The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

A Boy Named Crow
On 22/01/2020 at 07:54, luckyBatistuta said:

Some people should should really not be doing the job they actually do. In a restaurant at a golf club today after playing a round. The waitress comes over with a glum face, doesn’t welcome us and is really rude. She then takes our drinks orders, but isn’t happy because our youngest wants milk. She goes away and comes back and says there is no milk. So he settles for an apple juice. Two minutes later, she comes back with two apple juice for him and we tell her that he only wanted one and off she stomps not happy. We’ve now had our food presented to us, but we have to go and get cutlery from another table as she hasn’t given us any. I ordered fish and chips and she gives me two bits of fish and a bowl of beef soup in a basket🤷🏼‍♂️ Off she goes again with a face like fizz to get my chips. We then have to call her over again to say that there is no cheese on my sons cheeseburger...wtf!!!, it’s a cheeseburger. We then get the bill and find that the most expensive thing on it is a ‘build your own burger’ which nobody had🤷🏼‍♂️. There is also three apple juice, which is incredible, as we only had one, even though she tried to wrongly give him two. At this point, my wife loses her shit altogether. She storms over to the counter and the other woman who is there, asks her if she has a question. My wife replies that she has quite a few. Everyone in the place is now watching and the waitress comes over and asks if there is a problem. My wife says to her...’for starters, you are downright rude’🤣 She then points out all the things added which we didn’t have and the waitress storms off into the kitchen. She then comes back and gives us the correct bill and says sorry through gritted teeth, which clearly wasn’t genuine.

Some people are in the wrong job🤬🤬🤬

edit: this was Celebration Golf Club in Orlando, stay well clear of this restaurant, you’ve been warned.

I held a door open for an older middle aged woman in Celebration once, about 20 years ago. She didn’t thank me, but looked straight at me and said “you’re so rude”. To this day I don’t know what I did wrong. Celebration is a weird weird place!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Maybe yer knob was oot....

I mean obviously this was the case, but it was hanging out in a tasteful and very polite manner! Nah, my offence  was something completely unfathomable.

33 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I mean obviously this was the case, but it was hanging out in a tasteful and very polite manner! Nah, my offence  was something completely unfathomable.

She was a feminist and felt that it was a derogatory act for a man to hold a door open for a woman. Was the head from her pint sticking on her moustache?

A Boy Named Crow
7 hours ago, IronJambo said:

She was a feminist and felt that it was a derogatory act for a man to hold a door open for a woman. Was the head from her pint sticking on her moustache?

Aye, I know what you mean, but it wasn’t like that. She was walking through the door behind me, I just didn’t slam it in her face. We’ll never know the truth of what went through her head in that moment. 

A Boy Named Crow
7 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Aye, I know what you mean, but it wasn’t like that. She was walking through the door behind me, I just didn’t slam it in her face. We’ll never know the truth of what went through her head in that moment. 

zoe ball, how the hell has that slavering git managed to get such a high profile radio show ? Talks  a load of crap, then ,once she’s asked a guest a question she’ll speak over them whilst they’re trying to answer .

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

zoe ball, how the hell has that slavering git managed to get such a high profile radio show ? Talks  a load of crap, then ,once she’s asked a guest a question she’ll speak over them whilst they’re trying to answer .

Totally agree, I've actually switched back to radio 1 for the breakfast show, she's even worse than Chris Evan's was.

30 minutes ago, superjack said:

Totally agree, I've actually switched back to radio 1 for the breakfast show, she's even worse than Chris Evan's was.

I’m glad it’s not just me then 👍🏻

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm no fan of Zoe Ball but she can't be worse than Evans. I was listening one morning and Jamie Cullum had some new Christmas song which was terrible. Evans played it and then said he had enjoyed it so much that he was going to play it again. And he immediately did. The same shite song twice in a row. Who does that?

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm no fan of Zoe Ball but she can't be worse than Evans. I was listening one morning and Jamie Cullum had some new Christmas song which was terrible. Evans played it and then said he had enjoyed it so much that he was going to play it again. And he immediately did. The same shite song twice in a row. Who does that?

Chris Evans apparently.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

She is worse. When she was on radio 1 years ago I quite liked her so I was happy when she got this gig. At the other end, Sara Cox on drive time, this is an excellent programme now, love listening to it, totally recovered from when Jo whiley was on with Simon mayo.

luckyBatistuta
On 22/01/2020 at 08:12, Irufushi said:

How much are you putting on Ross County ? 😂

On 22/01/2020 at 09:18, Sooperstar said:

No worries. Assuming you have backed us to win good luck!

