The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Last week I packed my garden waste bin full with leaves which had blown into my garden.  Now there's masses there again. They come from trees on the council owned land just up the road. At one time the council used to clear up the leaves, but have decided it's better just to leave them to blow into into folks gardens and have them dispose of them, in the brown bins they pay for the council extra to empty. It a bloody racket.

I’m waiting on them telling people, who don’t have a tree in their garden, that they can’t put leaves that have blown into their gardens into their grey bins. Many people with small gardens with little or nothing growing, don’t have brown bins.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 17/11/2020 at 00:36, Ribble said:

pricks at work that want video calls when phone calls have been fine for years

spot on. 

23 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Last week I packed my garden waste bin full with leaves which had blown into my garden.  Now there's masses there again. They come from trees on the council owned land just up the road. At one time the council used to clear up the leaves, but have decided it's better just to leave them to blow into into folks gardens and have them dispose of them, in the brown bins they pay for the council extra to empty. It a bloody racket.

Years gone by my back garden used to flood every Autumn. Combination of a broken drain, leaves clogging the nearby drains and heavy rain would cause this every year.

Ignored our complaints bar year two when they dropped off 50 sandbags that were supposedly to protect me and my neighbours property.....in the wrong street. 

Needed at least 5 times this.

And year 4 when the drain cleaning truck actually arrived.....a week before Christmas. 

5 years to finally locate broken drain and fix....a quick drop of dye found it apparently in just a few minutes.

My back garden was ruined by then and the brick work is falling apart.

Councils answer....."flooding caused by water draining off nearby land.....here's our solicitors number....go **** yerself".

The latest road closure proposals by the cycle council is quite incredible . For some reason I can’t copy and paste it but it’s worth reading and trying to understand just exactly how the city will allow vehicles to actually move through the city . 

I read it on the Edinburgh live site 

Tenaciousdandy

Feckers that pull out in front of you then proceed to go half the speed limit, slam there brakes on every time a car passes on the opposite side of the road and at a slightest bend in the road 

Салатные палочки

7.40am this morning on my usual road to work.  It's still pretty dark, some really heavy drizzly rain, loads of spray.  I suddenly hear an engine noise next to me.  Some prick in a dark grey Mondeo had started overtaking me with no lights on.  I flashed the p*ick and so did a couple of passing trucks on the opposite side.  The thing is, because of the rain and the spray, within a couple of seconds I couldn't even see him.  This still didn't prompt him to put his lights on.  

What goes through these people's minds?  "Oh **** I'm late, I really don't have the time to turn a nob and put these lights on this morning, that's one second off my driving time".  

15 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The latest road closure proposals by the cycle council is quite incredible . For some reason I can’t copy and paste it but it’s worth reading and trying to understand just exactly how the city will allow vehicles to actually move through the city . 

I read it on the Edinburgh live site 

The CeC are taking advantage of their Covid powers to steamroller these allegedly temporary measures through. If you look at some of the street furniture they have introduced they don't look temporary to me. They are using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut in my opinion. Is there any evidence that these measures have increased cycling and walking? I appreciate something has to be done to reduce pollution but these ill-thought out measures are driven by the vanity aspirations of the SNP and their Labour lapdog coalition partners.

It will be very difficult to find a candidate worthy of a vote at the next Council elections! 

Edited by Stuart Lyon

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

7.40am this morning on my usual road to work.  It's still pretty dark, some really heavy drizzly rain, loads of spray.  I suddenly hear an engine noise next to me.  Some prick in a dark grey Mondeo had started overtaking me with no lights on.  I flashed the p*ick and so did a couple of passing trucks on the opposite side.  The thing is, because of the rain and the spray, within a couple of seconds I couldn't even see him.  This still didn't prompt him to put his lights on.  

What goes through these people's minds?  "Oh **** I'm late, I really don't have the time to turn a nob and put these lights on this morning, that's one second off my driving time".  

Theres quite a few of them at this , gets my seeth up quite often.

Mind you its finding the wee nob to put them on.😕.

Dennis Reynolds

The amount of drivers without lights on lately when it's got dark has been mad. Quite a few cyclists as well. It always seems to be the dark cars and cyclists with dark clothing.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, LMc said:

The amount of drivers without lights on lately when it's got dark has been mad. Quite a few cyclists as well. It always seems to be the dark cars and cyclists with dark clothing.

Is there not a case for making the wearing of hi viz mandatory for cyclists?

Tesco today.

There are massive arrows on the aisle floors to show where you queue for the checkout yet folk still try to act silly buggers and just cut in.

And apparently if I point this out to you ya dozey prick its my fault as well.

I hope one of your many microwave meals burns the roof of your mouth and gives you diarrhea.....which is probably quite likely.

3 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is there not a case for making the wearing of hi viz mandatory for cyclists?

Yes but how do you enforce it without occupying high amounts of police time! 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Managed to copy it eventually , surely this will lead to absolute chaos ??

