Hot Sauces

The Comedian

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Needed a pint of milk just to view this thread. 

I got hiccups last time I was brave enough to get jalepenos on my nachos last cinema visit. 

I always ask them if I can get loads of jalapeños on top and I’ll pay the extra if they want...they never charge me.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckyBatistuta

• IronJambo

• Ribble

• gordiegords

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I always ask them if I can get loads of jalapeños on top and I’ll pay the extra if they want...they never charge me.

Probably because they make a mint of wimps like me refusing them. :lol: 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, gjcc said:

Probably because they make a mint of wimps like me refusing them. :lol: 

:laugh2: just don’t rub your eyes half way through the movie ?

21 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I bought a bottle of the super hot Siracha, at the weekend. Brilliant.

e8607062-83ea-4dc0-9e36-812871f6ae0f.jpg

Where'd you pick this up, mate? I've only ever seen the normal, not "super hot".

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I'm the same, it's probably the tastiest hot sauce I've tried.

I go through it pretty quickly too, so much so that I've taken to ordering it by the gallon....

IMG_20190213_182020550.thumb.jpg.4adc4d4bd9c003cfb96a2488c86d7d8b.jpg

Time to order a new one I think!

Where did you find that mate?

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Where'd you pick this up, mate? I've only ever seen the normal, not "super hot".

‘I’m sure I’ve seen that in TK Maxx 

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Lupe Pinto Deli just up from the Kings sells a hot sauce named Colon Blow.

Described on the bottle as a Red Hot Habanero Enema and it is guaranteed to clean you out. 

£4.50 a bottle.

Not tried it.......yet.

A name that sounds like Garry O’Jos has found a new route for his favourite past time. 

49 minutes ago, Locky said:

Where did you find that mate?

You can buy it on Amazon, costs around £20, so a hell of a saving compared to buying the small bottles.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Described on the bottle as a Red Hot Habanero Enema and it is guaranteed to clean you out. 

£4.50 a bottle.

Not tried it.......yet.

Up for some of that :2thumbsup:

10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘I’m sure I’ve seen that in TK Maxx 

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Got mine at Aldi with the rest of the riffraff. £2 or thereabouts.

Thanks guys.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I got mine in tesco at Dalkeith. I imagine they'll do it in most tescos. They also had a sweet chilli one, didn't bother with that one. 

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I got mine in tesco at Dalkeith. I imagine they'll do it in most tescos. They also had a sweet chilli one, didn't bother with that one. 

Cheers--yeah, ugh, sweet chilli is the worst.

15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anybody tried any of these...

9C417954-E2FD-4469-B62A-A9FA2C4BC85C.jpeg

E063CC79-30E5-43E4-A63C-56EF480FB1F5.gif

58809DFD-6C3E-4F02-BA39-8AD69CB2DCB8.jpeg

341EBF1E-989A-4F3D-B0D0-9A38BB105B79.jpeg

F2CE6F4C-176E-4CC7-B63C-E6033B25CCB5.png

Burnt bottom the following day with that lot., anyway bought branston pickle smooth , turns out

its like a sauce in a jar, might be getting binned.

Reading back over this thread has got me wondering how many of the chilliheads on here have managed to do the suicide challenge at Wings?

34 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Reading back over this thread has got me wondering how many of the chilliheads on here have managed to do the suicide challenge at Wings?

I had a tiny taste of the suicide sauce. Going nowhere near that challenge.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Up all night on the pan mair like....

?

Still on for dinner at yours tonight jonno, I’ll bring a spare bog roll ?

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Burnt bottom the following day with that lot., anyway bought branston pickle smooth , turns out

its like a sauce in a jar, might be getting binned.

:lol: :wtf: were you expecting.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Tell me more?

23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Tell me more?

6 wings, covered in a base Ghost Chili sauce, each wing then has 2/3 drops of extract added that i'd guess is somewhere around the 4-6m scoville mark.

Take as long as you like to eat them, the bone bucket is inspected to make sure you have eaten everything. Then keep it down/in for 30mins (you can go to the loo/ to smoke or whatever but you will be followed for the 30mins to make sure you have kept it down/in).

When I done it there were no latex gloves to wear, no pints of milk/sour cream etc but that seems to be allowed these days.

