WWE

Beats

It all depends how u look at the tag match.

I myself really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how he was going to do the one man band tag team by himself and they thought of something different to do. Not for everyone I get that but the crowd responded to it and that's what matters. Place erupted when the lad got tagged in it was great to see, how bad for the kid if no one did anything lol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Ronda Rousey match - that was really well done. 

Shane McMahon - the guy is a class act. Given he was not 100% i thought his contributions were superb.

Nakamura heel turn - good. 

Flair retaining the belt - didn't think that was great. 

"This is awful chants" - On the one hand sad to see but part of me thought that was quite amusing. I doubt Vince McMahon will get the message.

Came across very loud and clear during that Lesnar/Reigns match surprised Vince never got Kevin’s Dunn to mute them like he usually does in situations like that. Probably highly unlikely but I wonder if lack of crowd investment and awful chants made them pull a switch midway through and have Lesnar retain because everything including those in the know like Meltzer had Reigns winning that 

Unknown user

I have to ask, when you guys talk about fights going the way they should have, how pleased you are for individuals etc, are we talking about it in soap opera terms? (Don't know how to put that better)

Is it like "oh I was delighted to see Scott and Charlene tying the knot at last"? (Showing my age there!)

I get that it's a spectacle, entertainment, so I get why people enjoy it, but I don't really get why it's talked about as a competition rather than a show with characters.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I have to ask, when you guys talk about fights going the way they should have, how pleased you are for individuals etc, are we talking about it in soap opera terms? (Don't know how to put that better)

Is it like "oh I was delighted to see Scott and Charlene tying the knot at last"? (Showing my age there!)

I get that it's a spectacle, entertainment, so I get why people enjoy it, but I don't really get why it's talked about as a competition rather than a show with characters.

bit of both, some wrestlers popularity depend how good they are on the mic. Most people hate Reigns cause of his ability to promote a match.

The matches it self get spoke about cause of the moves or even how they came to the conclusion of the match. Its a mix of the both for me anyway,

letsalldothebeattie
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I get your way you’re trying to put it and just like soaps everyone has favourites and ones they hate in wrestling. When one of my favourites win yes I’m pleased but at the same time if they lose and the match they put on is a good spectacle to watch I can’t be too disappointed with what I’ve seen. 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

bit of both, some wrestlers popularity depend how good they are on the mic. Most people hate Reigns cause of his ability to promote a match.

The matches it self get spoke about cause of the moves or even how they came to the conclusion of the match. Its a mix of the both for me anyway,

14 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I get your way you’re trying to put it and just like soaps everyone has favourites and ones they hate in wrestling. When one of my favourites win yes I’m pleased but at the same time if they lose and the match they put on is a good spectacle to watch I can’t be too disappointed with what I’ve seen. 

Cheers for taking it the spirit intended. I see what you're saying, it is a show but at the same time, like anyone would talk about a film, you immerse yourself in it and talk about it like it's real. None of us really thought Neo was in the Matrix but we'll talk about how cool Morpheus was or how badass agent Smith was - I'm with you.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Although the outcomes of the matches are predetermined and some of it is carefully choreographed a lot of matches are also heavily reliant on improvisation. 

Yes it is "fake" but the bumps are still painful, dangerous and injuries are almost guaranteed. It's an insult and unfair to compare it to a soap opera. They end up in worse shape than professional boxers when their careers are over. 

One major botch last night was Cena falling too early from undertakers boot and it looked horrendous. He was almost on the deck before taker lifted his leg.

On 08/04/2018 at 21:41, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Eh, I'm reading this and watching the masters. :sweeet:

Ha ha, dont mind golf myself actually! My

point stands though!!

Millions if people get engrossed in Eastenders multiple times a week. They know its fake, right?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

point stands though!!

Millions if people get engrossed in Eastenders multiple times a week. They know its fake, right?

I wondered why I couldn't find it on a map. ?

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Bauld said:

Although the outcomes of the matches are predetermined and some of it is carefully choreographed a lot of matches are also heavily reliant on improvisation. 

Yes it is "fake" but the bumps are still painful, dangerous and injuries are almost guaranteed. It's an insult and unfair to compare it to a soap opera. They end up in worse shape than professional boxers when their careers are over. 

One major botch last night was Cena falling too early from undertakers boot and it looked horrendous. He was almost on the deck before taker lifted his leg.

I'm comparing them as characters in staged shows with pre defined outcomes, nothing more. I don't see how that's insulting anyone but to each their own.

11 hours ago, TheBigO said:

point stands though!!

Bit like marvel comics. Loads of people like Batman etc but yet its not cool to like WWE.

