The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

People who steal your toast out the conveyor belt toaster thing when you are having a buffet breakfast at a hotel.

Sub-human scum.

This actually happens? :arry:

Stab-worthy behaviour.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor

People who steal your toast out the conveyor belt toaster thing when you are having a buffet breakfast at a hotel.

Sub-human scum.

Wait til you get your toast then turn the thermostat all the way down so everyone else has to put their toast through two or three times :smug:

If I knew how to insert a facepalm here i'd do it. I'm a receptionist , don't want to say where I work (not a doctors surgery) and wish i could let you guys shadow me for a week and i'm sure you'd appreciate how difficult it can be in dealing with clients or customers who can often be really rude when receptionists are only doing their job. Rude people often shoot the messenger (me!) when they're unhappy with a situation. As a receptionist i treat people with respect but often don't get that back as some don't like the rules/situation they find themselves in so i get the abuse. Next time you get angry at a receptionist have a think before you give her grief, she doesn't make the rules. If you do find a receptionist's attitude to be bad bring this to the attention of the practise manager.

Sexist imho

:lol:

We've done this before. Receptionists at doctors are brutal and, in my experience, usually ignorant. That's across two surgeries.

Any public facing job you're going to meet idiots. No need to take that out on everyone though.

I've been going to the same doctors surgery for 22 years and have seen a lot of receptionist come and go. Apart from one soor faced female (who wasn't unhelpful or a bitch) I've never found any of them to be ignorant. And I agree with the no need to take it out on everyone comment. I've often been verbally abused by a client when I've told them there is no appointments on the day they want or that they'll have a wait to be seen, and it's not easy when that's been done in a busy waiting room, when you have a line of people waiting to be seen ,your face is red with embarrassment with the humiliation, your hearts pounding in your chest and you cant hold a pen properly as your hands are shaking so much. It's hard to smile at the next person you deal with but I do because the decent people far outweigh the arseholes.

Susan presuming that you get more hassle working in Dr's surgery than you do in a busy city centre bar or hospitality etc...where you are paid less/by the hour/work overtime for free and have to put a smiling face on for the customers sometimes in the threat of physical violence.

But I come in and say, "hello, I have an appointment at 10:30" and they are absolute witches about it, without fail.

Scott I worked as a hotel receptionist for years and could count on the one hand the number of abusive people I had to deal with. The clients who use doctors surgeries (and in a similar environment) are a different kettle of fish altogether and I totally get that. Most are either ill or stressed and seem to have a very short fuse when they don't get what they want. Receptionists are often the ones who get their anger. Genuine question - what do they say or do to you that turns them into a witch?

Don't you know they are busy? Because a Dr asked them to file a prescription and they also have to deal with someone coming through the door. That's two things they have to action at the same time and the stress must be taken out on innocent bystanders.

How Dr's receptionists percieve their own job:

stock-traders.jpg

Reality:

grumpy-receptionist.jpeg

:lol: In my doctors surgery they have a new check yourself in system that bypasses the reception team. It's a small screen that's fixed o the wall and you just tap in your details and this lets the doctor know your in. That would suit you eh! Imagine - no witches to deal with and the witches would have no arseholes to deal with - win win!!

I did two days work experience as a GP receptionist once. Wasn't that hard.

The admin side is a piece of cake, rude people make it a difficult job imo

Arnold Rothstein

People at this side of the Atlantic refering to Series as Season, people pronouncing H(Aitch) as Haitch and ji as jay , sorry but these things rip my knitting.

'Ji' is horrendous. Instantly makes me think the person is an imbecile. It's quite a Scottish trait.

I've never dealt with a male receptionist in a doctors surgery Ribble, have you?

No but then i've never set foot inside a GP's surgery in over 15 years. Are you saying it's a female only job?

This isn't the desired maternal attitude.

This isn't the desired maternal attitude.

I think you'll find that treating people with respect is the desired maternal attitude.

Maybe you're in the wrong job then?

Just a thought...

Question for you Cigaro- If you had a bad meal in a restaurant would you be verbally abusive to the waiter? If you bought a shirt that was damaged from a shop would you verbally abuse the sales assistant? If you were over charged at the check out for an item would you verbally abuse the check out operator? My point is that Receptionists only do their job, if they cant give you an appointment on the day you want or advise you that you'll have to wait to be seen and you're not happy with that why be abusive to her? Put any complaints you have about her in writing to the practise manager. We don't often get complaints in my work but when we do we don't see that as a negative - it's information that the clients not happy and work out what can we do to make the situation better for them.

