?800,000 raised from shares

heartsfc_fan

They'd also be complaining that the club werent doing everything they can if they weren't highlighting the fact that we're messed.

Exactly - every base conveniently covered!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Kramer

• soonbe110

Losing players and bringing in cheaper ones - hardly rocket science. I would also imagine they are looking at squad and thinking a goal scorer would potentially lead to higher league position, which In turn leads to more income.

It is rocket science because if we're fighting for survival there should be no gamble taken on any players.

Your guessing anyway due to lack of communication from the club.

What should be revealed is what exactly the club needs to bring in to make it to the end of the season and how they plan to do so. There should be no additions to any wage bill during this period as we won't go down and won't be top 6.

One minute were doomed, then were saved, the. We can bring in players and Romanov wouldn't let us die anyway, then were doomed again I. January and where almost liquidated in November.

Exactly - every base conveniently covered!

Go and find me quotes from folk saying they are not investing in shares because lack of communication from the club please?

All we hear is "excuses this and excuses that". I can't see many of these exudes flying about at all.

I have put money in through Kickback, merchandise and extra match tickets already. I went on to the Hearts site to purchase shares before next week to be told you cant pay by Debit Card! I don't possess a cheque book and wont be in Edinburgh to pay the cash. They say on the advice of our merchant service provider. What does that mean?

It is rocket science because if we're fighting for survival there should be no gamble taken on any players.

Your guessing anyway due to lack of communication from the club.

What should be revealed is what exactly the club needs to bring in to make it to the end of the season and how they plan to do so. There should be no additions to any wage bill during this period as we won't go down and won't be top 6.

One minute were doomed, then were saved, the. We can bring in players and Romanov wouldn't let us die anyway, then were doomed again I. January and where almost liquidated in November.

You don't honestly think we can't finish top 6? I think with the addition of a striker, the squad is more than capable of that.

I'm not guessing anything - I'm going by the official club website, by the way. We are desperately needing fans to buy shares and people are now clinging to the supposes Romanov comment as a reason not to buy (but let's be honest, if they hadn't bought by then, they likely were never going to).

Go and find me quotes from folk saying they are not investing in shares because lack of communication from the club please?

All we hear is "excuses this and excuses that". I can't see many of these exudes flying about at all.

Not sad enough or have the time, but I've read it plenty. Are you not pretty much saying exactly this yourself?

You don't honestly think we can't finish top 6? I think with the addition of a striker, the squad is more than capable of that.

I'm not guessing anything - I'm going by the official club website, by the way. We are desperately needing fans to buy shares and people are now clinging to the supposes Romanov comment as a reason not to buy (but let's be honest, if they hadn't bought by then, they likely were never going to).

I don't think we will finish top 6, especially as I think we will lose players in January and we aren't top 6 material as it stands just now.

The clubs statements are as clear as mud. They need to reveal to the support what is needed each month and why it's needed. If we are selling out the stadium and getting extra revenue from the likes of the Scottish cup match where is this money going and surely that deteacts from the total amount required from the support.

The club find themselves in this mess by over spending massively on players wages. It's ludicrous to then beg the supporters for money to survive until the end of the season then add a couple of more players onto an already over the top wage bill.

Not sad enough or have the time, but I've read it plenty. Are you not pretty much saying exactly this yourself?

I don't think you have read it plenty at all, it's the said made up thing by the folk having a go at others for not investing on here right now.

As for me making that made up excuse? Not at all.

I think your mixing up people not happy at the club not being transparent enough with the supporters (who are digging them out of there shit) with people not investing because of this.

I would like to see see where all of our efforts, big or small has gotten us in the big picture of things and how many more times the club is going to ask the support to help see the end of the season.

What I don't want personally is to pay money for shares as a gift, nothing more nothing less to see that money spunked on the wages of a couple of players when we were told it was to help the club to make it to the end of the season.

Edited by Jezza

You talk about losing players yet say its ludicrous to be bringing any in - surely it's imperative to keep a competitive team on the park though! We are absolutely crying out for a striker, so if we can bring one in without increasing the wage bill, and it leads to a better team and higher league position, then I certainly don't think it's "ludicrous".

