?800,000 raised from shares

heartsfc_fan

Kemble's Cascade

I haven't bought shares purely because I'm a skint student. I'm a season ticket holder though, so I actually attend games. My biggest gripe is with folk who don't turn up to support us in our hour of need, yet the same people will be clambering for a ticket to the League Cup Final if we beat Inverness next month, and telling us how they are such staunch, lifelong Hearts fans, even though they don't have enough loyalty points to get a ticket. <_<

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis Albert

• Kramer

• soonbe110

The lack of class shown by the board over the last 6 weeks is an embarrassment. These pathetic statements trying to blackmail and guilt trip fans that have supported the club long before these jokers even knew that our club existed are a very low point. What other club's board would try and insinuate that it's supporters aren't proper fans if they don't try and bail the club out of problems created by the board themselves.

It also now appears that a few people are buying into this shit with posts saying those that stand by and don't take up the share issue are not to bother coming back to tynecastle.

Yeah, fecking brilliant idea :facepalm:

Ignoring the sentiment of Mitch's post

Who do you believe - Serge or Romanov?

If it is Romanov then there is no sweat, surely?

Francis Albert

You can be the pedant all you want mate

In the space of a month we have Fedotovas claiming we might go bust and we have Romanov saying it wont happen, we are fine and its all media invented. Both facts.

Whatever way you look at it 1 of the 2 highest ranking people at Hearts are lying whilst many fans put money into the club they probably cant really afford. Another fact.

Sorry but in my mind that is shameful

Sorry to be pedantic, but where is your evidence for that "fact"?

Edited by Francis Albert

Roughly 55 days between the start and end of the share issue. ?2 a day was all it would take to be put away to be able to afford the minimum share package. That's without thinking about finance etc. ?2 a day FFS

Daydream Believer

I suspect Serge was just told to say whatever it took to get the maximum amount of cash in, and only Vlad knows where we really stand.

The Real Maroonblood

Roughly 55 days between the start and end of the share issue. ?2 a day was all it would take to be put away to be able to afford the minimum share package. That's without thinking about finance etc. ?2 a day FFS

As much as that?

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Exactly, people on here moaning about having no money or not trusting Romanov have probably spent tons more money than that on Mars Bars, cigarettes and beer.

Either you don't care if Hearts go bust or you do care. If you do care and can afford it - including changing your budget for a month or so - put some more money in. If you don't, don't - but don't give out to those of us who do that we are being somehow duped.

I Got one set of shares for me but i will get another batch for my son before the deadline just chipping in best i can for the cause.

Did you have the same beliefs when CPR put names on the Wheatfield and Gorgie Stands to 'shame' those that didnt contribute?

I strongly suspect some people may have claimed to friends, family, or colleagues, that they have bought shares, and are now worried they may get found out....

Daydream Believer

Exactly, people on here moaning about having no money or not trusting Romanov have probably spent tons more money than that on Mars Bars, cigarettes and beer.

Either you don't care if Hearts go bust or you do care. If you do care and can afford it - including changing your budget for a month or so - put some more money in. If you don't, don't - but don't give out to those of us who do that we are being somehow duped.

I don't really like this line of reasoning, because there are people with 50 grand in the bank who can put a couple of hundred quid into shares and then moan that someone getting by on ?20k a year with a couple of kids to feed shouldn't buy a mars bar if they haven't coughed up ?110 for shares.

In fact it's the same argument that every time you go for a night out you're depriving a child somewhere of clean water because you could have given the money to charity.

99% of the people who make the argument, also go out for a few beers too so why shouldn't they have just put that into shares as well?

Having said that I think it's a good idea to put the names up because at least it gives something back to people who have invested in the knowledge that they will get no personal gain back for the money.

I strongly suspect some people may have claimed to friends, family, or colleagues, that they have bought shares, and are now worried they may get found out....

I think it might cause a fair few fallouts on here too. (worryingly and wrongly)

Sorry to be pedantic, but where is your evidence for that "fact"?

