The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

35 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

At least you were honest and didn't just drive off. Happened to my wife a while ago, some idiot hit the hit of her car (at low speed) and drove off! She was in the car at the time as well.

Just met with the driver of the car there, he didn't seem pissed off in the slightest, was very happy that I left all the details and was honest about it. 

We're just going to get it sorted, and I'll pay for their damage.

Raging though! :vrface: 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Just met with the driver of the car there, he didn't seem pissed off in the slightest, was very happy that I left all the details and was honest about it. 

We're just going to get it sorted, and I'll pay for their damage.

Raging though! :vrface: 

That's the thing don't be dick and report it most people are fine with that. Even if they are internally seething

40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

That's the thing don't be dick and report it most people are fine with that. Even if they are internally seething

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

At least you were honest and didn't just drive off. Happened to my wife a while ago, some idiot hit the hit of her car (at low speed) and drove off! She was in the car at the time as well.

Yeah, I would be beyond raging if someone did that to my car and just drove off, so I would never think of doing the same to someone. I just never expected to actually have to do it! :(

However, I'm a firm believer of "if you **** up, take ownership of it and the consequences" :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

Unfortunately, it's right through the lacquer and the paint, so you can see the bodywork underneath.  It will definitely need redone.  Tempted to just put a whole new bumper on.

I don't know how it's so bad because the car I hit only has some white scratches, maybe 1mm deep at a max, so it'll be much easier to fix.  I remember reading something about Mazda's having pretty poor quality paint work, so possibly a reason why.  It shows up stone chips like bullet holes, so could be true.

Two things....

It's a bumper so it really doesn't need painted anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean with two tone metallic (4 stage paint with a groundcoat maybe?) but if it's a factory paint that came on the car it's easy enough for a smart repairer to match and do a localised repair. It really doesn't matter how deep it is either. Shouldn't cost the earth.

Edit...I see it's a Mazda, that'll be a 4 stage paint. Basically.... primer, then a specific colour (groundcoat), then your top colour, then lacquer. It's easy enough and bread and butter for a smart repairer. What colour is it? The darker the better for blending the repair in

Edited by IronJambo

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Two things....

It's a bumper so it really doesn't need painted anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean with two tone metallic (4 stage paint with a groundcoat maybe?) but if it's a factory paint that came on the car it's easy enough for a smart repairer to match and do a localised repair. It really doesn't matter how deep it is either. Shouldn't cost the earth.

Edit...I see it's a Mazda, that'll be a 4 stage paint. Basically.... primer, then a specific colour (groundcoat), then your top colour, then lacquer. It's easy enough and bread and butter for a smart repairer. What colour is it? The darker the better for blending the repair in

Yeah, sorry, 2 tone wasn't an accurate choice of words. It's the Soul Red paint, which I'm hoping someone will be able to match, even if it's just a close match that isn't noticeable other than up right up close to it. 

I'm a bit obsessive about my car, so I don't have any option but to get it fixed unfortunately. I just can't ignore the fact that it's there. 

Would you recommend going to the dealership, or trying to find a body/spray shop to have a go? 

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yeah, sorry, 2 tone wasn't an accurate choice of words. It's the Soul Red paint, which I'm hoping someone will be able to match, even if it's just a close match that isn't noticeable other than up right up close to it. 

I'm a bit obsessive about my car, so I don't have any option but to get it fixed unfortunately. I just can't ignore the fact that it's there. 

Would you recommend going to the dealership, or trying to find a body/spray shop to have a go? 

I'd ask the used car salesmen at your dealership if they use a smart repairer and if so who. Then when does he visit them? Reason being a repair to an ordinary Joe is going to be £80+(up to ££120(?) but probably more like £50ish to the dealership.

To come to you and fix it the guy has his travel time and set up time to account for. If you approached him at the dealership when he was already there he'd probably be more amenable to a cash in hand price as he's already set up and there's also a good chance he'd have the right paint already mixed given he's at a Mazda dealership already. It could easily be just a 20-30 minute job with drying times behind a heatgun and lamp.

Failing the above I'd be asking around for a decent smart repairer. I'm sure colourworks (or something similar to that) used to have a good rep but it's well over ten years since I was in the area. I think the body shop in loanhead does localised repairs these days as well, can't remember the name but it's full of jambos. Some will quote (wrongly)  as being in straiton.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just when we finally don't have to suffer all those PPI adverts, now it is over fifties life insurance that is overwhelming the ad breaks!

Probably the same money grabbing companies involved as well!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

2 hours ago, Boof said:

People who slam a stapler.

****'S SAKE - just press it firmly.

Similarly, folk who slam doors.

In the middle of the night or in the early morning.

22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just when we finally don't have to suffer all those PPI adverts, now it is over fifties life insurance that is overwhelming the ad breaks!

Probably the same money grabbing companies involved as well!

Don't forget "equity release" (which isn't a thing, you are remortgaging your house)

All roads lead to Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Don't forget "equity release" (which isn't a thing, you are remortgaging your house)

Hopefully the generation they are targeting are savvy enough not to be taken in by these too good to true schemes like equity release!

