Is our team fit enough?

Izzy

After swearing at Ron Scotts sh*te piece in the Sunday Post (it's my Dad that buys it, not me :th_wink1:), I noticed on thier results page that they have a table that shows how the league would look if games finished at half time.

In this table, Hearts are 3rd! Only 6 points from the top!

...leading me to wonder if our 2nd half performaces may be fittness related?

:confused:

boabyarsebiscuit
After swearing at Ron Scotts sh*te piece in the Sunday Post (it's my Dad that buys it, not me :th_wink1:), I noticed on thier results page that they have a table that shows how the league would look if games finished at half time.

Surely not after Malofeyev's pre-season fitness regime???

Yes we have many players who lack the fitness for a full game. Some of them are unable to pace themselves for a full game either.

And our management have been unable to work out who the players who can't last a full game are.

I have heard it discussed before by those in the media and those in the game. The general consensus seems to suggest that we do indeed have a fitness or stamina problem. I think it all relates to the poor pre season we have had, where if this is done properly the guys have put something in the tank to see them through the latter stages of games. Just think how often we have faded in the second half, has to be more than coincidence.

I said this on Saturday.

We just seem to stop running off the ball in the 2nd half of games.

With the training ground injuries to Bednar, Aguiar, Pinilla, etc, etc, it seems to me they are kicking lumps out of each other rather than getting fit!

You can tell the starting 11 are unfit.

One of the major problems is that with the mental rotation of players, the coaching staff would never know which 11 players to give double sessions on the week running up to the game.

They spread themselves too thin trying to keep 35-odd players match fit and we ended up with 35-odd unfit players instead of 18 fully fit guys with a few slightly unfit back-ups.

When Burley was here the same thing happened. The only difference is that we had already blown most teams away by half time.

our fitness, tactics, team work ect are a complete shambles. thank god the low-bees were rank on saturday because we were a total mess.

romanov is treating the fans and the players badly and his inability to employ a quality manager is sickening.

I thing we play for 1-goal wins this season and on most occasions the opposition punish us for it. If that had been any team but Hibs that we played Saturday's second half against we'd have lost or drawn yet again. Certainly either OF would have punished us - as you saw Rangers do to ICT yesterday. Far less chance of conceding in the second half if you hold onto the ball and don't let them come at you - which was why the subbing of Palazuelos was odd, and if we had conceded would have been picked upon big time as the reason. SF got lucky because Hibs were impotent methinks...

Toxteth O'Grady
Surely not after Malofeyev's pre-season fitness regime???

Can't balme Malofeev for Nade though.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I think it has to do with our style of play as well - we play a system set up to break down attacks and then counter attack, we have very little imagination when it comes to forcing the game ourselves. This could come from our midfield being set up with the more holding style of midfielder rather than the creative 'genius' that most other clubs have - by genius i mean playmaker as opposed to a gascoigne type player.

Since Frail took charge i have heard at least 7 players talking about how they are enjoying training now .

The players did not enjoy the training under karobotchup . in-fact the training has been crap since burley left. Many of the players have complained about it . It was one of the main reasons pressely and the other two spoke out on behalf of the players. The training was fast high tempo stuff under burley and the players loved it . It was one of the reasons Hearts where doing so well. Burley left and the training changed to slow technical *****e . It was based more on skill . If anyone read the book believe it tells the story of pressley having a meeting with rix. In it Preslley wanted to tell rix that one of reasons the players where doing so well was because of the training. But rix had other idea's . Ideas that matched Vlads. (slow technical skill)

Scottish football is 100 miles an hour . That sort of thing doesn't work .

Frail has changed the training back so i expect the Hearts team to get fitter stronger faster and better.

so the players enjoy training now, well that's great. now who's going to get them playing to their strengths and as a team instead of a shambles.

so the players enjoy training now, well that's great. now who's going to get them playing to their strengths and as a team instead of a shambles.
The players want Frail. If he is given the job i'll back him to the full but if it doesn't work out ill be screaming for a new manager. Give him Till the end of the season i say .

Archived