• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Punk match with Cena was pretty damn special last night. They actually both sell a match well together when fighting each other...

Now to a point which i cant stop laughing at.. Beats... you say that Punk aint even in the top 20 wrestlers... if you think Punk isnt one of the best performers in the ring your deluding yourself..but as you said you dont watch much of the current WWE But even myself, as someone who doesnt even like Punk, he is possibly the best in ring performer with Dolph Ziggler in selling a match. Watch the Money in the Bank match with John Cena where he was incredible and even last nights match because if you say hes not even in the top 20 of in ring performers your total total bulls***.

He is one of the reasons this sport isn't as popular as it used to be. You said this... No thats not the reason

The reason is its now PG for the kids and He has actually made it intersting again after his little Pipe Bomb before Money in the Bank.

The Great Khali

Christ Beats can even troll a wrestling thread

Beats being serious IMO.

Sitting at home with his "I Hate Punk" teesh on as we speak.

That Punk match with Cena was pretty damn special last night. They actually both sell a match well together when fighting each other...

Now to a point which i cant stop laughing at.. Beats... you say that Punk aint even in the top 20 wrestlers... if you think Punk isnt one of the best performers in the ring your deluding yourself..but as you said you dont watch much of the current WWE But even myself, as someone who doesnt even like Punk, he is possibly the best in ring performer with Dolph Ziggler in selling a match. Watch the Money in the Bank match with John Cena where he was incredible and even last nights match because if you say hes not even in the top 20 of in ring performers your total total bulls***.

He is one of the reasons this sport isn't as popular as it used to be. You said this... No thats not the reason

The reason is its now PG for the kids and He has actually made it intersting again after his little Pipe Bomb before Money in the Bank.

What a load of pish you are talking.

Cena,Orton,Kane,Undertaker,The Rock,Big Show,Jericho and the Great Khali off the top of my head are all superior to Punk. That's without really thinking about it.

What does he bring to the party? Nothing that's what. No wonder he isn't getting his contract renewed.

I've watched WWF for years and this boy is shite. Can't wrestler worth a **** and he bores the crowds to death.

Cena,Orton,Kane,Undertaker,The Rock,Big Show,Jericho and the Great Khali off the top of my head are all superior to Punk. That's without really thinking about it.

What does he bring to the party? Nothing that's what. No wonder he isn't getting his contract renewed.

I've watched WWF for years and this boy is shite. Can't wrestler worth a **** and he bores the crowds to death.

Now I know you're at the wind up. Khali !! Superb

Now I know you're at the wind up. Khali !! Superb

No I'm not.

Khali is a good honest wrestler. Not used to his full potential at the moment.

I just don't like Punk. Boring as ****.

No I'm not.

Khali is a good honest wrestler. Not used to his full potential at the moment.

I just don't like Punk. Boring as ****.

To not like someone is fine. To say he can't wrestle better then many you have named is nonsense. Best stick to your attitude era DVDs

To not like someone is fine. To say he can't wrestle better then many you have named is nonsense. Best stick to your attitude era DVDs

All about opinions mate. But Punk is shit. He can wrestle a bit but he isn't anywhere near as good as the one's I've mentioned.

You are forgetting I've watched wrestling for many years back to the days of Dino Bravo. I've sat in the front row at the SECC when the Warlord went through a table. I think I know my stuff.

I respect your opinion I just think you are wrong on this occasion.

What was you guys favourite ever event? Mine was the 1990 Survivor Series. Grand finale, Undertakers debut etc. Great team in the LOD, Tornado & The Ultimate Warrior.

What was you guys favourite ever event? Mine was the 1990 Survivor Series. Grand finale, Undertakers debut etc. Great team in the LOD, Tornado & The Ultimate Warrior.

Great shout.

I'll go Wrestle Mania 6. Earthquake v Dino Bravo was outstanding.

It was that good I got Earthquakes opponent wrong :lol:

Earthquake v Hercules was amazing.