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hopefully the generation they are targeting are savvy enough not to be taken in by these too good to true schemes like equity release!

Plenty of reasonable reasons for people to borrow against the equity in their home. 

The adverts are all like:
"sell us your hoose, go on a smashin holiday"

"sell us your hoose and use the cash to pay off your mortgage so you can spend more every month"

"feck your kid's inheritance, spend spend spend"

These remortgages are lifetime deals, with interest accruing every year.

It's not just secured on the value of the house, but on the value of your estate.

So if your house has not increased in value at the same rate as the interest rate, when you die they take the house AND they have first claim on the rest of the estate.

If your estate is not large enough to pay back the full loan, then your next of kin have to pay it out of their own pocket.

Nae house, nae inheritance and a big fat debt.

Thanks mum&dad.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

"sell us your hoose and use the cash to pay off your mortgage so you can spend more every month"

It's not just secured on the value of the house, but on the value of your estate.

So if your house has not increased in value at the same rate as the interest rate, when you die they take the house AND they have first claim on the rest of the estate.

If your estate is not large enough to pay back the full loan, then your next of kin have to pay it out of their own pocket.

Thanks mum&dad.

Need to remember this if my daughter pisses me off in the future. It's a great threat though, even better than the old "do as you're told or I'll boil the gold fish" line.

William H. Bonney

Heard a massive crash today in my house, went to investigate and couldn’t see anything. 
I went back into the living room and saw a teenage girl ripping the coping stone of my garden wall. The blind in my bedroom was closed so I never realised she had thrown a coping stone at my window, smashing the outer glazing of the window. 
I went out to confront her and her 2 male friends but soon realised I was going to do something I regretted so I phoned the police. Stupidly due to my rage I never took her picture. 
Police didn’t even come out. Just took details over the phone. 
What kind of ****ed up little shit thinks this type of thing is fun. Really pisses me off. 

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Heard a massive crash today in my house, went to investigate and couldn’t see anything. 
I went back into the living room and saw a teenage girl ripping the coping stone of my garden wall. The blind in my bedroom was closed so I never realised she had thrown a coping stone at my window, smashing the outer glazing of the window. 
I went out to confront her and her 2 male friends but soon realised I was going to do something I regretted so I phoned the police. Stupidly due to my rage I never took her picture. 
What kind of ****ed up little shit thinks this type of thing is fun. Really pisses me off. 

And folk keep saying crime is falling, what a load of shite. It just looks that way because they never bother actually attending most crime scenes these days. The only hope you have that they are going to show up is if your dying, or you’ve been racially abused.

Hope a big #### off steamroller ran over the top of her down the street, pisses me off too bud.

19 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

The little lambs are just bored etc, etc.

Bring the birch back for the little *****!

19 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The little lambs are just bored etc, etc.

Bring the birch back for the little *****!

Thats more than boredum thats issues with their little uneducated brains, how anyone could do 

that to someones property is beyond me, still say its the up bringing, my dad would have hammered me if i had done

such a stupid deed.

20 hours ago, Cade said:

Thanks mum&dad.

I always tell my folks to enjoy and spend what money they have. I don't care if they remortgage their house to the hilt, they've worked hard for what they have so they deserve it. I've got no right to expect an inheritance and I won't be squabbling about money when they die. 

On 14/02/2020 at 22:14, Cade said:

Thanks mum&dad.

I don't think a next of kin would be liable, unless they were a cosignatory on a loan. 

44 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I don't think a next of kin would be liable, unless they were a cosignatory on a loan. 

Correct. The estate would be bankrupt and the debt would die with the deceased. 

Car insurance quotes for our wee fiesta

last year my premium was £185 through the AA

this year they quote me £392 😡😡 , ffs I’ve not paid that since I was 18 and that was a long time ago 😂😂😂

all sorted by shopping around and actually get it done for £169( plus a £20 voucher)

my seethe is that they will get people taking their offer and making a fortune out of people’s loyalty or naivety 

9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Car insurance quotes for our wee fiesta

last year my premium was £185 through the AA

this year they quote me £392 😡😡 , ffs I’ve not paid that since I was 18 and that was a long time ago 😂😂😂

all sorted by shopping around and actually get it done for £169( plus a £20 voucher)

my seethe is that they will get people taking their offer and making a fortune out of people’s loyalty or naivety 

They're trying to reduce their liability for your age group/segment/area. They didn't want you to renew it but they'll have your business at stupid money.

22 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

They're trying to reduce their liability for your age group/segment/area. They didn't want you to renew it but they'll have your business at stupid money.

🤔🤔 not sure about age group comment 😡😡😡

that’s a supplementary seethe now 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

🤔🤔 not sure about age group comment 😡😡😡

that’s a supplementary seethe now 

Hahahaha they all favour a bracket and offer good prices. Their liability goes up. They raise their prices in that bracket and drop them elsewhere. It spreads their liabilities. Same thing happens if you're 20 or 60.

