The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if they are using that many tea bags you could put a small bowl there so you just empty that at the end of the day. or am i going to get it in the neck for suggesting something that will make iron jambos next few days a little easier

I think a big jug would be better.

@IronJambo  You'll soon be thanking them for keeping their tea bags for you.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 past 10 and the pair of them are sat sleeping on the couch. It's like being in a retirement home. She seems to be talking one second and then sleeping the next, I'm sure she's narcoleptic. This woman drives a car!

5 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

25 past 10 and the pair of them are sat sleeping on the couch. It's like being in a retirement home. She seems to be talking one second and then sleeping the next, I'm sure she's narcoleptic. This woman drives a car!

ZigzagDistinctBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

On 28/07/2019 at 14:45, G.Wright said:

Thinking I was being smart, ground all my coffee beans at once. Only to realise I've ground them all too fine and now they are pretty much useless in my espresso machine. First World problems eh! 

I reckon I've wasted about half a kilo of beans today searching for the best grind with a new grinder and machine. I'm tweaking like Rickety Cricket

On 03/08/2019 at 11:22, milky_26 said:

if they are using that many tea bags you could put a small bowl there so you just empty that at the end of the day. or am i going to get it in the neck for suggesting something that will make iron jambos next few days a little easier

There's a knock box for coffee there but she's too stupid to put them in there. They HAVE to go on the sink :arghh:

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Have they pished on the sofa yet ? 

Dinnae be daft, there's a big jug

Edited by IronJambo

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Have they pished on the sofa yet ? 

:lol:

FFS Jonno.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Apparently not as they have a jug.

Well that's a relief.

:phface:

For the old rhino, anyway.

Stuart Lyon

The City of Edinburgh Council who think that 0.91% of Edinburgh's population who support their so called visionary policies for managing Edinburgh is justification for implementation! 

luckyBatistuta

And on and on and on

A64D4E0F-08B3-43B9-985F-277C711E1A8E.jpeg

🤬🤬🤬

Edited by luckyBatistuta

On 05/08/2019 at 11:48, Nookie Bear said:

*...something something...big jugs...something...teabagging...*

I don't even know what this is but it's made me laugh 😂😂😂

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And on and on and on

A64D4E0F-08B3-43B9-985F-277C711E1A8E.jpeg

🤬🤬🤬

That's a ****ing scandal.

Meanwhile first time buyers can't get on the property ladder and the pool of long term lets gets ever smaller.

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's a ****ing scandal.

Meanwhile first time buyers can't get on the property ladder and the pool of long term lets gets ever smaller.

Exactly mate, I’m sorted myself with my own property, but really feel for the folk trying to get on the ladder. These ##### are pushing the prices up and up and up and leaving the first time buyers with not a hope in hell of getting their own home. That’s the price you pay for a me, me society. I have a neighbour who’s business is running these Airbnb properties for the owners and almost every one of their clients doesn’t even live in the UK. Meanwhile the council just turn their heads to it, as they just love the fact there are more tourists in Edinburgh.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Exactly mate, I’m sorted myself with my own property, but really feel for the folk trying to get on the ladder. These ##### are pushing the prices up and up and up and leaving the first time buyers with not a hope in hell of getting their own home. That’s the price you pay for a me, me society. I have a neighbour who’s business is running these Airbnb properties for the owners and almost every one of their clients doesn’t even live in the UK. Meanwhile the council just turn their heads to it, as they just love the fact there are more tourists in Edinburgh.

I'm a landlord myself, but it's long term lets only.

You can't hope to build communities who give a **** about the area - and each other - if you fill the city with transient populations.

I've thought long and hard about selling property on as there is probably a moral imperative to do so.

The fact that within a short space of time it would be snapped up by (probably overseas) investors, only find it's way back into the rental/Air bnb market, puts me right off doing the right thing.

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

as they just love the fact there are more tourists in Edinburgh.

Same with the taxi drivers.

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Same with the taxi drivers.

I don’t actually. Most of them walk everywhere just staring at the buildings and standing in the middle of the bloody main road taking selfies. Don’t go clubbing either. The city centre feels like it’s dying a slow death after 1am these days and my mates who own a lot of clubs have said the same.

Old woman got on my train with a walking stick, she walked past about 6 rows of seats until she was beside me and I got up and gave her my seat. People who sit in priority seats and don’t give them up to people who need them make me mad. 

Governor Tarkin

The Mrs pitched up at a Festival 'family magic show' for kids today at CC Blooms with our 9 month old and our 5 year old nephew.

She was turned away at the door as apparently the venue isn't licensed for under 5's as it has no designated baby changing facilities.

At a kids show.

The web page states that the show is suitable for 5+, but nothing to suggest that under 5's will not be allowed in to the venue due to council licensing regulations.

Edinburgh City Council eh. For the people.

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/man-vs-balloon-the-family-magic-show

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The Mrs pitched up at a Festival 'family magic show' for kids today at CC Blooms with our 9 month old and our 5 year old nephew.

She was turned away at the door as apparently the venue isn't licensed for under 5's as it has no designated baby changing facilities.

At a kids show.

The web page states that the show is suitable for 5+, but nothing to suggest that under 5's will not be allowed in to the venue due to council licensing regulations.

Edinburgh City Council eh. For the people.

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/man-vs-balloon-the-family-magic-show

Seems sensible and not surprising that a nightclub doesn't have such facilities. To let those in nappies in is just encouraging shitty bums to be changed all over the place and it would be quite unsanitary.

