Snow on the way

Budgie.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope your air conditiioning breaks. :cool4:

That's going to be a bit uncomfortable for a fat lad.

I can sense the jealousy from here. B)

Though yes - many Uruguayans are desperate to get into the office in January and February, because of the AC they have there, and don't have at home. And in my case, my three most important, indispensable possessions are:

1. My laptop - which will come as no surprise to anyone

2. My fan - life would indeed be miserable without it during the summer

3. My heater, for the long, cold winters here

PS. I'm not that fat either. Though given Uruguayans eat more meat per capita than any other people on the planet, and their penchant for dulce de leche in practically everything (they even put sugar on cheese and ham croissants, FFS), dieting here isn't the easiest task, it must be said.

Though yes - many Uruguayans are desperate to get into the office in January and February, because of the AC they have there, and don't have at home. And in my case, my three most important, indispensable possessions are:

PS. I'm not that fat either. Though given Uruguayans eat more meat per capita than any other people on the planet, and their penchant for dulce de leche in practically everything (they even put sugar on cheese and ham croissants, FFS), dieting here isn't the easiest task, it must be said.

:what:

:what:

It's this weird sugary marmaladey thing. I don't understand it either. I also don't understand how most Uruguayans manage to stay in shape given what they eat all the time!

It's this weird sugary marmaladey thing. I don't understand it either. I also don't understand how most Uruguayans manage to stay in shape given what they eat all the time!

That sounds ******* horrible!

Shaun Lawson is in South America where it doesn't snow all that much!!!!

:10900:

Actually, it doesn't snow here at all. Nor is there any ice or frost during the winter - yet it feels way, way colder than anything I ever experienced in the UK. That's the phenomenon of cold humidity, no insulation in the buildings and Baltic winds sweeping in from the River Plate for you: not pleasant at all.

:10900:

Actually, it doesn't snow here at all. Nor is there any ice or frost during the winter - yet it feels way, way colder than anything I ever experienced in the UK. That's the phenomenon of cold humidity, no insulation in the buildings and Baltic winds sweeping in from the River Plate for you: not pleasant at all.

Cold humidity is pretty bad in Uruguay, which is where Shaun is!!!!

Cold humidity is pretty bad in Uruguay, which is where Shaun is!!!!

Just performing a public service, that's all. :)

Though in all seriousness, the parallels between Scotland and Uruguay in general, Edinburgh and Montevideo in particular, have always been apparent to me: only more so now. I think the two countries are like long lost twins tbh.

Tl;dr Gordito B)

I now work in Penicuik. There was contingencies being put in place last week for having to close due to bad snow.

Have you experienced Penicuik snow before? If not you could be in for a treat.

So close to Edinburgh but when the temperature drops it can be like a different country even crazy on rare occasions.

Have you experienced Penicuik snow before? If not you could be in for a treat.

So close to Edinburgh but when the temperature drops it can be like a different country even crazy on rare occasions.

I have done but not for years. I always joke that its always snowing there as I remember travelling from sunny bonnyrigg out to arctic penicuik for training.

Penicuik is much higher above sea level. Mind my mate at work sending me a picture of him up to his chin in snow outside his house to accompany his phone call to the boss saying he wasn't coming in that day during the 2010 snow.

Penicuik is much higher above sea level. Mind my mate at work sending me a picture of him up to his chin in snow outside his house to accompany his phone call to the boss saying he wasn't coming in that day during the 2010 snow.

Plus those lovely Pentland hills to force that cold air a bit higher. I've also had to provide photos for a previous disbelieving boss....the extra one of me drinking coffee and eating chocolate digestives did not go down well though.

How do you upload a photo on here gents

You can upload to a website like Imageshack from your computer. Then link to it here with the tags...

kingantti1874

You can upload to a website like Imageshack from your computer. Then link to it here with the tags...

Cheers mate, just found the instructions

Snowing here in Dunfermline now...

:jjyay:

Woke up, had a look at this thread before opening the curtains, saw this post and immediately feared the worst :( snow in Kirkliston :(

Getting heavier here and the sky is full of it. Anyone able to tell me what it's like out Murrayfield way?

JamboCampbell

Getting heavier here and the sky is full of it. Anyone able to tell me what it's like out Murrayfield way?

Heavy (ish)

Snowing in Hamilton.

Not happy, absolute NAP that my train will be delayed or cancelled tomorrow. :(

And then if schools get shut we will be bombarded with the usual batch of stupid phonecalls.

Hate the snow!!!

:seething:

maroonlegions

This is pants according to this below, Arctic weather front to possibly last until mid February, sounds kinda like that weather front we got 4 years ago.

Temperature to fall to -20 in big freeze;

529589246.jpg

The cold snap could last as long as three weeks

Published on Tuesday 8 January 2013 09:14

link; http://www.scotsman....reeze-1-2724286

Poor bursd are starving!

That's the crazy *******s downstairs, probably poisons the bird feed anyway

. Snow on in Gorgie. Don't need boots yet tho.

Snowing heavily in Penicuik.....but then you should always assume its snowing here unless otherwise told. About to do the milk, roll and bacon run......I'm just going out for a while.......

Heavyish snow in corstorphine but roads seem fine.

Nice and warm with my bacon butty in the white lady tho :)

Not lying on the road out at the Gyle. My Frankie & Bennys Big Breakfast will munched very shortly. :pleasing:

Oh joy snow in livi. It's gonna be fun driving home the back roads to West Calder tonight my first time driving in the snow as well.

Bit of snow about today but nothing too substantial and the snow warnings for Monday and Tuesday has been vastly reduced.

A lot of the experts seem to be agreeing that a spell of -15 weather is on the way at the end of Jan into Feb and it will bring heavy snow like 2010.

By no means a certainty though as they have been wrong as often as they've been right in the past.

Not lying on the road out at the Gyle. My Frankie & Bennys Big Breakfast will munched very shortly. :pleasing:

Fat bassa.

Got up, banged up with a held cold..looked out the window, had my porridge, about to have a hot chocolate and watch last nights MoTD. Snow can do one.

I don't mind the snow and driving in snow, my problem is when it goes to black ice and I have 120 mile round trip on high mountain roads to get to work and back that kinda freaks me out a bit. Still we don't have any up here yet...

Nucky Thompson

Turned to sleet and not lying now in Corstorphine. The forecast is dry weather in the afternoon.

Archived