Just now, IronJambo said:

Hahahaha they all favour a bracket and offer good prices. Their liability goes up. They raise their prices in that bracket and drop them elsewhere. It spreads their liabilities. Same thing happens if you're 20 or 60.

Always shop around , easier now with all the websites but it was a chore when you had to phone around and keep answering the same old questions . 

Only bit of advice I’d give is don’t use admiral , absolute shysters. 
told me I’d had an accident that I hadn’t divulged , eventually after checking my previous 3 insurers to prove my innocence, it transpired the previous owner had caused a crash 2 months before I’d bought the car ( no damage to mine but £20,000 of damage to two other cars ) and they’d blamed me . 
Cost them financially as a way of apology after I got in touch with the legal team .

For some reason I'm sort of watching Rough Guide to the Future on Ch4.    Some numpty just said "Oh my Gawwd-DAH".

This new variant of oh my god should be subject to corporal punishment of some kind.

Builders! I hung the telly in my living room a few months ago and it was a simple job. Find the studs and screw straight in. Studs were the standard 16 inches apart which most brackets are designed for. 

Got a telly for the bedroom today and I was putting it on the wall. The studs in there are the other standard of 24 inches apart. Ffs. Arseholes. Why's it different in my bedroom? I had to cut a wooden strip to screw into the studs and fixed the bracket onto the wood.

On 20/02/2020 at 11:55, ...a bit disco said:

Marvel Comics.

Oh, ****ing really?

:lol:

This shit will end up making it into the cinema as well in a few years time. ****

I P Knightley

See when it rains heavily and those ****ers get their kayaks out to paddle around the streets when you can see that the water's only about knee deep?

The seethe gets so strong that I find myself scanning the pictures with fingers crossed for an incoming iceberg. Or, more likely, a submerged piece of debris that will stick a big freaking hole in the bottom of their fekkin canoe. 

13 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

See when it rains heavily and those ****ers get their kayaks out to paddle around the streets when you can see that the water's only about knee deep?

The seethe gets so strong that I find myself scanning the pictures with fingers crossed for an incoming iceberg. Or, more likely, a submerged piece of debris that will stick a big freaking hole in the bottom of their fekkin canoe. 

:cornette_dog:

13 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

We had a couple of fuds wind surfing along the main street in stornoway once when there was a really high tide. Didn't even stop at the red light when someone was crossing the road.

Edited by superjack

5 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought that was recent.  Turns out it was a piece from 2012!

I thought it was recent too - that'll teach me  to look at the date on articles. I first noticed it on twitter this am before going to the BBC web page.

21 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This post reminds me of LinkedIn. 

A ‘story’ which only exists to highlight just how great the poster is. 

What ever are you on about?

Салатные палочки

Due to go to Gran Canaria on Sunday and there's a bloody big sandstorm there just now and all flights are cancelled.  It better have sorted itself out by the end of the week.  Big dusty arsehole.  

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Due to go to Gran Canaria on Sunday and there's a bloody big sandstorm there just now and all flights are cancelled.  It better have sorted itself out by the end of the week.  Big dusty arsehole.  

Woman I know was diverted to Portugal last night but has flown into Tenerife this morning.

Headlights.

When you're sitting parked up, turn off your headlights. Do you really need them to be seen? Do you crash into a lot of parked cars when their lights are off?

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Headlights.

When you're sitting parked up, turn off your headlights. Do you really need them to be seen? Do you crash into a lot of parked cars when their lights are off?

Aye , even just the sidelights, some even have full beam on, crazy, 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Headlights.

Mine are just set to come on and off automatically. I'd forget to turn the arseholes back on if I turned them off 🤣

Craig David's Seven Days.

Yes...I know....I moan about this lot but it came up at work again and once again I'm the only rational person who truly sees Craig's laziness in song writing.....

How can I be the only person who's right....why is the rest of the world wrong?

You're all arseholes......

Cup of tea and a kit kat now to calm me down.....

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

Craig David's Seven Days.

Yes...I know....I moan about this lot but it came up at work again and once again I'm the only rational person who truly sees Craig's laziness in song writing.....

How can I be the only person who's right....why is the rest of the world wrong?

You're all arseholes......

Cup of tea and a kit kat now to calm me down.....

🤣

He's a bit like Jamiroquai in that sence, when he signed a 5 or 7 album deal with, I think Sony, after the first couple of album he was told they were actually expecting different albums!

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye , even just the sidelights, some even have full beam on, crazy, 

Sidelights.

No need for them whatsoever.

The number of arseholes you see on a misty day hooning around without a care in the world with just their sidelights on...should be banned.

Either the arseholes or just the sidelights - I'm not fussed.

Dagger Is Back

I really hate the trauma in trying to speak to a human being on the phone At a business these days, particularly lets say Edinburgh Council.

A ridiculous maze of call routing designed to test the patience of a saint.

And then when you eventually get through the fecker drops your call