WWE

Beats

9 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Fairly enjoyable weekend from a WWE standpoint. No surprise but NXT delivered as per with Takeover Phoenix every match delivered in its own way. Gargano/Ricochet was absolutely ridiculous how good it was. 

Rumble last night was good as well. My only thing I’ll criticise is the WWE Title match between Bryan & Styles. Thought it was a real let down. Other than that every match was a great watch. Delighted with the winners of the Rumble matches won’t say incase not been seen yet. Was delighted to see The Bruiserweight Pete Dunne given an entry in the Men’s Rumble 

Hoped for a few more surprises in the rumble. Good but a bit of a let down on that. Fair play they now have NXT to consider but i think the legends make for the best fun.

My favourite moments are always the surprise appearances, for example when the counter drops to 0 and all of a sudden you hear "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW" just causes you to completely lose it. Although i loved the number 2 entry and.....I forget what entry NJ was.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know, been thinking about this, people moan about them doing different things and they did exactly that this time people still complain lol I'd rather see up and coming guys not normally get a  chance than a bunch of guys that you haven't seen in years get five mins. Thought the JJ and Elias promo was ace brought me back to the good old days haha Also loved the fact that Pete Dunne was in it, he has deserved it and deserves a run on the main roster too. Also loved the Becky bit along with Nia Jax thought they were don't just right, Nia Jax has been getting a lot of stick just for one mistake she made but the fans were happy to cheer for her winning the title last year. Agree with the Bryan match it was poor though good to see Rowan back.

On 28/01/2019 at 19:28, Bauld said:

Hoped for a few more surprises in the rumble. Good but a bit of a let down on that. Fair play they now have NXT to consider but i think the legends make for the best fun.

My favourite moments are always the surprise appearances, for example when the counter drops to 0 and all of a sudden you hear "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW" just causes you to completely lose it. Although i loved the number 2 entry and.....I forget what entry NJ was.

Can I just say that I ****ing freaked when I watched Raw after the Rumble last week. :rofl:

I'm sitting watching Elias and Double J doing their thing then all of a sudden "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!"

I was off my seat giving it "NO ****ING WAY" Thinking about this post I made the same day. :D

14 hours ago, Bauld said:

Can I just say that I ****ing freaked when I watched Raw after the Rumble last week. :rofl:

I'm sitting watching Elias and Double J doing their thing then all of a sudden "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW!"

I was off my seat giving it "NO ****ING WAY" Thinking about this post I made the same day. :D

that was class last week don't think many people were expecting that to happen

:cornette:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch Elimination Chamber last night? The main event and the final two was about as invested I've been in a WWE match in years. No spoilers, but it was incredible. Looking forward to where it leads?

5 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Anyone watch Elimination Chamber last night? The main event and the final two was about as invested I've been in a WWE match in years. No spoilers, but it was incredible. Looking forward to where it leads?

Bryan v Kofi was good , Ruby got squashed again. She could easily be main event talent. Sick of the 4H should of been Mandy and Sonya strapped. Id say Iiconics but they build them as a joke not a credible team. Giving Bayley and Sasha them was just predictable and boring. Why cause they had a match 5years ago woohoo things have majorly moved on since then. That said the whole chamber was a superb match and had some great spots possibly Nia and the Riott squads being the beat imo , so fair play to the ladies. Roussey suited her new gear and it was far better than seeing her adjust herself every 2secs. Rest of the ppv was ? made sense the lashley / balor finish. Made sense the Flair/Roussey/Becky bit but why bother wasting Rubys talents before that. I just hope they build the womens tag team belts properly get them off Bayley and Sasha and let a proper team run with them instead of burying them constantly.

letsalldothebeattie
18 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Absolutely loved the main event. With you was all in invested for the final two. WWE booked it so well and hope that they take it all the way to Mania as it’s a story worth working with 

44 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Absolutely loved the main event. With you was all in invested for the final two. WWE booked it so well and hope that they take it all the way to Mania as it’s a story worth working with 

A ladder match at Mania would be my preferred match.

letsalldothebeattie
21 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

A ladder match at Mania would be my preferred match.

Would be a great idea. Not had a ladder match at Mania for a few years now would love one title match to be a ladder match 

It was a bit 50/50 until the main event. 

Then it was excellent. I'm delighted and gutted for Kofi in equal measure. He is long overdue his chance.

With Smaller guys like AJ, Bryan, Balor etc all getting pushed there is now nothing standing in the way of guys like Kofi getting a chance at the top. 

He'll be 38 this year. In his prime and more than capable. He has been putting on a good show for over 10 years now. He sells massive amounts of merchandise and the crowds love him.