If you complete it you get a picture on the wall and qualify to be able to try the Armageddon Wings, I was at near breaking point doing the Suicide challenge so no danger am I going anywhere near the Armageddon Wings even if you get a lifetime of free chicken wings (well a free portion anytime you go in)

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

6 wings, covered in a base Ghost Chili sauce, each wing then has 2/3 drops of extract added that i'd guess is somewhere around the 4-6m scoville mark.

Take as long as you like to eat them, the bone bucket is inspected to make sure you have eaten everything. Then keep it down/in for 30mins (you can go to the loo/ to smoke or whatever but you will be followed for the 30mins to make sure you have kept it down/in).

When I done it there were no latex gloves to wear, no pints of milk/sour cream etc but that seems to be allowed these days.

If you complete it you get a picture on the wall and qualify to be able to try the Armageddon Wings, I was at near breaking point doing the Suicide challenge so no danger am I going anywhere near the Armageddon Wings even if you get a lifetime of free chicken wings (well a free portion anytime you go in)

‘Sounds easy enough :verysmug:

45 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sounds like I need to get me a go at this next time I'm up 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Sounds like I need to get me a go at this next time I'm up 

Just watched a guy on YouTube do it, said the secret was to take the meat off the bone first.

48 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched a guy on YouTube do it, said the secret was to take the meat off the bone first.

tbh i'd say the key to my completion of the challenge was stubbornness, nothing else

I'd also add that moments after hitting the 30 minute keeping it down condition, I upwardly expelled as much as I possible could, other's I know that didn't do the same were...  well lets just say a little worse for wear for a few days

Edited by Ribble

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Where can I do this? Sounds a piece of pish.

You mean you’ve never polished off a hot bird before jonno

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

tbh i'd say the key to my completion of the challenge was stubbornness, nothing else

I'd also add that moments after hitting the 30 minute keeping it down condition, I upwardly expelled as much as I possible could, other I know that didn't do the same were...  well lets just say a little worse for wear for a few days

But you did it :D

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

But you did it :D

Just!!

Honestly, while the burn in my mouth was bad it was nothing compared to the cramps and pain in my guts for that half hour. Had I not had a crowd of folk with me saying that there's no way i'd do it then I'd have probably given up.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Just!!

Honestly, while the burn in my mouth was bad it was nothing compared to the cramps and pain in my guts for that half hour. Had I not had a crowd of folk with me saying that there's no way i'd do it then I'd have probably given up.

Would love to try it, but also love to watch someone I know try it

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Would love to try it, but also love to watch someone I know try it

Folk I was with were destroyed by trying a tiny dot of the sauce on a chip

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Folk I was with were destroyed by trying a tiny dot of the sauce on a chip

It’s sounding better by the second. My wife is like that every time I get her to try whatever Indian I have and they’re not even remotely hot.

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hats off to Ribble.  Brave man.

By coincidence we are having a curry tonight from our local excellent Indian.

Extra hot vindaloo for me with my wife and daughter on the Korma. Feckin saps. 

Finish it off with a nan for lunch tomorrow. Even hotter after an overnight marinade. 

Jimmy Carter like a Bunsen burner. Wonderful.

Korma should be banned, it’s garbage. Only thing my wife will ever eat from an Indian.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hats off to Ribble.  Brave man.

By coincidence we are having a curry tonight from our local excellent Indian.

Extra hot vindaloo for me with my wife and daughter on the Korma. Feckin saps. 

Finish it off with a nan for lunch tomorrow. Even hotter after an overnight marinade. 

Jimmy Carter like a Bunsen burner. Wonderful.

Korma is the curry of choice for my brother-in-law.

Further proof, if any were needed, of what a feckin tube he is.

This is the same bloke who split a 500ml bottle of beer over two nights.  

Whilst on holiday.  :vrface: 

Just been told they want a Rogan josh....

:phface:

:facepalm: Horrendous, indeed.

Not as bad as a feckin Korma though.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Korma is the curry of choice for my brother-in-law.

Further proof, if any were needed, of what a feckin tube he is.

This is the same bloke who split a 500ml bottle of beer over two nights.  

Whilst on holiday.  :vrface: 

:bwcornette: 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just been told they want a Rogan josh....

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

:facepalm: Horrendous, indeed.

Not as bad as a feckin Korma though.

Oh dear, but you are right Morgan

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They enjoyed it.

Of course they did, because they’ve been eating fekn Kormas until now:lol:

On 12/02/2019 at 23:55, jonesy said:

BTW, does that bit at the top say 'superschart'? Is that the effect of too much of the stuff? :)

Superscharf. German for "****ing spicy". 

