Zaliukas staying (for now)

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Was told this evening that our captain, leader and inspiration to all mankind has told hearts he does not want to go just now as he wants to see out the season, however if a sufficient bid comes in he will leave for the good of the club and waive any monies that he is due to collect at the end of this campaign.

There is a couple of players expected to leave next week, one will apparently be a shock/surprise, no names yet but we may be paying players to leave early.

Was told this evening that our captain, leader and inspiration to all mankind has told hearts he does not want to go just now as he wants to see out the season, however if a sufficient bid comes in he will leave for the good of the club and waive any monies that he is due to collect at the end of this campaign.

There is a couple of players expected to leave next week, one will apparently be a shock/surprise, no names yet but we may be paying players to leave early.

Zal. I love you. x

SmokeyHMFC1994

The charming handsome Capt Zal will lead us to League Cup success.

Marius Zaliukas :wub:

I notice a former Prime Minister is on the board....

Bombscare 'joke' due in 5-4-3....

Bombscare will be off in the summer to join Big Bad Bouzid in the 5-aside Greek league.

winston churchill

I read this as.

Nobody wants him, and he will milk every last penny he can,as he knows he won't get paid silly money at the level he is playing at,next season.

From what iv heard he has a dodgy knee so we will see if anybody wants him , just something i was told and hw doesnt train all days to make sure hes fine for match days but like i say just something iv heard ;)

He has come on a bundle in the last season or so but if we are all being honest, he is too slow to play at a higher level and his positional sense is very weak at times.

Francis Albert

And after exactly 5 posts ...

The man lives and breathes the club.

Unlike a lot of mercenary arseholes we've employed previously.

Puts Presley firmly in the shade as a captain tbh.

The man lives and breathes the club.

Unlike a lot of mercenary arseholes we've employed previously.

Puts Presley firmly in the shade as a captain tbh.

Absolutely. Genuinely the best all round captain of the club in a generation.

I'll say Darren Barr,

I think if anyone it could be Barr. Given that several SPL clubs were after him at the time of his signing, there is every chance that he is on a fair wedge.

From what iv heard he has a dodgy knee so we will see if anybody wants him , just something i was told and hw doesnt train all days to make sure hes fine for match days but like i say just something iv heard ;)

Have you heard that mate?

The fact that there has already been several names suggested would suggests that whoever does leave will come as a genuine surprise.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

it will be paterson, we tried to sell him to sevco in the last window as well.

You mean when we publicly told everyone that we are trying everything we can to tie down the future young players on longer deals and specifically mentioned Paterson by name just before we got him to extend his deal, aye? that really seems like the actions of a club desperately trying to sell a player to a specific club right enough chief! :lol:

You mean when we publicly told everyone that we are trying everything we can to tie down the future young players on longer deals and specifically mentioned Paterson by name just before we got him to extend his deal, aye? that really seems like the actions of a club desperately trying to sell a player to a specific club right enough chief! :lol:

only passing on what i was told during the time temps went, not sure if sevco made a bid for him or we tried to throw him into a deal as ryan was never going to them.

If Zal does leave in the summer then I hope he gets another winners medal in the meantime. He certainly deserves it given his service to the club. I don't care what convention says, he should get a testimonial if he leaves!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

only passing on what i was told during the time temps went, not sure if sevco made a bid for him or we tried to throw him into a deal as ryan was never going to them.

Sound, I don't believe it for a second though. No offence or anything and I don't doubt that is what you heard, I just don't really believe it. :thumb:

I reckon Webster.

Would Webster really be a surprise?

I reckon someone's willing to buy Jamie Mac.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Calum was wanted by Rangers. Who said no I haven't a clue, but Rangers wanted him.

So either Hearts or Callum said no. Based on the way the club came out publicly and named him as one that they are desperate to keep and tie up on a longer deal, I am going to suggest that it was Hearts that said no and that Callum was happy where he was and so signed the new deal instead.

Can't think of any player who'd leave at the moment and leave me in a state of "shock".

I'd be disappointed if Holt left us before we see the best of him though.

So either Hearts or Callum said no. Based on the way the club came out publicly and named him as one that they are desperate to keep and tie up on a longer deal, I am going to suggest that it was Hearts that said no and that Callum was happy where he was and so signed the new deal instead.

That would be my guess too. Think he is happy at Hearts and we could make a decent wedge out of him in 2 years or so if he continues to improve.

Would Webster really be a surprise?

I reckon someone's willing to buy Jamie Mac.

So to re-cap on the surprise departure so far we have one of:

McDonald

Hamill

Grainger

Zaliukas

Barr

Taouil

Holt

Patterson

Sutton

Ever get the impression that no one is entirely sure!

Love the pic!

must be the rampant athiest in me, but i didn't think "awwww"

i thought, "what a shame, another unknowing innocent, forced into believing something because mummy and daddy do!"

also, i reckon it'll be webster thats away

Suspect departure guess from me.

Driver. People on here are continually saying he's lost it and nobody would take him. I suspect there is a team out there that can see the player he was and could become again in the right environment.

oh ah grantona

I think a awful lot hinges on tomorrow result and maybe aswell as sundays.

A celtic final is guaranteed sell out money in bank,tv and losers money all a defo minimum

with st mirren more chance of winning it but less chance of sell out IMO

lose tomorrow and expect about 300K needed till season ended

as for shock unless it is up and coming stars emptied on a free nothing is a shock as every player has a price

Archived