The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Some of my teachers were:

An ex-journalist for several major fleet street publications and a published author

A historian who has had several history textbooks published

Head of marketing for an English premier league team

An ex bank manager

A practising high court solicitor

A UN special rapporteur 

Feckin wasters the lot of them

:gocompare:

What school did you go to??

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

This post deserves some recognition 

👏👏

Council employees are similar to teachers, they could never make it in the real world 

This is nonsense. My Mrs got up for work at 05:30 today. She'll have worked on the train to work, and she'll work on the train all the way home. She'll be home at 18:00 to pick up my boy and after she's got him in bed she'll do about another hours work. She'll do that all week and then do a few more hours on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

This is nonsense. My Mrs got up for work at 05:30 today. She'll have worked on the train to work, and she'll work on the train all the way home. She'll be home at 18:00 to pick up my boy and after she's got him in bed she'll do about another hours work. She'll do that all week and then do a few more hours on Sunday.

Sounds like she struggles to effectively manage her workload

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sounds like she struggles to effectively manage her workload

Yep. It's not really her fault considering she's doing the work of 3 with half the help of half an intern though. They're going through a massive restructure and her team is being built. She doesn't really have a team just now, just departments under her. It's not as simple as delegating X, y, and z as she's nobody to delegate it to at present.

Edit: the point being, she works hard. As do her colleagues as they're still working up to and past 21:00 as well. Council employees.

I on the other hand am a lazy bassa and will sleep as much as I can at work. 

Edited by IronJambo

11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Yep. It's not really her fault considering she's doing the work of 3 with half the help of half an intern though. They're going through a massive restructure and her team is being built. She doesn't really have a team just now, just departments under her. It's not as simple as delegating X, y, and z as she's nobody to delegate it to at present.

Edit: the point being, she works hard. As do her colleagues as they're still working up to and past 21:00 as well. Council employees.

I on the other hand am a lazy bassa and will sleep as much as I can at work. 

I'm not directing this at your missus but an office job where you work till 9pm is nonsense, simply nodding and working away until all hours means that the council management don't have to do anything about it.

I was also covering 3 roles for the last few months, each day or week I simply laid out options to management as to what could be done and what couldn't, for anything that couldn't be done and they wanted it to be then they had to de-prioritise something else. After 4 months of things not being done they have now recruited 3 extra people to help me. If i'd simply tried to do everything by working to 9pm and weekends etc then they would never have recruited anyone. 

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'm not directing this at your missus but an office job where you work till 9pm is nonsense, simply nodding and working away until all hours means that the council management don't have to do anything about it.

They know this. She picked up her managers work as well as her own when he left. She got a huge rise in recognition. She's now had another big rise and promotion and she's writing/wrote(?) The job descriptions for the positions she needs filled. The council are slow with everything but they are providing what's needed. She's senior management so there's no real blame game for the people at the top. It's mostly down to restructuring.

The D play app

wanted to catch up with the EFL on quest programme from the weekend

and every single time I tried to watch a programme on it, as soon as it hits an advert, the stream crashes and have to restart the whole thing. Took me nearly 2.5 hours to watch a 90 minute programme 

English people who can't speak English. 

Works been playing Xmas songs on repeat which is fair enough but there's this cover of Last Christmas that keeps getting played and the girl pronounces it *lost* Christmas. 

An Adele song keeps getting played where she repeats the word "Bridge" but it sounds like "breach". Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran, the wee ginger prick pronounces like "Castle on the *Heel*" 

Its honestly one of the worst *******isations of the English language up there with could/would/should *of* instead of *have*

Rant over 

On 08/12/2019 at 13:05, milky_26 said:

bloody wind has party knocked down my greenhouse last night. i need to go and take the roof off it so it does not get damaged any further before i rebuild it

My fence at the side of the house went for a richard, all back together again. Only one panel, might need re-newed soon. 23 poonds at B and Q

31 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

My fence at the side of the house went for a richard, all back together again. Only one panel, might need re-newed soon. 23 poonds at B and Q

Went for a Richard.  :rofl:

Driving through Tesco car park and some dickhead woman fails to give way and drives straight out in front of me and into one of the parent and child bays!

Absolute ****** idiot, a split second later and I was going into the side of her car, the side her baby was on btw.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife bought a nice pair of waterproof trousers the other day and I asked her if they had a ballop.  

The feckin look I got. She had never heard of a ballop and accused me of making it up, backed up by my daughter.

Feckin women. Clueless.

I just had to google what a ballop was :rofl:

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife bought a nice pair of waterproof trousers the other day and I asked her if they had a ballop.  

The feckin look I got. She had never heard of a ballop and accused me of making it up, backed up by my daughter.

Feckin women. Clueless.

51 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I just had to google what a ballop was :rofl:

Quicker phoning a hospital.

:biggrin:

Mrs tjambo is getting a hernia op today so been sitting in St Johns since half 7 this morning.

That’s not my seethe though.

My seethe is the amount of dickheads who start getting all pissy with the nurses.

Absolute cretinous arseholes! 

On 12/12/2019 at 14:27, jonnothejambo said:

Feckin women. Clueless.

Sad times when people don't know words. She probably doesn't even know what a simmet is either.

Hermes delivery company. Hopeless shower of See you next Tuesdays!  Tracker saying they can find my address. Eh, Googlemaps?! I dont live in a hamlet in the middle of nowhere. They are also uncontactable, Im almost ready to write off the package I'm due to receive. Currently seething.

