The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

12 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Seriously? There are still cars you have to do that on? 🤣

I've got a 2014, 3 series BMW so would imagine there are quite a lot of cars on the road with manually adjustable headlight angles

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Have Sky TV and broadband. Broadband has been terrible and they've updated my contract - claim its faster broadband etc and sent new wifi router. All set up and fine but have lost on demand on the TV since the Skybox (HD version not Q) needs updated with new password etc. Can't manage to update it. Tried everything. Anyone know how to do this?

Are your trying to connect your Sky box to the new router?

If so... https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/setting-up-sky-plus-box/setting-up-sky-plus-internet

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

I've got a 2014, 3 series BMW so would imagine there are quite a lot of cars on the road with manually adjustable headlight angles

Fair play. I forgot the likes of BMW are tight on kit

On 06/10/2020 at 14:22, Lemongrab said:

Are your trying to connect your Sky box to the new router?

If so... https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/setting-up-sky-plus-box/setting-up-sky-plus-internet

Yes I have been. I followed this instruction a few times without success but persevered and now successful, so many thanks for your help

Motorola!

Minimally cracked the screen on my phone and they've emailed me a shipping label for DHL. They want £20 for the return shipping and £35 to give an assessment on what's wrong with it. £35 to decide that the outer screen is cracked and the digitiser is ok! They're refusing to tell me what a screen replacement would cost.

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Motorola!

Minimally cracked the screen on my phone and they've emailed me a shipping label for DHL. They want £20 for the return shipping and £35 to give an assessment on what's wrong with it. £35 to decide that the outer screen is cracked and the digitiser is ok! They're refusing to tell me what a screen replacement would cost.

terrible service, 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

terrible service, 

The phone only cost me £270 and I won't pay a silly amount to replace the screen. I'm not paying for return shipping just to get an estimate. Independents can't source the screen so it's going to end up with super glue in the cracks instead I think.

Sodding pretend runners. 
Cycling home on the cycle paths from Leith to D Mains, all the usual characters on the way, people walking dogs, some other cyclists, a fair few people running. Lights on the bike, polite ding on my bell if I’m coming up behind someone, all the stuff you’re supposed to do and I always do. Never any problems on the path and often friendly waves or smiles between users.
Then I turn the corner under the bridge at Drylaw and there are 4 female day-glo wearing “joggers” 4 abreast taking up the entire width of the path so I have to brake and swerve onto the grassy verge to get past. When I say jogging they were actually just above walking pace gossiping and cackling at each other paying no attention. 
Then once I’m past them one of them starts foul mouthed screeching that I should slow down as I’ll kill someone. Doubtless she’ll be telling everyone about the mad speeding cyclist that told her to eff off after a near death experience. All complete fantasy as I always slow down at that part of the path due to the fact it’s a blind corner. Apart from the bit where I shouted eff off as I cycled away, that part is true. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Sodding pretend runners. 
Cycling home on the cycle paths from Leith to D Mains, all the usual characters on the way, people walking dogs, some other cyclists, a fair few people running. Lights on the bike, polite ding on my bell if I’m coming up behind someone, all the stuff you’re supposed to do and I always do. Never any problems on the path and often friendly waves or smiles between users.
Then I turn the corner under the bridge at Drylaw and there are 4 female day-glo wearing “joggers” 4 abreast taking up the entire width of the path so I have to brake and swerve onto the grassy verge to get past. When I say jogging they were actually just above walking pace gossiping and cackling at each other paying no attention. 
Then once I’m past them one of them starts foul mouthed screeching that I should slow down as I’ll kill someone. Doubtless she’ll be telling everyone about the mad speeding cyclist that told her to eff off after a near death experience. All complete fantasy as I always slow down at that part of the path due to the fact it’s a blind corner. Apart from the bit where I shouted eff off as I cycled away, that part is true. 

Anyone not keeping left should be banned from the cyclepath.

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Anyone not keeping left should be banned from the cyclepath.

It’s a pain, the paths are a great thing that any city would be proud of but people need to respect other users and not be bellends. There are guidelines at the entrance to the paths that are very clear. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Sodding pretend runners. 

Yeah, yeah, great story...were they pumpable tho? :lol: 

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Yeah, yeah, great story...were they pumpable tho? :lol: 

It was hard to tell through all the fake tan. 

Just now, Tazio said:

It was hard to tell through all the fake tan. 

But they were female right, so aye would be the answer.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

But they were female right, so aye would be the answer.

The fact they were breathing and capable of movement is normally fine for you. And the movement part is optional. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The fact they were breathing and capable of movement is normally fine for you. And the movement part is optional. 

No, I do like a wee bit of movement........but not too much.

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sodding pretend runners. 

