Green proposes 14-14-14 structure

jambovambo

Prince Buaben

Thats fine charles but with interest in fairness Rangers will be the bottom 14?

Still keep a split aye? Cool.

Teams having free weekends, whilst the other 6 clubs in their respective split is playing, makes this idea rubbish.

scottish_chicP
Wait - but they won't be promoted this season - ... I actually think this guy is ill

:lol:

To be fair to Chuck, he is entitled to comment and propose what, in his and his club's view, would be a better way forward for Scottish football.

What has happened to Rangers has happened, but we shouldn't neccesarily treat them as lepers.

I guess the trouble is that Chuck has shot his mouth off so often, usually nonsense, that he is perhaps in danger of not being listened to.

It's a better proposal than 12-12-18. But then, anything is.

My thoughts also - althought its light on detail the principle sounds better than 12-12-18 ! Unfortunately we have to accept that the Rangers will be back in the top flight at some point in the near future and anything thats for the greater good of the game with or without them has to be considered.

lost in space

What has happened to Rangers has happened, but we shouldn't neccesarily treat them as lepers.

I certainly dont treat them as lepers - I have sympathy for lepers. Lepers dont have a choice - and are not arrogant, spiteful bigots (well not the lepers that I know!).

tartofmidlothian

I can't even be bothered laughing at the slavering prick anymore.

He bores me.

:lol:

Why don't we invite some more teams in? Are there enough of a decent quality to make up an 18-18-18 split? I'm thinking clubs like Spartans, Whitehill Welfare, Auchinleck Talbot, some of the Highland League sides. We could have promotion from the juniors in a set-up like that too.

Footballfirst

I want an end to 4 games a season against the same clubs, but 14-14-14 with a 6-8 split is better than what is proposed.

I'm pretty sure that 14-14-14 was Gym Trainer's preferred option when he was still with the Daily Ranger.

Wonder when the penny will drop with the bluenoses that 14-14-14 still means their in the bottom tier and will not have been promoted. :10900:

Barney Rubble

I want an end to 4 games a season against the same clubs, but 14-14-14 with a 6-8 split is better than what is proposed.

I'm pretty sure that 14-14-14 was Gym Trainer's preferred option when he was still with the Daily Ranger.

I agree but we should make the split a title playoff all points reset , its the only way to level the playing field in this country , someone should bite the bullet ie the ugly sisters for the sake of the league .

14-14-14 is far better than the proposal currently on the table, but I'm not convinced its any better than the status quo.

No point changing for the sake of changing. Needs to make sense.

14-14-14 is far better than what is currently being proposed.

16-16-16 would be the ideal solution, playing everyone twice. Extend the cup competitions and add in a short play-off format. (Spartans & many highland league/non-league sides are ready to step up)

The Old Tolbooth

Let's give the idea credence for a minute.

14 teams in the league equals 13 opponents

13 x 4 games each = 52 games, nope!

13 x 3 games each = unfair

13 x 2 games each = not enough games

13 x 2 games each and then a split into two leagues of 7? :unsure:

Just how would it work?

I think it would be a top 6 and bottom 8 split John. It would at least see the bottom teams gain an extra match revenue but that's the only benefit I see in it.

I think it would be a top 6 and bottom 8 split John. It would at least see the bottom teams gain an extra match revenue but that's the only benefit I see in it.

This is the BBC's guess. The other advantage is breathing space to develop youngsters (depending on how many teams are involved in play-offs.)

Not earth shattering but, on balance, I think I agree with Chuck.

Must go and wash

My personal preference would be an 18/20 top league playing home and away 2nd tier of 20 and create a conference league and pyramid system with North and South leagues below. 38-40 teams and two leagues is more than enough for a country our size.

My personal preference would be an 18/20 top league playing home and away 2nd tier of 20 and create a conference league and pyramid system with North and South leagues below. 38-40 teams and two leagues is more than enough for a country our size.

This, though we have 42 senior teams so a 20 team top league, 22 team 2nd tier then a regional pyramid system.

