass a drug test 😞

Deciding between heroin or pot for my daughter😂

Either sounds like a fair swap....

This was funny in my head, apologies if it causes offence.

Wood pigeons.

Every.

Single. 

Day.....I slow down for these dumb feckin birds at the start of my morning commute.

Any other bird is off long before I get near with my car but these arseholes just amble about in the middle of the street with not a care in the world. They could do this on the pavement, the house gardens, the trees but no....middle of the road, waddling about looking for god knows what like an American tourist in town during the fringe.

I'm done slowing for them now. My commute will now play a significant role in their evolution in Penicuik. They'll need to be more aware and quicker off the block otherwise I'm running these pricks over.

And I don't care about my car. I'm happy to leave their skull imprints and feathers stuck to the front of my motor like some sort of Aves Mad Max.

Governor Tarkin
On 25/08/2021 at 14:50, Lord BJ said:

I repeat in no way am I promoting anyone driving ‘high’.

I've never drunk driven, but would occasionally drive home from the bursds after a couple of spliffs back in the '90s.

I mind crawling up Wardlaw Place at about 5mph in a blizzard and could've sworn that I was in the Millennium Falcon jumping to hyperspace. 

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Wood pigeons.

Every.

Single. 

Day.....I slow down for these dumb feckin birds at the start of my morning commute.

Any other bird is off long before I get near with my car but these arseholes just amble about in the middle of the street with not a care in the world. They could do this on the pavement, the house gardens, the trees but no....middle of the road, waddling about looking for god knows what like an American tourist in town during the fringe.

I'm done slowing for them now. My commute will now play a significant role in their evolution in Penicuik. They'll need to be more aware and quicker off the block otherwise I'm running these pricks over.

And I don't care about my car. I'm happy to leave their skull imprints and feathers stuck to the front of my motor like some sort of Aves Mad Max.

:laugh: Never a truer set of words put down. 

On a related matter, are regular street pigeons dying out, I barely see any these days!?

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

:laugh: Never a truer set of words put down. 

On a related matter, are regular street pigeons dying out, I barely see any these days!?

Onviously, Der Kaiser isn’t the only one getting pissed off with them :lol:

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Onviously, Der Kaiser isn’t the only one getting pissed off with them :lol:

😆 Yes, I pretty much have an encounter with one everyday, and do my best. :th_o:

luckyBatistuta

Farmers…

Normally use National tyres, who help me out a lot. Had to use Farmers today. Phoned them up and they said to bring it down now and they’d replace the tyre. Old guy came in with a camper van as I arrived and was told they were really busy and not sure they could do it. He’s away happy about an hour ago😤 Another 4/5 folks been in and gone too and I’m still sitting waiting😡One guy just came in 15 minutes ago, new tyre on and he’s away🤬After an hour and a half the guy just came through and says I’ve found your puncture, but the tyre isn’t worth fixing. I ####ing told him I wanted a new tyre when I arrived🤯 ####ing useless #####, won’t be getting any money off me again🤬🤬🤬

20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Farmers…

Normally use National tyres, who help me out a lot. Had to use Farmers today. Phoned them up and they said to bring it down now and they’d replace the tyre. Old guy came in with a camper van as I arrived and was told they were really busy and not sure they could do it. He’s away happy about an hour ago😤 Another 4/5 folks been in and gone too and I’m still sitting waiting😡One guy just came in 15 minutes ago, new tyre on and he’s away🤬After an hour and a half the guy just came through and says I’ve found your puncture, but the tyre isn’t worth fixing. I ####ing told him I wanted a new tyre when I arrived🤯 ####ing useless #####, won’t be getting any money off me again🤬🤬🤬

Which branch was this? I’ve used the Corstorphine branch a few times and they’ve always been sound.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Which branch was this? I’ve used the Corstorphine branch a few times and they’ve always been sound.

Marchmont. I’ve used them plenty times in the past and they were alright. The lad that used to run it went off to the Blackhall branch, he knew how to treat his customers, great at his job. 

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’ve used that once when I was over that side of town and stuck. The guy in charge was a diamond, couldn’t have been more helpful.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve used that once when I was over that side of town and stuck. The guy in charge was a diamond, couldn’t have been more helpful.

Was that the old guy? He’s been brilliant any time I’ve went in. He really knows his stuff.

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Was that the old guy? He’s been brilliant any time I’ve went in. He really knows his stuff.

The very man, really nice guy and as you say, he knows his stuff 

23 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Wood pigeons.

Every.

Single. 

I never hit one with my car today. 

I didnt slow down either.

Pretty sure one of them is telling his pals how close he came to dying today though.

Dagger Is Back

The demise of mirror, signal, manoeuvre. These days some folks, usually driving a Discovery or some bollocks like that, simply jump to stage 2 of the process.

See it regularly just after the roundabout on Calder Road heading down on to the M8. Morons sitting in the second lane, heading down the slip road to the M8, thinking they just have to indicate and force the drivers driving correctly in the inside lane to take evasive action.

Cockwombles the lot of them 

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Fake news.

Discoveries, like BMWs, Mercs and Lexuses, don't come with indicators.

i paid extra to get indicators on my beemer

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i paid extra to get indicators on my beemer

And I always thought you were one of the sensible ones on here☹️

19 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And I always thought you were one of the sensible ones on here☹️

at least i dont do u turns when i feel like it

19 hours ago, jonesy said:

Somewhere in Munich there is a warehouse full to the brim of BMW indicator bulbs.

nope, they know they rarely need them so only custom build them. no point in paying for storage for an item that is rarely used

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Variable speed limits on and around the Queensferry Crossing appear solely designed to create congestion on the approach to and on the bridge. Huge empty spaces southbound beyond the bridge.

