The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Finding out Willie Bauld asked my great auntie out on a date and she said no.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

When you go to take the back off a picture frame or refit it and the little metal things, glaziers push points ( had to google that) fall out or snap off completely. 

Also why do frames have two of these on three sides and only one on the other. That is almost certain to be the one to snap off first.

4 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Idiot people in your wider friend group fighting one another. ******* idiots.

Sounds like there’s a further story behind this.

Over to you sir.

5 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Expand please.

13 hours ago, maroonexile said:

tumblr_nbr1k1soh21s47gtdo1_400.gif

3fingersreid

4 sets of temporary traffic lights on Saughton road north all within the distance of 500 yards ffs AND no bugger working !!!!

22 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

3fingersreid but Edinburgh has been voted as the easiest city to get around! Figure that out!

Stuart?  Why don’t  you quote folk when answering?  I’ve missed a few of your answers to me (until I see them a few days later). It would let people know you’ve responded to them.  Just an observation there Stuart :thumbsup: 

14 hours ago, maroonexile said:

‘Friends’ fighting full stop.

And yes, you’re dead right - idiots :thumbsup: 

Countyfile, the utter shite on that programme is truly a disgrace :cornette::vangry:

Edited by Dawnrazor

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Weather forecast is what it's all about. Used to help having Ellie &/or Helen on there too.

Now it's Anita Rani & a couple of boring freaks. One of which is Adam. Who, I'm reliably informed, is an absolute ******, and is universally disliked amongst cast & crew.

The lies they're spouting about the fires on Saddleworth Moor, they should be in court for misinformation, un ****ing believable, and people who don't know better swallow it a gospel. 

Edit. 

I should actually declare an interest as I was on one episode a few years ago! 

Edited by Dawnrazor

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

3fingersreid but Edinburgh has been voted as the easiest city to get around! Figure that out!

I’d love to know who came up with that ?

they certainly haven’t been along queensferry road recently 

On 28/07/2018 at 12:34, chester copperpot said:

****ers that use the 'On route' quote.

If you're trying to come across all smart and that, at least get it right!

Does my banger in!

Anyone that uses "On route" is a ****ing cretin.

If they at least use "En route", they'll get a free pass from me.

They're still *****, but at least they understand what they're trying to say.

Bouncers.

Paid thugs and animals who purposely choose their "job" so they can physically attack people but have legal backing to do so.

There is people who want to violently attack other people half their size but don't want the legal consequences, and a lot of these people become bouncers.

(Also no, nothing happened to me at a nightclub as they are also shit.)

People who watch videos on public transport without headphones on. The rest of the carriage doesn’t want to listen to that crappy comedy skit! 

9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Delighted to find the roadworks gone this morning. Just a shame that it has come so late in the holidays and they have already ruined the normally wonderful school holiday roads to work.

chester copperpot
15 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

4 sets of temporary traffic lights on Saughton road north all within the distance of 500 yards ffs AND no bugger working !!!!

That was a complete pain in the arse yesterday likes!

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Or the never ending works at Haymarket Terrace. It's beyond a joke now and you rarely see anyone working to finish the job. 

8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Bouncers.

Paid thugs and animals who purposely choose their "job" so they can physically attack people but have legal backing to do so.

There is people who want to violently attack other people half their size but don't want the legal consequences, and a lot of these people become bouncers.

(Also no, nothing happened to me at a nightclub as they are also shit.)

Thats a ludicrous statement , its next to impossible to be a “bouncer” now if you have any sort of attitude like that as police and licensing won’t think twice about refusing or requesting suspension of your license. 

When i learnt to work doors it was different people back then knew you either respected the venue or the club or you got a wallop and taught some respect. Did people take advantage cause they are arrogant , egotistical assholes? Yes undoubtably some did and got away with it. It was seen as a cool job to do , a meathead job , The SIA is a great money maling exercise for the government but it has also forced a lot of good doorstaff off the door. They teach you now that essentially you are a walking punchbag , to show people their exit and anyone can get a badge if they are a good person or have no or an expired conviction or a conviciton in ways they deem acceptable. Thats led to 1000s of incapable staff doing doors now and since then the number of incidents has gone up because there is a lack of respect now. Due to this people will just happily smash another customer with a fist or weapon then scream out the bouncer hurt me and the police have to deal with that complaint. 