Apologies - the first part of the sentence was fact.

But you continue to nit pick at irrelevances to avoid the crux of the points being made if it makes you feel better or superior or whatever it is you feel

I think it might cause a fair few fallouts on here too. (worryingly and wrongly)

If any person has decided, for any reason (that I may, or may not agree with) not to buy shares, that is entirely their business, and I respect their right to make that decision.

However, if any person claims to have bought shares, and then gets caught out as a liar, well, that's a completelh different ball game.

Being a cynical bugger, I suspect there

may be a good few who are in that second category. :(

A point to note

Ewan Murray - who nearly all of us rate as one of the only decent journos around - is being pretty scathing of the Fedotovas release.

Dagger Is Back

I think '?800k is a fantastic achievement and everyone responsible should be very proud of being a part of that.

Similarly, those who have bought match tickets for themselves and others, those who have organised and supported fund raising events etc should also be very proud of their efforts.

The mixed communications coming from the club are however far from helpful. Personally I don't have a problem with SF playing the emotional blackmail card as his intention is quite clearly and rightly to raise additional funds.

I do however have a problem with that message when played against a backdrop of a new striker, reports that VR says we'll be OK etc.

What's it to be lads? Make up your minds. Given the level of incompetence shown thus far, I doubt any of them really know.

I've done a fair bit already in terms of buying extra tickets and making donations but so far I've stopped short of buying shares.

Not sure I can explain why. Moneys tight that's for sure but I know Xmas money will be on its way (only so many sox you can have) so I could bridge that meantime.

So what to do?

I guess I'll forego Xmas treats for moi and take the plunge. Not because I want to see my name in lights (the 500 club board though is a nice wee reminder for junior that his old man was able to and chose to support our club), but because I want to know myself that I did what I sensibly could do.

I know lots of people who won't buy shares. Some due to a lack of money, other priorities, don't trust VR, don't see VR allowing us to go into admin as he has the most to lose.

Whatever their reasons, they are their reasons. Let it be.

The last few weeks have seen so many fans pull together to raise these monies and more and it would be sad to see that great work undermined albeit unintentionally.

Francis Albert

Apologies - the first part of the sentence was fact.

But you continue to nit pick at irrelevances to avoid the crux of the points being made if it makes you feel better or superior or whatever it is you feel

I just feel I am expressing my views/opinion.

As no doubt do you.

Radioactive Mince

I'm waist deep in shares just now like, but fully intend getting up to my eyes in the shits before the 19th.

If that bothers some of you, then just remember that RADIOACTIVE MINCE IS A REEL PHAN WHO POOT HIS MUNNEY WARE HIS MOUTH WAS.

The List is coming for you, fakers.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I don't really like this line of reasoning, because there are people with 50 grand in the bank who can put a couple of hundred quid into shares and then moan that someone getting by on ?20k a year with a couple of kids to feed shouldn't buy a mars bar if they haven't coughed up ?110 for shares.

In fact it's the same argument that every time you go for a night out you're depriving a child somewhere of clean water because you could have given the money to charity.

99% of the people who make the argument, also go out for a few beers too so why shouldn't they have just put that into shares as well?

Having said that I think it's a good idea to put the names up because at least it gives something back to people who have invested in the knowledge that they will get no personal gain back for the money.

The minimum is 110 quid. No-one is going to put all their spare money in, but it's reasonable to expect people who care about Hearts enough to go to games and spend time on messageboards to stick their hand in their pocket to try to keep the club going for the measly sum of 30p a day for a year. I contribute to things I care about, eg a favourite cinema closing down. I don't put all my money into these things, just what I can afford or what I think is worthwhile. It's not unreasonable to expect other people - who will ultimately benefit from my contribution if it does help save Hearts - to also contribute and share the load.

Francis Albert

I am guessing this is close to what you describe as "the crux of the matter" of this thread in another post accusing me of "nitpicking".

I think it's a pretty simplistic question to be honest, but comforting I suppose for those not helping the club out as they can simply say "why should I when they are lying to me?"

