Alan Maybury....

Guest GhostHunter

Not so sure...

I wasn't a huge fan of his the last time around - but then I wasn't of Mikey either.

It's strange though - Robbie plays a half decent game on Saturday (give or take the odd stray pass) - is he worried about his starting position :ninja:

I'd take Maybury over Robbie tbh - but that's not really saying much.

I would take anyone over Robbie. AN-Y-ONE.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much - however, he probably IS better than Robbie.

:ninja:

Dexter, you're not really sure, are you? You emphasise the word "is" but also use the word "probably".

My view is that the guy is too small, suffers from red mist, runs about like a headless chicken and too often allowed the ball to run out of play when running up the wing. Apart from all that he is nearly passable. He implies that coming back would suit his girlfriend. Wow! That's commitment for you.

Seriously if we can't do better than that we should leave Robbie where he is - at least it allows continuity in the defence.

Oh my god! If Maybury is the class of player we are looking to sign that is awful, yes for a left footer playing right back he was good, but that was years ago, cant get a game for Leicester should not get a game for us, ROBBIE MUST STAY ROBBIE MUST STAY !!!!!!!

Maybury was right footed.

Dexter, you're not really sure, are you? You emphasise the word "is" but also use the word "probably".

My view is that the guy is too small, suffers from red mist, runs about like a headless chicken and too often allowed the ball to run out of play when running up the wing. Apart from all that he is nearly passable. He implies that coming back would suit his girlfriend. Wow! That's commitment for you.

Seriously if we can't do better than that we should leave Robbie where he is - at least it allows continuity in the defence.

Pretty fair description of his game. One of those players who had a reputation based on where he came from rather than what he could actually do on the pitch.

Far better player than Neilson, so would definately take him back

Also a good leader on the park, which would be very useful with Stewart so badly out of form

Guest GhostHunter
Not good enough for the Foxes. So not good enough for us. :mad:

Remind me again exactly where in the league we are ?

:P

P.S. the reason he can't get a game at Leicester, is because they have a very good youngster called Rchard Stearman who has been linked with several Premiership teams

There's certainly no point rushing things. If he's training it will give Frail a chance to see whether he's the player he was or not. which was a decent right back, nothing more than that.

Drylaw Hearts
There's certainly no point rushing things. If he's training it will give Frail a chance to see whether he's the player he was or not. which was a decent right back, nothing more than that.

I'd be delighted if we could get a decent RB.

Maybury was the last one we had.

I'd be delighted if we could get a decent RB.

Maybury was the last one we had.

I thought he was alright. Better than Robbie, but not great.

Wouldn't be rushing to offer him a contract, but if he shows up ok in training then worth a punt.

Bring back Barassa ....even knackered he's better than Maybury ;)

Dont joke about things like that, might give someone an idea! ;)

All for Mabs to return, we need players who can come in and be better than what we've got and he fits the bill!

Maroon Mayhem

The reason he's not been quoted by Leicester is that Martin Allen didn't fancy him when he came in and placed him on the transfer list, they had about 2 or 3 enquiries from lower league clubs but he didn't want to move. This has riled the owners at Leicester and even though he started to get somewhere under Ian Holloway things have broken down.

He still made about 100 appearances (mostly under Levein) and only fell away under Allen so I think some of the comments have been harsh for a guy still under 30.

I'd take him.

Oh my god! If Maybury is the class of player we are looking to sign that is awful, yes for a left footer playing right back he was good, but that was years ago, cant get a game for Leicester should not get a game for us, ROBBIE MUST STAY ROBBIE MUST STAY !!!!!!!

These 2 statements expose your football knowledge I'm afraid!

Look up "headless chicken" in the dictionary and it comes up with "Robbie Neilson".

He has a better first touch than Neilson, he can run with the ball better than Neilson, cross better than Neilson and is better than Neilson defensively.

He's just better all round. No world beater but better than what we have.

He has a better first touch than Neilson, he can run with the ball better than Neilson, cross better than Neilson and is better than Neilson defensively.

SPOT ON MATE!

We need Neilson replaced for the run in and Maybury is a better (short term)option.

Drylaw Hearts
I thought he was alright. Better than Robbie, but not great.

Wouldn't be rushing to offer him a contract, but if he shows up ok in training then worth a punt.

A deal until the end of the Season may suit both parties.

Always difficult for a player to return and try to live up to previous standards and expectations however at his age and ability he would, at worst, be a competent squad player and would certainly give Robbie a run for his money (or take it like candy from a baby). Looks like Tall is going to be leaving soon so that doesn't leave a great deal of cover for FBs. Anyone seen Jason Thompson play recently?

