Loudest band ever

BigMDV

Bit random and grim at the same time can’t get a link but a heavy metal band…..Brass against? Think that’s what’s they’re called lead singer she gets a fan up on stage drops her strides and pees on him then he scatters the crowd……really 🤮

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• Dawnrazor

• Bridge of Djoum

• Kalamazoo Jambo

A bit left field compared to some of the other suggestions but Adamski supported Big Audio Dynamite mid 80s at the Queen's Hall. The bass was ridiculous, could feel it going right through me

Any band from the last 10 years or so doesn’t count since noise limits were set for concerts by health and safety reasons. Bands used to tour and use the same PA system no matter the size of venue. So you’d tour a PA fit for somewhere like the Playhouse or Hammersmith Odeon but use the same one at the small venues as well. A PA for a big venue would cause carnage at somewhere like Barrowland or some of the smaller English university union venues. Sensible sound engineers would wind it back a bit but not all did and enjoy the sonic mayhem that ensued. In ear monitors have improved things for bands but I’ve been onstage during gigs where the bands had the monitors about the same volume as the front of house system to the level of painful. 

6 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Bit random and grim at the same time can’t get a link but a heavy metal band…..Brass against? Think that’s what’s they’re called lead singer she gets a fan up on stage drops her strides and pees on him then he scatters the crowd……really 🤮

Its her partner.

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Any band from the last 10 years or so doesn’t count since noise limits were set for concerts by health and safety reasons. 

I let you know at the end of jan if that is the case, Diamondhead in Bannermans should be pretty darn loud haha

Geddyalexneil

Manowar have been mentioned a few times and I would agree they are as loud as anything I have experienced. The one thing about them is their sound is normally very clear and precise, it doesn't just end up sounding as a wall of noise. 

Been to a few smaller gig venues where the sound has been far too loud for the space and have made my ears ring for days. Problem is that the levels have often been poor so all you hear are drums etc. That doesn't help. 

The whole idea of loudest recorded doesn't work as it is relative to the size of venue. 

Surprised I can still hear considering all the shows I have been able to get to!

5 minutes ago, Geddyalexneil said:

Manowar have been mentioned a few times and I would agree they are as loud as anything I have experienced. The one thing about them is their sound is normally very clear and precise, it doesn't just end up sounding as a wall of noise. 

Been to a few smaller gig venues where the sound has been far too loud for the space and have made my ears ring for days. Problem is that the levels have often been poor so all you hear are drums etc. That doesn't help. 

The whole idea of loudest recorded doesn't work as it is relative to the size of venue. 

Surprised I can still hear considering all the shows I have been able to get to!

The best sound engineer I ever worked with had pop bands as his main gig. People would takethe piss out of him touring with chart acts but as he quickly pointed out people going to these type of gigs expect perfect sound just like listening to the Cd at home as they aren't regular concert goers. 

I've been in Bannana Row with a crap band, playing so loud that even with high end expensive custom ear plugs it was getting too loud for me.

I was playing the drums and it was pointless. I'd hit the snare as hard as I could and hear nothing. It was like being in a vacuum... hitting a drum but getting no sound. Very weird... I'd imagine it's like getting punching full force in the face and feeling nothing.

Dafties in the band refused to wear ear protection. I warned them all and left soon after. Your ears cant repair the damage, when the damage is done, it's done (and you only get one set).

Mogwai blew a speaker at the Playhouse one time I saw them and another time at the usher hall my ears were still ringing despite wearing earplugs.

Saw The Jesus and Mary Chain last night at the Barrowlands - superb gig with loud feedback!

1 hour ago, Phage said:

I've been in Bannana Row with a crap band, playing so loud that even with high end expensive custom ear plugs it was getting too loud for me.

I was playing the drums and it was pointless. I'd hit the snare as hard as I could and hear nothing. It was like being in a vacuum... hitting a drum but getting no sound. Very weird... I'd imagine it's like getting punching full force in the face and feeling nothing.

Dafties in the band refused to wear ear protection. I warned them all and left soon after. Your ears cant repair the damage, when the damage is done, it's done (and you only get one set).

Ah I mind the old Banana Row down at the docks, went past there last night actually.

I remember recording a shitty EP at the new one in the early 2000s but I preferred the scabby, old, rugs on the wall place.

A robust centre forward

Slade at Leith Town Hall in the early seventies, when they were huge ! Been to loads of gigs over the years but they were the loudest by far

Worked as an apprentice in a busy noisy garage at the time and my hearing took about four days to get back to normal