PDC World darts championship

graygo

Sergio Garcia

Ah ok. I'm kind of hoping the fact Anderson has had 2 reasonably challenging games so far will set him for the rest of the tourney.

Dolan has come from nowhere in this game

I agree with you on Anderson, I think sometimes having an easier passage means when you come up against it you can't throw the darts under pressure, Anderson has had some high pressure check outs in this tournament so far and delivered everytime.

Barney gets to 3-1 so it looks like Barney v Anderson is on.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_razors_edge

I agree with you on Anderson, I think sometimes having an easier passage means when you come up against it you can't throw the darts under pressure, Anderson has had some high pressure check outs in this tournament so far and delivered everytime.

Barney gets to 3-1 so it looks like Barney v Anderson is on.

Yup. I mean look at Taylor, mansell and Hendricks so far and he's won with a 90 average last night. Absolutely no challenge. Hopefully when he comes up against someone decent he'll get emptied. I suspect it will be the same for Lewis tonight against ovens. The thing in Anderson's favour in this tourney is he prefers the long game.

Weirdly i would prefer barney to go through as Anderson is more likely to raise his game. Dolan is the kind of player Anderson would get emptied by.

Sergio Garcia

Why is it I just can't take to Lewis ?

I am the same, just don't like him.

Done enough to get through, nothing more.

I am the same, just don't like him.

Done enough to get through, nothing more.

I'm the same, he just gets on my wick a bit, can't put my finger on why though.

Dean Winstanley throws a 9 darter :arry: :arry:

No offence to John Gwynn, but Sid gives 9 darters that much more significance :sob:

Dean Winstanley throws a 9 darter :arry: :arry:

No offence to John Gwynn, but Sid gives 9 darters that much more significance :sob:

What a celebration aswell. Im hungover and I'm actually getting emotional at that :sob:

This is the most open tournament in years. Taylor isn't quite as good as he was and the standard of the other players is getting better. He is now very beatable and the other players know it.

Lewis, Wade & Whitlock have been honking all year in the big events, Barney is on the up again and then you have players like Thornton & Van Gerwin who are playing well but more importantly know they can win the big events.

Others worth a mention are Hamilton, Newton & King who have all had a decent few tournaments.

WHile I'd love to be wrong I don't see Anderson winning it as he's too prone to an off-day and that will see him out of this one.

Having watched quite a bit since I posted this I've not changed my opinion any! Taylor will lose to the first player to play to a decent standard against him - that could be Thornton tonight.

All of the others I mentioned apart from King are still in but non have stood out other than Barney in the first round. Anderson has had a couple of scares which could give him confidence in that he knows his bottle is good - even if his finishing is patchy at best. The winner of his round 3 match with Barney will likely make the final from that half of the draw.

Newton was impressive in stages when he beat Scott Rand but not throughout the whole match.

Dark horse could be Jenkins if he beats Hamilton tonight. Hamilton is the one player who really gets on my nerves - absolutely hate his roar to the camera.

I missed a 9 darter? Gutting!

Looking forward to seeing The Thorn later. Surely he can't beat Taylor again...

Missed the 9 darter and saw Thornton play like he found his darts in a lucky bag.

:sob:

Missed the 9 darter and saw Thornton play like he found his darts in a lucky bag.

:sob:

I know, double whammy. Taylor didn't even have to play overly well to win that.

Well it's down to Anderson to do the business now.

If van gerwin plays like he did in the last 4 sets he will win this no doubt about it.

Anderson v Barney has got me torn tbh, support Anderson coz he's Scottish but I love Barney.

Just a heads up guys.

Anderson v Barney should be on tonight about 8.30pm, should be a cracker.

Whitlock has just pipped Chisnall in a final set decider.

Sergio Garcia

Just a heads up guys.

Just watched that, very inconsistent performance from Whitlock, the winner of Barney or Anderson should beat him unless he improves a lot.

Prince Buaben

Just a heads up guys.

Will be a cracking tonight.

Not sure who i want to win. Will go with Barney as Anderson is a Hobbit.

Sergio Garcia

Wade really is the forgotten man in darts but scoring nicely and battling under pressure at the minute to be 3 sets up against van der Voort.

And with a favourable draw now opening up he may be worth a flutter.

Wade has just won the match 4 nil.

Prince Buaben

Wade really is the forgotten man in darts but scoring nicely and battling under pressure at the minute to be 3 sets up against van der Voort.

And with a favourable draw now opening up he may be worth a flutter.

Wade has just won the match 4 nil.

Think Wade will be there or there abouts. He is still No 3 in the world.

Sergio Garcia

Think Wade will be there or there abouts. He is still No 3 in the world.

Yep but he hasnt been spoken about yet as a contender for the tournament.

Taylor, Lewis, Van Gerwen, Anderson and Whitlock names keep getting bandied about, Wade has went under the radar.

Prince Buaben

Yep but he hasnt been spoken about yet as a contender for the tournament.

Taylor, Lewis, Van Gerwen, Anderson and Whitlock names keep getting bandied about, Wade has went under the radar.

True.

He was 16/1 on Friday to win it.

Sergio Garcia

Wee accumulator on the darts today, Whitock and Wade already up, so hopefully Van Gerwen, Lewis and Anderson

Anderson is the one that was hard to call but its for a bit of interest so hopefully he can deliver.

Wade has the game to win it but not the bottle to go with it. Good front runner but has a tendency to chuck it when he goes behind.

Wee accumulator on the darts today, Whitock and Wade already up, so hopefully Van Gerwen, Lewis and Anderson

Anderson is the one that was hard to call but its for a bit of interest so hopefully he can deliver.

If you get the first 4 right you can always have a wee single on Barney as back-up.

Sergio Garcia

Yeah if Van Gerwen wins I think I might have a flutter on Barney, think Lewis is on after them according to schedule.

Also had Ferrer in the accumulator who won today.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Van Gerwin 2 sets up against Lloyd in about 15 minutes and averaging 105.

I don't see this lasting too much longer.

Van Gerwin 2 sets up against Lloyd in about 15 minutes and averaging 105.

I don't see this lasting too much longer.

You're right but he's another one that I can't take to.

Really needs a slap!!

Sergio Garcia

Lloyd wins that set from nowhere and brings it back to 2-1.

Hoping Van Gerwen can see this out because I've already put my cover bet on Barney when Van Gerwen was 2 sets up and a break up.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

You're right but he's another one that I can't take to.

Really needs a slap!!

Since I posted Van Gerwen has lost 3 legs on the spin and lost the 3rd set :lol:

Since I posted Van Gerwen has lost 3 legs on the spin and lost the 3rd set :lol:

A blip, Van Gerwen wins 4-1.

Anderson v Barney up next :thumbsup:

Sergio Garcia

Right if Barney wins I break even with my bets for the day, if Anderson wins then I will get a right decent lift.

Now to sit back and enjoy the match

Right if Barney wins I break even with my bets for the day, if Anderson wins then I will get a right decent lift.

Now to sit back and enjoy the match

Good luck with that bet. :thumbsup:

Sergio Garcia

Anderson been broke after having 4 darts for the leg.

Likely to lose second set as a result.

Edit: He has lost the second set

Archived