F048F6D9-A54E-4B44-8990-C6FAA1B7FA74.jpeg

1C19CE5D-69A2-4E74-940B-88FBE1B7DEDA.jpeg

95F2764C-0FC4-4E77-8871-4022E9924997.jpeg

Really need to get myself on this council, that way I can push through a motion to line these c#### up against a wall

On the subject of professional footballers - why the hell does the player preparing to take a corner actually spend several seconds carefully placing the ball exactly 4 inches outside the quarter ?   Are they really so thick that they actually believe their cross will be more accurate if they steal a few inches ? 

In Hearts case, pretty much every corner is wasted anyway so what's the point ?  

8 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

On the subject of professional footballers - why the hell does the player preparing to take a corner actually spend several seconds carefully placing the ball exactly 4 inches outside the quarter ?   Are they really so thick that they actually believe their cross will be more accurate if they steal a few inches ? 

In Hearts case, pretty much every corner is wasted anyway so what's the point ?  

And they pull their socks up and over their knees , maybe has an impact on the flight of the ball? , followed by a sign , usually two arms held aloft* , to signal where it’s going , when in fact he’s telling the keeper he’ll be needing to reach up to catch the ineffective cross he’s about to do . 

*meant to be a signal as to what they’ve practised in training , piss off they’re not that good 

manaliveits105

Passed one of those clown cyclists on Lanark Road the other day who wear big cameras on their helmets (oo matron)

but this guy also had a yellow high viz jacket that said something like - please be polite to cyclists or similar but was in this format 

please be 

POLITE

to cyclists

Impersonating a police officer as far as I'm concerned !! 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

The corner thing annoys me, too. Should do away with the quadrant and just take it from the edge of the corner/byeline angle.

But thats common sense, will never catch on😕

Starting to notice some redirects creeping into JKB, which is getting annoying.  Tried to click 2 separate threads on the Console Talk section of The Shed and instead got directed to: https://www.icmarkets.eu/eu/en  

Please don't click the link, it's some ForEx trading shite, but that's where I was getting taken to.

Mods, have you noticed anything?  Maybe one for @davemclaren?

Riddley Walker
On 16/11/2020 at 23:36, Ribble said:

pricks at work that want video calls when phone calls have been fine for years

:spoton:

Nothing wrong with having the camera off at all. No need to have it on all the time, as you say if it was in the office and wasn't a formal meeting you would just pick up the phone. I find most folk turn off their camera during a meeting when they're not speaking - unless it's only a small meeting - which is fine by me.

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Starting to notice some redirects creeping into JKB, which is getting annoying.  Tried to click 2 separate threads on the Console Talk section of The Shed and instead got directed to: https://www.icmarkets.eu/eu/en  

Please don't click the link, it's some ForEx trading shite, but that's where I was getting taken to.

Mods, have you noticed anything?  Maybe one for @davemclaren?

Not happened for a while afaik. Will pass the info on to our ad provider. 

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not happened for a while afaik. Will pass the info on to our ad provider. 

Maybe a one (or two) off. Thanks though :)

Dennis Reynolds
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I've sent you a PM. Can help sort this out for you if you like.

Thanks again! Looks to all be in hand now. What a turn of events! 

Finally tracked down the mountain bike my son wanted for Christmas, been looking since June, and the end of February or the beging of March is the earliest it'll be ready😫😫

The track and trace people 🤬 

Mrs IJ, baby IJ, and myself are all currently fighting coronavirus. You fill out an online form for every positive test and the people in your household all get named on the form so we've all inadvertently been named 3 times each on our respective forms.

For some reason, the software the track and trace people have thinks that there's 3 IJ's to call, along with 3 Mrs IJ's and Baby IJ's. Polite as she is my Mrs spoke with them 3 times on Saturday and then they started calling me. I politely told them to beat it. Then again, and again. The phone keeps ringing and there's no end to their very polite voicemails. Or it kept ringing until I blocked their number anyway. What's wrong with these people? How do they think it's ok to constantly harass 2 covid sufferers? It's been a bloody horrendous week that we've just managed to keep our heads up and look after the kids through and those morons are are trying to ask us for the same information 9 times over!

On 22/11/2020 at 22:25, IronJambo said:

The track and trace people 🤬 

Mrs IJ, baby IJ, and myself are all currently fighting coronavirus. You fill out an online form for every positive test and the people in your household all get named on the form so we've all inadvertently been named 3 times each on our respective forms.

For some reason, the software the track and trace people have thinks that there's 3 IJ's to call, along with 3 Mrs IJ's and Baby IJ's. Polite as she is my Mrs spoke with them 3 times on Saturday and then they started calling me. I politely told them to beat it. Then again, and again. The phone keeps ringing and there's no end to their very polite voicemails. Or it kept ringing until I blocked their number anyway. What's wrong with these people? How do they think it's ok to constantly harass 2 covid sufferers? It's been a bloody horrendous week that we've just managed to keep our heads up and look after the kids through and those morons are are trying to ask us for the same information 9 times over!

Sounds a right bloody shambles. I hope you and your family are ok.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Filled the car with garden refuge and other junk and took it out to the recycling center today only to be turned away as I hadn't booked a slot. "To protect staff and the public from covid" it says, it's outside ffs. Tried to book on the phone and nothing today so will have to empty the car if I want to use it over the weekend or just leave it until Monday when I booked a slot. 

Council deciding that 8am today was the ideal time to send out tree surgeons and a massive woodchipper right outside my flat

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Filled the car with garden refuge and other junk and took it out to the recycling center today only to be turned away as I hadn't booked a slot. "To protect staff and the public from covid" it says, it's outside ffs. Tried to book on the phone and nothing today so will have to empty the car if I want to use it over the weekend or just leave it until Monday when I booked a slot. 

Wish my car ran on garden refuge and junk.

😁

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Wish my car ran on garden refuge and junk.

😁

:biggrin:

It's the green fuel of the future, I tell you. 

I'll miss the car when I leave it at the dump though :29:

9 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

:biggrin:

It's the green fuel of the future, I tell you. 

I'll miss the car when I leave it at the dump though :29:

:lol:

Traffic wardens, didn't get caught this morning but it's abundantly clear that they either target or are instructed to target residential streets over main roads. I stay on a side street close to ferry road/great junction street which are both really busy roads and at 8am I would have thought that the main concern for traffic being illegally parked should be there as to ensure that these main roads are not being impeded but no, every single morning at 2 mins to 8 a traffic warden is sat waiting on my street ready to ticket cars, absolute racket that has nothing to do with ensuring traffic isn't obstructed.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Folk feeding seagulls, 😧hunners o them.

Hunners of folk or hunners of seagulls?

Edited by Stuart Lyon

38 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Hunners of folk or hunners of seagulls?

Seagulls bud, all ower the shop, noisy as well.😵.

Gone now be back at tea time no doubt.

10 hours ago, Ribble said:

Traffic wardens, didn't get caught this morning but it's abundantly clear that they either target or are instructed to target residential streets over main roads. I stay on a side street close to ferry road/great junction street which are both really busy roads and at 8am I would have thought that the main concern for traffic being illegally parked should be there as to ensure that these main roads are not being impeded but no, every single morning at 2 mins to 8 a traffic warden is sat waiting on my street ready to ticket cars, absolute racket that has nothing to do with ensuring traffic isn't obstructed.

They wouldn't be there if folk didn't park like plums. I'd give our local ones a Christmas tip if they did the same round here.

Walking to meet my wife after she finishes work , walking along Stenhouse drive the pavement , yep pavement ,is split into two halves , one for people ( who are meant to walk safely on pavements) and a lane for cyclists. 
why should I as a pedestrian be sandwiched between Lycra clad ****ing idiots and moving vehicles ? 
If I have to share a pavement with a cyclist why aren’t they nearest the road , in fact why don’t the just use the bloody road ? Edinburgh council giving way too much priority to cyclists , shared pavement , floating bus stops etc 

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Walking to meet my wife after she finishes work , walking along Stenhouse drive the pavement , yep pavement ,is split into two halves , one for people ( who are meant to walk safely on pavements) and a lane for cyclists. 
why should I as a pedestrian be sandwiched between Lycra clad ****ing idiots and moving vehicles ? 
If I have to share a pavement with a cyclist why aren’t they nearest the road , in fact why don’t the just use the bloody road ? Edinburgh council giving way too much priority to cyclists , shared pavement , floating bus stops etc 

Have you seen what they’ve done at potterrow. It goes pavement, cycle lane, parking spaces then the road. Only a matter of time before someone opens their passenger door and takes out a cyclist

3 minutes ago, mutley said:

Have you seen what they’ve done at potterrow. It goes pavement, cycle lane, parking spaces then the road. Only a matter of time before someone opens their passenger door and takes out a cyclist

Ffs , in trying to make it safer they’ve made it more dangerous for cyclists and pedestrians 🙈

Last Thursday I was walking along Gorgie road ( I did have a moment wishing it was for a game) . When I got to the launderette beside the church there was a car parked on the outside of the cycle lane but that meant it was more than halfway into the middle of the road 😂😂

12 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I drove up Gilmerton Road the other day and there are now places where the the cycle lane takes up most of one side of the road. Though they have been kind enough to leave a 2 feet space which isn't cycle lane. I drove the length of the road and didn't see a single cyclist. Utter madness.  

3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I drove up Gilmerton Road the other day and there are now places where the the cycle lane takes up most of one side of the road. Though they have been kind enough to leave a 2 feet space which isn't cycle lane. I drove the length of the road and didn't see a single cyclist. Utter madness.  

Your mistake was looking for them on the allocated lane , they’ll be on the pavement 😉

For me the worst cycle lanes are the ones on Old Dalkeith Rd and Crewe Rd  heading towards the hospitals , there hardly any room for vehicles to move out the way for emergency vehicles needing past .