'Flare' thrown during derby

HMFC 86

BobbyJenkins

Looked like a smoke bomb to me. Regardless, if it was a Hearts fan, it was a really daft thing to do. As for teh Evening Hobo gtf...

it was a smoke bomb 100%

edit - reading the comments the father doesn't come across too bad, people need to understand the difference between a flare and a smoke bomb

the kid sounds like more of a man than the dad.

also in the article its says it landed by the kids feet, I'd hardly say that's "inches" from a blinding/disfiguring injury

can someone enlighten me, if the game was on sky sports surely all it takes to find out if it was thrown is for someone to rewind sky+ no?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We get some amount of bad press eh? Disproportionate even.

Whoever threw it is a ****** though, Nae need. Was it definitely a Heart's supporter by the way?

:(

I thought the general opinion on here before was that a Hearts fan wouldn't have been able to throw a smoke bomb that far. From where I was sitting it looked like a fair distance from fans in section G.

Could it not have maybe been a Hibs fan attempting to throw it over to us but missed spectacularly; a bit like the stupid tw*t of a Tim who throw a flare into their own set of fans at Tynie not long ago?

Today, Andrew Snr, 33, said the reckless actions of one rival supporter could have blinded his son

Seems a bit presumptuous when we don't know where it came from.

Diadora Van Basten

No mention of the Hibs Section 43 youtube video which clearly showed Hibs fans with proper flares and smoke bombs.

No mention of the Hibs Section 43 youtube video which clearly showed Hibs fans with proper flares and smoke bombs.

:spoton: Seemed an awfy big coincidence

If a Hearts fan did through it then whoever it was must have had an arm like John Elway in his day because that is some distance to through a smoke bomb.

Seems strange that Hibs fans were letting of maroon and red flares / smoke bombs on their march before the game!

We get some amount of bad press eh? Disproportionate even.

Whoever threw it is a ****** though, Nae need. Was it definitely a Heart's supporter by the way?

:(

Unproven.

Francis Albert

Lots of them, and all of them apparently red/maroon.

Interesting the article doesn't mention the allegiance of the ball boy spitter.

Puzzled why police CCTV which must surely have been focussing on that corner of the ground can't shed any light on the incident.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I thought the general opinion on here before was that a Hearts fan wouldn't have been able to throw a smoke bomb that far. From where I was sitting it looked like a fair distance from fans in section G.

Could it not have maybe been a Hibs fan attempting to throw it over to us but missed spectacularly; a bit like the stupid tw*t of a Tim who throw a flare into their own set of fans at Tynie not long ago?

Seems a bit presumptuous when we don't know where it came from.

A couple of posters on here said it was definitely from our end. The polis are monitoring forums and camera footage apparently so no doubt these guys will be asked about what they saw...

Personally -having not seen the incident other than the smoke- I had been convinced that it was Hibs supporters who let it off, as the Sect42 YouTube video seems to back up... If it was not for a couple of forum members saying it came from the Hearts end then I'd be pretty sceptical likes.

How sure is everyone that this was not a sect42 smokebomb? :unsure:

Jambof3tornado

Taking your kid that age to a volatile derby.

:facepalm:

Shame on the parent.

Dont you know the children are our future!!

No reason kids cant go to derby matches if knuckle draggers can step out the 80s and behave like normal human beings or just not act like total twats at the football!!

john brownlee

how about this....... some hobbit threw the smoke/flare to section G but hit the floodlight tower bouncing back into the h1b5 end looking like it came from the Hearts end

deflecting the evidence as in the eveninghobit

If the smoke bomb was green would he gone to the evening news? I can't help but think he is just trying to get Hearts in trouble here. Is he annoyed at the smoke bomb going off or is he annoyed because he thinks Hearts fans threw it?

how about this....... some hobbit threw the smoke/flare to section G but hit the floodlight tower bouncing back into the h1b5 end looking like it came from the Hearts end

deflecting the evidence as in the eveninghobit

Did that happen? I did hear it was from Hearts end but that would be fantastic if it was true!

Can we stop calling it a flare please, it was a pissy wee smoke bomb that you can buy if you go paint-balling :lol:

Happend to be the same colour as the ones in the video as well....

Jambof3tornado

Chelsea have just announced that fans risk arrest for attempting to enter grounds with smoke bombs or flares and reminded fans that the club gets in trouble when eejits set them off in the stadium.

Super Marius

As horrific an experience it must have been for the poor lad (regardless of whether it was a smoke bomb or flare, that's not the point as the wee lad wasn't to know the difference), why does the parent have to go running to the Evening News to "sell" his story? Surely you wouldn't want to keep dragging up the whole sorry mess and put your kid through the hassle of being photographed in the media.

Where was the ballboy who got spat on story? Will he get a turn to tell the world and have a front page spread about him?

This smells the same as the time ratboy got coined at Tynie and was quick to blame the Hearts fans.

Of course, we remember how that turned out ,eh Deek?

Maybe the club could comment now and again when we get this crap in the press? It all seems rather one-sided.

I never seen it till the smoke in the stand but my mate said it came from our end and was some throw to get it to where it went off.

maroonlegions

I never seen it till the smoke in the stand but my mate said it came from our end and was some throw to get it to where it went off.