I just love the article that you link to at the bottom about McCoist moaning that they should be promoted this year and its not fair on the Rangers Fans. Sporting integrity and Rangers need to be at the top of the Scottish game for the good of football in this country, followed by this line

"I know Rangers and Celtic have explored avenues to play in different leagues and I would think they would continue to do that.

So basically Scottish Football needs Rangers but as soon as they can find a way out they will be fecking off and leaving us. Well lets hope you do find a way out then Ally!

This line from Mr Chuckles was interesting:

Green said. "There is no model on the table that offers our club a potentially quicker route back to the highest echelons of Scottish football.

I thought Rangers would never play in the SPL again with you in charge Chuckles? Or are you planning on punting them on promotion? :rolleyes:

Let's give the idea credence for a minute.

14 teams in the league equals 13 opponents

13 x 4 games each = 52 games, nope!

13 x 3 games each = unfair

13 x 2 games each = not enough games

13 x 2 games each and then a split into two leagues of 7? :unsure:

Just how would it work?

Much the same with 12...........

16 seems to be the magic number.

This, though we have 42 senior teams so a 20 team top league, 22 team 2nd tier then a regional pyramid system.

I'd scud the under achievers into the conference and make them earn their place. Too many teams who are only in the league because they've always been there. If some go bust during the course of things replace them with better run more ambitious clubs. ICT and Ross County are perfect examples of new clubs coming in and overtaking established clubs straight away.

Charlie-Brown

Green could propose a 42 club round robin tournament for all it matters, unless an SPL and an SFL club with VOTING rights can table an amendment and get the majority to vote in favour then his proposals matter not a jot.

I would need to hear more, but if a split is involved, I would not be in favour, as there would be an odd number of teams in each half, meaning a team would also go without a game. It also means the final game for two teams, would be different from other teams, possibly giving a competitive advantage, knowing results.

It can not be worse than what the current jokers have proposed though,

Should be 3 leagues of 18 is probably the best way to go forward with promotion relegation from the lower leagues, it could work as they take so amny from each lower league to start with, and the following season what ever teams are relegated they go into there regional leagues and team get promation from that league, it would probable mean that ranger would start in tier 2 tho

would work as

12 from prem and top 6 from first division top tier

An

bottom 4 from first division , the 10 clubs from the second and the top 4 from the 3rd would be the second tier

6 from bottom of 3rd and 12 teams from lower leagues make up the 31d tier

all league play 36 games plus cup ties making it a even home away legs across the leagues excluding cup ties. Could work the promotion and relegation the similar to the english with playoff, no stupid splits needs

I want a top league of 10 - one automatically relegated and a play-off with 2nd bottom against 2nd top of the 1st to decide the other relegation.

Too many clubs are just 'existing' in the SPL and offering nothing except the argument that they produce young players and play nice football: i'm thinking Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs and Motherwell - all teams that should be striving for more but are stuck in the comfort zone.

Kids will develop and get game time naturally as there is feck all cash to buy players in anyway, and we can have a) u-21s quotas and B) a proper reserve league to cover that.

I would PREFER a top league of 18 but we simply do not have the depth to support this.

Charlie-Brown

the 12-12 part with league split into three groups of eight might actually produce a lot of interest down thru the league, what needs fleshed out is the bottom eight and how that interacts with the 18 and do they also have relegation or play off games to the seniors/juniors or some merged pyramid below?

3 leagues

All teams in each league play in one big game a week like the WWE Royal Rumble.

Last team to score get put out.

Everyone gets a free pint when buying a ticket for the match.

Sorted.

the 12-12 part with league split into three groups of eight might actually produce a lot of interest down thru the league, what needs fleshed out is the bottom eight and how that interacts with the 18 and do they also have relegation or play off games to the seniors/juniors or some merged pyramid below?

I do not think it will. If you expect to finish in the bottom four, why bother risking injury, suspension and tiredness, if the points reset to nil. You are as well doing nothing and finishing the first part on nil points, and have fresh, injury and suspension free players for when the points matter.