When I started if it kicked off you picked the biggest guy floored him and the rest of the customers went ok we’ll behave you’d send the one who you’d chinned away. Next week they’d come back apologise and never do it again. Now as I said its not like that. Clubs and pubs will limit security as there is/was no legal limit to how many customers per steward. When you have no limit and some little jumped up I got a job as a bouncer to be pretend hard your asking for trouble. So maybe thats where your experience comes from but the old school guys aren’t like that its just very few are old school guys and even fewer are able to communicate or be assertive to deal with things.

In 20 years I can count the number of times iv given someone a proper dig on two hands. Sometimes for attacking a female member of my staff , once for throwing a female member of staff over a table and as I was beside them i jabbed them , put his nose round the side of his face and then just held him til police arrived. Once for battering two cops and two of my staff inside Priory nightclub so I had to put the two guys down and handcuff them with the cops handcuffs til their emergency response team arrived. Once as I was attacked with a knife , Once in a 48v3 brawl where it was hook them or be pummelled and the last time before I stopped as I couldn’t be assed anymore with crap like this. 5polish guys deciding to fight with me because I wouldn’t let them in in tracksuits and was on the door myself. Two punches and a gullotine later the other two ran off and I decided I was getting too old and the environment is too different to be safe as the regulations are pish. 

Now the only time I do anything doorwise is in my capacity as a consultant for the festivals we run. Iv always been a put you down pick you up tell you to wise up and get on with your day/night and behave or your too drunk go sober up and come back , mate your coming up so be safe type bouncer and thats how I expected my staff to behave.

There will always be an element of idiots doing it but now its idiots who think they are mma fighters who would shit themselves in a cage and who haven’t the ability to communicate or deal with situations so they grab punters or try and fight their way through without knowing how too. These are SIA licensed doorstaff not “bouncers” who have no clue , no ability , and do it for the “prestige” , they get into situations they can’t get out of and end up doing the wrong thing or panicking and doing something dangerous.

Rant over

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

That was a complete pain in the arse yesterday likes!

People ending a sentence with like or likes.

Edited by Cheile

One thing that is annoying the life out of me recently is the state of newsreaders, I remember when newsreaders (or anyone else on telly) looked immaculate, guys in a suit, shirt and tie with not a hair out of place, women in a suit or dress with prefect hair and makeup, now there's guy's without ties or badly tied ones, hair looks like their just out of their bed and half the women look like a 'sharon from HR' coming into work the day after the christmas night out in the day before's clothes!

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

One thing that is annoying the life out of me recently is the state of newsreaders, I remember when newsreaders (or anyone else on telly) looked immaculate, guys in a suit, shirt and tie with not a hair out of place, women in a suit or dress with prefect hair and makeup, now there's guy's without ties or badly tied ones, hair looks like their just out of their bed and half the women look like a 'sharon from HR' coming into work the day after the christmas night out in the day before's clothes!

Similar to many ‘respectable’ occupations nowadays sadly.  Bloody scruffs with their beards, open neck shirts, messy hair etc.

Imagine going into say, a bank, 20 years ago and the teller, or indeed the manager, looking like a bloody terrorist and probably with tattoos as well.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Similar to many ‘respectable’ occupations nowadays sadly.  Bloody scruffs with their beards, open neck shirts, messy hair etc.

Imagine going into say, a bank, 20 years ago and the teller, or indeed the manager, looking like a bloody terrorist and probably with tattoos as well.

I work on a garage forecourt and im better dressed, short hair, shaved, namebadge :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I work on a garage forecourt and im better dressed, short hair, shaved, namebadge :laugh:

Quite believe it Harold.

Harry Potter
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Quite believe it Harold.

Ha Ha, a lass came in yesterday with 3 flat tyres, honestly im going to write a book, pumped them all up :mellow:.

