Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patrick Bateman

This modern trend of using 'of' rather than 'have' - e.g. 'He should of remembered' - Where on EARTH did that abuse of the English language come from? Disgusting. The mark of the uneducated.

This modern trend of using 'of' rather than 'have' - e.g. 'He should of remembered' - Where on EARTH did that abuse of the English language come from? Disgusting. The mark of the uneducated.

Should've, when spoken, sounds like should of.

Senior members of staff that delegate their work to you 10 mins before you should finish and then swan off themselves while you're still working.

People that constantly complain they hate their job but do nothing about it.

The fat one in the office that's always blabbering inanely about how she's following the weight watchers guide so carefully but you clock her standing outside Greggs tucking into a steak bake.

The nippy lassy in the office that adds the prefix 'I was like...' at the start of every sentence.

You may say today has been a bad day at the office :lol:

Creepy Lurker

People who make sweeping generalisations. :rolleyes:

I suspect that you may find that this thread isn't really the place for you.

Yeah this is a bug bear of mine too.

When I got my new class in August about two thirds of them were doing this in their writing!

The Great Khali

When I pay by card in a shop and the person serving takes my card from my hand and puts it in the machine for me - even though the machine is on MY side of the till, is facing ME and I know perfectly well how to put it in myself. I don't know why this has started to upset me as much as it has done but it's doing my head in. I've started snatching my hand away and snippily telling them that I'm happy to do it myself, like a right narky bizzum. Probably think I'm nuts.

They're not actually allowed to do that so you're perfectly entitled to tell them to piss off.

That's the whole point in the chip and pin machines. No one else should have to touch your card.

I have a mate who uses of instead of have on Facebook at every single opportunity. I pull him up everytime. His excuse is that he is just typing how he speaks. Eh naw. You aren't. If that was the case you would type 'uv' ya tosser.

:seething:

Tram lovers

Cyclists on pavements/without lights/no HV vest

young whippersnappers who don't show proper respect to their elders

Shop assistants who ignore you to continue a conversation with a colleague

Bar staff who wipe beer of the bar with a wet cloth - that's just not going to work

Cafes that are turned into creches by mums and babies

the 20 MPH speed limit trial in Edinburgh

That's enough to be going on with.

young whippersnappers who don't show proper respect to their elders

On the flipside of that, "elders" showing no respect for people younger than them.

As you're about to turn into a side street and a pedestrian just walks over said side street without even looking. Spangles, the lot of them.

Also, turning right where there's a designated lane and if someone is pulling out of that junction and are complete gimps, will pull out and sit in said lane if they can't be arsed waiting for both lanes to clear (Queensferry road, turning right onto Orchard road is a particular haven for the simple minded.)

Edited by Jamie McDonald

telford_jambo84

People with annoying laughs

The girl in the office who thinks she's sexy when in fact she is an ugly leech - wish I knew how to do the c m punk smiley

I'm no longer in the trade but see when I was behind a bar there was nothing more infuriating than punters telling you how to pour a pint, who to serve next or that a perfectly fizzy pint of lager was flat.

I was ready to raise my hands to some of these arseholes on a couple of occasions. Thinking they could do my job better than me because they worked in the Grays Mill twenty years ago.

I don't give special respect to the elderly, I give respect to everyone I meet until they do.something to make me stop.

People who use Twitter to just get more followers. What do you do when you've got all these followers? Beg for more of course. No discourse, just a timeline clogged with RT FOR A SHOUTOUT #TEAMFOLLOWBACK

People that don't like the music I like. Sorry but you're just wrong.

Spelling/grammar police on the internet. Stop being so ******* boring. I choose to write correctly, so do you. If someone doesn't why are you so superior as to smugly call them out on every misplaced comma, missing apostophe or using the wrong word?

People who know nothing about Scottish football giving it 'Hearts are bust' chat for longer than ten minutes. Cool, if you've only caught a bit about us on ssn I can understand why you might have formed that opinion but Christ, after I've spoken to you at length about the club and how Tynecastle's not being turned into flats and, outside of the old firm, we're quite successful thank you, at least pretend to have taken in what I've said.

My sister.

The word "snuck". Where did that come from?

Do you mean as the past tense of 'sneak'? If so it is a perfectly correct word! it might be an Americanism but is is far better than 'sneaked'!

Edited by Ribble

Sergio Garcia

Do you mean as the past tense of 'sneak'? If so it is a perfectly correct word!

If you are referring to American English you are correct otherwise the correct word is sneaked.

If you are referring to American English you are correct otherwise the correct word is sneaked.

Even in UK English is is still an accepted as the non-standard past tense of Sneak. Sneaked would be seen as the standard past tense.

A similar example would be the past tense of strike, would you say striked or struck?

People who use the word being instead of been e.g. "just being to see my friends" does my head in! Idiots!

On a similar vein.

People who pronounce the word "film".....FILUM. Where is the U in film??

