The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

The Internet

***** slurping coffee and soup in the office. No idea how folk were brought up thinking that's an acceptable way to behave. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

***** slurping coffee and soup in the office. No idea how folk were brought up thinking that's an acceptable way to behave. 

Slurping, open mouth chewing, talking whilst eating. Feral behaviour the lot of it

On 08/01/2020 at 02:18, Del Monty said:

Raging because you live somewhere you see as a dump, but believe you are better than everyone around you, and you don't deserve to live there. YOU live there mate. Lol

Where, in his post, did he say that he is ‘better than everyone’ around him and, where in his post did he say that he ‘doesn’t deserve to live there’?

I can’t see either of these remarks.

Due to the high winds, one of our cats was too scared to go out through the night. We didn’t have any litter to put the tray out for her so I expected to get up this morning to find an “accident” somewhere in the house. What I didn’t expect was the wee fud jumping up and pissing on the bed in the middle of the night!

Lesson learned. Keep a bag of litter in the house at all times.

46 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Due to the high winds, one of our cats was too scared to go out through the night. We didn’t have any litter to put the tray out for her so I expected to get up this morning to find an “accident” somewhere in the house. What I didn’t expect was the wee fud jumping up and pissing on the bed in the middle of the night!

:rofl:

19 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

It doesn’t even end there. The wife decided this would be a good excuse to get the new duvet that she’s been putting off. No problem. She orders it online and I head out to collect it. I slip on the grass and go down like a sack of shit. Covered in mud I have to go back in and get completely changed (even my boxers were soaking).

I’d say I should’ve stayed in bed today but I couldn’t do that cos the stupid cat pissed on it!

Raging! 🤬🤬🤬

Edited by iantjambo

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It doesn’t even end there. The wife decided this would be a good excuse to get the new duvet that she’s been putting off. No problem. She orders it online and I head out to collect it. I slip on the grass and go down like a sack of shit. Covered in mud I have to go back in and get completely changed (even my boxers were soaking).

I’d say I should’ve stayed in bed today but I couldn’t do that cos the stupid cat pissed on it!

Raging! 🤬🤬🤬

you know bad things come in threes 

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you know bad things come in threes 

I’m back home and not moving my arse of the couch for the rest of the day :lol:

Just now, iantjambo said:

I’m back home and not moving my arse of the couch for the rest of the day :lol:

If you didn't get any kitty litter when you were out DON'T let the cat sit on your lap :lol:

1 minute ago, Boof said:

If you didn't get any kitty litter when you were out DON'T let the cat sit on your lap :lol:

Litter was bought first thing this morning. The well behaved cat is lying curled up beside me. The arsehole is sulking on top of the wardrobe!

30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Litter was bought first thing this morning. The well behaved cat is lying curled up beside me. The arsehole is sulking on top of the wardrobe!

leaving you a little present up there. or the good one is biding its time and will leave a brown mess next to you

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

leaving you a little present up there. or the good one is biding its time and will leave a brown mess next to you

Litter tray is there now so the little pricks will get drop kicked out the door if they try :lol:

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

A mate at work had words with his ex's cat. He woke in the night for a pee and went to put his slippers on. The cat, watching through the door done an about turn and trundled down the stairs. The dirty ******* had shit in one of his slippers.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Litter tray is there now so the little pricks will get drop kicked out the door if they try :lol:

Precisely how did it get up on to the wardrobe?   :naughty:

4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Precisely how did it get up on to the wardrobe?   :naughty:

:whistling:

She sleeps up there all the time...Honest :D

Took my car in for its annual service, half a mile down the road on the way home a warning light came on. Drove back to the garage, everyone has gone for the day and nobody could help 😡🤬. Something just needed to be reset but the f**kers in the garage should have done that before I collected the car. 

Trying to get folk in my stair, the stair next door and the council to agree on how and when and how much and who is to pay to fix a chimney stack that is on the verge of coming off the feckin roof!

:seething:

On 08/01/2020 at 07:23, IronJambo said:

It was close to being like that. Thankfully there were random photos from friends weddings and other stuff that was worth keeping and I got away with it. Those tits though.....  

