The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

I P Knightley

Kents that sit down on the bus and throw the Metro on the floor that the previous kent has been too selfish to put back in the place you pick them out of.

The Metro does my absolute tits in. Fokkers read it and think it's perfectly acceptable just to lob it over their shoulder or leave it on the seat they've just left behind. Dirty scum fokkers wouldn't have done it with "newspapers" they'd bought in the old days. Somehow or other, being free makes it acceptable to litter with the Metro.

Here in London we get it twice a day as on the run home the same lazy, selfish fokkers do the exact same with the fokking Evening fokking Standard.

On occasions, when I have the absolute hump, I'll ask someone to take their litter with them.

The word "eatery" gives me the seethe. I hate it.

Me too. I've never heard it said out loud but, I swear to God, I'd do time if I ever did. Nasty, lazy tabloid word.

I just wouldn't go into a place if it described itself as one of those. Thankfully, my eating out tastes are sufficiently unsophisticated and unpretentious that I'm unlikely to have to put that to the test.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a seethe, more of a wtf. Reading had a minutes silence last night for my mate (who took his own life on Wednesday).

I read a comment on his Facebook that made me laugh. Someone said "his seat was empty". Well 'his' seat has had someone elses arse on it since he got a football banning order at the 2015 FA cup semi final when he stuck the head on someone.

I am in a grumpy mood so bear with me.

Probably been mentioned here before but today I could hardly get out of the office at lunchtime due to women showing off their newly born effin sprogs to all and sundry.

The arseholes looking on and cooing away with their 'ahhs'and their 'aws" and 'oh it looks just like it's dad' pish.

Get tae feck. The bairn is either looking at a sea of faces and thinking they are a shower of welts or sleeping.

We had three and never resorted to that guff.

:muggy:

Grumpy auld git.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Had one of those red cards from the postie telling me to collect a parcel from the sorting office today, and while I was out they tried to deliver another parcel! So now I have to go back again. I was only out for twenty minutes!

I am in a grumpy mood so bear with me.

Probably been mentioned here before but today I could hardly get out of the office at lunchtime due to women showing off their newly born effin sprogs to all and sundry.

The arseholes looking on and cooing away with their 'ahhs'and their 'aws" and 'oh it looks just like it's dad' pish.

Get tae feck. The bairn is either looking at a sea of faces and thinking they are a shower of welts or sleeping.

We had three and never resorted to that guff.

:muggy:

Maximum gear grindage. All the bursd in the office gathered round them in a circle making stupid cooing sounds and silly voices, while all the blokes are still at their desks trying to get on with their work. Inevitably the bairn has a meltdown and starts screeching and wailing at an eardrum piercing volume. GTF.

Had one of those red cards from the postie telling me to collect a parcel from the sorting office today, and while I was out they tried to deliver another parcel! So now I have to go back again. I was only out for twenty minutes!

:lol:

Stop annoying people then and folk will stop sending you jobbies in a box.

What really grinds my gears is that when the Royal Mail leave one of those cards, the parcel has gone to the sorting office in South Gyle Crescent.  I live within a 5 minute walk or so from the sorting office that is just off Slateford Road, so why the feck do they make me treck over to the Gyle?  I used to live in Colinton Road and the Slateford depot was still the nearest, but my undelivered parcels went to Russell Road.  It seems that the nearer I move to the Slateford depot, the further away they send my feckin' parcels.  No doubt if I ever buy a house in South Gyle, they'll start leaving my parcels in Slateford.

luckyBatistuta

Eh? you get two deliveries a day from your postie???

Sorry if this subject has already been broached, I only dip into this thread from time to time when I need to let off steam!

But these ****ing gastro pubs for the hipster community are doing my head in.  I've no doubt when they first started opening up, there was a novelty value, but now more and more decent boozers are being ruined by being transformed into one of these establishments.

They all look the bloody same for a start, stock a large range of 'craft' beers (the addition of the word 'craft' will add a quid to the cost of a pint), as well as 'boutique' spirits - every **** seems to be making gin these days, and all have their own unique bit of fruit or vegetable that you need to garnish it with.  You'll pay an extra quid or more for your measure of boutique gin.

