Alan Maybury....

Guest GhostHunter

he's only training with Hearts to keep fit and doesn't seem likely we will sign him but i'd take him back for rest of season and take it from there

was great for us first time - don't know why some people are saying he was *****?

what was the game he scored a raker in the last minute and we won one nil?

I think it seems very likely that he will sign.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt hurt to give him a 6 month contract.

He is better than Robbie and would be a short term solution, however long term we should be looking for someone with a little more quality.

The only thing i would be worried about is that would maybe be one of the slowest defences in the league imo.

You think?

Berra's one of the fastest defenders in the league, Tall's always well positioned when playing centre so pace isn't vital. Karipidis and Maybury are solid and far less shaky than what we have just now at full back.

he's only training with Hearts to keep fit and doesn't seem likely we will sign him but i'd take him back for rest of season and take it from there

was great for us first time - don't know why some people are saying he was *****?

what was the game he scored a raker in the last minute and we won one nil?

Partick Thistle IIRC.

You think?

Berra's one of the fastest defenders in the league, Tall's always well positioned when playing centre so pace isn't vital. Karipidis and Maybury are solid and far less shaky than what we have just now at full back.

That is why i said it was my opinion,i think that is a slow defence.

You think?

I've always though Berra was one of the slowest.

I would take him till the end of the season aswell. I think it is pretty obvious we are not going to sign any quality full backs this window. So why not get a guy in who is decent and can play left and right back. He is certainly better than RN and it is debatable whether he is better than any of our left backs but not anyw worse IMO. He would be good cover.

FullStopCloseBracket

While we're bringing back players from the Levein era, how about Neil Mac...

...er, what I mean to say is, how about Mark de Vries?

Ha, even Interpol couldn't catch me.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I dont care what anyone says, I liked Niel McFarlane. Never even close to being the best player but during Robbo's spell as manager he was the ONLY player on the park that seemed to give a ****. Never going to play when Romanov brought in his roubles but every inch a PROFFESIONAL.

FullStopCloseBracket
I dont care what anyone says, I liked Niel McFarlane. Never even close to being the best player but during Robbo's spell as manager he was the ONLY player on the park that seemed to give a ****. Never going to play when Romanov brought in his roubles but every inch a PROFFESIONAL.

I agree completely. He also had cool hair. Show some love. x

What the hell are you on about?!

:confused::ninja:

What the hell are you on about?!

:confused::ninja:

I think he's a certain ex member who has a ban wish...... :ninja:

Anyway, Maybury was a much better full back than Robbie. On the right side anyway. However, is he past his best? :whistling:

Anyway, Maybury was a much better full back than Robbie. On the right side anyway. However, is he past his best? :whistling:

Was struggling to put my finger on who though! Probably very obvious but no idea!:D

Remembering Maybury is only 29. I'd take the chance, for 6 months initially. Win win situation.

FullStopCloseBracket

Yeah, it makes me feel big and hard and stuff. That's not my penis that I'm talking about, by the way. Well, not only my penis.

Seriously, though, it makes me feel all rebellious and like I'm one of the cool kids. You haven't lived until you've been banned from Kickback multiple times.

****e, think I just let on that it's me. Must get better at this.

i think he would be an improvement on neilson but id much sooner see younger players given a chance. i seen jason thomson was on the bench on saturday. dont see why we dont just give him a chance at right back for a while because lets face it. he cant be any worse than neilson is ;)

Not so sure...

I wasn't a huge fan of his the last time around - but then I wasn't of Mikey either.

It's strange though - Robbie plays a half decent game on Saturday (give or take the odd stray pass) - is he worried about his starting position :ninja:

I'd take Maybury over Robbie tbh - but that's not really saying much.

spot on and i pity the new manager (if we ever get one) who'll have to mould a team together from romanov's pick of players. this is romanov putting the cart before the horse.

the man's a fool.

Dr Ian Malcolm

We already know Maybury can do a job at RB - surely a safer option than chucking in one of the young lads? (Thomosn didn't really cover himself in glory when he was first pitched in).

The position we're in just now, top quality right backs aren't running along Gorgie Rd to sign for us. AM may not be the type of player who excites and has a higher pedigree, but he's available and IMO good enough for Hearts - beggars can't always be choosers.

He's no world beater but he's better than Neilson.

A short term deal till the end of the season, if it works out great, if not then let him go.

Nothing to lose imo.

Was struggling to put my finger on who though! Probably very obvious but no idea!:D

Remembering Maybury is only 29. I'd take the chance, for 6 months initially. Win win situation.