She’s not found the crusty set of Polaroid’s then? :lol: 

I work in benefits. The benefits I deal with are means tested so your entitlement is determined by your income and capital. No word of a joke, I dealt with two new claims today, one where the couple had £520,000 in the bank (yes over half a million!!!) and the other where the chap earned £70,000 pa. How can these people think they should be entitled to benefits??? I genuinely thought the one with over half a million put a comma in the wrong place and was sure she would only have £5200. Nope, half a chuffing million. 🤬😡😏

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I work in benefits. The benefits I deal with are means tested so your entitlement is determined by your income and capital. No word of a joke, I dealt with two new claims today, one where the couple had £520,000 in the bank (yes over half a million!!!) and the other where the chap earned £70,000 pa. How can these people think they should be entitled to benefits??? I genuinely thought the one with over half a million put a comma in the wrong place and was sure she would only have £5200. Nope, half a chuffing million. 🤬😡😏

Well, if you don't ask...

(Aren't there guidelines telling people the factors that qualify you for benefits?  Presume these punters didn't read them or are just too arrogant to be bothered with them)

8 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well, if you don't ask...

(Aren't there guidelines telling people the factors that qualify you for benefits?  Presume these punters didn't read them or are just too arrogant to be bothered with them)

Before you apply it tells you what is below. I think people are just chancers and hope we don’t spot it. One chap with £200,000 said “if you don’t ask you don’t get” 😏😡.

You can claim a Council Tax reduction if you

• have savings of less than £16,000
  • are responsible for paying the Council Tax bill
  • have a low income from benefits or work, including self employment.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

Before you apply it tells you what is below. I think people are just chancers and hope we don’t spot it. One chap with £200,000 said “if you don’t ask you don’t get” 😏😡.

You can claim a Council Tax reduction if you

• have savings of less than £16,000
  • are responsible for paying the Council Tax bill
  • have a low income from benefits or work, including self employment.

It wiznae me - honest!

Took a days unpaid leave as an emergency and it turns out that most of my days work was cancelled irrespective. Had I been at work I'd have done half an hour's "work", and even then I literally wouldn't have been doing anything. Days pay lost for not doing work that I didn't have. Raging. 

17 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Never underestimate how greedy and selfish people can be. The world is full of cretins.

On 11/01/2020 at 19:27, Helzibob said:

Took my car in for its annual service, half a mile down the road on the way home a warning light came on. Drove back to the garage, everyone has gone for the day and nobody could help 😡🤬. Something just needed to be reset but the f**kers in the garage should have done that before I collected the car. 

Had the same recently after getting new tires put on the car, no initial warning lights but once I was on the M8 doing 70mph with no turnoff for 5 miles my dash lit up light a bloody xmas tree with the tire pressure warning system. I had no idea if it was not enough air in the tyres, the TPS hadn't been reset, the tyres hadn't been fitted properly or if I actually had a puncture!

17 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Think that annoys me the most about that is why on earth folk would have that kind of money just sat in a current account doing nothing for them. 

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Had the same recently after getting new tires put on the car, no initial warning lights but once I was on the M8 doing 70mph with no turnoff for 5 miles my dash lit up light a bloody xmas tree with the tire pressure warning system. I had no idea if it was not enough air in the tyres, the TPS hadn't been reset, the tyres hadn't been fitted properly or if I actually had a puncture!

There's some real charlatans out there posing as mechanics. A mate had a blowout on the M25 and was towed to the nearest garage. A well known chain, where he had new tyre fitted and the wheels balanced. Back on the road and he has a noise coming from his wheels. Takes it to his normal local garage to have it looked at and after a quick spin they lift it on the ramp to have a look and it turns out the wheels buckled.

How do you fit a tyre and not notice that?

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Think that annoys me the most about that is why on earth folk would have that kind of money just sat in a current account doing nothing for them. 

Exactly. At least spread the risk over a number of different accounts and banks but £520,000 just sitting there doing nothing and then asking for money out the public purse. 🤬

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

I hoped the light would go off on the way home but no luck then it took me ages to find the reset button. Why the manual didn’t say “it’s in your glove box you eejit” I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️.

28 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

Exactly. At least spread the risk over a number of different accounts and banks but £520,000 just sitting there doing nothing and then asking for money out the public purse. 🤬

pretty sure most bank accounts are only covered up to 80 grand, did these folk miss northern rock etc?

