The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Absolute Radio is the same. They have their 'No repeat guarantee' between 9 and 5, but **** me I've heard 'You're Gorgeous' a hell of a lot the last year and a bit.

The bitnin bold, I know what you're going through, I hear it all the time as well. Never on the radio though.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Virgin anthems on the radio is the same.

I discovered it a couple of years ago after getting totally pissed off with the shite all DJs talk and thought ‘wow. Decent music and virtually no chat’. 

Still not much chat but it’s the same playlist every day. 

I tried bbc6 for a while but couldn’t get into it and I’m too young for BBC4!

Help!

Radio 6 is the only station worth listening too. Especially Gilles Peterson. 

10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Found out I'm Celiac today and I really don't want to be one of those gluten free arseholes.

at least you know and can change your eating habits to suit. Also there is now a lot more GF products at least giving you more choice

Unknown user
13 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Found out I'm Celiac today and I really don't want to be one of those gluten free arseholes.

Ah mate, sorry to hear that, I was under investigation for that for a while and had to completely change my diet to gluten free. Thankfully it was something else.

It's rough, there's gluten in everything and the gluten free stuff is so expensive. But on the plus side it's a better time to be diagnosed just now, at least most supermarkets do have stuff now. But yeah, condolences, anyone who hasn't had to experience a gluten free diet could never understand the challenges and how hard it is to adjust.

13 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Bummer, but at least you know what's wrong, and as someone pointed out, there's a bigger range of GF foods these days. Oh, and you'll qualify for

some free food on prescription. https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-support-and-rights/nhs-services/pharmacy/gluten-free-food-service

Der Kaiser
19 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Gluten free bread and pasta are amazing........

:kirk:

Sooperstar
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Ah mate, sorry to hear that, I was under investigation for that for a while and had to completely change my diet to gluten free. Thankfully it was something else.

It's rough, there's gluten in everything and the gluten free stuff is so expensive. But on the plus side it's a better time to be diagnosed just now, at least most supermarkets do have stuff now. But yeah, condolences, anyone who hasn't had to experience a gluten free diet could never understand the challenges and how hard it is to adjust.

It's a shitter for sure but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The hardest thing will be discipline I think. I'm not exactly ill with it at the moment. I just had a hunch and then a reason to get tested.

9 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Bummer, but at least you know what's wrong, and as someone pointed out, there's a bigger range of GF foods these days. Oh, and you'll qualify for

some free food on prescription. https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-support-and-rights/nhs-services/pharmacy/gluten-free-food-service

Thanks, will take a look at that. I guess free food can't all be bad*

*it probably can be.

3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Gluten free bread and pasta are amazing........

:kirk:

I reckon you might ne fibbing.

Der Kaiser
27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I reckon you might ne fibbing.

Yup. They're awful.

That said.....My sister was diagnosed Coeliacs and had to modify her diet massively.......and then a few years later was told....nah you're not. Very strange set of affairs. 

Good luck with it.

Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Yup. They're awful.

That said.....My sister was diagnosed Coeliacs and had to modify her diet massively.......and then a few years later was told....nah you're not. Very strange set of affairs. 

Good luck with it.

Thanks. Maybe there is still hope. Still got the 2nd blood test to go. Normally a gut scrape after that but I think they are skipping that in these trying times. Doc reckons I'm a dead cert from the 1st blood test. Caught early though so a big gluten blowout til mid July is on the cards.

Three young arseholes that ran in front of my bike as I was pulling away at a green light and stopped dead in front of me “for a laugh”. Had to do an emergency stop resulting in a pedal raking up my shin and a fair bit of bruising and lost skin. Could have been a lot worse if the guy driving behind me hadn’t been in the ball and slammed his brakes on, and the car behind him, etc. 

On 04/06/2021 at 22:39, Sooperstar said:

Not sure if it’s still the case but it used to be that if you register on the celiac uk website they will send out a welcome pack including a handy book that tells you what mainstream brands and foods are celiac friendly, good for knowing stuff like bisto gravy powder being ok and the granules not (or vice Versa).

Also worth keeping in mind that there is lots of stuff that doesn’t actually include gluten but as it’s manufactured somewhere that also has gluten products then it can’t be declared gluten free despite there only being minute trace amounts present.

On 04/06/2021 at 22:39, Sooperstar said:

Not sure if it’s still the case but it used to be that if you register on the celiac uk website they will send out a welcome pack including a handy book that tells you what mainstream brands and foods are celiac friendly, good for knowing stuff like bisto gravy powder being ok and the granules not (or vice Versa).

Also worth keeping in mind that there is lots of stuff that doesn’t actually include gluten but as it’s manufactured somewhere that also has gluten products then it can’t be declared gluten free despite there only being minute trace amounts present.

Governor Tarkin
On 04/06/2021 at 23:05, BarneyBattles said:

I tried bbc6 for a while but couldn’t get into it and I’m too young for BBC4!

You're never too young for Radio 4

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Three young arseholes that ran in front of my bike as I was pulling away at a green light and stopped dead in front of me “for a laugh”. Had to do an emergency stop resulting in a pedal raking up my shin and a fair bit of bruising and lost skin. Could have been a lot worse if the guy driving behind me hadn’t been in the ball and slammed his brakes on, and the car behind him, etc. 