He wont come on loan or on a short term deal. He's got one last big contract in him, he likes the money too much and he wont come here unless he's on a whopping great deal for more years than we'd ever see him for.

No thanks

Maybury would definitely sign a six-month deal with an option for 2 years at the end of it.

He left us for MONEY

He'd rather see the rest of his MONEY from Leicester before thinking about signing for anyone else. They dont want him. He wants his money.

That does not say to me that he would be interested in a six month deal. He'd be better off picking up his wages from Leicester for six months.

He'll be wanting a long contract at the top end of our salary scale. Thats around 10-12k and he's not worth it.

I'm not saying we wont go for him, but it wont be on a short term deal because he'll say no. Its his last big contract.

He left us for MONEY

He'd rather see the rest of his MONEY from Leicester before thinking about signing for anyone else. They dont want him. He wants his money.

That does not say to me that he would be interested in a six month deal. He'd be better off picking up his wages from Leicester for six months.

He'll be wanting a long contract at the top end of our salary scale. Thats around 10-12k and he's not worth it.

I'm not saying we wont go for him, but it wont be on a short term deal because he'll say no. Its his last big contract.

You know all this because... let me guess you don't want him back.

The guy has just been freed by Leicester, which means his contract with them is terminated and any outstanding money to him should be due now.

I think you are way off the mark with your ?10-12k estimates for salary. He would probably get between 6 and 8k.

A move to Hearts would be a step up for him, where he had a reasonably successful spell and a few european campaigns.

Compare the Hearts defence with him in it to the current bunch and tell me which one was more solid?

Judging by your attitude you hate everything with the Levein era. Perhaps you think Burley will get our manager's job.

He left us for MONEY

He will get what we say were going to pay him otherwise he can p*ss off to rushden and Diamonds as he has no reputation whatsoever in England.

Snake Plissken

erm

How about we loan him for 6 months.

We like to loan players after all.

He sees out his contract at Leicster, he gets first team football.

If he's good we give him a contract, if not he's free to find another club anyway.

He is streets ahead of Robbie (as probably both my seven year old twin boys are too) and he could also cover left back as well.

Get him signed.

You know all this because... let me guess you don't want him back.

The guy has just been freed by Leicester, which means his contract with them is terminated and any outstanding money to him should be due now.

He hasnt been freed. he's been told he can find another club. Thats different. He is still contracted to them, and he says he wants the contract paid up

I think you are way off the mark with your ?10-12k estimates for salary. He would probably get between 6 and 8k.

I estimated what he would be looking for, based on what he is probably on at Leicester. 6k a week is about his worth and I wouldnt mind him coming for that. He wont though.

A move to Hearts would be a step up for him, where he had a reasonably successful spell and a few european campaigns.

Was his last move, away from Hearts, a step up or down in his mind ? I think you'll find he thought he was stepping up. Actually he was stepping up, in financial terms at least.

Compare the Hearts defence with him in it to the current bunch and tell me which one was more solid?

Cant argue with that one

Judging by your attitude you hate everything with the Levein era. Perhaps you think Burley will get our manager's job.

Dont know where that is coming from. I wouldnt mind Maybury back but I dont think he'll be able to agree terms which make him worth it to take him back. I'd also take Levein back before others in the frame (JJ for a start), although I would prefer Burley.

He left us for MONEY

Footballer in "wanting money" shock!!! :eek:

The FACT is plain and simple.

Alan Maybury will IMPROVE Hearts at Right Back.

Sign him.

That is not fact. Nor is it a FACT

I would be happy enough to see Maybury return to the club but I wouldn't pay him any more than 3 grand a week for the privilege. If he doesn't like it, I'm sure there are loads of decent full backs out there who would.

He left us for MONEY

Baws... he would have went to Utd, meaning to me he'd take a pay cut.

That is not fact. Nor is it a FACT

Maybury -

* is faster than Robbie

* tackles better than Robbie

* has more positional sense than Robbie

* crosses better than Robbie

* Shoots better than Robbie

* passes better than Robbie

On that basis Maybury would improve the team at RB - No?

Maybury -

* is faster than Robbie Not much in it

* tackles better than RobbieDisagree

* has more positional sense than RobbieDisagree

* crosses better than RobbieNot much in it

* Shoots better than RobbieSimilar

* passes better than RobbieDisagree

On that basis Maybury would improve the team at RB - No?

No

I haven't seen Maybury recently, but given Leicester want rid of him I presume he isn't playing so well.

You could add discipline and heading ability both of which Neilson score higher on.

He is streets ahead of Robbie (as probably both my seven year old twin boys are too) and he could also cover left back as well.

Get him signed.

Watched him playing regularly have you?

Archived