29 minutes ago, Ribble said:

pretty sure most bank accounts are only covered up to 80 grand, did these folk miss northern rock etc?

and that 80k i think is the total for all accounts held by an individual at one banking group. i.e. if two or more banks are owned by the same bank

20 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Took a days unpaid leave as an emergency and it turns out that most of my days work was cancelled irrespective. Had I been at work I'd have done half an hour's "work", and even then I literally wouldn't have been doing anything. Days pay lost for not doing work that I didn't have. Raging. 

I know that feeling. I had the vomiting bug thing last month in the middle of a very busy week and as sick days don’t count towards hours worked I lost about £250 overtime. 

On 29/12/2019 at 10:18, Sooperstar said:

Are you married Hel?

16 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:kirk:

How did that slip through unnoticed? :lol:

Very, very subtle Soops :D

luckyBatistuta

Some people should should really not be doing the job they actually do. In a restaurant at a golf club today after playing a round. The waitress comes over with a glum face, doesn’t welcome us and is really rude. She then takes our drinks orders, but isn’t happy because our youngest wants milk. She goes away and comes back and says there is no milk. So he settles for an apple juice. Two minutes later, she comes back with two apple juice for him and we tell her that he only wanted one and off she stomps not happy. We’ve now had our food presented to us, but we have to go and get cutlery from another table as she hasn’t given us any. I ordered fish and chips and she gives me two bits of fish and a bowl of beef soup in a basket🤷🏼‍♂️ Off she goes again with a face like fizz to get my chips. We then have to call her over again to say that there is no cheese on my sons cheeseburger...wtf!!!, it’s a cheeseburger. We then get the bill and find that the most expensive thing on it is a ‘build your own burger’ which nobody had🤷🏼‍♂️. There is also three apple juice, which is incredible, as we only had one, even though she tried to wrongly give him two. At this point, my wife loses her shit altogether. She storms over to the counter and the other woman who is there, asks her if she has a question. My wife replies that she has quite a few. Everyone in the place is now watching and the waitress comes over and asks if there is a problem. My wife says to her...’for starters, you are downright rude’🤣 She then points out all the things added which we didn’t have and the waitress storms off into the kitchen. She then comes back and gives us the correct bill and says sorry through gritted teeth, which clearly wasn’t genuine.

Some people are in the wrong job🤬🤬🤬

edit: this was Celebration Golf Club in Orlando, stay well clear of this restaurant, you’ve been warned.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The message I’m getting here is...

...golf is shite. 

Seriously though, if you’re working with the public and can’t face it, find another job. In most western countries it’s not that difficult if you’re prepared to put in a bit of effort. There’s a lassie that works in the Margiotta corner shop near me who can’t/won’t greet or talk to customers. Instead, she ignores even the slightest hello, mumbles prices and points at the card reader. I stopped going there on account of her ages ago, thought I’d try again and she was just as bad. I’m not asking for a conversation, just basic courtesy. Needs a job away from people. 

This is spades bud, it’s not difficult.

Spent an absolute fortune on the round of golf for me and my boys at peak time, plus rental clubs for us all, plus golf buggies. Had a great round with them, only for the whole experience to be ruined by that soor faced git.

…and golf is definitely not shite😁

Edited by luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some people should should really not be doing the job they actually do. In a restaurant at a golf club today after playing a round. The waitress comes over with a glum face, doesn’t welcome us and is really rude. She then takes our drinks orders, but isn’t happy because our youngest wants milk. She goes away and comes back and says there is no milk. So he settles for an apple juice. Two minutes later, she comes back with two apple juice for him and we tell her that he only wanted one and off she stomps not happy. We’ve now had our food presented to us, but we have to go and get cutlery from another table as she hasn’t given us any. I ordered fish and chips and she gives me two bits of fish and a bowl of beef soup in a basket🤷🏼‍♂️ Off she goes again with a face like fizz to get my chips. We then have to call her over again to say that there is no cheese on my sons cheeseburger...wtf!!!, it’s a cheeseburger. We then get the bill and find that the most expensive thing on it is a ‘build your own burger’ which nobody had🤷🏼‍♂️. There is also three apple juice, which is incredible, as we only had one, even though she tried to wrongly give him two. At this point, my wife loses her shit altogether. She storms over to the counter and the other woman who is there, asks her if she has a question. My wife replies that she has quite a few. Everyone in the place is now watching and the waitress comes over and asks if there is a problem. My wife says to her...’for starters, you are downright rude’🤣 She then points out all the things added which we didn’t have and the waitress storms off into the kitchen. She then comes back and gives us the correct bill and says sorry through gritted teeth, which clearly wasn’t genuine.

edit: this was Celebration Golf Club in Orlando, stay well clear of this restaurant, you’ve been warned.

