Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a similar vein.

People who pronounce the word "film".....FILUM. Where is the U in film??

Filum is the proper way to say Film as is Aliba for the written Alba.

The Great Khali

Thats just reminded me.

Why do some people clap when a plane's just landed?

:lol:

I've been known to start a clap just to see if any folk join in... They always do.

I then give a few shouts of "YEAH" "WOOOO" to see if folk join in.... They do :lol:

The quiff look and poncy shirts buttoned right up to the top that every bellend/creepy rapist type guy is sporting these days.

Body-warmers. When did they become acceptable to wear? Anyone seen in public in a body-warmer was always ridiculed but now it seems to be accepted, even fashionable.

The quiff look and poncy shirts buttoned right up to the top that every bellend/creepy rapist type guy is sporting these days.

Body-warmers. When did they become acceptable to wear? Anyone seen in public in a body-warmer was always ridiculed but now it seems to be accepted, even fashionable.

And they have changed the name too. As with jogging bottoms.

These items were not acceptable fashion accessories first time a round and should still be shunned.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm no longer in the trade but see when I was behind a bar there was nothing more infuriating than punters telling you how to pour a pint, who to serve next or that a perfectly fizzy pint of lager was flat.

I was ready to raise my hands to some of these arseholes on a couple of occasions. Thinking they could do my job better than me because they worked in the Grays Mill twenty years ago.

I don't give special respect to the elderly, I give respect to everyone I meet until they do.something to make me stop.

People who use Twitter to just get more followers. What do you do when you've got all these followers? Beg for more of course. No discourse, just a timeline clogged with RT FOR A SHOUTOUT #TEAMFOLLOWBACK

People that don't like the music I like. Sorry but you're just wrong.

Spelling/grammar police on the internet. Stop being so ******* boring. I choose to write correctly, so do you. If someone doesn't why are you so superior as to smugly call them out on every misplaced comma, missing apostophe or using the wrong word?

People who know nothing about Scottish football giving it 'Hearts are bust' chat for longer than ten minutes. Cool, if you've only caught a bit about us on ssn I can understand why you might have formed that opinion but Christ, after I've spoken to you at length about the club and how Tynecastle's not being turned into flats and, outside of the old firm, we're quite successful thank you, at least pretend to have taken in what I've said.

My sister.

Apostrophe.

::troll:::'>

:lol:

I've been known to start a clap just to see if any folk join in... They always do.

I then give a few shouts of "YEAH" "WOOOO" to see if folk join in.... They do :lol:

So its you. :badmood:

Can I get all your holiday details so I'm never on a flight with you. :biggrin:

No it isn't.

Aye it is. If you speak in a Scottish dialect. There is an actual word for pronouncing an extra vowel, but I'm buggered if I can remember it. Someone on here, far better educated than me, will know it though.

Aye it is. If you speak in a Scottish dialect. There is an actual word for pronouncing an extra vowel, but I'm buggered if I can remember it. Someone on here, far better educated than me, will know it though.

It isn't supposed to be pronounced that way though. Just because a load of Scottish people mispronounce it like that doesn't mean that it is correct.

My mrs has an elocution degree and informs me it is pronounced fillum. And poem is pronounced po-yum.

Not that it matters.

My mrs has an elocution degree and informs me it is pronounced fillum. And poem is pronounced po-yum.

Not that it matters.

Thank you and your good lady

It isn't supposed to be pronounced that way though. Just because a load of Scottish people mispronounce it like that doesn't mean that it is correct.

It's to do with the local dialect and accent how words like film are pronounced, I'm sure the "mispronunciation" isn't just localised in Scotland either.

Pronunciations like this shouldn't get people worked up :lol:

Not that it matters.

Bursd in talking sh1te shocker!

Anyway, more annoying than any mispronunciation is people just using completely the wrong word.

There's a bursd at my work who calls a radiator a "fire". :facepalm:

Bursd in talking sh1te shocker!

Anyway, more annoying than any mispronunciation is people just using completely the wrong word.

There's a bursd at my work who calls a radiator a "fire". :facepalm:

Sorry have to disagree again. Couldn't keep a straight face when my late father in law was looking for the "control tower" to change the program on the telly, and my mum is a inexhaustible mine of these too.

Optimus Prime

When sending a parcel at the Post Office being asked by the jobsworth behind the counter what's the nature of the item you are sending/it's value.............err it's none of your ******* business pal.

Edited by Optimus Prime

When sending a parcel at the Post Office being asked by the jobsworth behind the counter what's the nature of the item you are sending/it's value.............err it's none of your ******* business pal.

The value determines whether said jobsworth should advise you to send it by either recorded or special delivery. They're not just being nosey!

Sergio Garcia

The value determines whether said jobsworth should advise you to send it by either recorded or special delivery. They're not just being nosey!

And here was me thinking it was to see if it was worth them bothering to chore it :curtain:

Many people in Scotland say 'fillum' , as do people in Northern Ireland.

Many people in Scotland pronounce the name 'Charles' as 'Charrulz,' while many people in England pronounce it more 'Chaahz.'

It's not right or wrong, it's just how people speak.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Many people in Scotland say 'fillum' , as do people in Northern Ireland.

Many people in Scotland pronounce the name 'Charles' as 'Charrulz,' while many people in England pronounce it more 'Chaahz.'

It's not right or wrong, it's just how people speak.

I'm personally a little bit astounded that folk are so genuinely annoyed about accents to be honest... I find the way the Queen talks to be a bit nippy in all honesty.

And do you think that anyone in the entire world actually speaks in this fashion?