Food is no longer served on plates, but on slabs of wood, or in shoes, or feck knows what else.  Every dish comes with optional pulled pork, or chorizo, or ham hock, and is served in a brioche bun (the use of a brioche bun will add a quid to the cost of your meal).  Meanwhile chips are now served in buckets, or mugs, and have to be double, or even triple fried (depending on how many times your chips have been fried, you can add 1 to 2 quid to their cost).  A pie is no longer a pie, it is an 'artisan' pie (the addition of the word 'artisan' will add at last 3 quid to the cost of your pie).

Enough is enough, please!

luckyBatistuta

Sorry if this subject has already been broached, I only dip into this thread from time to time when I need to let off steam!

But these ******* gastro pubs for the hipster community are doing my head in.  I've no doubt when they first started opening up, there was a novelty value, but now more and more decent boozers are being ruined by being transformed into one of these establishments.

They all look the bloody same for a start, stock a large range of 'craft' beers (the addition of the word 'craft' will add a quid to the cost of a pint), as well as 'boutique' spirits - every **** seems to be making gin these days, and all have their own unique bit of fruit or vegetable that you need to garnish it with.  You'll pay an extra quid or more for your measure of boutique gin.

Food is no longer served on plates, but on slabs of wood, or in shoes, or feck knows what else.  Every dish comes with optional pulled pork, or chorizo, or ham hock, and is served in a brioche bun (the use of a brioche bun will add a quid to the cost of your meal).  Meanwhile chips are now served in buckets, or mugs, and have to be double, or even triple fried (depending on how many times your chips have been fried, you can add 1 to 2 quid to their cost).  A pie is no longer a pie, it is an 'artisan' pie (the addition of the word 'artisan' will add at last 3 quid to the cost of your pie).

Fek'n hate those wee buckets they put the chips in...and these fekr'spost-25326-0-51259600-1476912889_thumb.jpgtoo, just an excuse to give you less for your money.

Posh burgers in rustic looking burger bars - they're shit, they're just mince fried in a mould on a poncey roll with ****ing rocket.

Oh aye, and rocket, which I believe is Finnish for "disgusting leaf"

Edited by Smithee

I P Knightley

But these ******* gastro pubs for the hipster community are doing my head in.  I've no doubt when they first started opening up, there was a novelty value, but now more and more decent boozers are being ruined by being transformed into one of these establishments.

Top quality rant, there. It deserves another read.

But these ******* gastro pubs for the hipster community are doing my head in. I've no doubt when they first started opening up, there was a novelty value, but now more and more decent boozers are being ruined by being transformed into one of these establishments.

They all look the bloody same for a start, stock a large range of 'craft' beers (the addition of the word 'craft' will add a quid to the cost of a pint), as well as 'boutique' spirits - every **** seems to be making gin these days, and all have their own unique bit of fruit or vegetable that you need to garnish it with. You'll pay an extra quid or more for your measure of boutique gin.

Food is no longer served on plates, but on slabs of wood, or in shoes, or feck knows what else. Every dish comes with optional pulled pork, or chorizo, or ham hock, and is served in a brioche bun (the use of a brioche bun will add a quid to the cost of your meal). Meanwhile chips are now served in buckets, or mugs, and have to be double, or even triple fried (depending on how many times your chips have been fried, you can add 1 to 2 quid to their cost). A pie is no longer a pie, it is an 'artisan' pie (the addition of the word 'artisan' will add at last 3 quid to the cost of your pie).

Damn those pubs for selling proper beer. Plenty places for you to go and buy piss water.

Damn those pubs for selling proper beer. Plenty places for you to go and buy piss water.

How's the beard coming along?

Dagger Is Back

People who go online find ask daft questions like 'What time is x on at the Odeob?'

Customers who ask is tomorrow's class on. Yes that's why I sent you an email two weeks ago,

What day/time did I book myself on to that course? I've sent you two emails!

Take some responsibility and get yourself organised.

It's getting conditioned and oiled tonight, I'll be happier with it then.

A conditioned and oiled beard :facepalm:

A beard :vrface:

Edited by Morgan

People who go online find ask daft questions like 'What time is x on at the Odeob?'