Anyway even better Raw last night, a few surprises and glad to see finally Authors of Pain finally making their debut.

Didn't see Lesnar resigning though this will be why he won on Sunday as it was all pointing for a Reigns wins even the bookies had it down for that.

Glad to see Joe and Hardy back too.

19 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Bit like marvel comics. Loads of people like Batman etc but yet its not cool to like WWE.

Anyway even better Raw last night, a few surprises and glad to see finally Authors of Pain finally making their debut.

Didn't see Lesnar resigning though this will be why he won on Sunday as it was all pointing for a Reigns wins even the bookies had it down for that.

Glad to see Joe and Hardy back too.

I don't watch much of NXT but i saw Authors of Pain on the Takeover show and they have a big future (if booked correctly). 

Lesnar - must be short term leading up to his UFC return. He needs to be in the testing pool for 6months to be able to fight. I'm guessing he could be around a couple of months or as late as Summerslam before he leaves to train for a fight in November.

Bobby Lashley returning - I picked up that Wade Keller suggests he (Lashley) has come a long way and improved during his time on the Indies/TNA and is better equipped for this WWE run. Lashley has done MMA fights too so there's a real opportunity to match up with Lesnar. 

Lashley is back!!! :D

I knew he was coming a couple of months ago but delighted he's here. He's improved considerably over the last decade and he has been tipped to absolutely destroy lesnar allowing lesnar to leave agai 

12 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Lashley is back!!! :D

I knew he was coming a couple of months ago but delighted he's here. He's improved considerably over the last decade and he has been tipped to absolutely destroy lesnar allowing lesnar to leave again for UFC

Also Jeff Hardy expected to move to Smackdown and go single again.

Him and AJ have a solid history in TNA. It was even how Jeff made his debut in 2004.

letsalldothebeattie

Loved last nights Raw. Didn’t feel like 3 hours while watching it unlike most weeks. 

Great to see Ember Moon called up although would’ve rather seen her go to Smackdown her v Charlotte for the title would be amazing. Not too bothered about No Way Jose can see him going the way of Tyler Breeze and many others who’ve been poorly booked since called up. 

Great to see Joe & Jeff back knew they’d been cleared for weeks but still great when they finally came out.

Lashley back to fued with Lesnar at Summerslam apparently. Don’t know if that’s something I want to see 

Wonder who’ll go to Smackdown tonight

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Loved last nights Raw. Didn’t feel like 3 hours while watching it unlike most weeks. 

Great to see Ember Moon called up although would’ve rather seen her go to Smackdown her v Charlotte for the title would be amazing. Not too bothered about No Way Jose can see him going the way of Tyler Breeze and many others who’ve been poorly booked since called up. 

Great to see Joe & Jeff back knew they’d been cleared for weeks but still great when they finally came out.

Lashley back to fued with Lesnar at Summerslam apparently. Don’t know if that’s something I want to see 

Wonder who’ll go to Smackdown tonight

Sanity will be joining Smackdown

:pleasing:

I'd also like to see Adam Cole or Drew McIntyre. Cole has a belt so it won't be him.

13 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Sanity will be joining Smackdown

:pleasing:

I'd also like to see Adam Cole or Drew McIntyre. Cole has a belt so it won't be him.

Sanity will be ace. EY has been vastly underrated by many over the years (IMO).

McIntyre needs to pick up the pieces in NXT after his injury. He was on course before his injury but I think he needs to have a prolonged run as NXT champ before he steps back up.

letsalldothebeattie

In terms of call ups Smackdown was poor. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce the only call ups for the blue brand. I’m glad they are up especially Royce who’s a great in ring worker but to only have them two as call ups is a bit of a let down. But they did have a major impact on the show setting up for Carmella

Paige as new GM glad they’ve found something meaningful to do now she’s officially retired from the ring. Think she will do a good job. Absolution to Smackdown next week in the superstar shakeup maybe? Plus booked an amazing main event with Styles & DBry 

Edited by letsalldothebeattie

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

In terms of call ups Smackdown was poor. Billie Kay & Peyton Royce the only call ups for the blue brand. I’m glad they are up especially Royce who’s a great in ring worker but to only have them two as call ups is a bit of a let down. But they did have a major impact on the show setting up for Carmella

Paige as new GM glad they’ve found something meaningful to do now she’s officially retired from the ring. Think she will do a good job. Absolution to Smackdown next week in the superstar shakeup maybe? Plus booked an amazing main event with Styles & DBry 

I was disappointed as well. I had been told Sanity would be getting the call up.