Its also another experienced player to help bring on the younger members, we dont appear to have many left in the team right now.

Hope to be saying "WELCOME BACK MAYBURY" soon!!!!!

What's the problem?

1)He's better than what we have

2)He's under 30

3)He's available for nothing

I'd take him back. Definitely.

Drylaw Hearts
What's the problem?

1)He's better than what we have

2)He's under 30

3)He's available for nothing

Unless we can get better within the next 10 days they I suspect AM will become a Hearts player again.

Even if it was only until the Summer, he would at the very least provide some decent cover.

DC92, think you can update your signature, think we may have found the ideal CB pairing of Berra and Karapidis!!!

;o)

With Maybury taking over the RB position all that is left is to see if Wallace can hold down the LB spot or Conclaves is able to sort out his issues and start playing like he can on a regular basis!!

Then its just the other depts that need sorting out!!

May I ask why?

He is the best right back we've had in years. I'd take him back in a shot

was thinking the exacts same myself mate.

Unless we can get better within the next 10 days they I suspect AM will become a Hearts player again.

Even if it was only until the Summer, he would at the very least provide some decent cover.

No..a decent REPLACEMENT.

Delighted.

Come on Shaggy, you know it makes sense.

Imagine it?.....Neilson Karipidis Berra Maybury

:duck:

ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!:eek:

Chad Sexington

Take him back in a shot.

I cant believe some of the snooty attitudes on here.

He's a very decent player who would do a job for us.

Some folk need to take a reality check. Cafu aint coming.

:laugh:

Remember Neilson was linked with Newcastle and Rangers?

Bizzare.

He was part of the best defence in the league at the time. Without Elvis holding his hand he struggles. Unless we set the team up to take advantage of his long throws (get Ruben and the CBs in the box) I don't see what he gives us.

As for Maybury I think his unorthodox style put a lot of people off him (including me at first). He always seemed to back off until the player took a bad touch and then pile in. Speedy Gonclaves has a similar style. Not good for the nerves but Maybury made it work. We need more experience in the defence. Could work out.

:laugh:

Remember Neilson was linked with Newcastle and Rangers?

Bizzare.

Along with Barca, Real Madrid....................:dribble:

Disagree with every point.:)

Not good enough for the Foxes. So not good enough for us. :mad:

Aye very good, we are some team!!

I tell you something Maybury as a right back is a lot better than Neilson. It is therefore a step in the right direction if he signs!

I'd take Maybury back in a second.

The fact that he broke into a very decent Republic of Ireland squad when he was with us first time around should tell you something.

A short term deal to the end of the season suits everyone.

Aye very good, we are some team!!

I tell you something Maybury as a right back is a lot better than Neilson. It is therefore a step in the right direction if he signs!

No better than Robbie. A backwards step. :(

The Mighty Thor
I'd take Maybury back in a second.

The fact that he broke into a very decent Republic of Ireland squad when he was with us first time around should tell you something.

A short term deal to the end of the season suits everyone.

The fact he played his last game for the Republic in 2005 should also tell you something.

The fact he played his last game for the Republic in 2005 should also tell you something.

Aye all the other fullbacks were injured.:)

No better than Robbie. A backwards step. :(

He is better than Robbie, if he plays right back!!

Neilson is absolutely horrendous, Maybury is horrendous at worst!

We are obviously not going to agree, but Neilson is woeful!

rudi must stay

would be a gd signing imo. Good to have competition for places in the team and he wouldn't take ages to settle cos he's been here already ;).

He is just the type of player we need.

The fact that Robbie couldn't get a game for us when he was at RB says it all. Only with him switching to LB did it allow Robbie back into the team.

I was more disappointed when he left than De-Vries, who I felt was going downhill before he left.

He is available on a free, so would be the kind of player we need - he could even replace "bombscare" Goncalves, if needed.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Why not give him a deal until the end of the season. If he doesnt break into the team or is mankey, dont renew it. If he does a job offer him a year or 2. We cant really lose to be honest. He likes it up here and his missus is from up here and he cant buy a game for Liecester so it might be on his interests to burst a nut and win a deal.

Malcolm Tucker

Maybury is not a left back!!!

He was a really good RB, but at LB he was not nearly the same player.

Get him in for Robbie, but not a Left Back.

A back four of;

Karipidis Tall Berra Maybury

would be pretty handy.

The only thing i would be worried about is that would maybe be one of the slowest defences in the league imo.

The White Cockade

he's only training with Hearts to keep fit and doesn't seem likely we will sign him but i'd take him back for rest of season and take it from there

was great for us first time - don't know why some people are saying he was *****?

what was the game he scored a raker in the last minute and we won one nil?

Archived