?800,000 raised from shares

heartsfc_fan

loveofthegame

We are not even going to hit half the target.

More fun times ahead.

What is frustrating, is this STILL doesn't tell us if the figure takes account of all the fundraisers etc which have been held recently. I'll be putting a further ?110 in on Saturday, but at this time of year, that is all I have going spare.

tartofmidlothian

"The Board is also considering earmarking a dedicated place in the stadium where the names of those have bought shares and helped the club in 2012 will be listed."

Nooooooo don't print them on bricks!!

I read it as the ?800k is solely from the shares.

I know this doesn't take account of the people who have purchased shares collectively like via JKB, and those who have decided to give money through more match tickets, merchandise, fundraisers (other than those used to buy shares for HYDC) etc... but I still find it pretty staggering that only 3,200 fans have bought shares.

What is frustrating, is this STILL doesn't tell us if the figure takes account of all the fundraisers etc which have been held recently. I'll be putting a further ?110 in on Saturday, but at this time of year, that is all I have going spare.

A lot of the money from the fundraisers, for example the ones at the club, was used to buy shares for HYDC, so they must be included in the total.

I thought this was just the shares? Those that are able to afford it should add hearts to their Xmas gift list and leave deliberations on "to pledge or not" for another day. I may buy some more as well!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The figure is only on shares.

Doesn't include ticket sales and merchandise.

But does the shortfall include these things? Is it a million pound shortfall between now and the end of the season with 16000+ crowds or what?

Does the fact we are struggling to take 50% suggest there is a lack of appetite for fan ownership? Or do you think the uptake would be bigger (i) if these were Vlad's shares and not new ones or (ii) following a takeover?

They really should have made the date longer.Got to think a lot of people will get money for Christmas and other stuff like yearly bonuses and that.

loveofthegame

But does the shortfall include these things? Is it a million pound shortfall between now and the end of the season with 16000+ crowds or what?

Again, I don't think we know this. Deafening silence from Tynie.

There was a big KB argument on another thread on that very point last week or so. Can't remember which thread it was.

so 3200 fans have raised ?800000, brilliant effort .now its time for the other 92000 to get their fingers out and help .there is only 7 days left to raise ?1.1million to find cant see it but i hope some of the s/t holders that havnt subscribed get their ar*es in gear.

Does the fact we are struggling to take 50% suggest there is a lack of appetite for fan ownership? Or do you think the uptake would be bigger (i) if these were Vlad's shares and not new ones or (ii) following a takeover?

If these were Vlad's shares then the money would be going to Vlad as opposed to Hearts so it would probably be less attractive.

Player movement is going to be essential then, no way we will get a million more through shares without some kind of heavyweight investor chipping in.

Seriously hope we make some shrewd moves this window, as difficult as it will be.

In my opinion, it's highly unlikely that any 'investor' will buy these shares. It's not an investment in the normal sense as there is no possibility of a return, or even getting one's money back. The money used to buy shares is a donation, a gift to the Hearts, and no real investor will be interested.

I can only assume there is some fundamental reason that supporters aren't buying-such as "I don't trust Romanov".

I don't either, but I've bought mine.

I could probably afford more, but I've done my bit.

Time for others to stand up & be counted.

Time for everyone to think about stumping up more and soon. Regardsless of what anyone thinks of the Vlad regime it's our Hearts we dealing with here and making it to the end of the season without any points deductions, major player losses is in our hands.

Come on everyone, let's go the extra mile NOW.

I'm surprised and disappointe d that only 3,200 out of the huge Hearts fanbase have bought shares. I would have expected most ST holders to have spent at least the minimum ?110 to ensure they get the full value of this years money.That would raise another ?600k and we would be almost home and dry. Having said that I really hope that none of the Hearts 'organisations' like SoH and the 1874 FF are sitting on any significant amounts of cash annd watching the Club struggle. Sergejus is correct re the situation in January, after the Hibs gaem on 3/1 we have one home game in 42 days so no real way of raising money during that time.

No I think it is more down to the time of year and the fact that a lot of Hearts fans such as me don't trust Romanov.

Pleading poverty on the one hand while signing new players on the other. A bit of a mixed message. :confused:

loveofthegame

I can only assume there is some fundamental reason that supporters aren't buying-such as "I don't trust Romanov".

I don't either, but I've bought mine.

I could probably afford more, but I've done my bit.

Time for others to stand up & be counted.

A fair way to look at it.

Over 5000 s/t holders not subscribing sounds terrible, but people need to remember a fair number of these will be kids, and a fair number of these will be members of the same family etc.

S/T holders already contribute a huge proportion of the clubs annual turnover. It is the other 92,000 hangers on who turn up after we win trophies that annoy me. 1/20th of them buying shares would more than double the number of contributors so far.

kingantti1874

I don't think it suggests that a all, I think a lot are put off by current regime, an more cant afford large sums at this time of year...