On 13/02/2019 at 20:44, RobNox said:

You can buy it on Amazon, costs around £20, so a hell of a saving compared to buying the small bottles.

It isnt half...

jack D and coke
On 13/02/2019 at 20:07, jonnothejambo said:

£4.50 a bottle.

Not tried it.......yet.

Colon Blow :lol: 

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sounds like a right welt...

Yep, so I tell him.  :lol: 

19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They enjoyed it.

Philistines.  :biggrin:

16 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:bwcornette: 

Oh dear, but you are right Morgan

Of course they did, because they’ve been eating fekn Kormas until now:lol:

Good, logical thinking there.

:thumbsup:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
49 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

These should be drunk straight from the bottle, mon ami. 

Whilst sitting on le shunky. 

These should be drunk straight from the bottle, mon ami. 

I'll give that a go later.

Between beers.  ?

35 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Whilst sitting on le shunky. 

:lol:  I know.  That's where you end up anyway, so may as well cut out the traveling time!

• 4 years later...

Knew there was a thread on this in the past. 

DSC0329_1200x.jpg?v=1600876367

Really enjoying this at the minute, got a nice tanginess to it because of the apple cider vinegar, and not just pure heat that some of the Reaper ones end up being. 

Anyone got any other "local" ones they enjoy? 

New Town Loafer
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Knew there was a thread on this in the past. 

DSC0329_1200x.jpg?v=1600876367

Really enjoying this at the minute, got a nice tanginess to it because of the apple cider vinegar, and not just pure heat that some of the Reaper ones end up being. 

Anyone got any other "local" ones they enjoy? 

Baron Blazing Hot Sauce, 155g

Found this brand in Crombie's, Broughton Street the other week. Absolutely superb with a nice heat.

'Leithal Hot Sauce' also does a decent range.

highlandjambo3

Found this place for breakfast in Revelstoke (Canada) a couple of weeks ago………ham, cheese & egg omelet with a selection of hot sauces to choose from……my favourite (seen below)

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

highlandjambo3

Anything with “Carolina Reaper” on it is pretty mental………here’s the “hot chilli” chart…….by the way, anyone that thinks jalapeños are hot needs to be in bed by 8 with a mug of hot chocolate 😁.

Of course there is always a bit of debate about the hottest sauce, that’s basically because of the actual chilli content amongst other mixed in ingredients like tomatoes and onions will vary from brand to brand.  For example, a sauce with 80% ingredients of jalapeños will be hotter than a sauce with 5% Carolina reaper chillis.  However, the table below does not lie………Carolina’s are mental………see if you can get your hands on a bottle, you'll see what I mean.

Got the bottle below in Tesco but, it’s only 5% reaper.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_5852.jpeg

Greedy Jambo

I love hot sauces but they've got to have some flavour and be mild enough to wack a decent amount on. 

I don't see the point in buying stuff that blows your head off with one drop. 

Subway's hot sauce was one of my favourites, but they refused to sell me it and i never did find out what brand it was. The'yve now stopped doing it and are using shitty sriracha. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Anything with “Carolina Reaper” on it is pretty mental………here’s the “hot chilli” chart…….by the way, anyone that thinks jalapeños are hot needs to be in bed by 8 with a mug of hot chocolate 😁.

Of course there is always a bit of debate about the hottest sauce, that’s basically because of the actual chilli content amongst other mixed in ingredients like tomatoes and onions will vary from brand to brand.  For example, a sauce with 80% ingredients of jalapeños will be hotter than a sauce with 5% Carolina reaper chillis.  However, the table below does not lie………Carolina’s are mental………see if you can get your hands on a bottle, you'll see what I mean.

Got the bottle below in Tesco but, it’s only 5% reaper.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_5852.jpeg

Place outside the Belgian bar I'm using in Los Cristianos this holiday is advertising a Reaper Hot Dog, should I take one for the team and try it?

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

However, the table below does not lie………Carolina’s are mental………see if you can get your hands on a bottle, you'll see what I mean.

507d741b52a8f6b120bd77aa8dc66475fdd3ad4b

highlandjambo3
47 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Place outside the Belgian bar I'm using in Los Cristianos this holiday is advertising a Reaper Hot Dog, should I take one for the team and try it?

Yes…..you must……pictures are also required.  Ask the kitchen for a deeky at the ingredients label as I like to know these things……I look forward to your reply, once your released from A & E that is 😳