The admin side is a piece of cake, rude people make it a difficult job imo

Didn't encounter any rudeness, maybe it was just the surgery I was in though.

As an aside, 'Jay'.

No but then i've never set foot inside a GP's surgery in over 15 years. Are you saying it's a female only job?

No, just saying I've seen a male receptionist in a doctors surgery.

'Ji' is horrendous. Instantly makes me think the person is an imbecile. It's quite a Scottish trait.

That's how I say it. I'm not an imbecile but oddly I am Scottish.

Question for you Cigaro- If you had a bad meal in a restaurant would you be verbally abusive to the waiter? If you bought a shirt that was damaged from a shop would you verbally abuse the sales assistant? If you were over charged at the check out for an item would you verbally abuse the check out operator? My point is that Receptionists only do their job, if they cant give you an appointment on the day you want or advise you that you'll have to wait to be seen and you're not happy with that why be abusive to her? Put any complaints you have about her in writing to the practise manager. We don't often get complaints in my work but when we do we don't see that as a negative - it's information that the clients not happy and work out what can we do to make the situation better for them.

I've never abused a receptionist for saying there's no appointments. :lol: that's not my issue with them. My issue is their seemingly consistent ignorance. It's not their job to continue their conversation rather than speak to the 'client', nor is it their job to completely ignore the 'client' when they approach the desk.

All of your examples are problems with products that the person in question has no control over. A receptionist has control over their attitude.

I've never abused a receptionist for saying there's no appointments. :lol: that's not my issue with them. My issue is their seemingly consistent ignorance. It's not their job to continue their conversation rather than speak to the 'client', nor is it their job to completely ignore the 'client' when they approach the desk.

All of your examples are problems with products that the person in question has no control over. A receptionist has control over their attitude.

So next time you're pissed off at the receptionists attitude do something about it. Just a thought.........

So next time you're pissed off at the receptionists attitude do something about it. Just a thought.........

I'm complaining on here. What more do you want?!

I've been going to the same doctors surgery for 22 years and have seen a lot of receptionist come and go. Apart from one soor faced female (who wasn't unhelpful or a bitch) I've never found any of them to be ignorant. And I agree with the no need to take it out on everyone comment. I've often been verbally abused by a client when I've told them there is no appointments on the day they want or that they'll have a wait to be seen, and it's not easy when that's been done in a busy waiting room, when you have a line of people waiting to be seen ,your face is red with embarrassment with the humiliation, your hearts pounding in your chest and you cant hold a pen properly as your hands are shaking so much. It's hard to smile at the next person you deal with but I do because the decent people far outweigh the arseholes.

You should probably see a doctor, they may be able to give you something for the anxiety!

terrible_groaning_noise

When you get your hands on the last programme on Gorgie road then carefully protect said programme through several pubs, a train journey, a taxi ride only to leave it in your local because you are so p!ssed and find it has been chored by some ^^^^

Snake Plissken

Got to the gym this morning to find it was closed. :muggy:

It used to be every fourth Monday, now they've decided to make it every two. Seriously, what kind of bullshit is that? It's supposed to be a 24 hour gym FFS.

Got to the gym this morning to find it was closed. :muggy:

It used to be every fourth Monday, now they've decided to make it every two. Seriously, what kind of bullshit is that? It's supposed to be a 24 hour gym FFS.

chuck berrys hairline

When you sound out the alphabet you say "jai" never heard anyine say "jay" unless they've been americanised by imbeciles.

When you sound out the alphabet you say "jai" never heard anyine say "jay" unless they've been americanised by imbeciles.

I-J-K

Aye-Jai-Kay

Aye-Jay-Kay

I know which sounds most natural to me.

Slevinkelevra

People who sit and watch what your doing on the machines at the bookies! Sitting playing their own game but constantly looking at your game!!! Or those who stand and look over your shoulder and then make comments bout " how (un)lucky" you were.

BoJack Horseman

People at this side of the Atlantic refering to Series as Season, people pronouncing H(Aitch) as Haitch and ji as jay , sorry but these things rip my knitting.

Jai is only acceptable when talking about the Jai Tee's. Any other instance it is Jay. You're right about Aitch.

We've done the series/season thing. Breaking Bad is a cracking series, it ran for 5 seasons.