Who threw it superman, there has been some posters saying the distance needed to be overcomed was impossible,looks and smells like a Hobo feck up, there are very good at attempting various things but it usually ends up a farce, that in its self reeks and sounds like it was concocted and instigated by a bunch of Hobo bairns, from their lady flags and card display antics at the final to that hilarious card display at Easter Road in the first derby this year surely points to a section of Mr Beanmr-bean.jpg like Hobos who are behind this incident at Tynie, there is even u-tube evidence of them with these smoke bombs BEFORE the game.

Tommy Wiseau

A couple of posters on here said it was definitely from our end. The polis are monitoring forums and camera footage apparently so no doubt these guys will be asked about what they saw...

Personally -having not seen the incident other than the smoke- I had been convinced that it was Hibs supporters who let it off, as the Sect42 YouTube video seems to back up... If it was not for a couple of forum members saying it came from the Hearts end then I'd be pretty sceptical likes.

How sure is everyone that this was not a sect42 smokebomb? :unsure:

If a couple of posters on here said that it was raining outside, I'd put on a pair of shorts tbf.

Utter cringe from The Evening News as always. A burning flare ffs :lol:

'The eight-inch flare, which is understood to have been launched from among Hearts supporters in the Wheatfield Stand, ricocheted off a barrier on the front row of the upper tier of the Roseburn Stand before landing at the feet of young Andrew'

Why is it so difficult for them to understand the difference between flares and smoke bombs.

What chance the smoke bomb was actually thrown from further up the stand and ricocheted back off the barrier towards their own fans, it's not as if they don't have a history of it.

Something to throw into the mix (bad pun, unintentional); not a rule as such but I'm guessing that the vast majority of all incidents like these are instigated by the away support, in the UK anyway. The Home end tends to be much more 'sensible'.

Gregory House M.D.

So the smoke bomb infact came from behind The ###### Family? Interesting.

maroonlegions

Something to throw into the mix (bad pun, unintentional); not a rule as such but I'm guessing that the vast majority of all incidents like these are instigated by the away support, in the UK anyway. The Home end tends to be much more 'sensible'.

Correct yet more to add to the reality that this was a Hobo feck up and they are trying to offload the blame on Hearts fans, they are embarrassed yet again and as is with the final they are trying to bury their embarrassment of yet another almighty feck up..

Does a smoke bomb have 'embers'? What a strange article.

Not at all convinced it came from the Hearts end. I'm sure CCTV will reveal the truth though, whatever that is.

Correct yet more to add to the reality that this was a Hobo feck up and they are trying to offload the blame on Hearts fans, they are embarrassed yet again and as is with the final they are trying to bury their embarrassment of yet another almighty feck up..

Indeed, an age old tactic ... deflecting attention with attacks on the other guy ... big game of smoke and mirrors. Is it surprising though.

That video should be brought to the attention of the police and media,there is absolutely no evidence to say this came from the Wheatfield,think we may be getting stitched up here

Remnants of Standards

I saw something largish clearly being thrown from middle to upper G just after the ballboy incident. Next thing maroon smoke rises from their end. It absolutely came from our end (if indeed that said object caused this)

Destruction Derby

Can we stop calling it a flare please, it was a pissy wee smoke bomb that you can buy if you go paint-balling :lol:

This

I saw something largish clearly being thrown from middle to upper G just after the ballboy incident. Next thing maroon smoke rises from their end. It absolutely came from our end (if indeed that said object caused this)

Sniff sniff sniff

I'm smelling the distinct smell of shite in this post.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnyOc12jzDU

Said video of red smoke-bombs/flairs

Well that's pretty damning. Unless video can be produced showing Hearts fans with red flares/smoke bombs, etc the evidence points towards Hibs fans and I'm sure the media will pick up on that seeing as they appear to be very concerned about this story.

Nucky Thompson

So all the evidence points to it being a hobo smoke bomb apart from a couple of random 'hearts' fans on internet forum who think it came from the Wheatfield. So the Scotsman runs with the story about it coming from Hearts fans, hmmmm

Remnants of Standards

Sniff sniff sniff

I'm smelling the distinct smell of shite in this post.

sniff sniff...LOLZ. From the old main stand that's exactly what i saw. I'm interested in your theory though.

Chris Benoit

From the middle to upper G all the way to the concourse in the School End? Calling shenanigans on this shite unless anyone can prove Geoff Capes is a Hearts fan.

I was sat in the middle of section F and seen nothing thrown from the Hearts end. What I have seen is videos of hibs fans with smoke bombs exactly like the one that was set off in the roseburn stand.

From the middle to upper G all the way to the concourse in the School End? Calling shenanigans on this shite unless anyone can prove Geoff Capes is a Hearts fan.

It must have turned left when it reached past the side screens of stand.

:lol:

Utter shyte.

Remnants of Standards

Personally i hope it was all indeed a risible plot hatched in Leith, and that JKB's very own amateur sleuths clear our name. We shall see i guess.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Personally i hope it was all indeed a risible plot hatched in Leith, and that JKB's very own amateur sleuths clear our name. We shall see i guess.

It doesn't take much sleuthing to be fair. So far the only definite evidence produced shows Hibs fans with red flares and s bombs on the day of the game.

Posted on another thread about this... I was in lower G that night, row 3, seat 10. I would say the distance from me to said smoke bomb was too far for it to be launched. I saw nothing being thrown, so if it came from behind me, or further up section G, out of my sightline, that's some throw! Also, the coppers weren't shy about using video cameras to film both sets of fans... Surely if someone lobbed a smoke bomb they'd be picked up on them?

Archived