'24' - a retrospective

Buffalo Bill

It's taken me five years, but I've now finished the eighth and final box-set series of '24'.

What great TV. Some of the casting over the years was superb, especially the presidents, such as Palmer, Logan, Daniels and Taylor, and the Dick Cheney assistant. And I loved the humble security guy. And Bill Buchanan.

Series 3 was the best one for me, the one with the Mexicans, and 'Chase' and the virus and the boy who looked like Sergie Feditovas.

Watching them on on DVD was great as well, because it's very more-ish, each episode is short enough to want to watch one more.

Thoughts?

Amazing series.

I got seriously hooked last summer and watched all 8 seasons in a little over 3 months.

It was gripping watching President Logan and Sherry Palmer's characters transforming into a hate figurers.

And Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer......tremendous

elisha-cuthbert-004-290x290.jpg

:ruiner:

I thought this thread was going to be about an old Liff import. Disappointed now.

Ivas-kev-a-chooss - those were the days.

Fantastic series, thought day 7 was disappointing but it came back with a bang on day 8. Hard to choose between 3,4 and 5 for me, all quality series' with every possible twist and turn you could imagine. No character was safe (well apart from Jack) but I reckon the killing of Ryan Chappelle was the biggest wtf moment in the series.

Favourite characters, Nina Myers, Sherry Palmer, Charles Logan and off course Chloe. Top drawer stuff.

Just an outstanding TV series.

It's not over yet though as day 9 is heading to a cinema near you...

I wish I could wipe my memory of them and watch them all again. It's not like Friends or Only Fools and Horses where you can watch them over and over.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I wish I could wipe my memory of them and watch them all again. It's not like Friends or Only Fools and Horses where you can watch them over and over.

SYNS_head5.gif

Give it a few years. I went back and watched The Sopranos again from the beginning fairly recently and was amazed at how much I had forgotten. Still excellent viewing second time round.

SYNS_head5.gif

You know what I mean. Thrilling, plot twisting TV shows like 24, Prison Break and The Wire are amazing but they don't have the same repeat value as comedy shows imo.

Give it a few years. I went back and watched The Sopranos again from the beginning fairly recently and was amazed at how much I had forgotten. Still excellent viewing second time round.

Yeah, that's a good point. If you give it a long time you've probably forgotten most of it.

Watched Reservoir Dogs recently and loved it especially because its been ten years since I last saw it and couldn't remember most of it.

I'm watching the Sopranos now again. Downloaded through sky box. Addicted. Gonna watch 24 again too.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I loved 24. Just behind Sopranos and The Wire in my all time favourites.

I'd agree that the casting of the Presidents was great. President Palmer was a great character but I loved hating President Logan. He was an evil ****et.

I think I'll give it another watch at some point soon.

Got the boxset for christmas. have only ever seen series 1 but just finishing off the Sopranos then gonna be all over this.

Got the boxset for christmas. have only ever seen series 1 but just finishing off the Sopranos then gonna be all over this.

Filming it this summer according to Kief.

Yeah, that's a good point. If you give it a long time you've probably forgotten most of it.

Watched Reservoir Dogs recently and loved it especially because its been ten years since I last saw it and couldn't remember most of it.

resevoir dogs is on at the cineworld fountainpark on the 15th if you've not seen it on the big screen...

Not sure about that, but did anyone watch the short film that was based in Africa and had Robert Carlisle as one of Jack's old pals?

Think it was between season 7 and 8.

24 : redemption was a precursor to day 7

Keifer Sutherlands schedule is holding up the 24 movie, and it is currently slated to start filming in the summer

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9/24/news/a398399/24-exec-gives-movie-update-the-issue-is-kiefers-schedule.html

24 : redemption was a precursor to day 7

Keifer Sutherlands schedule is holding up the 24 movie, and it is currently slated to start filming in the summer

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9/24/news/a398399/24-exec-gives-movie-update-the-issue-is-kiefers-schedule.html

Nice one. Sutherland's not been in anything that I can think of since 24. Wonder what is meant by Schedule?

Nice one. Sutherland's not been in anything that I can think of since 24. Wonder what is meant by Schedule?

he stars and is possibly a producer for his show touch

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He was in a new series. Can't remember the name though.

Edit - its called Touch. Post above.

Archived