Still if the rumours are right about Jeff moving to Smackdown as a singles competitor that will certainly open up a new set of possibilities.

With him and Daniel Bryan back in the ring that is a replacement for Zayn and Owens and a massive upgrade at that. 

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I was disappointed as well. I had been told Sanity would be getting the call up.

Still if the rumours are right about Jeff moving to Smackdown as a singles competitor that will certainly open up a new set of possibilities.

With him and Daniel Bryan back in the ring that is a replacement for Zayn and Owens and a massive upgrade at that. 

I had heard Sanity were going up as well I can understand them not wanting to leave NXT lacking in quality but it’s not like they are involved in anything major on NXT just now.

I would like to see Jeff go solo on Smackdown but I think they could keep him on Raw with that tease with Matt & Bray and the whole Brother Nero bit and could he be in the IC scene with Balor & Rollins. 

Don't forget still the superstar shake up next week so could still be a few more surprises. I think Big Cass will be drafted to smackdown as heard he has been cleared.

Glad they didn't make another mockery of the cash in and Carmella now the champ.

I am glad Paige is the new GM though wanted it to be JJ.

letsalldothebeattie
48 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Don't forget still the superstar shake up next week so could still be a few more surprises. I think Big Cass will be drafted to smackdown as heard he has been cleared.

Glad they didn't make another mockery of the cash in and Carmella now the champ.

I know but I don’t think that will include anymore NXT call ups this will just be Raw to smackdown. I am looking forward to it I just hope they actually make some big changes and not just the run of the mill mid carders moving  

51 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Jeff Jarrett would have been amazing. 

The odd guitar over the head for those who step over the line :pleasing:

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Jeff Jarrett would have been amazing. 

The odd guitar over the head for those who step over the line :pleasing:

aye would have been though I bet Xvair Woods gets drafted to Raw now.....

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Jambo316 said:

aye would have been though I bet Xvair Woods gets drafted to Raw now.....

I was wondering if this would be the time to split the new day up. They’ve been one hell of a group but feel they’ve kinda ran their course now. Time for them to give Woods & E the singles pushes they both deserve 

letsalldothebeattie

Few interesting developments last night. Rusev has gone from facing Taker in a casket match at the Greatest Royal Rumble to being replaced by Chris Jericho, Rusev apparently now in the 50 man rumble instead, but more interestingly hes completely removed all mention of WWE from his social media. I hope this doesn't mean the rumours of him asking for his release are true and that's coming

KO going all out with this fired storyline he has re-opened his Pro Wrestling Tees Kevin Steen shop selling all his Kevin Steen indie t shirts

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Few interesting developments last night. Rusev has gone from facing Taker in a casket match at the Greatest Royal Rumble to being replaced by Chris Jericho, Rusev apparently now in the 50 man rumble instead, but more interestingly hes completely removed all mention of WWE from his social media. I hope this doesn't mean the rumours of him asking for his release are true and that's coming

KO going all out with this fired storyline he has re-opened his Pro Wrestling Tees Kevin Steen shop selling all his Kevin Steen indie t shirts

Aye seen that on the belt group im in on facebook. if its true then wwe have made a huge mistake. If the crowd gets you then you are a huge star and only WWE loss there.

KO has been badly managed as well in this one not liked him at all since he moved over to smackdown and was a huge fan of his on raw.

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

Aye seen that on the belt group im in on facebook. if its true then wwe have made a huge mistake. If the crowd gets you then you are a huge star and only WWE loss there.

KO has been badly managed as well in this one not liked him at all since he moved over to smackdown and was a huge fan of his on raw.

Yeah I cant help but feel if Rusev is to be leaving then its a massive mistake on WWE part he has been so over for months now and to even get the Rusev day chants throughout the main event of Mania shows how much the fans want him pushed.

Totally agree KO has been so poorly managed I thought when he moved to Smackdown they could've made him so big put the WWE title on him and just let him run with it. I do hope he goes back to Raw and they can sort him out but given Lesnar, Reigns & Joe all seem to be in the Universal picture, Rollins, Miz & Balor & even now Jeff Hardy seem to be the IC scene just now I feel he could be left in limbo because of how poorly he has been booked over the past year.

• 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Greatest Royal Rumble from Jeddah at 5pm uk time. Mental a pay per view on at a decent hour here. 

Should be a decent show 7 title matches plus Cena v HHH & Taker v Rusev in a casket match and the 50 man rumble. 

Thoughts on tonight? 