They need to give him his wrestlemania moment.

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t know if anyone’s had a chance to see Smackdown yet. Watched a bit of it before work and massive changes going into Fastlane in a couple weeks. Not going to say too much more but I’m hoping it’s going to lead to a massive Mania moment plus from what I’ve seen a couple of big returns on the blue brand one absolutely massive one 

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 08:43, letsalldothebeattie said:

Don’t know if anyone’s had a chance to see Smackdown yet. Watched a bit of it before work and massive changes going into Fastlane in a couple weeks. Not going to say too much more but I’m hoping it’s going to lead to a massive Mania moment plus from what I’ve seen a couple of big returns on the blue brand one absolutely massive one 

aye mate was good like, surprised about the ditch on Kofi has to be a work though for triple threat.

Also a massive return on raw lol

any of you guys going to NXT UK?

letsalldothebeattie
7 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

aye mate was good like, surprised about the ditch on Kofi has to be a work though for triple threat.

Also a massive return on raw lol

any of you guys going to NXT UK?

Not sure they will do triple threat at Fastlane my gut feeling is they’ve done this for Kofi to get his Mania moment and win the big one their. Amazing return on Monday was great to see big Dave back didn’t think they were going to go through with him v HHH at Mania because of the Game’s injury. 

Yeah im going to NXT UK at Glasgow got my tickets booked fast. After being at Blackpool for Takeover & Aftermath tapings & this being the first tapings for the brand in Scotland it was a no brainer for me. Can’t wait to see big Walter again

• 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Thought Fastlane was a complete waste of time as a show. An unnecessary stop on the road to Wrestlemania even more so when it’s a very predictable show for the fans watching. Hopefully we now get some serious build for the rest of the card for Mania with just over 3 weeks to go we’ve only got 2 matches that have been booked & built albeit they’ve over complicated the women’s title match. This is why I feel we don’t need two PPVs on between Rumble & Mania because you have to basically ignore build for mania until after Fastlane. Chamber would be fine as a stop between the two can set up no.1 contenders for titles not chosen by winners of rumble and still have a good build to Mania. WWE don’t half like to complicate and rush things through for Mania

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Thought Fastlane was a complete waste of time as a show. An unnecessary stop on the road to Wrestlemania even more so when it’s a very predictable show for the fans watching. Hopefully we now get some serious build for the rest of the card for Mania with just over 3 weeks to go we’ve only got 2 matches that have been booked & built albeit they’ve over complicated the women’s title match. This is why I feel we don’t need two PPVs on between Rumble & Mania because you have to basically ignore build for mania until after Fastlane. Chamber would be fine as a stop between the two can set up no.1 contenders for titles not chosen by winners of rumble and still have a good build to Mania. WWE don’t half like to complicate and rush things through for Mania

Nice touch putting the shield back together for one last match before Ambrose leaves the company.

Liked the way they put Becky back into mania.

Disliking the current Kofi angle hopefully it's with a view to him getting a push into the title picture at Mania.

Really looking forward to seeing AJ vs Orton.

Absolutely loving Joe as US champion. 

letsalldothebeattie
6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Nice touch putting the shield back together for one last match before Ambrose leaves the company.

Liked the way they put Becky back into mania.

Disliking the current Kofi angle hopefully it's with a view to him getting a push into the title picture at Mania.

Really looking forward to seeing AJ vs Orton.

Absolutely loving Joe as US champion. 

Shield was nice touch not sure Ambrose is actually leaving think it’s a work. 

To me the Becky situation on Sunday was so predictable with Ronda coming in and hitting her. I’ve loved the build & twitter battle between Becky & Ronda but on TV the story has been so messy & stupid it’s almost ruined it for me. 

Ive loved the Kofi story it’s been great clear everything that happened Sunday was to build more love for Kofi & more push for his Mania match. I did feel bad for Mustafa Ali on Sunday that could’ve went horribly wrong for him like Mysterio 2014 Rumble with Bryan situation at that time. Thankfully he, Bryan & Owens managed to put on a hell of a match 

AJ/Orton should be great at Mania. If Orton has his mentality right for it they should put on a great match 

Joe as champ was a shock on Smackdown didn’t see that coming the fatal 4 way & repeat on Fastlane was excellent. He brings an air of legitimacy to the title which it has so badly needed and really hope early rumours are true that it’ll be Joe v Cena in a US open challenge at Mania. Give them 10/15 mins promo back and forth and then 15-20 min match with Joe chocking our Cena to retain and that will be massive for both Joe & the title

• 4 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

What a weekend of Wrestling. Got to say very much enjoyed Mania overnight first time in a long time it’s not felt like a slog (weird saying that for a near 8 hour show Kick off to finish) and barring 1 match on the card every match served a purpose and were entertaining. Just going to say it not spoiling anything for anyone who never stayed up to watch but I was disappointed in Triple H/Batista for no holds barred it failed to deliver for me. 