At least you don't need to put up with the Romanian camp trying to burn down the bridge at Junction Street every night with their bonfires! Nearly every night for the last month the fire brigade have been in attendance to put their fire out, then the following day the Water of Leith trust have cleaned up about a dozen black bags worth of rubbish.!

Dennis Reynolds

Driving down Easter Road tonight and got to the bottom where the traffic was backed up because of the new lights junction. Was going absolutely nowhere so let a couple cars turn onto Gordon Street before stopping before the keep clear area. All of a sudden a car comes barrelling down the left beeping his horn screaming at me as my generosity had obviously held him up for five seconds for going down Gordon Street. Pissed me off so much I was very close following him and "asking him to explain himself". Don't know why it triggered me so much. I couldn't ******* go anywhere! 🤬 Annnnd breathe!

Saw the car parked up an alley (illegally) off Leith walk with his hazards on my way home so I'm guessing it was a delivery driver from dominos or possibly somewhere else. Thankfully my mum had filled me up with home cooking and I had calmed down by then 🤣

Albeit absolutely no wonder folk get pissed off driving down that way. An absolute nightmare that thankfully I very rarely have to do.

16 minutes ago, LMc said:

Driving down Easter Road tonight and got to the bottom where the traffic was backed up because of the new lights junction. Was going absolutely nowhere so let a couple cars turn onto Gordon Street before stopping before the keep clear area. All of a sudden a car comes barrelling down the left beeping his horn screaming at me as my generosity had obviously held him up for five seconds for going down Gordon Street. Pissed me off so much I was very close following him and "asking him to explain himself". Don't know why it triggered me so much. I couldn't ******* go anywhere! 🤬 Annnnd breathe!

Saw the car parked up an alley (illegally) off Leith walk with his hazards on my way home so I'm guessing it was a delivery driver from dominos or possibly somewhere else. Thankfully my mum had filled me up with home cooking and I had calmed down by then 🤣

Albeit absolutely no wonder folk get pissed off driving down that way. An absolute nightmare that thankfully I very rarely have to do.

The lights at the bottom of Easter road are the worst ever, traffic in every direction backs up.

39 minutes ago, obua said:

The lights at the bottom of Easter road are the worst ever, traffic in every direction backs up.

I've only been through them once and was a passenger and was on my phone, I looked up and had a massive WTF moment, I don't have a clue what was going on. The old roundabout junction with Lochend Road was always a bit dodgy, but it seems 100 times worse now.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I've only been through them once and was a passenger and was on my phone, I looked up and had a massive WTF moment, I don't have a clue what was going on. The old roundabout junction with Lochend Road was always a bit dodgy, but it seems 100 times worse now.

Correct,the road that goes alongside the links is always backed up as well.

8 hours ago, obua said:

That's the congestion causing, anti vehicle CeC for you!

On 09/10/2020 at 09:30, Ribble said:

At least you don't need to put up with the Romanian camp trying to burn down the bridge at Junction Street every night with their bonfires! Nearly every night for the last month the fire brigade have been in attendance to put their fire out, then the following day the Water of Leith trust have cleaned up about a dozen black bags worth of rubbish.!

😮

10 hours ago, obua said:

Whole area is a joke, Leith walk only goes towards the city centre so all leith bound traffic routed down easter road, constitution street closed, roadworks every other week on Salamander Street, lights at bottom of easter road don't allow traffic to flow, road in middle of links cloased to allow for people to walk more freely (next to massive open green spaces?!?), lindsay road one way with traffic heading towards leith routed round the back of asda and back out next to the roadworks at ocean terminal

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Whole area is a joke, Leith walk only goes towards the city centre so all leith bound traffic routed down easter road, constitution street closed, roadworks every other week on Salamander Street, lights at bottom of easter road don't allow traffic to flow, road in middle of links cloased to allow for people to walk more freely (next to massive open green spaces?!?), lindsay road one way with traffic heading towards leith routed round the back of asda and back out next to the roadworks at ocean terminal

Edinburgh for the size of it must be the worst in Europe to drive in, 

Салатные палочки

I cannot, CANNOT! stand stuff like this. 

Screenshot_20201018-142521_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b3384cdbe7819db8dcd5410fb6871108.jpg

In what way is that even funny? What makes it worse is I usually always see someone I know commenting on it "am deed 😂😂😂" or some other shite. 

On 15/10/2020 at 19:58, weehammy said:

Driving up Braidburn/Comiston today admiring the barriers erected to narrow driving space and create dedicated cycle lanes both ways. These were totally uncontaminated by cyclists.

I did, however, pass four separate cyclists riding on the pavements.

Edinburgh Clowncil 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Still never been on a tram, , nearest station/ stop is 2 miles away, handy for tourists though.

On 15/10/2020 at 19:58, weehammy said:

Driving up Braidburn/Comiston today admiring the barriers erected to narrow driving space and create dedicated cycle lanes both ways. These were totally uncontaminated by cyclists.

