Snow on the way

Budgie.

Major snow on the way for most of the UK on Monday including us. 10-15 cm followed by high chance of even more as the week goes on

:pleasing:

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major snow on the way for most of the UK on Monday including us. 10-15 cm followed by high chance of even more as the week goes on

This yas!.gif

Nucky Thompson

I'll believe it when I see it. We had about 10 false alarms last year. Another snowless Winter will do me

Governor Tarkin

Dammit. Love a bit of snow. Heading back to work today and won't be back 'till the second half of February sometime so will miss all the fun.

the weather ive just looked at says its to be sunny next monday

Last time it was really bad snow, I could not get home from work. Because of that and my work needed folk in the next day they paid for a hotel room and breakfast. I also got ?65 overnight expenses which was mostly spent in the hotel bar.

From a purely personal point of view it causes me no end of chaos. Some drivers just have no idea how to drive in it.

Governor Tarkin

Too many haters on this thread.

Bunch of softies. Snow is cool as shit and you all know it*.

*disclaimer - for the first couple of days, then when the novelty wears off its a pain in the hoop.

From a purely personal point of view it causes me no end of chaos. Some drivers just have no idea how to drive.

FTFY

Too many haters on this thread.

Bunch of softies. Snow is cool as shit and you all know it*.

*disclaimer - for the first couple of days, then when the novelty wears off its a pain in the hoop.

Snow is only nice in a picture

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Woo Hoo!

Finally a chance to get shot of the ?3k's worth of sledges and snow shovels that have been sat in my backshop for the past 14 months!

That winter a couple of years ago was a barrel of laughs.

:)

Nothing better than looking out your window at the blizzarding snow while you await the email that tells you school is closed again the following day.

:biggrin:

Snow is always good if your young or don't work or don't have any commitments.

For me its bloody terrible. Mind that year it hit us hard? I couldn't get the car out of the street for more than a week.

Kids couldn't get to nursery (it was shut a lot of the time anyway) and i had to take a weeks holiday because my ******* boss doesn't pay me for being off.

:)

Nothing better than looking out your window at the blizzarding snow while you await the email that tells you school is closed again the following day.

:biggrin:

Babysitters and primary school kids love it. Meanwhile proper people with important stuff to do dread it.

I've got a class of Higher kids relying on me for real qualifications. The snow can GF itself.

Sergio Garcia

Think of all the slide tackles you can do in the snow folks, that should change your mind on the upcoming snow.

Then you get the benefit of coming in and having some nice and warm hot chocolate thanks to the snow.

For those two reasons alone you should all love the snow.

That time we got pumped bandy by the snow, I had to walk 4 miles to work and 4 miles back, every day for a week. I spent about 15 hours trudging about and falling on ma ******. It proper knacked me for weeks.

So **** off.

That time we got pumped bandy by the snow, I had to walk 4 miles to work and 4 miles back, every day for a week. I spent about 15 hours trudging about and falling on ma ******. It proper knacked me for weeks.

So **** off.

:jjyay:

Brullyint eh...

Babysitters and primary school kids love it. Meanwhile proper people with important stuff to do dread it.

I've got a class of Higher kids relying on me for real qualifications. The snow can GF itself.

JJYAY at the prospect of good kids having their opportunities of achieving the best possible qualification they can.

Cool.

Have had the luxury of working 10 mins away since leaving school 11 years ago. Work is moving into the town centre in a month or two and not looking forward to getting trains in a bad winter and then the walk up Morrison St from Haymarket. Have been spoiled so far I guess. Normally chill out listening to Boogie for 4-5 miles in my cozy car : )

JJYAY at the prospect of good kids having their opportunities of achieving the best possible qualification they can.

Cool.

What do you teach? If maths or physics k, if PE or that GTF.

:gok:

What do you teach? If maths or physics k, if PE or that GTF.

:gok:

PE, do me a favour love :muggy:

Cool.

JJYAY at the pomposity and arrogance of secondary teachers. ;)

All Gone Wrong

After the sh*t christmas dinner to thank us for driving through the snow 2 years ago, i can say this time i'm not doing it again for anybody Lothian Buses shove it. :11300:

JJYAY at the pomposity and arrogance of secondary teachers. ;)

Personal abuse reported. Fact remains, it's happy snow days for primary teachers because they aren't being relied on by kids to help them into uni right now. Pompous, arrogant or stone cold fact, you decide. B)

Personal abuse reported. Fact remains, it's happy snow days for primary teachers because they aren't being relied on by kids to help them into uni right now. Pompous, arrogant or stone cold fact, you decide. B)

More than enough online interactive ways for you to communicate with your students should snow close your school. :thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

Only snow forecast I can see for next week is for a wee bit next Wed/Thu.

In Edinburgh anyway

And by the time it comes around it will have probably been changed to plus 12 and sunny

The_razors_edge

Currently off work on paternity leave for 2 weeks followed by another 2 weeks annual leave. Best time to snow for me!! Might keep the health visitor away too.....bonus!!

So **** off.

At least you battered on to work. My work is only slightly further than that but no way was i trekking in the snow only to be greeted by work at the end of it.

Archived