2 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Hermes delivery company. Hopeless shower of See you next Tuesdays!  Tracker saying they can find my address. Eh, Googlemaps?! I dont live in a hamlet in the middle of nowhere. They are also uncontactable, Im almost ready to write off the package I'm due to receive. Currently seething.

Martijn de Lange is CEO of Hermes UK

[email protected]

I wrote to him at the above address after getting fed up with them not delivering to me. I detailed 5 missing packages and the next morning by 9am his PA had addressed every one of them, admitting one of them being lost completely. I had the other 4 by the end of that day, albeit in a strange manner.

Edit: they manage to deliver to me now rather than just hiding my stuff in Heathrow.

Edited by IronJambo

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Martijn de Lange is CEO of Hermes UK

[email protected]

I wrote to him at the above address after getting fed up with them not delivering to me. I detailed 5 missing packages and the next morning by 9am his PA had addressed every one of them, admitting one of them being lost completely. I had the other 4 by the end of that day, albeit in a strange manner.

Edit: they manage to deliver to me now rather than just hiding my stuff in Heathrow.

Thanks, might just post it on Twitter 😄

It's massively frustrating reading the tracking. Saying the driver has had problems getting to my address, but without really saying why. I wouldn't even mind if it was delayed 24 hours, but the communication with them is non existent!

4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Thanks, might just post it on Twitter 😄

It's massively frustrating reading the tracking. Saying the driver has had problems getting to my address, but without really saying why. I wouldn't even mind if it was delayed 24 hours, but the communication with them is non existent!

Mine used to go out for delivery for 3 or 4 days and then disappear. I didn't even complain about it, I just asked the bloke what was going on that his courier company didn't deliver things.

Turned out none of their couriers had my postcode so were refusing to deliver. The 4 items I got were in Hermes couriers garage half a mile away and I collected them after he called me. I nearly told him to feck off but it was a solution to the immediate problem.

Whilst they manage to deliver now they're still truly awful. 

Only worse experience I've had with a courier was with UK Mail and I just told them to return the goods to the sender in the end before I made it clear to the company why I'd cancelled my order and wouldn't be making any in the future.

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Mine used to go out for delivery for 3 or 4 days and then disappear. I didn't even complain about it, I just asked the bloke what was going on that his courier company didn't deliver things.

Turned out none of their couriers had my postcode so were refusing to deliver. The 4 items I got were in Hermes couriers garage half a mile away and I collected them after he called me. I nearly told him to feck off but it was a solution to the immediate problem.

Whilst they manage to deliver now they're still truly awful. 

Only worse experience I've had with a courier was with UK Mail and I just told them to return the goods to the sender in the end before I made it clear to the company why I'd cancelled my order and wouldn't be making any in the future.

Still got the microwave i did not order. The gift according to the delivery driver :lol:.

21 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I get the same with Hermes, my address is 120 years old ffs how can it not exist in their systems?!?

On 19/12/2019 at 16:57, tokyowalnut said:

Absolute joke of a company. Seldom we get deliveries from them without some sort of problem.

The lassie upstairs brought a parcel downstairs for us yesterday that they asked her to take in days ago but they didn’t put a card through the door.

The problem with hermes will be the drivers get absolutely humped with deliveries and I’m guessing a lot of the time they just don’t have enough time to deliver it so they’ll just scan the parcel as can’t find address/not at home just to clear the job as they will have to take it back to they depot and every parcel needs a scan to keep it updated. 

id imagine that’s what’s happening to most people, delivery driver myself but thankfully not with Hermes!!!

12 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Dumber and dumberer arrived today :jj_facepalm:

:yas:

:pleasing:

:arry:

You need to keep us updated. It’s part of the Christmas tradition now 🎄🎄🎄

32 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

On S1 jobsite and typed in manufacturing jobs in Edinburgh/Lothians, up pops a job

in Fort William :seething:.

You couldn't make it up.

Just helped the mother in law move house. The woman has so much shite it’s unreal.

A job that should only have taken a couple of hours took twice as long!

Edited by iantjambo

19 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It's a braver man than me that goes near that thing.

Get yourself one of these and kill it with fire

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ansell-YY23T-00132-04-Microgard-Hooded-Coverall/dp/B017MG4SZ2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=R6W22LJPZARS&keywords=biohazard+suit&qid=1576961943&sprefix=biohazard+suit%2Caps%2C1309&sr=8-1

On 02/12/2019 at 18:04, Salad Fingers said:

You good people in the East get the lovely Emma Cameron presenting the news, we in the west get egghead John. 

Aye, but we all have to suffer the smarmy old firm rimmer, Raman Bhardwaj, on the sports news.  :phface:

19 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Just helped the mother in law move house. The woman has so much shite it’s unreal.

A job that should only have taken a couple of hours took twice as long!

I moved house 6 weeks ago still looking for certain items:facepalm:

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Executive decision needs to be made. If she’s not happy, she can make something herself. 

:lol:

ended up going to make pasta then had an argument about it. She ate the pasta a cheered the **** up after it

bursds!

15 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

:lol:

ended up going to make pasta then had an argument about it. She ate the pasta a cheered the **** up after it

bursds!

did you sprinkle prozac on it to achieve that

On 21/12/2019 at 19:09, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Anyone else's Mrs incapable of deciding what to have for dinner?

Anything I suggest is met with "nah don't fancy that"

:seething:

I've stopped asking, we've been together long enough for me to know what she will or won't eat (which is very little if put down in front of her) so I just more or less please myself and she ends up with whatever i'm having.

At the request of The Barrel we got Tweedle Dumb an electric razor because he smashed the last one against a wall. He opened it up and proceeded to shave on the sofa😠:muggy:

Merry Christmas everyone, it's going to be a long day.