I know :lol:

Wrestlemania IV for me. Tournament for the title and Macho Man won. Miss Elizabeth was radiant as always.

Miss them so much

:sob:

Wrestlemania IV for me. Tournament for the title and Macho Man won. Miss Elizabeth was radiant as always.

Miss them so much

Elizabeth :(

The Great Khali

Fancy making a contribution to the thread instead of silly posts like this?

Calm down mate, I know how passionate you are about the state of WWE these days so I will let that slide. I'm agreeing with you though mate. That's what JJ was used for. It's about time someone stood up and said it. Punk just isn't that good.

For me, Cena is technically a better wrestler. The way he performs the few moves he does, is outstanding. No one will ever master a shoulder charge the way Cena has.

Plenty of other more technically gifted wrestlers from a few years ago, deserve to have more of the spotlight than Punk.

Scott Garland (Scotty 2 Hotty), Val Venus (helllloooo ladies) and Viscera are just three off the top of my head. They were great to watch back in the day. Now who do we have? Punk? Miz? Ziggler? All nobodies.

I mean, they've even had to bring back Brock Lesnar and The Rock recently because its that bad, and they weren't even the best when they were originally in it!

Calm down mate, I know how passionate you are about the state of WWE these days so I will let that slide. I'm agreeing with you though mate. That's what JJ was used for. It's about time someone stood up and said it. Punk just isn't that good.

For me, Cena is technically a better wrestler. The way he performs the few moves he does, is outstanding. No one will ever master a shoulder charge the way Cena has.

Plenty of other more technically gifted wrestlers from a few years ago, deserve to have more of the spotlight than Punk.

Scott Garland (Scotty 2 Hotty), Val Venus (helllloooo ladies) and Viscera are just three off the top of my head. They were great to watch back in the day. Now who do we have? Punk? Miz? Ziggler? All nobodies.

I mean, they've even had to bring back Brock Lesnar and The Rock recently because its that bad, and they weren't even the best when they were originally in it!

Good post and I apologise for that outburst. I just get annoyed at times.

Kearney really got to me with the nonsense he was talking.

The Great Khali

Good post and I apologise for that outburst. I just get annoyed at times.

Kearney really got to me with the nonsense he was talking.

It's all good mate. Don't worry about it. This place gets the better of you at times. Happens to the best of us :thumbsup:

All about opinions mate. But Punk is shit. He can wrestle a bit but he isn't anywhere near as good as the one's I've mentioned.

You are forgetting I've watched wrestling for many years back to the days of Dino Bravo. I've sat in the front row at the SECC when the Warlord went through a table. I think I know my stuff.

I respect your opinion I just think you are wrong on this occasion.

You're way off the mark about the crowds being against Punk. For the 1st time in years there was as many, if not more, Punk t-shirts than Cena's in Glasgow in November.

Chants were about 50/50 last night in Dallas.

He held the title for 434 days, the 6th longest reign in history. You don't get that type of honour without being respected by your bosses, other performers and most importantly the public.

I suppose we'll just agree to disagree and like what we like.

Miss them so much

I'll go in between yourself and Beats and say Wrestlemania V.

The Mega Powers explode in the main event, and Ravishing Rick Rude beat the Warrior for the Intercontinental title :jjyay:

Dino Bravo also got a big win over Rugged Ronnie Garvin :)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The Great Khali :facepalm:

The guy struggles to walk, never mind wrestle :lol:

I'll go in between yourself and Beats and say Wrestlemania V.

The Mega Powers explode in the main event, and Ravishing Rick Rude beat the Warrior for the Intercontinental title :jjyay:

Dino Bravo also got a big win over Rugged Ronnie Garvin :)

Not checked but I think that was Macho Mans first title defence at a PPV a whole ******* year after he won the title. Bloody Hogan stealing the limelight :angry:

the sub goalie

Was really in to the wrestling when I was younger, probably 1988-1995.