As always we all know TakeOver delivered and then some. For me best TakeOver ever. Thought every match was excellent. Dunne/Walter match of the night and that’s not a NXT UK bias comment thought they truly brought it and delivered a top notch match. 

Finally feeling a bit human after a great weekend of Wrestling. Takeover as usual set the bar for the main roaster thought War Raiders and Pete Dunne matches stole the show though.

Hall of Fame was a decent watch this year and the Bret moment made the event for me.

Mania was one of the better ones for a while, a few lows which was as well HHH v Batista and also let down was AJ V Randy Orten. but more highs on a card which which looked rubbish before it. Liked the Cena pop and glad Taker didn't show up, strange ending to the womens but means something bound to happen on Raw the night.

letsalldothebeattie
12 hours ago, Jambo316 said:

Finally feeling a bit human after a great weekend of Wrestling. Takeover as usual set the bar for the main roaster thought War Raiders and Pete Dunne matches stole the show though.

Hall of Fame was a decent watch this year and the Bret moment made the event for me.

Mania was one of the better ones for a while, a few lows which was as well HHH v Batista and also let down was AJ V Randy Orten. but more highs on a card which which looked rubbish before it. Liked the Cena pop and glad Taker didn't show up, strange ending to the womens but means something bound to happen on Raw the night.

Yeah agree with War Raiders match being one of the best of TakeOver thought them & Ricochet/Aleister Black we’re excellent. For the first time they’ve met in the ring they had some excellent chemistry and feel they could do anything. 

Not seen the Hall Of Fame it’s not usually something I watch over Mania weekend but have seen it’s been one of the best for a while. I have seen the Bret incident and love the video that shows Scott Dawson laying into the guy on his way out. 

I thought Orton/Styles was a pretty decent match. 

I am looking forward to seeing Returns/Debuts/Call Ups on Raw & Smackdown. Usually the best Raw of the year just because of that & crowd make it so much easier to watch

Edited by letsalldothebeattie

• 1 month later...
letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Looks like WWE is leaving Sky after 30yrs. 

BT Sport picking it up by all accounts...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwe-bt-sport-latest-sky-16156578

Interesting move from WWE one that could cost them big time here. Not everyone has BT and not everyone is going to add BT on top of Sky & a WWE Network subscription. This move could see them lose a lot of viewership in the UK. Add in that AEW looks set to be based on ITV starting with Double or Nothing next weekend it’s not the ideal time to be making decisions like this that could harm them in one of the biggest and most loyal markets they have outwith the US. 

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Interesting move from WWE one that could cost them big time here. Not everyone has BT and not everyone is going to add BT on top of Sky & a WWE Network subscription. This move could see them lose a lot of viewership in the UK. Add in that AEW looks set to be based on ITV starting with Double or Nothing next weekend it’s not the ideal time to be making decisions like this that could harm them in one of the biggest and most loyal markets they have outwith the US. 

It’s also arguable that not everyone has Sky Sports and Sky’s package structure is also prohibitive (ie. generally you end up taking Sky Entertainment to get cheaper access to Sky Sports).

What is worth considering is that BT TV’s viewing base and Virgin Media’s (which most packages include BT Sport) would see a similar number of customers to Sky Sports.

I would also add - BT will also promote WWE more positively than Sky has. 

Edited by Mysterion

letsalldothebeattie

Well for a show that wasn’t really built as anything special this year got to say MITB was a fantastic watch. Didn’t really hold much hope for it because it’s almost been an afterthought for the last few weeks to month. Especially given they didn’t even hold qualifiers this year. 

Womens match was excellent they seem to be getting more and more comfortable with this match type and they are starting to pull things out they probably were scared to do in the previous ones. 

Rollins/Styles was as to be expected excellent. Would’ve loved to seen them be given at least another half hour. It was fantastic for 20 mins but would’ve liked to see what they could’ve done with even more time. 

Kingston/Owens was great as well. Loving that they are booking Kofi as a strong champion unlike some who’ve maybe been put in that situation over the years. 

Mens ladder match was everything you want and more. Fast paced absolutely mental car crash match. Some of the moves and bumps Bálor, Andrade, Ali & Ricochet took were absolutely insane.