It all appears to be artificially created interest though. Does the chase for the Top 6 really generate much interest right now? What does it REALLY add to that 6th placed team in terms of finance and crowds or excitement?

Another thing, do the top Junior sides actually want to join the league set up? I always had it in my mind that they are happier where they were, with their own rivalries and the fact they are succesful on their own terms.

One minute he's wanting Newco Cheats to go and play in England and the next he's making proposals about the league set-up in Scotland. As said previously, sit down and shut up Charlie!

3 leagues

All teams in each league play in one big game a week like the WWE Royal Rumble.

Last team to score get put out.

Everyone gets a free pint when buying a ticket for the match.

Sorted.

:cheesy:

This is no more bonkers than some of the suggestions that have been put forward on JKB.

Should be 3 leagues of 18 is probably the best way to go forward with promotion relegation from the lower leagues, it could work as they take so amny from each lower league to start with, and the following season what ever teams are relegated they go into there regional leagues and team get promation from that league, it would probable mean that ranger would start in tier 2 tho

would work as

12 from prem and top 6 from first division top tier

An

bottom 4 from first division , the 10 clubs from the second and the top 4 from the 3rd would be the second tier

6 from bottom of 3rd and 12 teams from lower leagues make up the 31d tier

all league play 36 games plus cup ties making it a even home away legs across the leagues excluding cup ties. Could work the promotion and relegation the similar to the english with playoff, no stupid splits needs

Scotland can barely sustain 42 senior clubs let alone 54.

Charlie-Brown

add Six new teams like Spartans, cove rangers, gala attitudes etc.

48 teams split into 8 groups of 6 teams on a nationalised basis ie Glasgow, Edinburgh, Tayside, Fife Lanarkshire etc that play each other home and away so ten local derbies plus another 24 games home/away against 12 teams from another 2 groups, again rationalized so that Edinburgh then plays Fife and Tayside groups whilst Glasgow plays Lanarkshire and Ayrshire/Renfrew so all teams get 34 guaranteed matches and all teams in the 8 groups play the same opponents. The winners of the 8 groups plus 2 best runNers up with most points play a post season tournament for the overall title. the runNers up play the 2 least points scoring group winners in a play off and the winners of those ties play a top 6 group winners in a home and away knock out last eight for the title/ league final.

add Six new teams like Spartans, cove rangers, gala attitudes etc.

48 teams split into 8 groups of 6 teams on a nationalised basis ie Glasgow, Edinburgh, Tayside, Fife Lanarkshire etc that play each other home and away so ten local derbies plus another 24 games home/away against 12 teams from another 2 groups, again rationalized so that Edinburgh then plays Fife and Tayside groups whilst Glasgow plays Lanarkshire and Ayrshire/Renfrew so all teams get 34 guaranteed matches and all teams in the 8 groups play the same opponents. The winners of the 8 groups plus 2 best runNers up with most points play a post season tournament for the overall title. the runNers up play the 2 least points scoring group winners in a play off and the winners of those ties play a top 6 group winners in a home and away knock out last eight for the title/ league final.

Out of interest, who would you see in the Edinburgh group?

Generic Username

We all know what Scottish football really wants, where the real money spinner is and that's a league with just Celtic and The Rangers in it. Let them have that. With a mid season split where all the wags have to fight to the death in Primark while the rest of the game up here sorts out a league the fans of other clubs actually want.

tartofmidlothian

Scotland can barely sustain 42 senior clubs let alone 54.

In what sense? If you mean in terms of fans, they all seem to have enough to survive at the moment. If you mean money, it would be diluted but maybe that's what's needed in some cases. A third division filled with part-time and amateur teams is still going to be competitive for those clubs, and with relegation from it as well as promotion everybody good enough gets a turn.

Whats he proposing another anything for? He needs to take his pissy new club and **** off.

Has his quit proposal shuddered to a halt.

Archived