Account balance not looking too good😞

On 22/01/2020 at 17:18, Atticus Finch said:

I had the misfortune of playing Celebration many years ago now. I bought my dad and I a round for his Christmas as we'd heard really great things about it and as regular golfers in the Orlando area at that time, we had never played it. 

I turned up wearing a pair of olive/brown patterned shorts. The patterns on them were palm trees (they were Billabong shorts, but dressy enough). I walked by the receptionist who checked us in, a couple of the pros, we ate in the restaurant (with a markedly better experience than you I hasten to add), we were on the practice area for an hour before our tee time (and spoke with a few of the range attendants etc, folks who got you a basket of balls etc)....not a single one of them mentioned my attire, until we reached the starter who politely informed me I would not be able to go on the course wearing "camoflage" shorts. I assured the chap they weren't camo pattern, and that I'd actually played The Old Course wearing these very shorts a few weeks prior, but this guy was having none of it. I had to go back to the pro shop and buy a pair of plain shorts before they'd let me on to play.

I was so pissed off for the first 5 holes I couldn't enjoy the course, before calming down and proceeding to shoot a 64 round it, despite it undergoing heavy maintenance. I checked their website on my phone on the way round and there were absolutely no guidelines on their dress code for patterned shorts. They gave us a full refund as I complained loudly at the end of the day but I will always recommend people avoid this place like the plague! 

Yup, definitely never recommending the place. I did also have a wee outburst in the Pro shop in front of everyone about the fact they had added on an extra $35 to the price for the round from the price I was quoted when I boooked, because I wasn’t a PGA Pro. I never told anyone at any point that I was…who did the think I was, @irufushi🤷🏼‍♂️

On 23/01/2020 at 12:21, A Boy Named Crow said:

I held a door open for an older middle aged woman in Celebration once, about 20 years ago. She didn’t thank me, but looked straight at me and said “you’re so rude”. To this day I don’t know what I did wrong. Celebration is a weird weird place!

🤣 get over it mate, she’s probably  not thinking about it, as she’s probably potted now.

On 22/01/2020 at 08:43, Der Kaiser said:

Do some waiters/waitresses deliberately add stuff on to menus in the hope it doesn't get noticed then scoop that extra cash for themselves when the customer pays by cash?

I've genuinely had an extra drink added or starter counted twice a little too often on food bill's these last few years and wondered if it was a little scam? Mostly in chain restaurants or wetherspoons type establishments.....I'm not posh enough to eat elsewhere. 

Wouldn’t surprise me

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

After walking in the hills this morning, I thought I’d grab a KFC on the way home. Hardly the best or most nutritious food, but hey ho. 

Promptly turned on my heels when I saw the fat mess behind the counter sneeze, wipe her dripping conk with her ungloved hand and continue to place her blubbersome hands on everyone’s orders. 

Actually, maybe this isn’t a seethe at all. I should have thanked her for reminding me of the reality of such establishments. Good luck to anyone eating at KFC, especially Hermiston Gait!

KFC has got to be one of the worst fast food establishments out there, the food is garbage. 

Салатные палочки
20 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

KFC has got to be one of the worst fast food establishments out there, the food is garbage. 

Typical trip to KFC goes along the lines of...

"Can I have a bacon and cheese box meal please?" 

"We don't have any bacon or lettuce" 

"Okay just a fillet box meal then"

"What side do you want with that?" 

"Can I have corn on the cob please?"

"We don't have any corn on the cob.  We have beans or coleslaw" 

"Beans?  With a burger?" 

"Okay kids, do you want a Krushem?" 

"Sorry, the machine is broken" 

"Can I have a latte please?" 

"Sorry, the machine is broken" 

Absolute shitehole of an establishment. My kids love their chicken but so always choose to go there.  

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Car is in the garage due to leaking oil. Can’t wait to see how much this is going to cost me 🤬

Problem with the oil pressure and needs a new oil pressure switch or something installed.

£68 all in :pleasing:

Edited by iantjambo

Captain Sausage

Maybe I’m a heartless *******, but just read a bbc article about the Wonga collapse and the pennies in the pound they’re paying out in compensation. 

A woman is on who is owed £208 in compensation but it’s only going to get £8 back. 