Dunno how far she got though.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Agreed and that's coming from someone that has a (well kept) beard and tattoo's (which can all be covered for work).

Few months ago I done a round of interviews and couldn't believe how many guys came in without a tie, i'd never dream of going for an interview without a tie on

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Agreed and that's coming from someone that has a (well kept) beard and tattoo's (which can all be covered for work).

Few months ago I done a round of interviews and couldn't believe how many guys came in without a tie, i'd never dream of going for an interview without a tie on

WE are lucky if they come in, never mind dress code.:mellow:.

20 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Thanks for taking my beard criticism ‘on the chin’ so to speak!  :D

Totally agree with you about the tie to an interview scenario by the way, quite ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

WE are lucky if they come in, never mind dress code.:mellow:.

:facepalm: You just cannae get the staff these days Monsieur Potter.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, a lass came in yesterday with 3 flat tyres, honestly im going to write a book, pumped them all up :mellow:.

Dunno how far she got though.

Your first line deserves a facepalm Harold but I will, in this instance, refrain.  :527:

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your first line deserves a facepalm Harold but I will, in this instance, refrain.  :527:

Worked there 5 years bud, 0ne flat , never two , but 3 , she was German, lovely, over

to visit pals, maybe 20 years ago, or not ha ha

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Rant over

But you got a few punches in every now and then so you can go home happy, otherwise it would have been a wasted night.

Several times I've seen them picking the weakest, shortest and quietest looking for a jolly good rough up or a bit of abuse, or just reject them altogether. Example: "Disabled teen denied entry to Newcastle bar by door staff who thought he was drunk".

Edited by peter_hmfc

29 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Worked there 5 years bud, 0ne flat , never two , but 3 , she was German, lovely, over

to visit pals, maybe 20 years ago, or not ha ha

You’re never too old Harry! :wink: 

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re never too old Harry! :wink: 

26 years married mate, not wasting that on a quicky :laugh:which it would be.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

26 years married mate, not wasting that on a quicky :laugh:which it would be.

:sadrobbo::D:D

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Ha Ha, a lass came in yesterday

:yas:

Long time since we've had a genuine 'Get her pumped :lol:

19 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

But you got a few punches in every now and then so you can go home happy, otherwise it would have been a wasted night.

Several times I've seen them picking the weakest, shortest and quietest looking for a jolly good rough up or a bit of abuse. Example: "Disabled teen denied entry to Newcastle bar by door staff who thought he was drunk".

You think thats what defines a night as being “a go home happy night” i suggest you get knives held to your throat , guns held to your head then decide if punching someone makes you feel a big man. A go home happy night is when you have a decent bit of banter and peace and quiet and until you meet someone most like to get laid if they can.

I’d happily of done 20years on the door and never lifted my hand. The fact I can , the fact I can cage fight , the fact im not a punchbag is absolutely irrelevant. It doesn’t make proper bouncers feel good , you get an adrenalin rush of course but anyone who just uses it as an excuse to punch people is disgusting. Often people don’t see the full situation in the lead up either. Would you stand there and be repeatably spat on by some little scumbag and be able to not react. 

Iv seen many disabled people refused entry because people are inexperienced or human errors happen. Quite often in a busy venue it can be hard in the split second you have to distinguish between disabled and drunk. Often a quick convo can sort that. With saying that though you also have to consider the venue how busy it is who they have with them the safety elements of it all as you have a duty of care. 

I already said the SIA has caused problems because communication is now very poor , people who gained respect because of size or ability tend to have left the door and its a poor bunch for the most part that are left. A group who aren’t able to deal with things mentally or physically and it has led to clubs becoming more dangerous and far more risky instead of what their purpose was. 

In every industry you get idiots and yes there are some but most are doorstaff or stewards not “bouncers” 

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Whats wrong with tattoos?

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

You think thats what defines a night as being “a go home happy night” i suggest you get knives held to your throat , guns held to your head then decide if punching someone makes you feel a big man. A go home happy night is when you have a decent bit of banter and piece and quiet and until you meet someone most like to get laid if they can.