Seen an an interesting thing earlier. Apparently Sami Zayn isn’t in Jeddah because of his Syrian heritage, a lot of hostility between Saudi & Syria and WWE didn’t want to cause trouble having him at the show. Shame for Sami but I get WWE stand given how much money WWE are getting from this 

• 2 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Backlash was a massive disappointment. Started off brilliantly with Rollins v Miz. Orton v Hardy was ok & Styles v Nakamura was excellent until the finish. The rest of it felt like watching a glorified Raw or Smackdown.

Backlash was a massive disappointment. Started off brilliantly with Rollins v Miz. Orton v Hardy was ok & Styles v Nakamura was excellent until the finish. The rest of it felt like watching a glorified Raw or Smackdown.

Aye same as you. what was the point in Reigns winning that match? Should have been Joe. Charlotte V Carmella should have been the main event.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Jambo316 said:

Aye same as you. what was the point in Reigns winning that match? Should have been Joe. Charlotte V Carmella should have been the main event.

Don’t get Reigns winning. Joe should’ve destroyed him setting him up for a shot at Styles or Nakamura for the WWE title. Charlotte v Carmella would’ve been a good main event id have rather seen Styles v Nakamura close the show. Failing that it should’ve been Rollins v Miz. It should

never have been Reigns v Joe

Up there with the worst stuff ive seen from wwe. Had been quite enjoying it but i think since mania they’ve got a lot wrong. The shakeup needs some major work to build some interest as its all over the place just now.

But even that aside, the booking was about as bad as youll see in all of wrestling the otger night. Rollins Miz the only one they got right. Even a match like Flair Mella, result was OK but the pin was so flat. Have Carmella cheat to win. I know its meant to but Carmellas screaming does my nut in!!!

Bryan Cass, correctly booked, poorly executed.

Bliss is fantastic but why have her dominate Jax? They’re ruining Jaxs run already. Have her dominate, it wont harm Alexa.

Nakamura looked the best he has since joining main roster, then they go end the match like that! Let them tear it up, give us a winner, let them move on or fight again.

Is it just me or has everything involving Lashley been clunky and almost painful to watch? Hes so unnatural i find his involvement awkward. Hi lease let that booking (terrible match) be tge breakup of Sami and Kevin, let them feud and move on. Maybe let Owens be face for a bit.

Main event? Meh. McMahon needs needs to get that hes killing his product with Reigns. Bit of me thinks the fans need to chill a bit on the issue as hes not that bad but he needs a heel turn or at least a few defeats to stop this shit atmos ruining every ppv.

Dont think the joint ppvs will work. Look at that dross on sunday but Balor, Asuka, Rousey, Rusev, New Day, Usos, Bar, Alexander, all in the side lines instead of tearing it up. Even Ziggler and McIntyre. And thats not to mention the likes of Gargano, Cole and Cien.

Dont get it!!!!

• 1 month later...
letsalldothebeattie

Bloody hell what a weekend in WWE. As per TakeOver was off the chain from start to finish. Black/Sullivan aside I thought every match of the Card was unbelievable in so many ways. Era v Burch/Lorken was amazing and brutal some of the shots they took ouch I felt them watching. Ricochet v Dream was everything I hoped and more WWE have 2 top top stars on their hands if they book them well on main roster whenever they move up. Gargano v Ciampa was just brilliant exactly how I thought it would go. Surely a blow off at Brooklyn IV to end it all. 

Money in the bank honestly surprised me. It actually delivered. Aside from Reigns v Mahal which literally nobody cared about especially in the arena, it was a quality show from start to finish. The women’s ladder match was excellent, head and shoulders above last years but to be expected when you actually get most of the best from Raw & Smackdown in the match. I like where they could be heading with the Raw Women’s title picture. Styles v Nakamura was insane best of the series so far. The men’s ladder match as well was great intrigued to see how WWE book the cash in. 

Were still ill not even done yet. UK championship from Royal Albert Hall tonight & tomorrow 8pm on the Network plus Raw & Smackdown. Actually can’t wait for the next 2 nights as well 

10 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Money in the bank honestly surprised me. It actually delivered. Aside from Reigns v Mahal which literally nobody cared about especially in the arena, it was a quality show from start to finish. The women’s ladder match was excellent, head and shoulders above last years but to be expected when you actually get most of the best from Raw & Smackdown in the match. I like where they could be heading with the Raw Women’s title picture. Styles v Nakamura was insane best of the series so far. The men’s ladder match as well was great intrigued to see how WWE book the cash in. 