Not going to spoil the finish for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet but I was very unhappy with the outcome of who won it. I get it was a shock and surprise but not for me 

6 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Well for a show that wasn’t really built as anything special this year got to say MITB was a fantastic watch. Didn’t really hold much hope for it because it’s almost been an afterthought for the last few weeks to month. Especially given they didn’t even hold qualifiers this year. 

Womens match was excellent they seem to be getting more and more comfortable with this match type and they are starting to pull things out they probably were scared to do in the previous ones. 

Rollins/Styles was as to be expected excellent. Would’ve loved to seen them be given at least another half hour. It was fantastic for 20 mins but would’ve liked to see what they could’ve done with even more time. 

Kingston/Owens was great as well. Loving that they are booking Kofi as a strong champion unlike some who’ve maybe been put in that situation over the years. 

Mens ladder match was everything you want and more. Fast paced absolutely mental car crash match. Some of the moves and bumps Bálor, Andrade, Ali & Ricochet took were absolutely insane.

Not going to spoil the finish for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet but I was very unhappy with the outcome of who won it. I get it was a shock and surprise but not for me 

Same as you man thought it was an excellent PPV. Some pops obvious others not so much but were when you thought about it :)

I would rather Drew had one if I had to pick and he cashed it in at Glasgow in November for Raw as that pop would have got the crowd going mental.

Speaking of which are you going? I'm planning to try get my tickets tomorrow

letsalldothebeattie
20 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Same as you man thought it was an excellent PPV. Some pops obvious others not so much but were when you thought about it :)

I would rather Drew had one if I had to pick and he cashed it in at Glasgow in November for Raw as that pop would have got the crowd going mental.

Speaking of which are you going? I'm planning to try get my tickets tomorrow

Yeah Drew was my pick either him or Andrade but given Bayley one I knew they wouldn’t do 2 Smackdown superstars winning. I never thought about that Drew cashing in at Raw in Glasgow would’ve been massive for me I’d have put up with Seth cashing in at Mania, but not to be. 

Yeah im going. Not had an email yet about pre sale which is a worry usually get one by now. But if not I’ll be on right away on Wednesday. Sucks we can’t get Smackdown as well 

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Yeah Drew was my pick either him or Andrade but given Bayley one I knew they wouldn’t do 2 Smackdown superstars winning. I never thought about that Drew cashing in at Raw in Glasgow would’ve been massive for me I’d have put up with Seth cashing in at Mania, but not to be. 

Yeah im going. Not had an email yet about pre sale which is a worry usually get one by now. But if not I’ll be on right away on Wednesday. Sucks we can’t get Smackdown as well 

pre sale is tuesday man 

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

pre sale is tuesday man 

Yeah finally got my pre sale email. 

RustyRightPeg

Anyone watch AEW DON?

Great show, and a massive shot fired from Cody at HHH!.

Also, a nice unexpected debut at the end of the show.

Saul Goodman
8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Anyone watch AEW DON?

Great show. Cody/Dustin was awesome. Moxley was brilliant to end. Hangman is the future of the business 

Decent in the end but can't help but feel its going to be another company that just has a point to prove to Vince which is doomed to fail but depends on the other surprise signings that are no doubt yet to come 

letsalldothebeattie

Not seen it yet but hoping to watch it tonight. Can’t wait to see Cody v Dustin from everything I’ve seen since DON & delighted for Moxley this is what he needs and can’t wait to see him flourish as he wants to be and not be held back like WWE were doing. 

I really hope this works out in the long run we desperately need a top level alternative to WWE and something to compete with them as well and if this continues as it’s started it can only be a good thing because WWE will then have to really up its game 

12 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not seen it yet but hoping to watch it tonight. Can’t wait to see Cody v Dustin from everything I’ve seen since DON & delighted for Moxley this is what he needs and can’t wait to see him flourish as he wants to be and not be held back like WWE were doing. 

I really hope this works out in the long run we desperately need a top level alternative to WWE and something to compete with them as well and if this continues as it’s started it can only be a good thing because WWE will then have to really up its game 

The amount of wrestlers who have been released with no problem and are working in AEW without the damage of the WWE no work clauses is interesting....Even Hart with his retainer there has to be something not quite as it seems for that to happen surely.

double or nothing was great, matches were good and a few surprises thrown in.

if AEW can keep up the momentum and standards high then WWE should be worried, wwe is in decline and talent dont seem to be happy. 

the perfect scenario is AEW is a success and WWE are forced to get its act together then there are two good products to watch. 

letsalldothebeattie
13 hours ago, Dinger said:

double or nothing was great, matches were good and a few surprises thrown in.

if AEW can keep up the momentum and standards high then WWE should be worried, wwe is in decline and talent dont seem to be happy. 

the perfect scenario is AEW is a success and WWE are forced to get its act together then there are two good products to watch. 