I don't think you have read it plenty at all, it's the said made up thing by the folk having a go at others for not investing on here right now.

As for me making that made up excuse? Not at all.

I think your mixing up people not happy at the club not being transparent enough with the supporters (who are digging them out of there shit) with people not investing because of this.

I would like to see see where all of our efforts, big or small has gotten us in the big picture of things and how many more times the club is going to ask the support to help see the end of the season.

What I don't want personally is to pay money for shares as a gift, nothing more nothing less to see that money spunked on the wages of a couple of players when we were told it was to help the club to make it to the end of the season.

Have you bought shares? If not, why? -oops, clearly didn't read your post properly before posting that.

So you say what I'm saying is wrong but then cite the exact excuses I already mentioned?

Edited by stotty

You talk about losing players yet say its ludicrous to be bringing any in - surely it's imperative to keep a competitive team on the park though! We are absolutely crying out for a striker, so if we can bring one in without increasing the wage bill, and it leads to a better team and higher league position, then I certainly don't think it's "ludicrous".

We need to lose players to survive until the end of the season, they need to be gone off the wage bill. We shouldn't be bringing any players in until we get through this period, especially as the club is asking the support to bail the club out.

Have you bought shares? If not, why?

I have, I purchased what I could afford to go with my season ticket.

Am I allowed to ask these questions now?

Have you bought shares? If not, why? -oops, clearly didn't read your post properly before posting that.

So you say what I'm saying is wrong but then cite the exact excuses I already mentioned?

What excuses?

An excuse is a reason to not do something. I done that something.

We need to lose players to survive until the end of the season, they need to be gone off the wage bill. We shouldn't be bringing any players in until we get through this period, especially as the club is asking the support to bail the club out.

We will agree to disagree. I think having a crap team is completely counter productive to the club's income.

Anyway, I'm away now....fingers crossed for 3 points today!

We will agree to disagree. I think having a crap team is completely counter productive to the club's income.

Anyway, I'm away now....fingers crossed for 3 points today!

Sound man. And hopefully, we could do with them mate.

I have, I purchased what I could afford to go with my season ticket.

Am I allowed to ask these questions now?

Fair dos mate, I thought you were citing reasons for not buying shares! My mistake. I am very hungover from Xmas night out last night!

You can only lose so many players before you don't have a team to put on the park.

We can slash the bill by getting rid if 2 or 3 high earners, a few scrubs who are useless and bringing in a couple of replacements in lowing wages.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

The issue would be signing new players if no one leaves. That would be ridiculous.

Edited by jambo1185

I have put money in through Kickback, merchandise and extra match tickets already. I went on to the Hearts site to purchase shares before next week to be told you cant pay by Debit Card! I don't possess a cheque book and wont be in Edinburgh to pay the cash. They say on the advice of our merchant service provider. What does that mean?

I think the card companies are worried that customers may demand their cash back from them if it all goes breasts upwards (like you can claim on credit - and some debit - card issuers if the TV you bought through Amazon doesn't work.) Some people were talking about taking out new credit cards to buy shares.

Francis Albert

I think the card companies are worried that customers may demand their cash back from them if it all goes breasts upwards (like you can claim on credit - and some debit - card issuers if the TV you bought through Amazon doesn't work.) Some people were talking about taking out new credit cards to buy shares.

I think it was the merchant service provider (a middleman or agent who handles card payments) rather than the card companies themselves which pulled the plug on card payments for fear of incurring some liability if the club went tits up. Cards were from the start never accepted on-line or over the phone but only in person, presumably due to some regulation relating to share sales.

One of the few things which the club can't be blamed for in any event!

I think it was the merchant service provider (a middleman or agent who handles card payments) rather than the card companies themselves which pulled the plug on card payments for fear of incurring some liability if the club went tits up. Cards were from the start never accepted on-line or over the phone but only in person, presumably due to some regulation relating to share sales.

One of the few things which the club can't be blamed for in any event!

Shame. It certainly knocks the impulse buy on the head

Letting players go without bringing in replacements, even cheap replacements, represents a gamble as well