And I might have got flashed by the speed camera doing 65 past a 50 sign on the aforementioned bridge approach yesterday. Ach well, first 3 points for 20 years.

Was it one of the long, thin cameras? If so then they are still in testing. Have been for a few years, so they flash but no fines are issued.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

at least i dont do u turns when i feel like it

3 point turn for you milky😁...just remember to indicate first🤣

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, looked wider than the usual style of camera.

Mounted on the left side of the gantry, at the side of the signs that show the variable speed limit? Found this undated article online: https://www.safetycameras.gov.scot/news-publications/news/hadecs-camera-testing-underway/

Would be a relief if they are still in testing and not issuing fines (as well as a lesson learned!). 

Yeah, 100% still in testing. You can check the location of active cameras on the traffic scotland website. Also tells you the location of any mobile cameras.

21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Somewhere in Munich there is a warehouse full to the brim of BMW indicator bulbs.

It's true that a known fault with some BMW's is the wiring on the rear indicators, the connector burns out fairly often so those BMW drivers not indicating are actually  just being cautions and preventing an electrical fire in their car B)

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

3 point turn for you milky😁...just remember to indicate first🤣

naw half a donut, the smell of burning rubber gets me everytime

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

naw half a donut, the smell of burning rubber gets me everytime

🤣 is that not a requirement when you purchase a BM

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Don't think you could ever accuse a taxi driver of stopping at half a donut.

20E44621-49DD-4274-8531-9159EBEB2B3F.gif

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

It's true that a known fault with some BMW's is the wiring on the rear indicators, the connector burns out fairly often so those BMW drivers not indicating are actually  just being cautions and preventing an electrical fire in their car B)

A cautious BMW driver, heard it all now🤣

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A cautious BMW driver, heard it all now🤣

about as common as a taxi driver who takes the most direct route

Edited by milky_26

Can’t get much worse than Zoe Ball talking to Jamie Oliver on the radio , really can’t stand them  😡😡

Can’t get much worse than Zoe Ball talking to Jamie Oliver on the radio , really can’t stand them  😡😡

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Zoe Ball would be working in an office if it wasn't for her dad! Talentless cow!

She's the reason why I have radio 1 breakfast show on in my car. To be fair, greg james is quite good.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

She's the reason why I have radio 1 breakfast show on in my car. To be fair, greg james is quite good.

Greg James is good I like him quite funny and whitty. I do like Dave Berry on absolute in the mornings also.  

Just now, Tazio said:

By the time I managed to get onto the ticket site this morning the derby was sold out. That's genuine seethe.

I remembered at 930 was in a meeting at work totally forgot. 

I discovered yesterday that a co-worker was being a clipe during lockdown last year when we were on furlough and a redundancy process was going on. On the phone regularly to senior management giving opinions on who should be made redundant and making recommendations that some roles could be made part time, and of course bigging up his own position. This behaviour also included telling them there was a WhatsApp group and reporting on what was being said in it. Luckily for him he’s since left for another job or I’d be having a word with him. All the while lying to the rest of us and pretending he was “ one of the lads”. Utterly disgusting behaviour and the sign of a total self centred *****. 

On 02/09/2021 at 08:56, 3fingersreid said:

How about if they phoned James Corden for a song and some patter just as Ainsley Harriot busts into the studio for a bit of a shout?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

How about if they phoned James Corden for a song and some patter just as Ainsley Harriot busts into the studio for a bit of a shout?

Oh just f*#k off 😡😡😡

😂

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

His posts on here bad enough! <_<

:lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Dennis Reynolds

Sat in waiting on an ASDA delivery as I'm currently self isolating (Close contact so just waiting on a negative). Had booked it between 12-4pm as its cheaper and I didn't have much planned anyway believe it or not. Got barely anything in so it was a big shop including all the ingredients for a big Lamb roast for tonight. 5pm comes along and still no show. Phone ASDA to find out apparently the driver couldn't find my street and I should have been contacted.  Order cancelled and no shopping. I am getting a £5 voucher apparently though.

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Sat in waiting on an ASDA delivery as I'm currently self isolating (Close contact so just waiting on a negative). Had booked it between 12-4pm as its cheaper and I didn't have much planned anyway believe it or not. Got barely anything in so it was a big shop including all the ingredients for a big Lamb roast for tonight. 5pm comes along and still no show. Phone ASDA to find out apparently the driver couldn't find my street and I should have been contacted.  Order cancelled and no shopping. I am getting a £5 voucher apparently though.

We need a picture of your compo face :lol: 😁

Me: Do you want anything while I’m in the kitchen?

Wife: No, I’m fine thanks.

Come back through, sit down and open a bar of tablet.

Wife: Give me a bit.

😡😡😡

She does this shit all the time. She could’ve had her own :raging:

On 04/09/2021 at 15:03, Smithee said:

Apparently AH is guest on the shit show tomorrow , you wouldn’t have anything to do with that would you ???

27 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Apparently AH is guest on the shit show tomorrow , you wouldn’t have anything to do with that would you ???

Awful news!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Tesco with their club card prices. I have a club card but don't always remember to take it everywhere I go. Sometimes you pass a Tesco and decide to get something you really need. You spot something on offer and then notice you need to have the card with you to get the reduction.