I believe many many people would be happy to contribute small amounts on a regular basis under the right management... I'd also suggests by the time the club factor in donations, increased attendances and merchandising the total additional income will be over the million..

Not bad..

Pleading poverty on the one hand while signing new players on the other. A bit of a mixed message. :confused:

Exactly. Why do we have a striker coming to increase our monthly wage costs if things are so desperate?

Don't Serge and his boss speak to each other?

One keeps on talking about liquidation and no return and the other says everything is fine and its just the media making things up.

Time for everyone to think about stumping up more and soon. Regardsless of what anyone thinks of the Vlad regime it's our Hearts we dealing with here and making it to the end of the season without any points deductions, major player losses is in our hands.

Come on everyone, let's go the extra mile NOW.

I'm surprised and disappointe d that only 3,200 out of the huge Hearts fanbase have bought shares. I would have expected most ST holders to have spent at least the minimum ?110 to ensure they get the full value of this years money.That would raise another ?600k and we would be almost home and dry. Having said that I really hope that none of the Hearts 'organisations' like SoH and the 1874 FF are sitting on any significant amounts of cash annd watching the Club struggle. Sergejus is correct re the situation in January, after the Hibs gaem on 3/1 we have one home game in 42 days so no real way of raising money during that time.

The club need to be much more open about where we actually stand with regard to what money is required.

A more detailed break-down of our liablities such as any outstanding bills, player wages etc need to be disclosed and how does the forecasted income for the rest of the season compare to recent attendances etc, etc.

I think if this sort of information is forthcoming from the club and everything is more transparent rather than Sergei saying we need ?2 million to survive then I think more people would be prepared to help whether that is with buying shares or other means I sure it would happen.

The various donations that have gone into the share issue through Kickback have counted as one single big shareholding so that 3,200 figure might be slightly deceptive.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Pretty shocking on 3200 have bothered to try and save the club IMO.

Fair enough if you can't afford it but there where plenty of so called supporters ready to stump up a fortune to get in to see the Liverpool game for example.

This is why the club is pissed off with entites like FoH etc.. They have turned heads in the clubs hour of need.

The club has given supporters an option that should have been easy enough to achieve and the supporters have chosen what may be a slow lingering death.

Pretty pissed off with the hole lot of ye tbh.

ToadKiller Dog

800,000 is a great figure as it point to ordinary fans in the main donating . Average if around ?218 per person .

It hasn't been helped by mixed messages from all directions , the club , Mckays fighting fund and the foundations who advised not to buy shares .

Some were saying we would be lucky to raise ?250,000 .

If you add to the 800,000 . Increased ticket sales merchandise sales and other donations us fans have done a bang on job .

Some may have done nothing but carp from the sides that's their choice .

I don't think it suggests that a all, I think a lot are put off by current regime, an more cant afford large sums at this time of year...

I believe many many people would be happy to contribute small amounts on a regular basis under the right management... I'd also suggests by the time the club factor in donations, increased attendances and merchandising the total additional income will be over the million..

Not bad..

Agreed.

IMO they set the minimum purchase point far too high.

If you take into account all those who bought shares as part of 'collectives', the figure of 3200 will be a lot higher. Fo' sho'.

I haven't bought shares - couldn't afford it, but I've done my bit - what I could.

So, there you go

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Be interesting to see how the FoH get 22,000 more fans to contribute a monthly donation when the club isn't in danger of going bust.

The various donations that have gone into the share issue through Kickback have counted as one single big shareholding so that 3,200 figure might be slightly deceptive.

As is the ?800k figure as it doesnt take account of other extra income - however much that may be

We've got what, 9 home games left. If we sell 4,000 extra tickets for these games at ?20 a head, that's ?720,000 raised between now and May.

And we've got the league cup semi tickets to come. Even a potential final if we're lucky.

Be interesting to see how the FoH get 22,000 more fans to contribute a monthly donation when the club isn't in danger of going bust.

I'd say at the moment their problems are more to do with:

Fairly lame PR

A lack of understanding as to what the fans want to know before they will pledge

A lack of communication on how the concept of fan ownership will work at a club like Hearts

I dont think Hearts needs to be under the threat of liquidation for the majority of fans to want a change of ownership

The club need to be much more open about where we actually stand with regard to what money is required.

A more detailed break-down of our liablities such as any outstanding bills, player wages etc need to be disclosed and how does the forecasted income for the rest of the season compare to recent attendances etc, etc.

I think if this sort of information is forthcoming from the club and everything is more transparent rather than Sergei saying we need ?2 million to survive then I think more people would be prepared to help whether that is with buying shares or other means I sure it would happen.