Sorry Taz, we didn't realise it was you. :(

Konrad von Carstein
45 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry Taz, we didn't realise it was you. :(

You're not young! :)

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

You're not young! :)

My boyish good looks and impish demeanor give the impression that I am, Konrad.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Same :lol:

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Odd. In my imagination I never had you down as Indian. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Odd. In my imagination I never had you down as Indian. 

I pick and choose, Taz. 👍

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well here’s the result of it. 

AF96CB65-062C-46AD-9850-42F260BBFAFF.jpeg

Odd. In my imagination I never had you down as white.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m almost blue. 

And red. :(

Looks a sore one. Did you not dismount and lob your bike at the wee *****?

Sooperstar
12 hours ago, Ribble said:

Thanks for that, will take a look. So far I've established that the things you like eating you can no longer eat, except baked potatoes and chips. And that you can get gluten free versions of stuff, but it's probably shite and twice the price.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Thanks for that, will take a look. So far I've established that the things you like eating you can no longer eat, except baked potatoes and chips. And that you can get gluten free versions of stuff, but it's probably shite and twice the price.

Depending on the severity of your personal intolerance you may well find that your diet isn't as restricted as you think, obviously things with high gluten content will be out but a lot of things with lower gluten content may well be tolerable

For clarity, it's not something i've had to deal with personally but in a previous job I was a food buyer for the NHS 

Harry Potter

Wheres all the dust coming from, cleaned the car 2 days ago, and covered in grime again, no doubt 

a southerly breeze from the sahara desert.😕.

Edited by Harry Potter

On 08/06/2021 at 09:34, jonnothejambo said:

Holidaymakers bleating away about their ruined holiday in Portugal. 

The selfish twats shouldn't have gone in the first place. 

Talking about this the other day. Seriously, what did they feckin expect??? 

Harry Potter

3rd power cut since may 20th, an hour this time, never had one since the boys were wee, 

something obviously far wrong, phone calls the morra to find out whats happening, 

and want that standing charge on my electricity reduced for lack of service. seethin.☹️.

Its the year 2021, not 1960.

Arseholes stepping off the pavement without looking. The pavement outside the front of the Caley Hotel being a particular hotspot for it. 

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Arseholes stepping off the pavement without looking. The pavement outside the front of the Caley Hotel being a particular hotspot for it. 

use the green cross code, pretty simple.

Edited by Harry Potter

48 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

3rd power cut since may 20th, an hour this time, never had one since the boys were wee, 

something obviously far wrong, phone calls the morra to find out whats happening, 

and want that standing charge on my electricity reduced for lack of service. seethin.☹️.

Had one for about 3 seconds earlier. They seem to be more and more common. Need Maroonlegions on the case.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Hahaha nae luck for living in a cave 😂😂😂

Montgomery Brewster
11 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Wheres all the dust coming from, cleaned the car 2 days ago, and covered in grime again, no doubt 

a southerly breeze from the sahara desert.😕.

Funny you say that. Same here. Was considering cleaning motor again but will leave it instead !

Dagger Is Back
39 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Funny you say that. Same here. Was considering cleaning motor again but will leave it instead !

Yeah same here. Cars were spotless last week. I’m now gonna just wait for the rain that will come in the Edinburgh Trades

Unknown user
On 08/06/2021 at 08:43, Governor Tarkin said:

You're never too young for Radio 4

Correct. Until the gardening, or the archers, or one of their shitty plays comes on

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you wax or shave?

Blowtorch. The manly option. 
Or more truthfully I’ve got bizarrely bald lower legs for some reason. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Blowtorch. The manly option. 
Or more truthfully I’ve got bizarrely bald lower legs for some reason. 

Me too mate, it's a curse.

shaved-legs.jpg

3fingersreid
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Personally I think that people see the flat slabs in the road and think it’s a version of a zebra crossing when it’s designed to help wheelchair users get over the cobbles easier. 

I just about knocked sir Sean Connery down at that point years back , HE apologised to ME , I was just happy I didn’t hit the legend 😃

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Personally I think that people see the flat slabs in the road and think it’s a version of a zebra crossing when it’s designed to help wheelchair users get over the cobbles easier. 

I just about knocked sir Sean Connery down at that point years back , HE apologised to ME , I was just happy I didn’t hit the legend 😃

The places in Quartermile, where you have the pavement built up to make a sort of speed bump, are a bug bear for me. Christ knows how many folk I've nearly hit there. They just walk over without looking up from their phones.

On 13/06/2021 at 14:30, jonnothejambo said:

Walking the dogs and we decided to have a drink in the sun at the Doubletree Hilton in Dunblane. 

£13 raps for a Stella and a G & T.

Lovely view mind.

i was out playing pool last week and was shocked at paying £12.90 for 3 pints of heinekken. dont judge it was the best of the minimum choice

1 hour ago, Cade said:

No early game in the fitba

:lenny:

Got sent home from work this morning cause the wee one was getting tested for covid got home thinking the same no 2pm game wish I never opened my mouth now to my boss 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jings. The other choices must have been grim if you chose to drink that pish.

Needs must I suppose.

carling or strongbow

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Got sent home from work this morning cause the wee one was getting tested for covid got home thinking the same no 2pm game wish I never opened my mouth now to my boss 😂😂😂

Took the opportunity of getting mah erse to a walk-in clinic for a jab.

Rather have a live killer virus injected into my arm than sit about the house with no football on. 😅

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Took the opportunity of getting mah erse to a walk-in clinic for a jab.

Rather have a live killer virus injected into my arm than sit about the house with no football on. 😅

😂😂😂