Customers who ask is tomorrow's class on. Yes that's why I sent you an email two weeks ago,

What day/time did I book myself on to that course? I've sent you two emails!

Take some responsibility and get yourself organised.

Now that is a daft question!    ;)

"conditioned and oiled"

LISTEN TO YOURSELF, MAN !!!

:raging:

My assumption was that IJ was joshing ever so slightly, but if he actually 1) has a hipster beard, and 2) conditions and oils it, then he deserves all the abuse he gets.

Either way, I tend to agree with his post: whilst I'm no great fan of gastro / hipster / craft-beer pubs, I'd much rather drink somewhere that had an interesting selection of beers and that had a laid-back, easy-going, atmosphere, rather than some of the more "traditional" pubs which have none of the above. I'm also not so sure that all that many "decent boozers" are actually closed then re-opened as gastro / hipster / craft-beer pubs: most of the ones I know where this has happened to were shite anyway and in dire need of a transformation.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

What really grinds my gears is that when the Royal Mail leave one of those cards, the parcel has gone to the sorting office in South Gyle Crescent.  I live within a 5 minute walk or so from the sorting office that is just off Slateford Road, so why the feck do they make me treck over to the Gyle?  I used to live in Colinton Road and the Slateford depot was still the nearest, but my undelivered parcels went to Russell Road.  It seems that the nearer I move to the Slateford depot, the further away they send my feckin' parcels.  No doubt if I ever buy a house in South Gyle, they'll start leaving my parcels in Slateford.

Yeah, same in Leith, it is a pain in the hoop, need to collect from an industrial estate in Portobello ffs

Cyclists that are so arrogant that they don't respect the safety of others get on my tits. Nobody would admit to owning this hunk of junk so I cut the chain off. The owners lucky the cutters went through the chain as I'd have cut the frame if need be.

IMG_20161021_102743.jpg

Oops

IMG_20161021_102900.jpg

Walter Payton

Cyclists that are so arrogant that they don't respect the safety of others get on my tits. Nobody would admit to owning this hunk of junk so I cut the chain off. The owners lucky the cutters went through the chain as I'd have cut the frame if need be.

IMG_20161021_102743.jpg

Oops

IMG_20161021_102900.jpg

Not arguing with you, but in what way was the bike owner not respecting the safety of others? I'm not understanding that from your post. 

I did laugh at your "hunk of junk" comment- pretty sure that bike retails at ?2500 :lol:

IMG_20161021_102743.jpg

Oops

IMG_20161021_102900.jpg

Have I missed something here?

What was the problem that justified you damaging someone's property?

Not arguing with you, but in what way was the bike owner not respecting the safety of others? I'm not understanding that from your post.

I did laugh at your "hunk of junk" comment- pretty sure that bike retails at ?2500 :lol:

For one it was locked to my train in an area that's part of a fire escape route. It's also blocking the safety equipment in front of it and to the right hand side of it. It is actually against the terms of its carriage to lock it and the owner will be well aware of this.

I'd have let it go and just had a word when it was collected if it hadn't been exactly where it is.

Edited by IronJambo

For one it was locked to my train in an area that's part of a fire escape route. It's also blocking the safety equipment in front of it and to the right hand side of it. It is actually against the terms of its carriage to lock it and the owner will be well aware of this.

I'd have let it go and just had a word when it was collected if it hadn't been exactly where it is.

Didn't the guy park it in the place where bikes go?

:cornette:

Admittedly I can't tell much from the picture, but from what I can see it's not blocking anything or causing any sorts of safety problems... can you expand on these safety issues?

Was the only solution really to vandalise someone else's property? Given that you have left the bike there, all this means is that the bike is more likely to be stolen. That is very expensive bike btw.

Seriously... wtf. Even more crazy is that you have posted evidence of your crime online. And yes, vandalism is a crime.

What equipment is it blocking exactly? From the picture you have posted it is partially blocking a ladder, but if we're being honest the bike being there wouldn't slow down anything in an emergency situation.