They'd be doing a bit better to advise this though.

6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Seems sensible and not surprising that a nightclub doesn't have such facilities. To let those in nappies in is just encouraging shitty bums to be changed all over the place and it would be quite unsanitary.

They'd be doing a bit better to advise this though.

I wouldn’t actually describe CC Blooms as a ‘nightclub’ but I get your drift on the subject matter.

Family Fun Day at my work, trying to pile through work so I can finish at a semi reasonable time tonight and the whole place is overrun with screaming kids, literally hundreds of them.

Nearly punched some sodding magician for constantly getting in my way when I was just trying to grab my lunch

Don't know why they can't put this shite on at a weekend ffs

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

The expression - ‘Bang on the money’.

The feck does that mean?

I wouldn't mind having a bang on money.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

George Best did that with thon Miss World floozy. 

Who didnae?

:) 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Single deck buses on certain routes at the height of the fringe. These routes are normally served by these buses but you would think on a Sunday they would have a few extra double deck buses available. 

Secondly climate change and those who think it isn't happening can do one today!

Салатные палочки

This summer can do one. Out to the shop in a light Peter Storm cagoule and the sweat is dripping off me. Has to be the most uncomfortable summer in years. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My wife was soaking and not best pleased when I told her to stop moaning as at least it was warm. Which is wasn't because the wind got up.

You should be happy that your wife still gets wet for you.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Even the dugs gave me the evil eye and went in the cream puff until I pulled oot the treats for them.

You must have them well trained if they like when you get your treats out for them!!

40 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You must have them well trained if they like when you get your treats out for them!!

Smear peanut butter over his treats first time, dogs will happily lick his treats everytime.

Captain Sausage

Got told to apply for a new role by the hiring manager. Had to push my current team and burn a couple of bridges to get permission to apply (really good opportunity for me and the family). 

Hiring manager has picked another person to fill the job (fair play she is more suited to the role) but he’s left me high and dry after guaranteeing me the job. 

Seethe. 

Riddley Walker
On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:52, IronJambo said:

Said jug has been sat on top of piece of kitchen roll on the cistern for the duration. I shiver to think what lurks on the kitchen roll.

I cooked here last night and it took 35 minutes to cook chips in the oven at a supposed 230 degrees. Just at well as it took over 20 minutes to heat beans on what is probably one of the first ceramic hobs that the UK ever seen. It heats up well, but then the thermostat cuts it out for two minutes (it cools so much you could touch it)before you get a 20 second blast of heat again. 

Apparently it's supposed to be like that and just because it's different to mine and everybody else's it doesn't mean it's broken. Baby bejesus had better cooking facilities on his car bonnet I think. 

Tbf no wonder the in-laws hate you if you volunteer to cook for them and then proceed to rustle up some oven chips and baked beans.

On 13/08/2019 at 16:31, jonnothejambo said:

My wife was soaking when I told her to stop moaning.

B76EB6AE-CBFF-47E6-90D2-DC32ED235E36.jpeg

2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Tbf no wonder the in-laws hate you if you volunteer to cook for them and then proceed to rustle up some oven chips and baked beans.

I was told what was to be cooked and was asked to do it. No chance would I choose to cook for people and give them something out of a packet.

23 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

And the award for best response to a post without using words goes to......

:lol:

:thumbsup: :verysmug:

ScotRail.

Was a sort-of fan, especially with my 50+ Railcard but right now it’s an absolute ****ing omnishambles.  

‘No seat reservations’ - get this a lot, so what’s the point?

’No catering’ - hardly the end of the world and at least the sign says before you board.  It’s a long way from Inverness to Edinburgh without a cup of coffee etc and quite often you are only told once the train leaves.

Have been on an Inv - Edin service that had no lavatory after Aviemore.  Needed a pee?  Cross your legs to Perth and then have to wait until the next train.

’Service full, standing room only’ - again, from Inverness to Edinburgh?  Really?

‘Cancelled’ - bad weather isn’t ScotRail’s fault.

I’d suggest having trains that aren’t fit for purpose is.  Is it a surprise that in the summer some services might be busy with holidaymakers - and that these people might have suitcases?

I must point out (and not just because some post on here!) that station and on-board staff are polite, sorry and as helpful as they can be, and I’m just silently resigned to the whole s***storm, but they are getting so much flack just now I don’t know how they put up with it.

Edited by FWJ

... and I got stung by a wasp today (first time in about 40 years, certainly since I was a kid), on the shoulder.  It’s not agony or anything but it’s pretty uncomfortable.

45 minutes ago, FWJ said:

... and I got stung by a wasp today (first time in about 40 years, certainly since I was a kid), on the shoulder.  It’s not agony or anything but it’s pretty uncomfortable.

Hope you got the little ******* with your boot!

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Think they spread AIDs these days as well.......the bad kind.

3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Think they spread AIDs these days as well.......the bad kind.

Little bas***ds.  Wouldn’t surprise me. 

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Oh? Interesting.  Do tell us more.

Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear speaking French. Constant queuing, awful food, the weirdo's there (grown adults walking around dressed like Minnie mouse!?!!). My wee dick of a 4 year old that just wants to go on the pirates of the Carribbean ride and nothing else. 

33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Speaking French shouldn't have come as a surprise given the fact it is located in feckin Paris.

We did the tour of The Stade de France a few years ago and that was also in French. They did English speaking ones but I booked the wrong one somehow.

Erse.

Buzz light year and Mickey mouse are no French.