I say you bounder, stop being a cad. I think the poster has been telt. :curtain:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Mispronunciations does my head in. Worked with a guy for a year who would pronounce the word "consumer" as "conshumer" Part of his job was dealing with domestic electrical installations in new build houses so "conshumer" units were mentioned about 10 times a day. I wanted to tear his tongue out!

Bad manners are my worst seethe inducer. If I start on that I'll be here all night...

Craig Gordons Gloves

Americans trying to correct how we pronounce our youngest son's name. Dropping him off at preschool the other day and one of the mothers says "and who is this?" (in a friendly way i should add). I say - "Fraser". She looks at me and says "oh, you mean Frasier".... "No" says I, "Fraser". "Yes" she says "Frasier". "No" i repeat "It's FRASER". **** me, honestly - like i'm going to pronounce my own kids name wrong. Daft ****.

And the bitch in Starbucks when i asked for a medium coffee corrects my friggin accent. I'm going to go into the store one day and assault her.

The Indians that work in my office that gather round the place at the coffee shop where the milk is and take forever to put milk and sugar in whatever they are drinking and have friggin life changing conversations at the same time. Hurry up!!

Jay Leno

Finally - the guy that sits in the finance dept a few desks away from me (big open plan office) who talks shite all day in a loud voice. I hate him, i'm going to do a jobby in his drawer and then punch his head repeatedly if he doesn't shut the feck up.

Seymour M Hersh

The massive over use and out of context use of the word absolutely.

Estuary English speakers inabiliy to put their tongues under their top teeth to pronounce th properly.

The City of Edinburgh Council for completely ******* the city up with their vanity project. I want to see some of them (Dawes for one) in the jail for this. ?1.6b for 7 ******* miles of toy town ******* railway!!

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

My long-distance relationship. The distance is an absolute killer!

Having a dislocated shoulder, first time I've done it and its badword agony. Physio's a ****o.

**** all being on tv during the week.

Gash painkillers.

My long-distance relationship. The distance is an absolute killer!

Having a dislocated shoulder, first time I've done it and its badword agony. Physio's a ****o.

**** all being on tv during the week.

Gash painkillers.

Are the first two problems related per chance? ;)

Jonathan Davies- prick.

Jeremy Guscott- smug prick.

John Inverdale- no-necked prick.

I'll leave the rest of you to seethe on.....

****s that come up to the bar and ask for a pint of Peroni and then look like I've just asked them if I can shag their daughter when I ask them for ?4.85

People that order about fifteen drinks and finish off with "oh aye, and 2 pints of Guinness"

People that come up to the bar with a list of 15 drinks and try to give them to you 1 at a time. Give me the fecking list and I'll make them for you, you moron.

People that stand at the bar, getting in the way of everyone else needing served and then expect to get served whenever they want just because they're stood at the bar.

I guarantee I'll have to deal with all the above this weekend.

Insurance companies.

Money in shares making ?1.27 per year interest.

People who write "of" instead of "off". Also getting "they're", "their", "there" wrong.

People who spell Tennents, Tennants.

Shaving.

The noise that Tesco delivery vans make when they reverse.

Playing 5-a-sides with people who have no idea how to play. I don't mean being able to pass or shoot. If someone's crap at football I can understand that. It's the idiots who have no idea about tracking runners, stopping the other team playing easy one-twos and trying to beat the entire team themselves that I can't stand.

Sellick fans.

Not being able to sleep when I'm tired and it's all I want to do.

And do you think that anyone in the entire world actually speaks in this fashion?

I'm not debating whether the entire world speaks like that. Of course it doesn't.

It is however the correct pronunciation of the word, sans-superfluous "u". Filum sounds stupid and is not the correct way to say the word. That is what was being debated.

blondejamtart

Thats just reminded me.

Why do some people clap when a plane's just landed?

This - absolute morons! Has me seething in my seat every flippin' time. Do they clap when the bus arrives at the bus stop, or when the train arrives at the station! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! And has anyone noticed it's always worse on Glasgow flights...

Svarabhakti.

BoJack Horseman

This modern trend of using 'of' rather than 'have' - e.g. 'He should of remembered' - Where on EARTH did that abuse of the English language come from? Disgusting. The mark of the uneducated.

There was a guy at the semi with the print on his top that said "Should of been" and the number 10 below it. I appreciated the sentiment but was enraged that neither his mates nor the printers corrected him.

You think wrong, since I am clearly correct.

OK Alba is the stick on word for this. It is pronounced Aliba. Not just by thicko's like me but even the BBC, who run a station called BBC Alba, call it BBC Aliba.

Also Mrs 2aFish(!) has a degree in relation to the subject and Creepy Lurker was Professor Lurker to French kids last year. Both back me up.

Now I know another jkb member who hasn't posted yet, and has a brain the size of a small planet, agreed with you because we had the same talk in Florida,but came round to the right way of thinking after me and his Mrs/my Sister in Law, got him telt.

OK Alba is the stick on word for this. It is pronounced Aliba. Not just by thicko's like me but even the BBC, who run a station called BBC Alba, call it BBC Aliba.

Also Mrs 2aFish(!) has a degree in relation to the subject and Creepy Lurker was Professor Lurker to French kids last year. Both back me up.

Now I know another jkb member who hasn't posted yet, and has a brain the size of a small planet, agreed with you because we had the same talk in Florida,but came round to the right way of thinking after me and his Mrs/my Sister in Law, got him telt.

What does alba have to do with anything? We're talking about the correct pronunciation of the english word "film", not some gaelic channel.

Alba is Gaelic. A completely different language.

BoJack Horseman

What does alba have to do with anything? We're talking about the correct pronunciation of the english word "film", not some gaelic channel.

Someone is trying to argue that film is pronounced "filum"?