I hope you didn't give a tip. 

luckyBatistuta

I’m trying to get a bet on our game against RC, but I’m in Florida and it’s saying I can’t place a bet, because of gambling restrictions in the USA. I don’t get it tough, as I’m sitting watching my Amazon box with a VPN turned on and it recognises that I’m in the UK, even though I’m in the US. My bet365 seems to know I’m in the USA even though I’m saying I’m in London. Htf does bet365 know where you are and nobody else does when your using a VPN

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

I hope you didn't give a tip. 

I always give generously with tips, but if people are friendly and courteous I’ll give a bit more. There was only once before in the US that I haven’t tipped and it was a rude waiter in the Bahama Breeze. I did tip her...4 cents🤣🤣🤣 Was going to leave nothing, but decided to round it up in the hope that she said something, so I could tell her not to spend it all in the same shop🖕

I’m trying to get a bet on our game against RC, but I’m in Florida and it’s saying I can’t place a bet, because of gambling restrictions in the USA. I don’t get it tough, as I’m sitting watching my Amazon box with a VPN turned on and it recognises that I’m in the UK, even though I’m in the US. My bet365 seems to know I’m in the USA even though I’m saying I’m in London. Htf does bet365 know where you are and nobody else does when your using a VPN

If you are trying to use the app then that won't work. The mobile site should though.

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If you are trying to use the app then that won't work. The mobile site should though.

Oh dear, can’t believe I never thought of that. That’s exactly how I was trying to connect.

Cheers buddy👌👍

Oh dear, can’t believe I never thought of that. That’s exactly how I was trying to connect.

Cheers buddy👌👍

How much are you putting on Ross County ? 😂

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Do some waiters/waitresses deliberately add stuff on to menus in the hope it doesn't get noticed then scoop that extra cash for themselves when the customer pays by cash?

I've genuinely had an extra drink added or starter counted twice a little too often on food bill's these last few years and wondered if it was a little scam? Mostly in chain restaurants or wetherspoons type establishments.....I'm not posh enough to eat elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cheers buddy👌👍

No worries. Assuming you have backed us to win good luck!

Салатные палочки
58 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Do some waiters/waitresses deliberately add stuff on to menus in the hope it doesn't get noticed then scoop that extra cash for themselves when the customer pays by cash?

I've genuinely had an extra drink added or starter counted twice a little too often on food bill's these last few years and wondered if it was a little scam? Mostly in chain restaurants or wetherspoons type establishments.....I'm not posh enough to eat elsewhere. 

The problem is a lot of people don't check their bills as it might make them look cheap and they want to avoid making a scene.  I don't think staff would do it on purpose but they do make mistakes.  I always, always check the bill after being overcharged a couple of times.  

16 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Plenty of them other than Bet365 are hot on VPN's. Some will let it slide and then refuse to pay out because you were using one. As already advised though, don't use the App as it'll always know where you are.

Atticus Finch
20 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I had the misfortune of playing Celebration many years ago now. I bought my dad and I a round for his Christmas as we'd heard really great things about it and as regular golfers in the Orlando area at that time, we had never played it. 

I turned up wearing a pair of olive/brown patterned shorts. The patterns on them were palm trees (they were Billabong shorts, but dressy enough). I walked by the receptionist who checked us in, a couple of the pros, we ate in the restaurant (with a markedly better experience than you I hasten to add), we were on the practice area for an hour before our tee time (and spoke with a few of the range attendants etc, folks who got you a basket of balls etc)....not a single one of them mentioned my attire, until we reached the starter who politely informed me I would not be able to go on the course wearing "camoflage" shorts. I assured the chap they weren't camo pattern, and that I'd actually played The Old Course wearing these very shorts a few weeks prior, but this guy was having none of it. I had to go back to the pro shop and buy a pair of plain shorts before they'd let me on to play.

I was so pissed off for the first 5 holes I couldn't enjoy the course, before calming down and proceeding to shoot a 64 round it, despite it undergoing heavy maintenance. I checked their website on my phone on the way round and there were absolutely no guidelines on their dress code for patterned shorts. They gave us a full refund as I complained loudly at the end of the day but I will always recommend people avoid this place like the plague!