Also, you say it is part of a fire escape route, then can you explain why there is already several objects blocking the route (the metal frame, the ladders etc.). Infact, only the bikes back wheel is taking up a wee extra bit room.

Find this pretty mental to be honest.

Admittedly I can't tell much from the picture, but from what I can see it's not blocking anything or causing any sorts of safety problems... can you expand on these safety issues?

Was the only solution really to vandalise someone else's property? Given that you have left the bike there, all this means is that the bike is more likely to be stolen. That is very expensive bike btw.

Seriously... wtf. Even more crazy is that you have posted evidence of your crime online. And yes, vandalism is a crime.

There's safety equipment in the box in front of it. You really can't see the ladders on the right? How long a delay in reaching the ladders to help people out the train if there's a fire/accident is acceptable to you? How many potential lives are acceptable for that? Any fallout like the above is on ME. That could even mean jail time. I made several announcements looking for the owner and walked through every coach twice shouting out so I could get the lock removed with no damage.

Walter Payton

To be fair, it does look like safety equipment behind the bike. While the chances of needing to access it are probably slim, you definitely don't want to be wasting time looking for bolt cutters in the event that you do actually need to use the equipment in a genuine emergency. 

As a cyclist (albeit one who's never taken my bike on a train) I wasn't aware of the requirement not to padlock bikes but it seems logical. A quick google of train company websites and it's clear enough on most when booking your bike on that you should use the velcro provided rather than locking it. I understand why IJ did what he did. 

Walter Payton

There's safety equipment in the box in front of it. You really can't see the ladders on the right? How long a delay in reaching the ladders to help people out the train if there's a fire/accident is acceptable to you? How many potential lives are acceptable for that? Any fallout like the above is on ME. That could even mean jail time. I made several announcements looking for the owner and walked through every coach twice shouting out so I could get the lock removed with no damage.

Typed my response while you posted this, but seems about right!

You seem upset, you ok? :D

IJ you're looking a bit petty at the moment if I'm being honest. I'm sure there's background to this that would make us all agree with you, but to the casual observer that bikes chained at the front, in the provided bike rack, and it looks like you can swing the back wheel out of the way if you needed to get to the ladder and what have you.

Edited by Smithee

Салатные палочки

Surely the bike rack shouldn't be located in front of safety equipment in the first place?

This.  Therefore avoiding this situation completely.  

If this really is part of a fire escape route as you claim, then why is there already tonnes of crap there? Surely such a route should be kept clear of everything, not just the bike (i.e. the large metal frame, the ladders, the other object etc.)

Lets be completely honest here. Looking at the bike and where it is positioned, it would have no impact at all on the speed of obtaining the ladders or the safety box you speak of. Regardless, I find the positioning of such 'important' safety equipment a bit odd, given that this is apparently a fire escape route.

Also, as you can see it's only the back wheel that is taking up slightly more additional room (the metal frame is the object taking up the most room), so again the bike really isn't having an affect on how many people could pass through this 'fire route' in an emergency.

Edited by Solid Snake

Surely the bike rack shouldn't be located in front of safety equipment in the first place?

Yeah, and if those spaces aren't to be used, maybe block them or put a wee sign up. We don't all think like railway employees and it's pretty tight to call the guy inconsiderate when all he's done is park his bike in an allocated space

Edited by Smithee

I was about to give you absolute pelters before I re-read your post:

I made several announcements looking for the owner and walked through every coach twice shouting out so I could get the lock removed with no damage. 

In which case, everything you did was justified, and I apologise for being one button click away from tearing you a new one (and subsequently making myself look like a ****) :lol:

Why would they put the bike rack there in the first place though?

Edited by tian447

In which case, everything you did was justified, and I apologise for being one button click away from tearing you a new one (and subsequently making myself look like a ****) :lol:

I don't see how it is justified. He could have swung the back wheel out of the way in 2 seconds flat IF access to emergency equipment was actually the priority - only the front end was chained.

Instead he made a song and dance out of it, traipsed up and down the train to find someone to bollock then damaged sometimes property. I bet that all took longer than 2 seconds.

Am I the only person who's fallen asleep on a train or had headphones in by the way?

It's a 40 year old train, things like that weren't thought about back then.