It is of course difficult to make much sense of anything Vlad says. I don't think he lies so much as indulges himself in inconsistency and fantasy. IMO he has paid quite a bit to indulge himself. His words about "not letting Hearts die" may or may not mean anything. Maybe he will when push comes to shove put his hands in his pocket (as Sergei was apparently trying to persuade him to do when HMRC issued their last winding up order). Maybe he won't. I wouldn't bet on it either way but his actions not his words about Hearts standing alone have for me this year been fairly persuasive.

So I am going with Sergei, as certainly the safer option. His effort to squeeze more money out of us seem to me wholly appropriate, in fact it's his job.

Francis Albert

The minimum is 110 quid. No-one is going to put all their spare money in, but it's reasonable to expect people who care about Hearts enough to go to games and spend time on messageboards to stick their hand in their pocket to try to keep the club going for the measly sum of 30p a day for a year. I contribute to things I care about, eg a favourite cinema closing down. I don't put all my money into these things, just what I can afford or what I think is worthwhile. It's not unreasonable to expect other people - who will ultimately benefit from my contribution if it does help save Hearts - to also contribute and share the load.

It is actually ?27.50 if you jointly apply with three others. 7.5p a day.

We've got what, 9 home games left. If we sell 4,000 extra tickets for these games at ?20 a head, that's ?720,000 raised between now and May.

And we've got the league cup semi tickets to come. Even a potential final if we're lucky.

There's no way they're selling 4k extra tickets for Dundee on a Wednesday in January though. Same with Motherwell, if the game that was due for 26/1 ends up in midweek, I'd imagine the crowd won't be much better than the 9185 that attended that game on 1/5/12.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There's no way they're selling 4k extra tickets for Dundee on a Wednesday in January though. Same with Motherwell, if the game that was due for 26/1 ends up in midweek, I'd imagine the crowd won't be much better than the 9185 that attended that game on 1/5/12.

Under 10k? When the club's in dire straits? No chance.

The minimum is 110 quid. No-one is going to put all their spare money in, but it's reasonable to expect people who care about Hearts enough to go to games and spend time on messageboards to stick their hand in their pocket to try to keep the club going

This is pretty much how I feel. I think it is pathetic that fewer than 5,000 individuals could find ?110 (or the motivation to find that amount) to save the club. Whether people trust Romanov or not, the message was clear: if we dont support this then there is a huge risk to the club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This is pretty much how I feel. I think it is pathetic that fewer than 5,000 individuals could find ?110 (or the motivation to find that amount) to save the club. Whether people trust Romanov or not, the message was clear: if we dont support this then there is a huge risk to the club.

Ah but so many don't trust him for one reason or another. You only have to have a quick peruse of this forum to see that many think it is all lies and they are willing to wait and call his bluff... Wouldn't be me likes, stakes are far too high for something like that imo. It's a real shame but some would even rather try and start again than save the club if it stays in his hands. :(

Edited by Shaun William Ryder

Ah but so many don't trust him for one reason or another. You only have to have a quick peruse of this forum to see that many think it is all lies and they are willing to wait and call his bluff... Wouldn't be me likes, stakes are far too high for something like that imo. It's a real shame but some would even rather try and start again than save the club if it stays in his hands. :(

Call his bluff ? He has clearly said he won't let the club die, are you saying he is lying ?

I can only assume there is some fundamental reason that supporters aren't buying-such as "I don't trust Romanov".

I don't either, but I've bought mine.

I could probably afford more, but I've done my bit.

Time for others to stand up & be counted.

great effort overall but we have to remember that it's almost Christmas and some folk are struggling like never before just to keep a roof over their heads. I've put a fair bit in through the shop and jkb but don't have ?110 lying around the house.

I am in two minds about Romanov, I think some of what he has done has been amazing, whereas the way he has dropped us recently has been worse than awful.