BoJack Horseman

Arseholes that can't sit still at the cinema. Paid almost ?15 to go see Interstellar at the imax on Saturday. The place is sold out, the seats are allocated, ramjet sitting in my seat for no apparent reason. Get him shifted up to his own seat which turns out be the one next to mine. Couldn't make his mind up if he wanted to use the arm rest we shared or not, so put his arm on and off it repeatedly through all the adverts, poking me with his elbow as he did so. I wasn't using the rest. Then started doing that shakey leg thing that ADHD ridden adults are known for, first with one leg, then with both, matching the resonance of my seat and causing it to shake. Told him to stop it, which he kind of did. He then tries nattering to his pals the entire film. None of them took him on, clearly intent on watching the film they'd paid to see, but he kept trying. Wasn't getting a bite so he starts to commentate on the film itself, pointing out when he'd figured out key plot points that have just been spelt out for the entire audience as if he was some savant that had pieced it all together ahead of time, exclaiming "I TOLD YOU!" when his obvious suspicions were confirmed. I can put up with the occasional whisper, plenty folk do it, but had to tell him to shut it when he went into a full on monologue to explain the entire film to his pals who clearly didn't need it explained to them.

Really can't abide by folk that don't have the basic self awareness to know when they're being a grade A prick.

I P Knightley

Or they've been to school. :)

I was at Uni with a girl who just couldn't say "Jay" for the letter. Tried getting her to say the alphabet 5 times in a row saying "Jay" but by the third or fourth, she always lapsed into the incorrect way of saying it.

Jai is only acceptable when talking about the Jai Tee's. Any other instance it is Jay. You're right about Aitch.

We've done the series/season thing. Breaking Bad is a cracking series, it ran for 5 seasons.

Must be a new thing, seems we're turning into the USA, well I wonder who'll be the new leader of the Scottish Labor Party, it's jai not jay, I take it's zee now anaw, it's aitch, jai , and zed awright :)

Or they've been to school. :)

I was at Uni with a girl who just couldn't say "Jay" for the letter. Tried getting her to say the alphabet 5 times in a row saying "Jay" but by the third or fourth, she always lapsed into the incorrect way of saying it.

what are they teaching at school now, the American Alphabet?.

BoJack Horseman

Must be a new thing, seems we're turning into the USA, well I wonder who'll be the new leader of the Scottish Labor Party, it's jai not jay, I take it's zee now anaw, it's aitch, jai , and zed awright :)

Unfortunately we're not that separate a nation from the US any more... aussieh. With the advent of the 6th television channel, the world wide web, and an abundance of social media channels, the cultures of the US and UK have merged significantly. We pick up a lot of theirs, and they pick up some of ours. It's not that modern a phenomenon. Today's youth are perpetually exposed to the american culture, and grow up seeing it no different to our own. You can no longer cherry pick the bits you like and the bits you don't. Face it dude, your kids are going to a totally awesome prom when they graduate high school.

You must shake with rage anytime this boy shows up.

300x300.jpg

JAI ZED in the hoose.

Unfortunately we're not that separate a nation from the US any more... aussieh. With the advent of the 6th television channel, the world wide web, and an abundance of social media channels, the cultures of the US and UK have merged significantly. We pick up a lot of theirs, and they pick up some of ours. It's not that modern a phenomenon. Today's youth are perpetually exposed to the american culture, and grow up seeing it no different to our own. You can no longer cherry pick the bits you like and the bits you don't. Face it dude, your kids are going to a totally awesome prom when they graduate high school.

You must shake with rage anytime this boy shows up.

300x300.jpg

JAI ZED in the hoose.

:rofl: quality

Arnold Rothstein

If you said the letter "jai" outside of Scotland i'm pretty sure no one would have a fecking clue what you were talking about. As above, it's "jay". Have a wee browse online if you still think different.

If you said the letter "jai" outside of Scotland i'm pretty sure no one would have a fecking clue what you were talking about. As above, it's "jay". Have a wee browse online if you still think different.

Wrong

Jay, is American English

Arnold Rothstein

Wrong

Jay, is American English

Proof please. 'Jai' isn't English of any sort, American or otherwise.

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

"Constanant please Rachel"

"That's Jai."

Never.

Its j, sounds like I, what do u called Hearts , the jay tees, no

NEVER.

"Constanant please Rachel"

"That's Jai."

Never.

your right,

Never, thats because its consonant

Edited by aussieh

Arnold Rothstein

Its j, sounds like I, what do u called Hearts , the jay tees, no

NEVER.

You must be trolling. Everyone you know and hear speak says'jai'?

Arnold Rothstein

your right,

Never, thats because its consonant

Haha. Picking up on someone's spelling while spelling a word incorrectly yourself. Lovely.