FAO Hearts Players

Gigolo-Aunt

When talking about Frail to the press, can you not address him as "Shaggy" - Although not meant to,It shows a complete lack of respect.

Gaffer or boss will do.

Trivial some might think, but there you go....

When talking about Frail to the press, can you not address him as "Shaggy" - Although not meant to,It shows a complete lack of respect.

Gaffer or boss will do.

Maybe he told them "call me Shaggy"...so its just natural when talking about him no ?

Gaffer or boss will do.

Spot on with the "trivial":confused:

I dont think so. Shaggy is from his coaching days.

He is the caretaker manager now and must distance himself from "One of the lads"

I dont think so. Shaggy is from his coaching days.

He is the caretaker manager now and must distance himself from "One of the lads"

normally you would be right mate but ,frail main job i think is trying to create a team spirt and put some fight and heart back into a tremendiously demotivated devided squad of players shaggy will do for now :):)

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think that is quite right.

The Boss/Big Chief/Gaffer Should only get called names behind his back.

Calling him by a nickname shows a lack of fear, Almost some disrespect...

If the players screw up, It's OK, Shaggy's a nice guy.

Or, The Boss is gonna go nuts, I'd better shape up!

Happened to a club (Peterborough) a couple of years ago down Engerland way, Big Ron had to go in and sort them out!

Surely if Shaggy thought it was disrespectful he would've told them not to use it?

If Shaggy is ok with it, then whats the fuss?

Guest JamboRobbo

We're getting a real manager soon anyway aren't we? Not much point stopping calling him Shaggy now just for a week or two.

Gaffer or boss will do.

Are you for real?

Yesterday you were moaning that Velicka scores too many gols or something, now you're annoyed because one of our coaches (who recently became caretaker-manager) is on nickname terms with the squad!

Gaffer or boss will do.

It might be just a wee thing Gig, but I agree that it's probably not the best idea. They can call each other what they like within the confines of the dressing room (and I expect they do!) but it would be nice if they'd even try to convince us that anything is normal behind closed doors. When there are discipline problems within the squad, it doesn't reassure anyone to know that they're all best pals - we just want to know that someone is kicking their collective bahookies.

It would probably help Frail's position too. The media are generally kind towards him personally but sometimes verge on patronising him and his role...this sort of thing probably just creates a (hopefully) misleading impression of how things are.

It might be just a wee thing Gig, but I agree that it's probably not the best idea. They can call each other what they like within the confines of the dressing room (and I expect they do!) but it would be nice if they'd even try to convince us that anything is normal behind closed doors. When there are discipline problems within the squad, it doesn't reassure anyone to know that they're all best pals - we just want to know that someone is kicking their collective bahookies.

It would probably help Frail's position too. The media are generally kind towards him personally but sometimes verge on patronising him and his role...this sort of thing probably just creates a (hopefully) misleading impression of how things are.

Generally caretaker managers get talked up by the players to get the job and none of them seem to last long. The temporary manager knows that if he doesn't get the job he is fired and a few of the players will be punted as well.

It suits all of them to stick together at this stage but this could only be bad for Hearts as we have an inexperienced coach and a squad filled with mediocrity.

Whats a player going to say to his pal 'shaggy' when he gets punted or dropped? A real manager should have the authority in him to make sure he gets respect.

Generally caretaker managers get talked up by the players to get the job and none of them seem to last long. The temporary manager knows that if he doesn't get the job he is fired and a few of the players will be punted as well.

It suits all of them to stick together at this stage but this could only be bad for Hearts as we have an inexperienced coach and a squad filled with mediocrity.

Whats a player going to say to his pal 'shaggy' when he gets punted or dropped? A real manager should have the authority in him to make sure he gets respect.

I'm not suggesting that they don't respect Frail, I think they do. But I don't think they're scared of him and a wee bit fear is never a bad thing.

My comments were more about how things appear outwardly...to the press etc. Jambos will have their own ideas about what's happening internally at the club and are less likely to be influenced by these wee things, but the media are watching and the players/coaches etc could do themselves a favour and try to improve things there. There are far more important things for them to concern themselves with, mind you.

Put a suit on while you're at it.

Just try not to look like the work experience boy.

He had a suit on for the pre- and post-match interviews.

Are you for real?

Yesterday you were moaning that Velicka scores too many gols or something, now you're annoyed because one of our coaches (who recently became caretaker-manager) is on nickname terms with the squad!

Yup, for real.

A few folk on this thread got what I was banging my drum about.

As for Velicka, it would appear that went over your head as well.

Gaffer or boss will do.

FWIW I agree with you. It's all about perception.

Are you for real?

i?ro?ny1 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

?noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.

Are you for real?

Oh dear, think you might have missed the point. ;)

Robbos Right Peg

Gaffer or boss will do.

100% correct.

Not for one minute would I expect Sir Alex Ferguson to accept being called 'Eck' or 'Boozy Red Nose' by any of his players. So when muppets like Callum Idiot are quoted in the papers calling Frail 'Shaggy' it reeks of a lack of professionalisim and respect.

I doubt Tommy Walker would have accepted being addressed as anything other than 'Mr Walker'.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
100% correct.

Not for one minute would I expect Sir Alex Ferguson to accept being called 'Eck' or 'Boozy Red Nose' by any of his players. So when muppets like Callum Idiot are quoted in the papers calling Frail 'Shaggy' it reeks of a lack of professionalisim and respect.

I doubt Tommy Walker would have accepted being addressed as anything other than 'Mr Walker'.

He shouldn't even get the privilege of calling him gaffer.

It's Mr Frail to you Callum Idiot.

Gaffer or boss will do.

Correct.

When I heard that baboon Elliot calling him 'Shaggy' the other week there, He went even further down in my estimation.

Have a little respect ya shellsuit wearing jakey ned.

We're getting a real manager soon anyway aren't we? Not much point stopping calling him Shaggy now just for a week or two.

Just like our "Acting Chief Exec: :D

Gaffer or boss will do.

Thought he was only in charge for the short term until we got a real manager..so can't see what difference it would make IMHO. Unless of course you think he will be in charge until the end of the season or longer...surley not..Mad Vlad going back on his word:p

Thought he was only in charge for the short term until we got a real manager..so can't see what difference it would make IMHO. Unless of course you think he will be in charge until the end of the season or longer...surley not..Mad Vlad going back on his word:p

Vlads a man of honour Horse come on get with the script. ;)

Archived