But, as you said, the stakes are way too high to gamble as to everything working out without us supporting the share issue. I know there are people with ?110 spare (which wouldnt have caused them to go without much at all) but have yet to buy them: whatever the rights and wrongs of Romanov are, that is just wrong.

great effort overall but we have to remember that it's almost Christmas and some folk are struggling like never before just to keep a roof over their heads. I've put a fair bit in through the shop and jkb but don't have ?110 lying around the house.

Thats fair enough :) If every supporter can honestly say that they have given as much as they can reasonably afford then that is all that can be asked.

Unfortunately I believe there are many who wouldnt be able to say that.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am in two minds about Romanov, I think some of what he has done has been amazing, whereas the way he has dropped us recently has been worse than awful.

But, as you said, the stakes are way too high to gamble as to everything working out without us supporting the share issue. I know there are people with ?110 spare (which wouldnt have caused them to go without much at all) but have yet to buy them: whatever the rights and wrongs of Romanov are, that is just wrong.

If the reason they have not donated is down to Romanov, then I would imagine they have spunked up in to the 1874 Fighting Fund, surely? I suppose we will just have to wait and see what's in that kitty once the share money has run out...

I've bought shares, season tickets, hospitality,500 club in the past, I decided at the beginning of the share issue to spent money with Hearts rather than buy shares so I spent almost ?300 in the club shop and bought extra tickets for the st mirren game as well as a donation on kickback. My contribution is well over ?400 but it seems I will be named and shamed and shunned by the Hearts fans that are better than me because they bought ?110 on shares.........maybe I should have kept my receipts and ticket stumps to prove I've done my bit.

I've bought shares, season tickets, hospitality,500 club in the past, I decided at the beginning of the share issue to spent money with Hearts rather than buy shares so I spent almost ?300 in the club shop and bought extra tickets for the st mirren game as well as a donation on kickback. My contribution is well over ?400 but it seems I will be named and shamed and shunned by the Hearts fans that are better than me because they bought ?110 on shares.........maybe I should have kept my receipts and ticket stumps to prove I've done my bit.

No-one is naming and shaming you though (apart from yourself). Well done on your efforts though.

To be honest, if you have done all of these things and spent all of that money, why didnt you also buy shares?

I guess the shares were pushed because they are pure profit, a gift to the club as you are effectively getting nothing back for them. I saw it as a good opportunity for those who were willing to donate to Hearts just to save them, not to get anything back other than the knowledge that you helped when you were asked to :)

Fxxx the SPFL

I will in the next few days buy shares but i am still worried that if the club can't be sold that they will keep coming back for more and there's a limit on how much most people can afford and will all the money that the fans have put in just been a waste if we go t**s up.

Too many people hate Vlad more than they love Hearts.

That is bullshit. The money raised by hearts fans especially at this time of year when many of the country are struggling anyway is tremendous and beyond anyone's reasonable expectations.

That is bullshit. The money raised by hearts fans especially at this time of year when many of the country are struggling anyway is tremendous and beyond anyone's reasonable expectations.

I dont agree that we should only have expected 3200 individual fans to be willing to spend ?110. If that is the limit of the number of people willing to save Hearts then we will not be saved.

I dont agree that we should only have expected 3200 individual fans to be willing to spend ?110. If that is the limit of the number of people willing to save Hearts then we will not be saved.

My thoughts are the same. Those who genuinely can not afford it, or have backed the club by other means, such as the JKB syndicate are exempt, but there are too many Hearts fans who can do something but have chosen not to. Some of the rival fund raising groups, who are not passing the money directly, are also doing more damage than good, despite their intentions.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's not really bullshit though. Even you told me I was nit-picking or splitting hairs the last time I mentioned that some people are too distracted with getting rid of the owner rather than who takes over. To a few people it is definitely more about the owner than the club... Some others still just can't differentiate between the two or choose not to.

I must admit I have mixed feelings here. Delighted that 3200 can raise 800k but massively disappointed that if everyone who claims to be a Hearts fan (and there is a lot) had contributed very little we would have done this at a stroll.

