Consortium offer

jbee647

Just been told things are starting to move with regards to a consortium and a fans buy out, still early days, but encouraging news

Ha Ha you drinking Belgian beer at the Brauhaus.

We can but hope. The harsh reality is that fund raising by fans will only help so much, we need a takeover by a group with working capital to get us through the season.

Love it to be true, cant see it happening - how many false dawns/alleged white knights did sevco have - About 10 I think before Greeny :(

Jambof3tornado

I can't see anyone offering enough, without maybe Romanov continuing to own and rent back tynecastle.

Time will tell.

Rumour has it an offer was made today and the outcome will be known on Tuesday.

This is what I've heard , from a very credible source I must add and we should hear more this week

Not doubting the OP but I can imagine we'll see a few of these threads in the coming weeks. Hopefully one is true

Anyone remember how many consortiums were on the go when the pieman sold up? I lost count......

Jambof3tornado

Love it to be true, cant see it happening - how many false dawns/alleged white knights did sevco have - About 10 I think before Greeny :(

And look at how much of a shop front green has turned out to be?!?

The Real Maroonblood

Id rather have an super Oil rich Billionaire Arab

Some of Edinburgh based J.K. Rowling's millions would help.

Anyone remember how many consortiums were on the go when the pieman sold up? I lost count......

I'm talking about people hearing rumours and posting them. Simple stuff really

Some of Edinburgh based J.K. Rowling's millions would help.

Aye, god forbid another foreigner comes in eh?

:vrface:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Edinburgh businessmen is my bet, usually a London businessman involved at some point as well.

Just heard Godolphin are supplying the Horse.

KB should have a separate donations thread and each time a rumour of a consortium is posted the OP must donate ?1 and those replying saying they have also heard the rumour must also donate. Well be able to buy Out Vlad completely within a couple of weeks.

got told last thursday the only way anyone will buy out romanov is if he writes off all the debt

An impossible claim to back up.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

got told last thursday the only way anyone will buy out romanov is if he writes off all the debt

:lol: Does your source speak on behalf of the entire population of the world?

What's the land valued at tynecastle? Around 16m?

I think the club have it valued in the accounts at around ?13 million, optimistically in the current market it would go for ?7million at best.

I really hope there is some credibility in these rumours, but there have been so many in the past that it is best to treat these with extreme scepticism.

Gregory House M.D.

Any consortium offer will have to be at least ?22m IMO. That's why I'll not be gerting excited about this.

Doubtful at this stage. It seems too soon for a serious consortium to have got their shit together for a bid that would stand an earthly.

If we can get past the HMRC bill unscathed, maybe in the coming weeks there might be some credible candidates.

kingantti1874

Any consortium offer will have to be at least ?22m IMO. That's why I'll not be gerting excited about this.

Only I Romanov Is ******* stupid? Whether voluntarily, through administration or through liquidation that loss need to be realised at some point..

Doubtful at this stage. It seems too soon for a serious consortium to have got their shit together for a bid that would stand an earthly.

If we can get past the HMRC bill unscathed, maybe in the coming weeks there might be some credible candidates.

Too soon if they only got their shit together recently, not too soon if they have been at this for a wee while.

Too soon if they only got their shit together recently, not too soon if they have been at this for a wee while.

True. But I think on the balance of probability, any consortium looking to buy the club would only have arisen after the shit hit the fan.

True. But I think on the balance of probability, any consortium looking to buy the club would only have arisen after the shit hit the fan.

The balance of probability sometimes gets it wrong.

I've no doubt that consortiums are talking with Vlad. JJ's article in the record the other day stated that he is well aware of various meetings aimed at buying the club over the past few years. This is now the time for those with cash to start getting serious.

The balance of probability sometimes gets it wrong.

Well hopefully.

As an aside, think how much of a stroke it would be for the current ownership to petrify the fans into paying for a tax bill that had to be paid within days... if they knew there was a buy-out coming imminently.

portobellojambo1

What's the land valued at tynecastle? Around 16m?

I take it you are joking. In the current climate, assuming we were liquidated, Romanov would be lucky to get ?5 million for the land, as there is limited use it can be put to due to Health & Safety. He would then have to tidy it up and have other costs, giving him maybe ?3 million or so in his pocket. Playing staff, in our current situation, would raise maybe ?2 million, if sold prior to liquidation being completed and club wound up. Nobody is going to pay anything more than sweeties for players who could become unemployed a short time later. so he would get back max. about ?5 million in total, and the debt would have to be written off by UBiG.

If he is sensible he will sit down with people willing to invest in the club, and he has a choice. Accept that amount while shutting down the club, or negotiate a slightly higher amount for the sale of the club as is, with it becoming totally debt free. If I was him I'd go for the latter. It is imperative that we get to the end of this season for things to move on, and 100% take up of the share issue will help achieve that.

One thing for sure, is that we need to know if Vlad is going to be realistic with his asking price.

The share price valuation of ?1.8m for 10% seems totally unrealistic considering our debt. Other clubs in similar situations have been sold for a ?1. Is Vlad going to write the debt down to a level that a potential purchaser could take to a bank in the UK for credit facilities? If not, how much money would we need to raise with next season's Season Ticket sales to break even, assuming we could get the ?2m to see out this one.

Edit: I see PJ1 got in first before I pressed submit on my post.

I can't get out my head that Vlad wants to sell, has been disappointed by the lack of bids/action since he made this clear & that the share offer was a push to fans to try & unite. He could have easily paid the tax bill off if he wished but is seeing all of this panic/solidarity/outpouring of loyalty & thinking that this may generate a decentish offer which he'll accept. Only my opinion, I have no sources & am often wrong.

There has been a strong rumour going around for some time regarding a woman who sold her I.T company in 2005 and an investment banker. The names are out there, but whether it comes to anything is another thing. At the end of the day it'll be about price. If they show their hand too early, cost to buy the club will increase. Wait and they may get it cheaper.

The only way I see Romanov ever selling is going down the administration route. Making use of a CVA, the new owner will repay a percentage of the debt back to UBIG and the club will then lease Tynecastle from UBIG.

I dont know the ins and outs of the administration process and how CVA's work, perhaps someone can shed some light on this and whether it is a possibility, but this is the only way I can see Romanov/UBIG preventing taking a massive hit and at least recouping some money whilst the club survives.

The only way I see Romanov ever selling is going down the administration route. Making use of a CVA, the new owner will repay a percentage of the debt back to UBIG and the club will then lease Tynecastle from UBIG.

I dont know the ins and outs of the administration process and how CVA's work, perhaps someone can shed some light on this and whether it is a possibility, but this is the only way I can see Romanov/UBIG preventing taking a massive hit and at least recouping some money whilst the club survives.

Would a buyer really want to take control of the club with all its assets held by Romanov/UBIG? Administration isn't an option as the debt is controlled by Romanov.

I think Romanov/UBIG are going to have to take a hit on the debt as no buyer is realistically going to take that on as no UK bank would lend to us. Businesses are being closed by UK banks for being in far less trouble than we are.

I think we can do all that without the need for admin and therefore avoid damaging sporting penalties. I think.

Archived