Were still ill not even done yet. UK championship from Royal Albert Hall tonight & tomorrow 8pm on the Network plus Raw & Smackdown. Actually can’t wait for the next 2 nights as well 

Not watched Takeover yet so trying to ignore your comments on it haha 

I enjoyed that PPV first one for a few months. Reigns and Mahal yeah I think Reigns gets a tough gig at times, always works well in matches but gets it tight from crowds who just aren't getting him. Womens ladder match was good thought it could have been a bit better but i have lot of optimism for that division these days so probably why. Loved the return of Ellsworth was brilliant how they did it. Cash in was quality too, only way Ronda was going to lose other than Naty costing Ronda the title. I'm opposite with Nakamura rival think its been too over done the low blows are getting boring now hope he takes on the Miz next. Glad Strowman won it, have a feeling Lashley will beat Brock at Summerslam with him leaving to UFC then Strowman to cash in on Lashley to start a feud after Summerslam when Brock leaves. 

Not watched any of the UK championship waiting till they stream it on the network but its sounding amazing so far. 

letsalldothebeattie

Just been announced tonight WWE finally following through with the UK shows. NXT UK is official tapings start next month onwards in Liverpool, Cambridge, Birmingham & Plymouth. Actually buzzing for this

letsalldothebeattie

Big Cass been released tonight. WWE have not long just posted this. Interesting wording in the short statement. Unlike others before him this one doesn’t wish him well in future endeavours. Sounds like something has happened and maybe been fired 

hmfc4life1991
16 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Big Cass been released tonight. WWE have not long just posted this. Interesting wording in the short statement. Unlike others before him this one doesn’t wish him well in future endeavours. Sounds like something has happened and maybe been fired 

It will be cause of the segment a few weeks ago when he went overboard with the mini Daniel Bryan 

Wasn't happy with being a mid carder. Plenty heat between the 2 parties

Went off script, which is sackable in WWE these days.

I think WWE just got fed up with him. He is shit on the mic and can't wrestle. They love to push big physical specimens but these days the fans demand ability. Not just freaks of nature. 

When not even Daniel Bryan can pull a decent match out of you you clearly don't belong there.

letsalldothebeattie
8 hours ago, Bauld said:

Wasn't happy with being a mid carder. Plenty heat between the 2 parties

Went off script, which is sackable in WWE these days.

I think WWE just got fed up with him. He is shit on the mic and can't wrestle. They love to push big physical specimens but these days the fans demand ability. Not just freaks of nature. 

When not even Daniel Bryan can pull a decent match out of you you clearly don't belong there.

Interesting that point of being shit on the mic. It’s like he’s got worse because I thought when he turned and split from Enzo his promos were intense and really good but since his return his promos have been shit and weak

• 4 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Well Extreme Rules was a big pile of shite for a PPV. In a show (including the pre show) had 3 “extreme” match types out of 12 and 1 of them was on the pre show. This right here shows that WWE need to move away from the gimmick PPV shows and keep these match types special again. Sanity v New Day on Pre Show was a decent match & Styles v Rusev I would say were the only matches to have a pass mark in this show. Rollins v Ziggler had all the makings of an instant classic in that Iron Man match especially getting to headline the show but couple things ruined it for me first was the first 7 falls happening in just under a 10

minute spell and the crowd clearly not caring and counting down the last 10 seconds of each minute as if it was the rumble. Who’d have thought in this day and age where Rollins is the hottest thing on the main roster and fans at the arena just don’t care about the match he’s in. Really hope Summerslam is better next month

letsalldothebeattie

All women’s Pay Per View announced on Raw. Taking place October 28th. Should be a cracking show if done properly. Raw, Smackdown & NXT women’s titles will be defended and finals of Mae Young Classic 2 will take place on the show as well. Apparently up to 50 female superstars including old and new will be in action. So hope this means we get something like Lita v Trish on the night. Given the talent as I said and I done properly this show could and should be as good if not better than likes of a Takeover because let’s face it most of the main roster shows have been terrible. 

All women’s Pay Per View announced on Raw. Taking place October 28th. Should be a cracking show if done properly. Raw, Smackdown & NXT women’s titles will be defended and finals of Mae Young Classic 2 will take place on the show as well. Apparently up to 50 female superstars including old and new will be in action. So hope this means we get something like Lita v Trish on the night. Given the talent as I said and I done properly this show could and should be as good if not better than likes of a Takeover because let’s face it most of the main roster shows have been terrible. 

A great as I think it is part of me thinks WWE are only doing it to make up for Saudi Arabia though that just me.

I agree though think utilised right it could be a cracking ppv. what I think they should do is announce tag ttle tournament for WWE division as this would be the perfect time for it. Would also give the Sahsa Bayley storyline a good way to set it off with one of them costing them the titles in the final or that?