I appreciate Wonga is a scummy company, but why are these people not being questioned for their lack of thought to the consequences of loaning money they didn’t have? Same with the Brighthouse stuff. If you bought a 55” 4K tv and couldn’t afford it - then cry me a river. You don’t deserve any sympathy for having to be a grown up and accept the consequences of your actions. 

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Maybe I’m a heartless *******, but just read a bbc article about the Wonga collapse and the pennies in the pound they’re paying out in compensation. 

A woman is on who is owed £208 in compensation but it’s only going to get £8 back. 

I appreciate Wonga is a scummy company, but why are these people not being questioned for their lack of thought to the consequences of loaning money they didn’t have? Same with the Brighthouse stuff. If you bought a 55” 4K tv and couldn’t afford it - then cry me a river. You don’t deserve any sympathy for having to be a grown up and accept the consequences of your actions. 

I had the same thoughts when listening to this on LBC. The interest rates were extortionate but how can it be deemed you weremis-sold a loan?

They all seen the APR and the t's&c's.

The world's gone mad. Compensation for being an idiot!

Салатные палочки
15 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I'm no expert but I would imagine that the people who are borrowing from Wonga or getting a TV out of Brighthouse don't bother to look at the paperwork or listen to what they are being told in the shop.  They are thinking, my god I could have £500 in my account today or I could be walking away with a 60" TV today.  There is no way they will be thinking about the consequences when it goes tits up.  

• 2 weeks later...
Captain Sausage

This ****ing storm has blown down my fence. 

We are starting our extension build in 2 weeks so all our current and future cash is tied up in that, now I’ll need to find another £1k to get a new fence (10off 6’ sq panels) installed. Raging. 

Trampolines potentially taking flight in these current windy conditions...secure the ***king things please.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I spoke too soon. Seems to be back now!

😯nightmare bud, im sure from 9am the morra  its windy till 0200 on wed.

16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

😯nightmare bud, im sure from 9am the morra  its windy till 0200 on wed.

Fine by me. I enjoy a windy night.

On 30/01/2020 at 17:40, Captain Sausage said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder about people (no offence intended).

Wonga (and every other payday company, or legal loan sharks as they should be called) were designed to target the most vulnerable in society who could not get money from elsewhere.

I agree that some people may have been irresponsible, myself included if I’m honest, but that’s these companies wanted. They were designed to target vulnerable, poor people. It’s honestly no different for loan sharking.

If a single mother needed food for her children, these companies prayed on that kind of situation and aggressive marketing ensured that many people were stuck in the cycle of borrowing from them.

People have killed themselves due to these companies, one of whom was a close family member so I want to see all of them taking for what they worth. 

Such an ignorant and foolish comment to make.

Edited by Tynieman

Captain Sausage
55 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder about people (no offence intended).

Wonga (and every other payday company, or legal loan sharks as they should be called) were designed to target the most vulnerable in society who could not get money from elsewhere.

I agree that some people may have been irresponsible, myself included if I’m honest, but that’s these companies wanted. They were designed to target vulnerable, poor people. It’s honestly no different for loan sharking.

If a single mother needed food for her children, these companies prayed on that kind of situation and aggressive marketing ensured that many people were stuck in the cycle of borrowing from them.

People have killed themselves due to these companies, one of whom was a close family member so I want to see all of them taking for what they worth. 

Such an ignorant and foolish comment to make.

Not sure why my comment was foolish...ignorant most likely. 

Yes these companies are scum, but why should people not own the consequences of their actions. The farcical repayment terms for these companies is well publicised and yet people continued to use them. I use the Brighthouse example as it’s easier to see - don’t buy shit you can’t afford. 

I have genuine sympathy for people who were forced into them because a pay check didn’t stretch and they needed the cash ASAP, but it should always have been done understanding that this isn’t free cash, but an expensive short term loan. 

And I refuse to accept that Wonga and their ilk got so big purely on squeezing those people who genuinely couldn’t get by due to awful situations they found themselves in.

This societal thing of always having someone else to blame is wearing pretty thin. 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Wasn't really much of a storm was it? Blew through in a couple of hours.

This isn't a storm, didn't even need to double peg the washing today.

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Not sure why my comment was foolish...ignorant most likely. 

Yes these companies are scum, but why should people not own the consequences of their actions. The farcical repayment terms for these companies is well publicised and yet people continued to use them. I use the Brighthouse example as it’s easier to see - don’t buy shit you can’t afford. 

I have genuine sympathy for people who were forced into them because a pay check didn’t stretch and they needed the cash ASAP, but it should always have been done understanding that this isn’t free cash, but an expensive short term loan. 

And I refuse to accept that Wonga and their ilk got so big purely on squeezing those people who genuinely couldn’t get by due to awful situations they found themselves in.

This societal thing of always having someone else to blame is wearing pretty thin. 

It's OK for you to talk when you can afford to shell out a grand for a fence.

Where do you stay ? Buckingham Palace 😂

luckyBatistuta

I must be a heartless ******* too then. I don’t know how some folk sleep at night with the debt they have run up. They aren’t broke, but they think it’s just fine to keep buying stuff they don’t have the cash for and continue piling up debt. They go around spending way beyond their means with other people’s money, then give it all the tears and snotters, complaining about how they’ve been badly treated and it’s not their fault when it goes tits up. Sorry, but you brought it upon yourself.. 

West Approach road closed

Temp traffic lights on Fountainbridge

Ardmillan Terrace about to be closed for a week 

45 mins on a no 22 from Stenhouse to fountain park , get off and go up to get a cab or a no1 at Dundee street and it’s also not moving . Bus driver tells me he’s 1 hour behind schedule . He also says it’s carnage at haymarket . 

well done CEC ,well ****ing done , absolute ****ing shambles . Plan ahead for once . 

I got a couple of hundred off their administrators, got knows how they worked out the compo, I got up to my neck with them years ago and bumped them, they eventually wrote it off when it was found that they never should have given me the loan in the first place. Pay day loans and their interest rates can be catastrophic for people whose income and outgoings are more or less the same to start with as you can easily be trapped into taking loan after loan from them.

On 30/01/2020 at 20:42, IronJambo said:

I had the same thoughts when listening to this on LBC. The interest rates were extortionate but how can it be deemed you weremis-sold a loan?

They all seen the APR and the t's&c's.

The world's gone mad. Compensation for being an idiot!

The loans were marketed as a one off quick fix but for the vast majority this wasn't the case, the people taking out loans from the likes of wonga wouldn't have passed affordability checks anywhere else because they didn't have disposable income so after loan no 1 say they paid 50 quid interest it just meant they were 50 short the following month so took another loan and the cycle started. 

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The loans were marketed as a one off quick fix but for the vast majority this wasn't the case, the people taking out loans from the likes of wonga wouldn't have passed affordability checks anywhere else because they didn't have disposable income so after loan no 1 say they paid 50 quid interest it just meant they were 50 short the following month so took another loan and the cycle started. 

You're only confirming what I understood. The loanee's knew they'd be short the following month when they took the loan. They still took the loans. Some I feel bad for as you can't always choose your circumstances, trust me I know. All kinds of credit cards and loans are shit for some, I just don't get why all of a sudden it's been decided that people aren't responsible for themselves.

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I must be a heartless ******* too then. I don’t know how some folk sleep at night with the debt they have run up. They aren’t broke, but they think it’s just fine to keep buying stuff they don’t have the cash for and continue piling up debt. They go around spending way beyond their means with other people’s money, then give it all the tears and snotters, complaining about how they’ve been badly treated and it’s not their fault when it goes tits up. Sorry, but you brought it upon yourself.. 

I pretty much agree with what you say but in some situations it’s not quite as black and white as that. For the people who take out loans for shite like night outs and stuff they don’t need should reap what they sow. A lot of these people take the loan with no intention of paying it back. But there’s people who take them through sheer desperation (food, gas, electricity etc) as they might have nowhere else to turn.

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

You're only confirming what I understood. The loanee's knew they'd be short the following month when they took the loan. They still took the loans. Some I feel bad for as you can't always choose your circumstances, trust me I know. All kinds of credit cards and loans are shit for some, I just don't get why all of a sudden it's been decided that people aren't responsible for themselves.

In the cases such as Wonga it was badly advertised in that people seen it as a one off thing, i.e my car/washing machine broke down and it's a a day or two before payday, it's not a case that people aren't responsible for themselves but they were sucked in by an irresponsible lender.

Wonga's model was that if you paid back what you'd been lent then your credit limit with them went up more or less automatically so within a year someone who wouldn't qualify for the original 100 quid loan anywhere else now found themselves with a 1000 credit limit. 

32 minutes ago, Ribble said:

In the cases such as Wonga it was badly advertised in that people seen it as a one off thing, i.e my car/washing machine broke down and it's a a day or two before payday, it's not a case that people aren't responsible for themselves but they were sucked in by an irresponsible lender.