Agree with this. I'm sure people will be happy to keep helping if there is clarity on the total amounts that have been raised through all fundraising and how that equates to the amount that's needed. As well as three recent near sell outs and moneymaking events we've recently had TV cash from games against Motherwell, Inverness, Celtic and Hibs. The Scottish Cup TV income, for one, could not have been accounted for. Let's open up, Serge and give people the full story.

Yes, I think that the 3,200 number is misleading for the reasons that you give. For example, the JKB purchase counts as one purchase, but about 500-600 JKB members (estimated) have contributed. The same applies to the several fund raisers that have been conducted, and the money donated by various supporters clubs.

I also think that Sergejus' hope of 100,000 people kicking in is wildly optomistic. There is no chance of that ever happening.

In my opinion, the fact that ordimary fans have made a gift of ?800,000 to the club is a great achievement. Everyone who has given up their hard-earned cash to help Hearts in their hour of need should feel justifiably proud of their efforts.

Some people see vlad taking p*** and won't invest in something that he's caused directly by his mismanagement. I've spoken to at least half a dozen people who won't buy shares and that are more than able to afford it but won't.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Yes, I think that the 3,200 number is misleading for the reasons that you give. For example, the JKB purchase counts as one purchase, but about 500-600 JKB members (estimated) have contributed. The same applies to the several fund raisers that have been conducted, and the money donated by various supporters clubs.

I also think that Sergejus' hope of 100,000 people kicking in is wildly optomistic. There is no chance of that every happening.

In my opinion, the fact that ordimary fans have made a gift of ?800,000 to the club is a great achievement. Everyone who has given up their hard-earned cash to help Hearts in their hour of need should feel justifiably proud of their efforts.

Agree 100%. Not overly impressed by the tone of the article on the official website. It almost smacks of name and shame.

As an example, I know of at least 5 season tickets holders that I go to games with who have donated via kickback, fans rallys, auctions etc. The figure spent by them would far outweigh the minimum sahre package but they wont have shares in their name.

I can appreciate that the hard sell/ hard line is sometimes required but everyone's circumstances are different.

Only 3200 fans - very surprised by that tbh...

That's a misleading figure IMO

I know for a fact a supporters club raised over ?2000 to buy shares so this counts as 1 fan? However how many supporters contributed to this as they couldn't afford shares themselves?

Exactly. Why do we have a striker coming to increase our monthly wage costs if things are so desperate?

Because several players will be leaving in January window so that free's up some money for replacements in key positions

Pretty shocking on 3200 have bothered to try and save the club IMO.

Fair enough if you can't afford it but there where plenty of so called supporters ready to stump up a fortune to get in to see the Liverpool game for example.

This is why the club is pissed off with entites like FoH etc.. They have turned heads in the clubs hour of need.

The club has given supporters an option that should have been easy enough to achieve and the supporters have chosen what may be a slow lingering death.

Pretty pissed off with the hole lot of ye tbh.

Unfortunately I think this hits the nail on the head. I suspect that there's lots of fans waiting to see what happens and not buying shares this time around.

Certainly 1874 et al as well as FoH have not helped the share issue.

Because several players will be leaving in January window so that free's up some money for replacements in key positions

"It is premature to speak about any transfer business as it is never known in advance if deals will happen"

We've got what, 9 home games left. If we sell 4,000 extra tickets for these games at ?20 a head, that's ?720,000 raised between now and May.

And we've got the league cup semi tickets to come. Even a potential final if we're lucky.

Depends on what attendance forecast Serge used in his cashflow projection. If he used 14,000 then there's only about 2,000 extra potential at each game so your number would be halved. It would be good to know what is included on the Income side of the projection.

Sergi quote

"If we are not able to bridge the target for the share sales, the club will be in the same difficult position as we were in November but this time with no option for shares.

If we take that statement as fact then we will be closing at the end of January, so bringing in any player seems like a bad idea.

Fans just haven't got the money at this time of year. I bought my shares because I'm in the luck situation were I can afford them but you have to remember we ain't all in the same boat.

Footballfirst

The most telling stat from Fedotovas' statement is that Hearts only have 8,500 season ticket holders.

That tells me two things. 1) The board got their sales policy wrong (dynamic pricing) and 2) Football isn't as important to people as the ultra fans on message boards would have us believe.

Many have made the choice not to pay hundred of pounds a year to follow the club they nominally support, in person, and many more are not willing to invest further funds into the share scheme of a financial basket case.

I don't know how many regular posters there are on JKB (posting more than 2 or 3 times a week). I'd guess at maybe 500. That is a small element of the support (even of ST holders) and may not be representative of the views of the wider support. i.e. those who populate message boards tend to be those who are most passionate about the club they follow.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

so 3200 fans have raised ?800000, brilliant effort .now its time for the other 92000 to get their fingers out and help .there is only 7 days left to raise ?1.1million to find cant see it but i hope some of the s/t holders that havnt subscribed get their ar*es in gear.

This. Do we want to get rid of Vlad and own our club or not? It appears not.

Archived