I did, however, pass four separate cyclists riding on the pavements.

Edinburgh Clowncil 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻

Drove right up the main road through Gilmerton yesterday and half the road has been re-configured for cycle lanes, seen one cyclist (loose term, boy wearing jeans on one of those tiny bromley commuter bikes) and he was cycling up the middle of the road, no intention of using the cycle lane at all

On 15/10/2020 at 00:24, obua said:

Copied this from today's Times - let's hope the Scottish Government take note.

The transport secretary has threatened to withhold funding for new cycling and pedestrian schemes after warnings that badly designed programmes were causing unnecessary congestion.

Grant Shapps said that a significant minority of initiatives introduced by councils during the pandemic to promote green transport had backfired, leading to more traffic.

In a letter to councils he said that there were far too many instances in which new cycle lanes had been unused while cars were “backed up alongside them”. He said that funding would be considerably reduced in areas where it had been badly spent in the past.

Five months ago Mr Shapps outlined the “largest ever boost” for cycling and walking, with £250 million being spent to promote them. The funding, the first tranche of a £2 billion investment, was accompanied with fast-tracked guidance to allow councils to close roads, widen pavements and create pop-up cycle lanes.

About 250 “low-traffic neighbourhoods” have been introduced in recent months, most of them in London. However, there have been protests about a lack of consultation before the introduction of schemes, longer journeys and the dislocation of traffic to other roads. There have also been reports of emergency services taking longer to respond to 999 calls.

In Ealing, west London, residents want a judicial review of the council’s low-traffic neighbourhood. In Bromley, south London, the council leader has urged Mr Shapps to intervene after neighbouring Croydon introduced road closures that have left traffic queuing for miles on Bromley’s roads.

A second wave of funding for cycling and walking schemes is expected to be released shortly but Mr Shapps said that the money would be channelled towards councils that had properly consulted local residents and embraced good design principles.

Nicholas Lyes, head of roads policy at the RAC, said: “We warned in May that rushing for ‘one-size fits all’ quick fix solutions could lead to traffic problems. Time for Grant Shapps to reintroduce local consultations.”

However, polling by YouGov suggests that 57 per cent of adults support the schemes and only 16 per cent are actively opposed.

42 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Piss. The side of the Links has been a bottleneck as long as I can remember. 

50 minutes ago, Cade said:

Fireworks being on general sale to the public for two months of the feckin year

All year round

Arsehole lazy binmen only emptying half the street. We only need one bin for the whole block for the week, right 😡

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just had to fork £570 to get the car through its mot.

Gutted 😭😭😭

Suspension & brakes?

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

Suspension & brakes?

Brakes were fine. 

2x Track Control Arm

Shock Absorber

Tie Rod End

Coil Spring

Stabiliser link arm

That doesn’t mean an awful lot to me. I do know it’s expensive though 🤬

Edited by iantjambo

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Brakes were fine. 

2x Track Control Arm

Shock Absorber

Tie Rod End

Coil Spring

Stabiliser link arm

That doesn’t mean an awful lot to me. I do know it’s expensive though 🤬

Domino effect right there, SA fails, then the CS, then all the smaller components are exposed to the uneven surfaces that were once called roads. The car should handle considerably better now and keep you safe.

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feckin rip off merchants. Twats probably invented these faults.

Used to take my old golf to something not much bigger than a shed on the outskirts of Norwich. Mot centre didn’t have a garage so made no money from the repairs. £50 got it through every time..  After I got it serviced by some local VW fanatics and that was that.

A guy I worked with took his ford to kwik fit and came back with 3 pages of failures :lol:  Those guys must be the worst of the lot. 

Sainsbury's Longstone yesterday. Two of the Roma community, about 30 years old. No masks. Open a sliced loaf of bread in shop. take a slice each and throw rest of loaf back on shelf. Saw them at checkout later paying for a few other items from large wad of notes, so they certainly could afford to buy the loaf and they didn't look to have a medical condition (I know - you can't tell etc) 

19 hours ago, Cade said:

Fireworks being on general sale to the public for two months of the feckin year

Fireworks in the middle of the night, 😮beyond me .

15 hours ago, King prawn said:

Used to take my old golf to something not much bigger than a shed on the outskirts of Norwich. Mot centre didn’t have a garage so made no money from the repairs. £50 got it through every time..  After I got it serviced by some local VW fanatics and that was that.

A guy I worked with took his ford to kwik fit and came back with 3 pages of failures :lol:  Those guys must be the worst of the lot. 

About a month before my MOT is due I stick the car into the dealership to get a bulb changed, costs 30 quid but I get an 80+ point check so I know if there is anything needing done before the MOT and get it sorted somewhere else for less (just got the back tyres done at halfords for £80 less than the dealer wanted for the same tyres)