Well WWE can’t get any worse really. Not seen it all yet but watched some of Raw before work. 1 hour to get a match on the show and that was a quick squash match involving Shane. I’ve been very loyal to WWE for most of the last 30 years but they are really starting to test my patience. AEW coming along at the right time for a lot of people and as has been said by many if they can keep the momentum going and put on excellent tv as well as PPVs then that’s good for fans and hopefully a shot in the arm for WWE. 

My only worry for WWE is that things won’t improve until Vince gives up the reigns and let’s Triple H run the show and we get NXT standard shows and PPVs. And I can’t see Vince giving up anytime soon even though he very badly needs to. He’s an old man and has had his time. He can’t keep up with or understand the new product that’s being put out by so many promotions and until change happens and we get Trips running things WWE is going to fall way behind

On 26/05/2019 at 10:28, RustyRightPeg said:

Anyone watch AEW DON?

Watched most of it, hopefully will watch the rest later.

Cody vs Dustin was good. 

Impressed so far - early days though. 2hr weekly TV show due to start soon - to be on one of the ITV channels (2 or 4).

AEW will win ratings from WWE if they scrap the PG pish which has dragged wwe down for years and develop some good storylines not confined to those parameters. 

This is a programme about guys battering **** out of each other. It is not meant to be child friendly. 

20 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Well WWE can’t get any worse really. Not seen it all yet but watched some of Raw before work. 1 hour to get a match on the show and that was a quick squash match involving Shane. I’ve been very loyal to WWE for most of the last 30 years but they are really starting to test my patience. AEW coming along at the right time for a lot of people and as has been said by many if they can keep the momentum going and put on excellent tv as well as PPVs then that’s good for fans and hopefully a shot in the arm for WWE. 

My only worry for WWE is that things won’t improve until Vince gives up the reigns and let’s Triple H run the show and we get NXT standard shows and PPVs. And I can’t see Vince giving up anytime soon even though he very badly needs to. He’s an old man and has had his time. He can’t keep up with or understand the new product that’s being put out by so many promotions and until change happens and we get Trips running things WWE is going to fall way behind

Sadly I think Vince will be in full control until the day he dies. 

letsalldothebeattie
36 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Sadly I think Vince will be in full control until the day he dies. 

I have to agree but would love to be proven wrong. You would think the board of directors would have some concerns about the product and how bad it’s getting and how low the ratings are going

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I have to agree but would love to be proven wrong. You would think the board of directors would have some concerns about the product and how bad it’s getting and how low the ratings are going

He’s got too much of an ego and control of what goes on. Hard for him to see the wood for the trees and the damage he’s doing.

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

He’s got too much of an ego and control of what goes on. Hard for him to see the wood for the trees and the damage he’s doing.

Agree

54 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Will give this a listen after work. Heard this is a cracking listen with what Moxley/Ambrose has to say. 

RustyRightPeg

5 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Podcast is pretty eye opening. Moxley mentions that Vince tried to get him to say a line about Roman's cancer that he thinks would've lost the WWE sponsors.

I wish I could say I'm surprised...

letsalldothebeattie

Listened to the podcast with Moxley last night. Fantastic listen. Somebody should make Vince listen to it to make him realise how out of touch he is

Still convinced there is something not right. Sami Zayn referenced them on Monday night and Cody referencing HHH. Then add to that the WWE guys like Bret Hart who has a contract with WWE. Just seems strange.

Kenny Omega

Moxley just beat Juice Robinson in a slugfest at the Best of the super Jnrs  for the IWGP US belt. 

Refreshing seeing Moxley wrestle how he wanted and not how Vince wants. 

letsalldothebeattie

Super ShowDown was decent last night, HHH/Orton a decent match. Show spoiled by the Main Event good god that Goldberg/Undertaker match was an absolute car crash. I felt for both guys I don't think either really wanted to do the match but Saudi Sports Government wanted it

letsalldothebeattie

They’ve only gone and done it again. AEW All Out sold out in 15 minutes absolutely nuts to see them still selling out so fast

41 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

They’ve only gone and done it again. AEW All Out sold out in 15 minutes absolutely nuts to see them still selling out so fast

Insane but its the only possible viable alternative to WWE and fans are fed up of the same product so its kind of expected. Still think there has to be something up as WWE referenced it which has to have been okayed by Vince McMahon as Sami Zayn is still getting booked in bits with Rollins. Then you have the likes of Bret Hart turning up with the AEW belt and he’s just been at the HOF and is on a legends contract. You aren’t going to risk that pay off , you imagine anyway.