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Went to see Django Unchained on Friday evening with my Mrs, dick behind me puts his feet over the seat in front and gets the rage on when I politely ask him not to do that. Then absolutely bottles it when I ask him a bit more aggressively, while his pondlife whore repeats "eh.......what's the problem, likesay?" People like that should be treated like dogs and get a jag in the neck.

Utter scum.

The Great Khali

On a similar vein.

People who pronounce the word "film".....FILUM. Where is the U in film??

"Am gone tae the tawlit"

And

"Drink of mulk"

Getting ID'd.

In a hills up town picking up a slip. Jobs worth behind the till shouts over to see some ID. **** sake. So I trundle over hand him my license and he's like "aye, thought you were". Why the **** do you ID me you doss *****.

Allow me.

They regularly send people in to test if we're doing our job properly. If we don't ID people as soon as they come in the door, we get a disciplinary. I've had one already for not ID'ing someone who I thought looked over 21. He was 19. It's to keep me in my job, not to inconvenience you.

If you don't like it, sod off to Ladbrokes. I'm sick of people like you giving me abuse in my shop for doing what is required of me.

Edit - This is one of my number 1 seethes at work. People that think they're above you, or think that taking 10 seconds to take their ID out their wallet is too much hassle. Without me, you aren't going to get the chance to pish your money away on your ?1 squintillion-fold football accumulator.

Edited by tian447

They're not actually allowed to do that so you're perfectly entitled to tell them to piss off.

That's the whole point in the chip and pin machines. No one else should have to touch your card.

I thought as much.

It doesn't really bug me for security reasons but that'll do as a great excuse if I ever flip out and "do a Griffiths" on one of them.

I thought as much.

It doesn't really bug me for security reasons but that'll do as a great excuse if I ever flip out and "do a Griffiths" on one of them.

Doing "a Griffiths" certainly keeps your options open. You can either

1. hurl racist abuse at the shop assistant
  2. thump the shop assistant
  3. chore the goods

Knowing you as I do, I suspect 2 & 3 are the only options available.

Although there is of course a fourth option of having a child with the shop assistant.

:arry:

Allow me.

They regularly send people in to test if we're doing our job properly. If we don't ID people as soon as they come in the door, we get a disciplinary. I've had one already for not ID'ing someone who I thought looked over 21. He was 19. It's to keep me in my job, not to inconvenience you.

If you don't like it, sod off to Ladbrokes. I'm sick of people like you giving me abuse in my shop for doing what is required of me.

Edit - This is one of my number 1 seethes at work. People that think they're above you, or think that taking 10 seconds to take their ID out their wallet is too much hassle. Without me, you aren't going to get the chance to pish your money away on your ?1 squintillion-fold football accumulator.

See pet hate is people using red tape as an excuse for laziness! 'Eh it's ma joab tae ID everyone', No it is part of your job to challenge anyone that appears to be under the age specified in that shops policy.

Bookies and newsagents are the worst for it and I have been asked for ID twice recently, I am 31 and look nothing remotely close to being under 25, in fact most days I would struggle to look under 30. It is sheer laziness, instead of thinking about it and deciding if the person is underage or not they just ask everyone that isn't a pensioner!

Doing "a Griffiths" certainly keeps your options open. You can either

1. hurl racist abuse at the shop assistant

2. thump the shop assistant

3. chore the goods

Knowing you as I do, I suspect 2 & 3 are the only options available.

Although there is of course a fourth option of having a child with the shop assistant.

:arry:

:laugh:

I'll let you know how I go on the day, see what sort of mood I'm in....

I have another grumble anyway:

CRAP THREAD TITLES

Seriously, what happened to the standard of thread titles? They used to be carefully thought out, even amusing sometimes. Now it's all vague two-word nonsense that tells you pretty much zilch about the subject matter within the thread. Sure, you can hover over it when you're on a browser but I can't be bothered doing that for every single title on the terrace...it's even worse when you're on mobile version and actually have to click into the thread before you have a scooby what it's about.

Examples:

"Andy Webster" (or "Darren Barr" or any other name) - Yes? He's a player of ours but what specifically about Andy Webster? There's many threads to be found on Andy Webster. If you're telling us that you bumped into him in Asda I'm probably going to regret having to take the time to click through and read the OP, but if you're talking about his potential transfer situation I might feel differently. GET SPECIFIC PLEASE. Be descriptive.

Sorry. Bit of a rant but it has been driving me increasingly nuts lately.

See pet hate is people using red tape as an excuse for laziness! 'Eh it's ma joab tae ID everyone', No it is part of your job to challenge anyone that appears to be under the age specified in that shops policy.

Bookies and newsagents are the worst for it and I have been asked for ID twice recently, I am 31 and look nothing remotely close to being under 25, in fact most days I would struggle to look under 30. It is sheer laziness, instead of thinking about it and deciding if the person is underage or not they just ask everyone that isn't a pensioner!

Please point out where I said I have to ID everyone.

I've had one already for not ID'ing someone who I thought looked over 21.

That implies a Think 21 policy as I thought the boy looked over 21 so I never bothered. We're not the worst - a lot of places are Think 25.