I’d happily of done 20years on the door and never lifted my hand. The fact I can , the fact I can cage fight , the fact im not a punchbag is absolutely irrelevant. It doesn’t make proper bouncers feel good , you get an adrenalin rush of course but anyone who just uses it as an excuse to punch people is disgusting. Often people don’t see the full situation in the lead up either. Would you stand there and be repeatably spat on by some little scumbag and be able to not react. 

Iv seen many disabled people refused entry because people are inexperienced or human errors happen. Quite often in a busy venue it can be hard in the split second you have to distinguish between disabled and drunk. Often a quick convo can sort that. With saying that though you also have to consider the venue how busy it is who they have with them the safety elements of it all as you have a duty of care. 

I already said the SIA has caused problems because communication is now very poor , people who gained respect because of size or ability tend to have left the door and its a poor bunch for the most part that are left. A group who aren’t able to deal with things mentally or physically and it has led to clubs becoming more dangerous and far more risky instead of what their purpose was. 

In every industry you get idiots and yes there are some but most are doorstaff , stewards not “bouncers” 

Most idiots become doorstaff, stewards etc? Okay.

Quick Google search for "bouncer kills" brings up a few interesting results, but I'm guessing since we didn't see the whole story then let's just assume these people deserved to die. It's okay though, some just become heavily brain damaged, not that it matters to you.

If you want to drive fast and get away with it, become a policeman and try and get involved in a car chase.

If you want to kill small creatures, become an exterminator.

If you want to get away with violent thuggery, become a bouncer.

Edited by peter_hmfc

30 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Most idiots become doorstaff, stewards etc? Okay.

Quick Google search for "bouncer kills" brings up a few interesting results, but I'm guessing since we didn't see the whole story then let's just assume these people deserved to die. It's okay though, some just become heavily brain damaged, not that it matters to you.

If you want to drive fast and get away with it, become a policeman and try and get involved in a car chase.

If you want to kill small creatures, become an exterminator.

If you want to get away with violent thuggery, become a bouncer.

Your at it if you think that being a bouncer means people feel entitled to get away with violent thuggery. Iv seen people die on a door from doorstaff and from other punters iv also saved three peoples lives and seen a punter throw another customer over a balcony and seen all hands to the pump to save that persons life. That is extreme cases and as I have said most of these people are doorstaff or stewards and not “bouncers” theres a big difference. I am not and never have been a “crowd control technician” I have been a bouncer and iv worked places that would fear ya. As I said Iv had guns to my head , knives to my throat and yet iv never felt the need to be a big man. People who want a fight are not guys who other boucers can be arsed with or will put up with. We want an easy peaceful night. As i said the SIA has made it easy for people who are incapable to get a badge and not train them how to deal with things , from there these doorstaff are not able to handle things and either do something dangerous or do something wrong and put people at risk. 

If you say “doorstaff or steward” thats one thing don’t call these people bouncers. 

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Your at it if you think that being a bouncer means people feel entitled to get away with violent thuggery. Iv seen people die on a door from doorstaff and from other punters iv also saved three peoples lives and seen a punter throw another customer over a balcony and seen all hands to the pump to save that persons life. That is extreme cases and as I have said most of these people are doorstaff or stewards and not “bouncers” theres a big difference. I am not and never have been a “crowd control technician” I have been a bouncer and iv worked places that would fear ya. As I said Iv had guns to my head , knives to my throat and yet iv never felt the need to be a big man. People who want a fight are not guys who other boucers can be arsed with or will put up with. We want an easy peaceful night. As i said the SIA has made it easy for people who are incapable to get a badge and not train them how to deal with things , from there these doorstaff are not able to handle things and either do something dangerous or do something wrong and put people at risk. 

If you say “doorstaff or steward” thats one thing don’t call these people bouncers. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bouncers-brutal-attack-almost-killed-10049823

Keeping us safe.

It's nice you have little technical terms for them though, for when "thug", "bully" and "badly disguised murderer" get a bit boring to use.