The build up to the main events which if I remember correctly, there were only 4 a year - Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series was immense.

Anyone got any good recomendations for autobiographies of wrestlers from that era, would be interesting to have a read.

Not checked but I think that was Macho Mans first title defence at a PPV a whole ******* year after he won the title. Bloody Hogan stealing the limelight :angry:

Aye, it was.

Hogan tagging along with the Champ to steal the limelight, and probably shag Elizabeth behind Macho's back.

The Great Khali

Aye, it was.

Hogan tagging along with the Champ to steal the limelight, and probably shag Elizabeth behind Macho's back.

What with that and fancying his own daughter.

Hogan is a disgrace.

Aye, it was.

He probably did as well. I used to hate Hogam when I was a kid.

I miss Elizabeth & Randy. :(

Some excellent posts on this thread by Beats.

None of these current jokers, The Rock included, can hold a candle to the way X Pac used to command a crowd.

Loses marks for pumping Chyna though :boak:

He was off his mash on ecstasy-pipes at that point in his career.

There's a lesson there, kids.

Some excellent posts on this thread by Beats.

None of these current jokers, The Rock included, can hold a candle to the way X Pac used to command a crowd.

Another quality wrestler Tommy.

It's just not the same as it used to be mate. I actually caught a bit of the match that they are all raving about but for me it's nothing special.

Another thing I noticed was the hatred the crowd seemed to have for him. Booing and shouting abuse at him. They are clearly fed up of him and his boring wrestling style.

All this talk of excellent wrestlers from back in the day and no mention of Shawn Michaels.

For shame, Kickback. For shame.

All this talk of excellent wrestlers from back in the day and no mention of Shawn Michaels.

For shame, Kickback. For shame.

I know he was a massive superstar and talented but Marty Jannetty was always the better wrestler. More talented. Shaun was lucky that's all.

I know he was a massive superstar and talented but Marty Jannetty was always the better wrestler. More talented. Shaun was lucky that's all.

Lucky? You're lucky you're not on the end of a bit of Sweet Chin Music for that blasphemy <_<

Lucky? You're lucky you're not on the end of a bit of Sweet Chin Music for that blasphemy <_<

I meant lucky he got the break and Marty never.

He was a good wrestler but imo and remember I know more about this sport than anyone on this thread Marty was far better.

I meant lucky he got the break and Marty never.

He was a good wrestler but imo and remember I know more about this sport than anyone on this thread Marty was far better.

Fair points I suppose.

In fairness, Marty was before my time so can't really comment on his ability.

Anyone remember The Berserker?

How he and The Warlord never had a main event match at Wrestlemania, I'll never know...

He was a great wrestler - proper viking as well.

HUSS...HUSS...

berzerker_display_image.jpg?1270615605

Found these on Youtube. Never seen them before. Warrior vs Andre The Giant! Lovely! (No spoilers please! :smiley2:)

This guys got a good few more of the Saturday Night's Main Events like below. http://www.youtube.c...ideos?query=wwf

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event - 24.Episode [October 31, 1989]

Ultimate Warrior vs. Andre the Giant

Lanny Poffo vs. Hulk Hogan

Dusty Rhodes vs. Bog Boss Man

Mr. Perfect vs. Red Rooster

The Rockers vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event - 25.Episode [January 3, 1990]

Randy Savage vs. Jim Duggan

Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect & Lanny Poffo

Jake Roberts vs. Greg Valentine

Dusty Rhodes vs. Rick Rude

Dino Bravo vs. Ronnie Garvin

WWF Saturday Night's Main Event - 26.Episode [April 23, 1990]

Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Perfect

Earthquake vs. Hillbilly Jim

The Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers

Ultimate Warrior vs. Haku

Big Boss Man vs. Akeem

---------------------

Did anyone else think that Superstar Billy Graham sounds exactly like Dusty Rhodes, brother!?

Edited by spunkmeyer