Common sense is required. It is, however, drilled into us - if in doubt, ask. Alright, you may get the less intelligent of people asking everyone, but I've never asked anyone who is over 24 for ID, and he looked incredibly young. If I ever made a ****** up and ID'd someone your age, I'd be mortified.

It's hard enough to find a job, I'm not losing mine because of someone else.

If you have issues with it, I suggest you take a deep breath and just deal with it. If you realised how often they send people in to try and catch us out (and that's what it is, it's not even a test - it's straight up trying to catch people out), you might be a little more forgiving.

Please point out where I said I have to ID everyone.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

That implies a Think 21 policy as I thought the boy looked over 21 so I never bothered. We're not the worst - a lot of places are Think 25.

Common sense is required. It is, however, drilled into us - if in doubt, ask. Alright, you may get the less intelligent of people asking everyone, but I've never asked anyone who is over 24 for ID, and he looked incredibly young. If I ever made a ****** up and ID'd someone your age, I'd be mortified.

It's hard enough to find a job, I'm not losing mine because of someone else.

If you have issues with it, I suggest you take a deep breath and just deal with it. If you realised how often they send people in to try and catch us out (and that's what it is, it's not even a test - it's straight up trying to catch people out), you might be a little more forgiving.

I just don't get this at all. I'm always delighted if I get asked for ID. It's the best ego boost ever.

Happens less and less these days though.... :oldsad:

Creepy Lurker

When I was doing bar work, I used to sometimes ID people who looked 30+ just to piss them off 'cause I was bored. u mad?

The kid from the Taggarts advert on the radio "thanks to Taggarts I always sleep well on the way home from grannies".

There's just something about the little *******s voice that really pisses me off

RAGEFACE_2884211.jpg

Went to see Django Unchained on Friday evening with my Mrs, dick behind me puts his feet over the seat in front and gets the rage on when I politely ask him not to do that. Then absolutely bottles it when I ask him a bit more aggressively, while his pondlife whore repeats "eh.......what's the problem, likesay?" People like that should be treated like dogs and get a jag in the neck.

Utter scum.

Glad you didn't accept this scumbag's behaviour.

Practically every time I go to the cinema I have to tell some clown to shut his ****ing trap.

It gets so tiresome that I try to only go to the cinema early during the day when I'm off work.

At night, the percentage of scum increases to unbearable levels.

Generic Username

Glad you didn't accept this scumbag's behaviour.

Practically every time I go to the cinema I have to tell some clown to shut his ****ing trap.

It gets so tiresome that I try to only go to the cinema early during the day when I'm off work.

At night, the percentage of scum increases to unbearable levels.

The Glasgow Cineworld is a pretty awful cinema going experience on a Saturday/Sunday from about midday till 8. I've seen and heard some spangles in there.

The Glasgow Cineworld is a pretty awful cinema going experience on a Saturday/Sunday from about midday till 8. I've seen and heard some spangles in there.

Friday nights, Saturday / Sunday any time and orange Wednesday nights are always to be avoided due to the arseholes that congregate here.

We sometimes drive to the Cineworld at Parkhead which is constantly deserted.

Limited choice of films but there's never anyone there and you can park right outside.

Temporary traffic lights.

People jumping them which holds up the traffic at the other end. Plus this can make them fail to red.

Also the ones between Selkirk and Gala atm are shocking. I was stuck for 25 minutes in them although some have been for over an hour.

Glasgow Cineworld was first experience of complete simpmetons clapping after a film... I never knew this happened. :lol:

Thats just reminded me.

Why do some people clap when a plane's just landed?

Glasgow Cineworld was first experience of complete simpmetons clapping after a film... I never knew this happened. :lol:

I saw a film in a cinema in a mostly black area of New York once.

The crowd, mostly young black Americans provided an entire running commentary of the entire film.

It was kind of funny the amount of "oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeit, he gon' **** you up now boy" and "that n**** got SMOKED, son!!" type comments there were.

In Glasgow, that would drive me to a murderous rage but it was hilarious over there. :D

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The crowd, mostly young black Americans provided an entire running commentary of the entire film.

It was kind of funny the amount of "oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeit, he gon' **** you up now boy" and "that n**** got SMOKED, son!!" type comments there were.

In Glasgow, that would drive me to a murderous rage but it was hilarious over there. :D

I went to one just off Times Square and it was the exact same. Quite amusing. :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thats just reminded me.

Why do some people clap when a plane's just landed?

Also an almost uniquely Glasgow thing in my experience... I sink right down in my seat and cringe like **** any time it happens... Usually done by the same guys who said: "Hoi Rab, it's pure sweltering in here mate, gonnae open the windae pal" :mad:

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

I went to one just off Times Square and it was the exact same. Quite amusing. :lol:

Same here, was away travelling and was in New York when the last Harry Potter came out. When Mrs Weasley kills Helena Bonam Carter's character this black dude stood up and shouted 'YEAAAH MRS WEASLEY, THAT'S HOW WE DO SON!'

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My idea of hell! :o