Then there is this feeling of mistrust re the board. Do people mistrust that much they are willing to risk what they proclaim will happen. I have attended rallies, Tam Cowan, matches and bought a four figure sum in shares yet I feel guilty if I have done enough so god knows how those who have done hee haw must feel.

Not trying to downgrade the financial climate and I know some struggles are on going but I feel more could do something to help. It seems to be the same faces and same names putting in the effort so come on everyone dig a bit deeper.

Maybe the timing is ill advised but needs must.

Are people simply not wanting to give Vlad anymore?? While I can understand it it is also a risky strategy given what the now say.

FOH? i know they are also in a situation where they cant say too much but I do feel they need to say more incase we are giving much needed funds to the wrong people.

Vlad leaving and leaving with the club in good hands is the aim alongside survival how we do this without too much pain is the question but I am sure more people good give a little at least

Captain Canada

The timing of this share issue and general plea for cash was all wrong. Surely someone knew back in the summer we hadn't been paying tax and NI? I think it's absolutely incredible we've raised so much at this time of year in such a short space of time. I know a lot of people see the shares as a worthless investment, but if you buy merchandise and tickets for the games, at least you get something tangible for your money and are still directly helping the club.

I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing if we're forced to sell players and cut the wage bill further in January - there are still too many players on sill money at Hearts and I know we could get adequate replacements for less money. A vastly reduced wage bill will also make us more appealing to any potential buyers.

Call his bluff ? He has clearly said he won't let the club die, are you saying he is lying ?

But he didn't say that. If the quote's correct he said, ?I don?t think that I would allow that to happen." Not quite the same thing.

My thoughts are the same. Those who genuinely can not afford it, or have backed the club by other means, such as the JKB syndicate are exempt, but there are too many Hearts fans who can do something but have chosen not to. Some of the rival fund raising groups, who are not passing the money directly, are also doing more damage than good, despite their intentions.

I think some only in it to boast there own profile. Its the club that needs the money NOW not 6 months down the line. Ex players we are putting money to this and that group . waste of time if no club by then. Blood on their hands :curtain:

To be honest, if you have done all of these things and spent all of that money, why didnt you also buy shares?

I guess the shares were pushed because they are pure profit, a gift to the club as you are effectively getting nothing back for them. I saw it as a good opportunity for those who were willing to donate to Hearts just to save them, not to get anything back other than the knowledge that you helped when you were asked to :)

It's the Romanov factor that's stopped me, he's more than able to sort out this mess that's been his making over the years. If I don't pay my tax bill or fail to meet mortgage payments and bills the buck stops with me and nobody else.

I'm still not ruling out buying shares but I'm reluctant.

ToadKiller Dog

Given the average donation by 3200 works out at roughly ?218 , I would say that it's those on lower income in the main that have dug the deepest to help their club .

The share issue to me is nowt to do with the Vlad politics but hopefully helping our club get as smooth a ride as possible until summer and take if from there .

The shares maybe worthless long term but they certainly are not without value to those who bought them .

I respect those who have contributed extra by what ever means and understand their politics .

I don't respect those who can afford to but have decided to withhold from doing anything .

It's the Romanov factor that's stopped me, he's more than able to sort out this mess that's been his making over the years. If I don't pay my tax bill or fail to meet mortgage payments and bills the buck stops with me and nobody else.

I'm still not ruling out buying shares but I'm reluctant.

I agree with the sentiments of that and have slated Romanov in previous posts for building up this debt/situation and then saying, "I wont pay any more, over to you." It is shockingly bad.

But we have to look at the bigger picture. We have to save our club and then apportion blame. If we do the latter first and this stops us from supporting the club then there may well be no club to support. That is the unfortunate reality, regardless of who is to blame for it.

The Real Maroonblood

I think some only in it to boast there own profile. Its the club that needs the money NOW not 6 months down the line. Ex players we are putting money to this and that group . waste of time if no club by then. Blood on their hands :curtain:

:really: :oohmatron: