The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

I'm in at work early doors and in the winter tend to sit downstairs at the back of the bus as its a nice heat. The amount of ignorant ###### who despite having a sign right in front of them, put their feet on the seats. Double points (which it usually tends to be) for young workies with boots on covered in mud.

I'd shoot the ******* - that's my policy.

Edited by Gigolo-Aunt

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one that does my absolute head in:

Lothian Buses pull in to the bus stop even if there's a bus in front of it, incase there's someone there. People queue at the bus stop, because you don't get let on if the bus is pulled over behind the stop letting people off. It's common sense, you get on the bus at the actual bus stop.

Dundee Buses are different. If you are standing at the bus stop, let's say waiting for an 18, but a 22 pulls in in front of it, the 18 will whistle by not stopping because it assumes you're getting on the 22. If the 18 is right behind the 22, there isn't time to walk behind the 22 to signal for the 18 to stop before it's gone. You also have to stand at the stop to get on the bus. If the 18 pulls in behind the 22, it will not wait for the 22 to pull out, and then move forward. It will let people off, then drive off without even giving you the chance to get on. If you try and get on a Lothian bus if it isn't perfectly aligned with the damn stop, the driver tells you to walk down to the stop before letting you on.

The buses should see people at the stop, and pull in, or at least slow down, on the off chance people want to get on your damned bus.

Dundee is a complete and utter s****hole.

Edited by tian447

People taking an age at cashlines. It requires about 7 quick button presses to get the cash you require but these feckers want to check the balance in all their cards before withdrawing from the first or spend ages pondering whether to take a receipt or not!

Ray F***'in Lewis ... if the Ravens win, I'll probably spontaneously combust when I see him celebrating.

People who walk up escalators, barging everyone out the way, including kids holding onto their parents hands.

If you want to walk, use the stairs.

Yon boy 'Roger' who calls me repeatedly from Mumbai.

A few points son...

Your name's Dilpak.

You don't work for Microsoft.

And my computers working fine, not that you have any way of knowing wether it is or isn't.

Fud.

I let him (it's always a male) go on for a while, giving the occasional "uhuh", then let him know my iMac is working perfectly.

Self serve checkouts in Asda and the likes - if I wanted to scan items I'd apply to them for a feckin job.

I like these machines:-

i. I can get rid of all the 5c pieces that seem to breed after a visit to said supermarket and neighbouring fruiterers,

ii "laundering" there the $100 note the bank's ATM has just given me is less of a pain than giving it to the newsagent for a paper,

iii maybe I just don't want a vacant:"how are you today"from the poor sod who's been on since 6am.

negative - if I hit "Brought my own effing bag" and the machine needs a staff member to check the bag which I put on the "bag" shelf.

Folk that don't park properly in my street where it can be tight at the best of times. Some folk park in a way that takes up 2 spaces so that you can't park in front of them or behind them.

Then, I have to park badly because they've left me with no choice, but when they move later on I'm the one who looks like the bad parking roasted. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! :seething: :seething:

People that seethe over nothing!

No I don't mean folk on this thread I actually mean the current Mrs Ribble, she phoned me this morning with a ten minute rant going on and on about how stupid, inconsiderate and utterly useless the general public are! Her reason for the rant? Drivers not seeing her trying to cross the road for over 5 minutes in the lashing rain/sleet this morning and not leaving a big enough gap for her to get to the bus stop on the other side.

The thing is that it's a pretty busy road at the best of times and yes it can be a struggle to cross, unless you walk 30 yards up the road to the traffic lights and cross there ffs!!

Lazy @@@@ers who don't walk up escalators, and just stand there blocking off your route up them by not being single file.

Similar to the above, groups of friends/families/couples walking along the street taking up the entire pavement and not one of them shifting to let you past. I'll just walk in to you then shall I? Pricks.

I like these machines.

This. Sod standing in a queue for ages while folk have 80 items slowly scanned through when I can just stroll up to a self-service checkout, buy my 5 items and be out of the shop within a couple of minutes.

I P Knightley

Here's one:

Folk (usually the mummies) who think they have to park as close to the school in the morning to drop off their precious bundles and will sit at a blocked junction cursing at other mummies who want to do the exactly the same thing while none of them realise that they could reverse a little bit and park maybe 250 yards from the school, relieving all stress and giving their little fat bundles of joy a tiny spot of exercise into the bargain. But they don't, partly because they can't reverse and partly because they're selfish b****rds. When I'm on the school run, I walk the kids in and these fokkers give me bloody road rage. And if they're driving four-wheel drive tanks, they can eff right off.

telford_jambo84

Today's seethe: manners! I mean how hard is it to say thank you or please. I say it all the time without fail as that's how I was brought up even its little things I'm grateful yet people who come on and moan that tomorrow mornings appt isn't convenient. Sure ill have a look and after having moved heaven and earth when I help the bitch do I get a sincere thanks? Do I hell.

:seething:

Edited by telford_jambo84

Bad customer service :seething:

Went into the Scotmid on my way home this morning. I was buying ONE thing and I was the only person in the queue. There were two women serving and one was serving a man who was buying a lot of things. The other woman finished serving the customer she was serving so i went to step forward and she bellows "NAW, AM FINISHED" and walks away from the till. Seriously?! From someone who has worked in shops since I was 17 years old, I would never dream of doing that. It would have taken her all of about 30 seconds to serve me but instead she thought it would be better to not serve me and to be rude about it.

Generic Username

A few folk have listed various things about buses. Here's mine;

What's the ******* deal with the number 27 always smelling like the inside of a tramps pancreas? Every day without fail that bus turns up and it's honking. Absolutely humming.

Creepy Lurker

Overly officious receptionists.

You get this a lot with medical receptionists, but I had one at the bank today. In this instance, a few of us had made an appointment with the same advisor to open bank accounts (given that we were all doing the exact same thing, she agreed that it made a lot more sense this way) and she had specifically told us to come between 9-10AM, and to come together.

Now, due to everyone getting ready, we got there at about half past nine. The amount of arguing that I had to do with the receptionist to convince her that the advisor had said 'between nine and ten' and that we weren't actually late, all the while being looked at like I was a total idiot, was ridiculous. It took a fair bit of this before she'd even agree to let the advisor know that we were there...at which point we were immediately asked to go to her office. I got no apology from the receptionist for her obstructive, patronising manner.

I'm foreign, darling, but I'm not stupid.

Raging.

Edit: French bureaucracy in general, actually. Full of self important jebends.

Edited by Creepy Lurker

not just a game

I generally like self service machines.

However it really infuriates me when I am in a shop where there is nobody else waiting to be served but the assistant on the checkout still insists on you using the self service. RS McColl at Edinburgh Airport are terrible for it

A few folk have listed various things about buses. Here's mine;

What's the ******* deal with the number 27 always smelling like the inside of a tramps pancreas? Every day without fail that bus turns up and it's honking. Absolutely humming.

Weird - started a new job recently and I get this bus home. Every day I get on at Hanover street around 5pm and most days the bus is honking as you suggest. Glad I'm not the only one to notice this.

Barking.

people who keep wanting back/ associating paedo Thomson with this club, ffs move on

People who don't understand the definition of paedo

Hash tags on Facebook! #wrongsocialmediayouwelts

People liking photo's where it says "Like and you will see what happens". It's a f****** picture, nothing is going to happen!!

People who like pictures of babies that have been abused etc, meaning they are displayed on my feed!!

Facebook is an utterly dire place now.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

I give up , you and yours win

Yeah, muhammed. You and other people who know what words mean and when to use them 'win'.

Whatever that means.

The_razors_edge

Going back to work after having a month off to be met with shit loads of pointless emails and the same torn faced colleagues and customers

Generic Username

Weird - started a new job recently and I get this bus home. Every day I get on at Hanover street around 5pm and most days the bus is honking as you suggest. Glad I'm not the only one to notice this.

Barking.

Another day, another 27 and you guessed it - stinking.

I jump on one further down the road just before 6 and it honks every day without fail. I'm wondering if there's a deid body up the back seats.

Hash tags on Facebook! #wrongsocialmediayouwelts

People liking photo's where it says "Like and you will see what happens". It's a f****** picture, nothing is going to happen!!

People who like pictures of babies that have been abused etc, meaning they are displayed on my feed!!

Facebook is an utterly dire place now.

Spot on.

Yeah, muhammed. You and other people who know what words mean and when to use them 'win'.

Whatever that means.

supporters of this ******piece of scum

Edited by maggieb

Women loading their kids,kids bags and buggies into a car.

The car is parked next to a pavement, the pavement is a relatively safe environment to let little Johnny stand on whilst you struggle to fold the buggy. By opening the car doors that are located on the pavement side you do not endanger yourself, your children or any other road users. Pretty simple you would think........not for a wummin,

She drags wee Johnny round to the offside door and pushes him up against the offside wing while, cars, lorries, buses roar past. She folds down the buggy on the road with traffic having to take avoiding action and she slings the offside rear door open, sticks her head in, arse sticking out while she rummages about inside. Wee Johnny frozen in fear outside the car standing on the road with traffic thundering past.

Why? Why missus, why?

Edited by JT1959

Patrick Bateman

Use of the words 'collaborate' and 'deliver' outwith their correct designation. In some ways, I should be thankful, such words are a great way of establishing BS merchants; 'collaborate' isn't a word which should be used in a positive context. I suppose language is there to change, but really... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborationism

The idiots who think that clearing a 1ft square hole of snow from the windscreen is sufficient before making off on their journey. Hundreds of them on the A81 this morning - clear all of the damn windows, the mirrors, front grille, number plate AND YOUR FECKING LIGHTS :seething:

Edited by Wattie

Guest Bilel Mohsni

People screaming obscenities at their young children. There is a 'woman' gets on the bus that goes past my house sometimes who does this. Tells him to sit the **** down, stop being a nippy wee ****, leave me alone you wee f*****g bam etc. :unsure:

(she wears a Celtic training top too... This does little to help my mood)

Rude people in general actually.

Walter Payton

Noisy eaters, particularly in a quiet environment. Came into the office early this morning so I could concentrate on a piece of work I'll need for a meeting at 10 this morning, and despite giving all the "feck off, don't disturb me, I'm busy" signs there's a new contractor (who's not even working on the same project as me) who decided to sit at the empty desk next to me (when there's loads of spare desks around the office, some next to the team he's actually working with) and wants a chat about feck all.

My relief when he announced he was off to get a roll from the canteen was shortlived as he brought it back with him. Frustration at his inane chat was soon put into perspective by the rage brought on from the noise of smacking lips and hearing the bacon (which must have been like chewing rubber given the effort it seemed he had to put into it) hurled around his mouth.

Not quite as "seethe" inducing (but still bloody annoying) is people who use your desk when you're not in the office. I'm working down south for the next couple of weeks so will be using spare desks when I'm in other offices, but I'll definitely make sure to leave them in the same state I found them in. I can guarantee that when I'm next in the offfice up here, the network cable for my laptop docking station will be unplugged and somebody's used plastic cup will still be left on my desk because they're too ignorant to return the favour.

Noisy eaters, particularly in a quiet environment. Came into the office early this morning so I could concentrate on a piece of work I'll need for a meeting at 10 this morning, and despite giving all the "feck off, don't disturb me, I'm busy" signs there's a new contractor (who's not even working on the same project as me) who decided to sit at the empty desk next to me (when there's loads of spare desks around the office, some next to the team he's actually working with) and wants a chat about feck all.

Snorers.

People not turning up to committee meetings.

People chucking buckets of water on you when you're innocently trying to have a fireworks display.

People screaming obscenities at their young children. There is a 'woman' gets on the bus that goes past my house sometimes who does this. Tells him to sit the **** down, stop being a nippy wee ****, leave me alone you wee f*****g bam etc. :unsure:

(she wears a Celtic training top too... This does little to help my mood)

Rude people in general actually.

Wester Hailes Centre mate.

I go there for my tax disc every six months.

I shit you not, EVERY time I'm in there, a joggy wearing, overweight, spotty, oily skinned hoor will be shouting at her bairn(s).

Every time.

Walter Payton

Snorers.

People not turning up to committee meetings.

People chucking buckets of water on you when you're innocently trying to have a fireworks display.

:-D

I did laugh at you earlier agreeing about sh*te pictures being posted on facebook- you being the guy who literally posted a picture of your dog's sh*te, for no apparent reason.

Sexton Hardcastle

Getting ID'd.

In a hills up town picking up a slip. Jobs worth behind the till shouts over to see some ID. **** sake. So I trundle over hand him my license and he's like "aye, thought you were". Why the **** do you ID me you doss *****.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wester Hailes Centre mate.

I go there for my tax disc every six months.

I shit you not, EVERY time I'm in there, a joggy wearing, overweight, spotty, oily skinned hoor will be shouting at her bairn(s).

Every time.

Boils my blood. :mad:

I live in C Mains and this thing must be from either Oxgangs or between there and Hillend, I have had her twice now on my #4, different times of day too. :(

Nae chance for the bairns to break the cycle if spoken to like that.

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

When I pay by card in a shop and the person serving takes my card from my hand and puts it in the machine for me - even though the machine is on MY side of the till, is facing ME and I know perfectly well how to put it in myself. I don't know why this has started to upset me as much as it has done but it's doing my head in. I've started snatching my hand away and snippily telling them that I'm happy to do it myself, like a right narky bizzum. Probably think I'm nuts.

Oh yeah, and the folk who sell stuff from those wee stalls that run down the middle of the mall in Ocean Terminal. NO, I do not want to let you tell me what my skin needs or even worse, allow you to wash my bloody hands for me (yes, I don't get this one either)....nor do I want to buy any of your crap lotions. I didn't want to talk to you when I first passed you an hour ago, or even the second time I passed twenty minutes ago when you schpieled me out the same chronic sales patter...and I still don't want it now. Bugger off. ARGH.

People who use exclamation marks all the bleedin time. !!!!!! STOP IT. It's very annoying and often just makes you look really thick. Please. Stop it now. !!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! LOL!!! etc etc.

Oh, and as an update to the previous seethe thread...that woman who lives near me is STILL trying to steal my seat on the bus on a regular basis. Total wide-o.

Edited by redm

...a bit disco

Boils my blood. :mad:

I live in C Mains and this thing must be from either Oxgangs or between there and Hillend, I have had her twice now on my #4, different times of day too. :(

Nae chance for the bairns to break the cycle if spoken to like that.

:oohmatron:

No wonder she's all bitter and twisted.

Does your missus know?

:verymad:

Edited by ...a bit disco

:-D

I did laugh at you earlier agreeing about sh*te pictures being posted on facebook- you being the guy who literally posted a picture of your dog's sh*te, for no apparent reason.

All mine are with purpose, thank you.

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:oohmatron:

No wonder she's all bitter and twisted.

Does your missus know?

:verymad:

Aye... She hates Celtic though, so she put chilli-powder on the outside of my johnies. :o

...a bit disco

Aye... She hates Celtic though, so she put chilli-powder on the outside of my johnies. :o

:fonzie: