The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

My car refused to start after I finished work.

Recovery guy got it going and I'm home.

Now I have the nervous wait for tomorrow morning to see if it starts.

Last week when talking to a colleague about cars I happily said in the 7 years since I bought it I've never put my hand in my pocket for my Skoda on a repair.

New tyres yup...obviously, timing belt changed at the recommended interval yup. All MOTs passed and services done with no extras. Not a single repair, not even a new bulb

I ****ing jinxed it didn't I.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

My car refused to start after I finished work.

Recovery guy got it going and I'm home.

Now I have the nervous wait for tomorrow morning to see if it starts.

Last week when talking to a colleague about cars I happily said in the 7 years since I bought it I've never put my hand in my pocket for my Skoda on a repair.

New tyres yup...obviously, timing belt changed at the recommended interval yup. All MOTs passed and services done with no extras. Not a single repair, not even a new bulb

I ****ing jinxed it didn't I.

A car battery will last about 4 years, on saying that my 2nd battery on my car has lasted nearly 7 years.

Салатные палочки
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

She's a bit of a hound.....

I like a bit of ruff

12 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

A car battery will last about 4 years, on saying that my 2nd battery on my car has lasted nearly 7 years.

They really have as short a lift as 4 years? I've genuinely no idea as I've never had a car longer than that. Planning on keeping my current Skoda for ten+ years though and you're making me happy that I just bought a car battery jump start thingy as the car will be turning 4 this year

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

They really have as short a lift as 4 years? I've genuinely no idea as I've never had a car longer than that. Planning on keeping my current Skoda for ten+ years though and you're making me happy that I just bought a car battery jump start thingy as the car will be turning 4 this year

my ones on its 7th year but they can go earlier, remember its tough on the battery , been really 

cold and you need a wee run to keep topping the charge up.

33 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

my ones on its 7th year but they can go earlier, remember its tough on the battery , been really 

cold and you need a wee run to keep topping the charge up.

That's been my main concern to be honest as my cars mainly just been doing the school run for the past year. It usually has weekend runs between 20 and 100 miles round trip but not in covid times. 

Dennis Reynolds
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I use this as an excuse to download a few podcasts and then belt up and down the bypass for an hour or so. Got two cars, so get to do it twice a week.  Gives me a break from the kids and makes me look like I understand cars to the wife.

That's a quality idea. Will be giving that a try! Really need to give my motor a decent run more often. 

Captain Sausage
On 25/02/2021 at 09:46, jonesy said:

Like this one?

Paris_boulevard_beaumarchais.jpg

Or maybe this one?

grands-boulevards-big.jpg

You know, like ones with traffic of all sorts freely flowing down them, unhindered by crude attempts to frustrate residents who happen to be driving through them to cater for the tourists?

:lol: I was on Avenue de la Grand Armee yesterday. ‘Freely flowing’ is not how I would have described the traffic. 

There are lights every 20m, about a million cars and pedestrians everywhere. It’s a free for all, I would not advocate the approach to traffic management at the Arc de Triomphe as an example to be used in Edinburgh. 

15 hours ago, jonesy said:

I use this as an excuse to download a few podcasts and then belt up and down the bypass for an hour or so. Got two cars, so get to do it twice a week.  Gives me a break from the kids and makes me look like I understand cars to the wife.

😂 It's a battery, no a DPF. What time you go on the bypass that lets you belt up and down? Can't remember the last time i broke 40 on that shite road.

2 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

😂 It's a battery, no a DPF. What time you go on the bypass that lets you belt up and down? Can't remember the last time i broke 40 on that shite road.

if you only do short journeys, at somepoint you will need to drive for probably an hour to fully recharge the battery. on average i believe it takes a 30 minute drive to replace the amount of charge used when starting your car

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

if you only do short journeys, at somepoint you will need to drive for probably an hour to fully recharge the battery. on average i believe it takes a 30 minute drive to replace the amount of charge used when starting your car

He says he does it once a week in each car though😂

Whilst I've a small nag about battery charge in my head I'm pretty sure the odd longer trip even every couple of months is sufficient.

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

He says he does it once a week in each car though😂

Whilst I've a small nag about battery charge in my head I'm pretty sure the odd longer trip even every couple of months is sufficient.

or get a trickle charger.

but yeah every week is a bit much just wants away from the family imo

For all their automated clever technology, why do Amazon waste SO much cardboard and that stiff  packing paper  for small packages ?     Mrs Striker ordered something last week which was about the size of a small flower pot,  and unbreakable - still arrived in large box with paper all around the item.   Apparently there's a worldwide shortage of recycled cardboard at the moment .......  I think we now know why !!  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I just tell the missus it's good for the car.

Any time after about 7pm, TBF. Cruise control on at about 60mph, sit in the inside lane, podcasts on. No screaming bairns. Bliss. 

I have my new garden shed now, just retreat in there, peace, lovely😄.

Not much good for the battery though.

pharmaceutical01

People being picky about which COVID vaccine they are being offered!! Just thank your lucky stars you are getting one

5 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

People being picky about which COVID vaccine they are being offered!! Just thank your lucky stars you are getting one

That sounds like the EU. Millions of Oxford vaccines going to waste due to bitterness, we know how they love mountains of wasted produce mind.

Edited by JackLadd

Driving along today and hears a clunking noise from the rear of the car. Thought it was something being thrown around the boot. Then I notice that the car seems to be making more noise than normal when I’m accelerating. I get out and look under the car. Bloody exhaust pipe has snapped.

I love driving but feckin hate cars 😡

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, JackLadd said:

That sounds like the EU. Millions of Oxford vaccines going to waste due to bitterness, we know how they love mountains of wasted produce mind.

And throwing dead fish back in the sea, seethin thinking about this.:berra:

I got the Astrazenca on Sunday. Would have been happy with any vaccine.

That said, any side effects will influence my Boat Race allegiances.....

Edited by Der Kaiser

11 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Driving along today and hears a clunking noise from the rear of the car. Thought it was something being thrown around the boot. Then I notice that the car seems to be making more noise than normal when I’m accelerating. I get out and look under the car. Bloody exhaust pipe has snapped.

I love driving but feckin hate cars 😡

Yup, just had the rear passenger side light cluster (brake and indicator) go on mine, seemingly a really common issue as BMW haven't used a high enough capacity ground wire so they nearly always burn out the connector which means not only replacing the connector itself but the entire bulb housing

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Is this true? Folk rejecting it based on which one it is?

Loons.

Mentalists in the UK are refusing the Pfizer one and demanding "the British vaccine" (which was made by a half-Dutch company in Belgium by a nationalised German Turk)
Mentalists in the EU are refusing the AZ one due to efficacy doubts sown in the gutter press.

People are ****ing stupid

Edited by Cade

Bams in the USA are also refusing the vaccines on various religious grounds.

Catholics are being warned away from the Johnson&Johnson one because it uses stem cells which they automatically think came from aborted babies (which is incorrect).

brunstanejambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Catholics are being warned away from the Johnson&Johnson one because it uses stem cells which they automatically think came from aborted babies (which is incorrect).

Some Americans are mental - speaking to a colleague in Kansas yesterday and her husband is refusing to get the vaccine as "he still has to wear a mask after getting it anyway" so is just going to wait until mask restrictions are eased as that means that the virus will be gone apparently... 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

23 minutes ago, brunstanejambo said:

Some Americans are mental - speaking to a colleague in Kansas yesterday and her husband is refusing to get the vaccine as "he still has to wear a mask after getting it anyway" so is just going to wait until mask restrictions are eased as that means that the virus will be gone apparently... 

I'd imagine the Jehovas witnesses and Christian scientists in this country will refuse, too.

Anyone.....who refers to a cat or dog....as a fur baby.

I will run your pet over if you call it this.....or you......whoevers reflexes are worse.

4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I will run your pet over if you call it this.....or you......whoevers reflexes are worse.

See also pupper or doggo. 

36 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

100% :spoton:

tokyowalnut
4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Somebody I know posted on Instagram, “Happy birthday to my furNEPHEW”. Just f off!

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

See also pupper or doggo. 

We just got a wee pupper doggo...My life is much changed :berra:

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Somebody I know posted on Instagram, “Happy birthday to my furNEPHEW”. Just f off!

PM me their address and their next Facebook post will be they can't believe someone mounted the kerb and killed their Furnephew. 

9 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

what if their nephew was just really hairy?

11 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

:cornette:

I hope you immediately deleted and blocked the ****! 😡😡

tokyowalnut
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

:cornette:

I hope you immediately deleted and blocked the ****! 😡😡

She is a Personal Training client, she was suitably punished for that misdemeanour. 

Minority announcing to the majority they've had their Cv-19 vaccination...:doublefinger:

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Minority announcing to the majority they've had their Cv-19 vaccination...:doublefinger:

If it encourages others to take it I've no real issue with it, but I have definitely seen some people use it as a 'look at me' thing.

Dennis Reynolds

Yodel.

Waiting all day for my lovely new perfect draft for it not to arrive. Was tracking the delivery all afternoon before it seemed to just stop at 11 from me and then the driver was out in oxgangs the other side of Edinburgh from me.

Now got a notification at 9pm that it was delivered at 6pm! Still have my other part of the order sitting in oxgangs 11 stops from me though.

What a shambles. 

5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Yodel.

Waiting all day for my lovely new perfect draft for it not to arrive. Was tracking the delivery all afternoon before it seemed to just stop at 11 from me and then the driver was out in oxgangs the other side of Edinburgh from me.

Now got a notification at 9pm that it was delivered at 6pm! Still have my other part of the order sitting in oxgangs 11 stops from me though.

What a shambles. 

if you ordered it with some kegs, im sure others have said on the PD thread that they would get the kegs one day and the machine the next day

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

if you ordered it with some kegs, im sure others have said on the PD thread that they would get the kegs one day and the machine the next day

Nothings arrived at all 😔

13 minutes ago, LMc said:

Nothings arrived at all 😔

well some yodel driver is enjoying a nicely poured pint as we speak

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

well some yodel driver is enjoying a nicely poured pint as we speak

Probably  :muggy:

Салатные палочки

Ordered a new blu-ray player yesterday. It arrived today. Went to set it up in preparation for watching my new Restless Natives blu-ray tonight only to find that it doesn't come with an HDMI cable, or any other connection for that matter. What a ******* con. £60 and no means of connecting it to the TV. Now need to wait until tomorrow after spending another £7 on an HDMI cable. 

:seething:

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ordered a new blu-ray player yesterday. It arrived today. Went to set it up in preparation for watching my new Restless Natives blu-ray tonight only to find that it doesn't come with an HDMI cable, or any other connection for that matter. What a ******* con. £60 and no means of connecting it to the TV. Now need to wait until tomorrow after spending another £7 on an HDMI cable. 

:seething:

did you not have any other hdmi cable that was currently plugged in that you could use?

Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

did you not have any other hdmi cable that was currently plugged in that you could use?

I had a look but only got the Firestick ones and they have the small connection at one side. 

28 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I had a look but only got the Firestick ones and they have the small connection at one side. 

do you not have a sky/virgin box type thing?

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

do you not have a sky/virgin box type thing?

Unfortunately not. Only one I had was on the xbox which I stupidly sold last year.