Wonga's model was that if you paid back what you'd been lent then your credit limit with them went up more or less automatically so within a year someone who wouldn't qualify for the original 100 quid loan anywhere else now found themselves with a 1000 credit limit. 

I certainly agree it was irresponsible lending. It still remains that people were knowingly borrowing money they couldn't pay back/struggle/didn't think how to pay back. 

A long time ago in times of desperation (being too proud/stubborn to ask parents for help) I looked at all sorts of consolidation loans and I was well aware of the disgusting APR's involved and exactly how much extra I'd be paying back. It's on the loanee to make those checks and I know we don't agree but I just can't bring myself to blame the big bad company with the open cheque book.

Captain Sausage
15 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's OK for you to talk when you can afford to shell out a grand for a fence.

Where do you stay ? Buckingham Palace 😂

Didn’t think a grand was two bad. 6 panels, 7 posts, the gravel boards and labour. Given I’m in Surrey, everything is twice as expensive as it should be. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I pretty much agree with what you say but in some situations it’s not quite as black and white as that. For the people who take out loans for shite like night outs and stuff they don’t need should reap what they sow. A lot of these people take the loan with no intention of paying it back. But there’s people who take them through sheer desperation (food, gas, electricity etc) as they might have nowhere else to turn.

Agree Ian, there are definitely  a few exceptions, but there are too many people these days who don’t seem to have a problem running up huge amounts of debt and are not willing to accept the consequences when they can’t pay it back. Only going to get worse too😞

Latest android update, has changed the layout of my keyboard and now i have a black bar at the bottom of the screen that i cant get rid of. Pushes everything out of sync

22 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Agree Ian, there are definitely  a few exceptions, but there are too many people these days who don’t seem to have a problem running up huge amounts of debt and are not willing to accept the consequences when they can’t pay it back. Only going to get worse too😞

One of my mates was brutal for it. Took multiple payday loans for nights out and never made a single repayment. He would then moan in our ears about these horrible companies that were chasing him for thousands. He got really pissed off when we all told him it was his own fault.

Not heard from him in a few years so god knows how he got on with it in the end.

Never had an accident ever before, and today I decided to have a complete lapse in judgement, and hit a car in front of me at all of 1mph when trying to get out of a tight space.  

About a 2 inch scratch on the car I hit, and the same on mine.  No dents, or smashed lights or anything, just a lovely matching scrape on both.

I am ****ing :seething: at my own stupidity.  Never done anything like that before and I am devastated.

No sign of the other driver, so parked up, waited 5 minutes, then left my details, and phoned the Police and my insurance company to report the incident.  £700 excess can **** right off, but I'll still be out of pocket to pay for the damage.   Still financially recovering from changing jobs and the time over Christmas, so it couldn't have come at a worse time.

****!!!

Oh, and of course, my car has a sort of 2-tone metallic paint, so it's going to be a ******* to colour match.

I'll get it fixed, but I'll always know it's there.

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oh, and of course, my car has a sort of 2-tone metallic paint, so it's going to be a ******* to colour match.

I'll get it fixed, but I'll always know it's there.

If it's only a wee scratch I'd try one of those Chips Away type places.

4 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

If it's only a wee scratch I'd try one of those Chips Away type places.

Unfortunately, it's right through the lacquer and the paint, so you can see the bodywork underneath.  It will definitely need redone.  Tempted to just put a whole new bumper on.

I don't know how it's so bad because the car I hit only has some white scratches, maybe 1mm deep at a max, so it'll be much easier to fix.  I remember reading something about Mazda's having pretty poor quality paint work, so possibly a reason why.  It shows up stone chips like bullet holes, so could be true.

Edited by tian447

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Never had an accident ever before, and today I decided to have a complete lapse in judgement, and hit a car in front of me at all of 1mph when trying to get out of a tight space.  

About a 2 inch scratch on the car I hit, and the same on mine.  No dents, or smashed lights or anything, just a lovely matching scrape on both.

I am ****ing :seething: at my own stupidity.  Never done anything like that before and I am devastated.

No sign of the other driver, so parked up, waited 5 minutes, then left my details, and phoned the Police and my insurance company to report the incident.  £700 excess can **** right off, but I'll still be out of pocket to pay for the damage.   Still financially recovering from changing jobs and the time over Christmas, so it couldn't have come at a worse time.

****!!!

At least you were honest and didn't just drive off. Happened to my wife a while ago, some idiot hit the hit of her car (at low speed) and drove off! She was in the car at the time as well.