?1 to save Hearts

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

The Evening News this morning pointed out that we have to find 10k a week to get over our financial problems. By this reckoning, if every season ticket holder sets up a direct debit to the club of ?1 per week until the summer, we can get through this. If anyone from the club's reading, maybe worth setting up a donation account and publicising this fact?

The Evening News this morning pointed out that we have to find 10k a week to get over our financial problems. By this reckoning, if every season ticket holder sets up a direct debit to the club of ?1 per week until the summer, we can get through this. If anyone from the club's reading, maybe worth setting up a donation account and publicising this fact?

Or by that maths, a 1000 fans to put in a ?10 a week.

Gregory House M.D.

?2 a week from all season ticket holders would see us more than safe. or ?8 a month. Surely folk wouldn't grudge this?

?2 a week from all season ticket holders would see us more than safe. or ?8 a month. Surely folk wouldn't grudge this?

One less pint a week - it should be so straight forward.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm in. They could ask for people to do whatever they could starting from ?1 per week. You'd find that most would put in more.

I am in.Even if it was ?10 a week what is that 2 pints less before the game for a lot of Hearts fans.

I'm glad I don't drink where you go - ?5 a pint..! :0

Its been a long time baby

Its 10k a day mate not a week. Good idea though,some people think they cant afford to give much as times are hard and xmas coming up but if there was a scheme that took a lets say ?3 off a week on a DD to Hearts or even JKB think people would sign up. I just bought ?5 worth of magazines for me and the missus and thought just after I bought them that why am i spending money on **** like this when it could be going to the club! Came home and have cancelled my works xmas night out as the money is going to Hearts

tartofmidlothian

Hmm. Either I misread it in the shop or they've goosed their figures, but call it around 35 weeks until the start of June and that's ?57k a week (worst case scenario, as the club have stated).

The same point applies. If every season ticket holder (and parents on behalf of kids who have them) chips in ?5.70 a week, we're through this. Nowhere near beyond most of us, I suspect.

Well there or there abouts whats the average pint in town about ?3.80 or something.So say 3 pints and a nip.

Why don't they hold under 19 games at Tynecastle on a Sunday, charge a ?10 to get in. Even if we managed to get a crowd of say 5,000, that is an extra ?50,000 gross a time.

Why the onus on Season Ticket Holders?

Don't have my ST any more due to work, but would gladly set up a DD to keep the club alive.

Still don't know what guarantees we have that the money will be used to keep the club going or just be going back to Romanov to repay debt.

tartofmidlothian

Why the onus on Season Ticket Holders?

Don't have my ST any more due to work, but would gladly set up a DD to keep the club alive.

Still don't know what guarantees we have that the money will be used to keep the club going or just be going back to Romanov to repay debt.

No real onus on season ticket holders, I mentioned them just to emphasise how even a small but regular amount from our most hardcore supporters will do the job, so think of what we can all do together.

Obviously the first priority for those who buy into helping the club is to plough money in before the tax bill's due, then after that to keep purchasing shares until the deadline. After that I think trying to sell a direct debit scheme is well worth the effort on the terms mentioned above.

tartofmidlothian

thats what the shares are for

I know, but I reckon there are many thousands of Hearts fans for whom ?110 is just too much in a oner. But sell it to them that they can give the club ?3 a week until season's end and whoever gets involved - hopefully lots - has as good as bought a batch of shares by June.

J Cheever Loophole

Sounds like an Inchyra Hotel regular.Every time I get an invite for a wedding there I seem to come doon with the flu.

I'd happily pay 50 a month by direct debit. I'd buy tickets on top. Half season tickets need to made available asap as well

Why don't they hold under 19 games at Tynecastle on a Sunday, charge a ?10 to get in. Even if we managed to get a crowd of say 5,000, that is an extra ?50,000 gross a time.

800 maybe.

Gregory House M.D.

Just thinking there, if every fan who watched the cup parade stuck a one off ?20 in we would be on easy street. :sob:

People put the onus on Season Ticket holders but it's the armchair fans that we need now.

If all the people , and i mean everyone who turned out on the streets on Cup Final Sunday made a small donation eg ?2 then we would go a long way to saving the club. Could it be done. !!??

Charlie-Brown

We either need 10k of the hardcore to chip in or donate a pound per day for 6 months ie ?182 quid and do this via buying shares or match tickets or simple donations. We could also do with chinning the other 90k on the cup parade for a tenner or fiver each to save Hearts and as a small price for the enjoyment they had that weekend. Can people afford 7 quid a week? ?31 per month for 6 months to see the club thru these troubles times?

Snake Plissken

Not a bad idea at all.

Perhaps if we just opened the Wheatfield, charged a tenner a head (fiver for concessions) then we'd bring in a little more. Promote it on the club website and maybe even throw in some loyalty points for it and we could get a few through the turnstiles.

Charlie-Brown

the under 20's are playing v motherwell this week at tynecastle, think it's tuesday nite but check hearts website, anyway admission is free but they asking everyone to come along support the young lads and make a donation at the gste of whatever you can afford.

Lets get a good turnout for the boys and raise some extra funds.

Charlie-Brown

ps the reason there is no charge for entry is because if they charged a fiver or tenner then we'd have to deduct VAT meaning a quid or two quid each due to be paid to HMRC. If you simply donate what you can then it all goes to Hearts and no extra tax due.

Great idea,

Still lying in my bed in inverness after yesterdays game. Thought that we need this to happen. Does anyone have the clubs account details? If the answers no I have e mailed Janet Smirnova to get them and request permission to post them here.

Then its up to us to do it. I am gonna do ?10 a week till season ends. I realise many cant do this but please even if its ?2 a month if we get thousands doing it we will save this wonderful club. Lets make it happen and post to say you have contributed to keep the momento going

Great idea,

Still lying in my bed in inverness after yesterdays game. Thought that we need this to happen. Does anyone have the clubs account details? If the answers no I have e mailed Janet Smirnova to get them and request permission to post them here.

Then its up to us to do it. I am gonna do ?10 a week till season ends. I realise many cant do this but please even if its ?2 a month if we get thousands doing it we will save this wonderful club. Lets make it happen and post to say you have contributed to keep the momento going

Canu you post the club account details when you get them ... I'll join you

Now the club have given a number ti call for donations, I texted every Hearts fan I know asking them to call and donate a tenner.

Its ?10k per day not week!

thats what the shares are for

Exactly. Zebra Finance is available for anyone who wants to buy shares and pay them up over 10 months. Why doesnt everyone just buy ?220 worth of shares and set up the DD to Zebra for ?22 per month, a fiver a week?????? What is stopping people. We only need just over 8,000 fans to do this and the Share issue is fully subscribed. And Hearts will get the money right away.

I know, but I reckon there are many thousands of Hearts fans for whom ?110 is just too much in a oner. But sell it to them that they can give the club ?3 a week until season's end and whoever gets involved - hopefully lots - has as good as bought a batch of shares by June.

Zebra Finance is available for fans to pay the shares over 10 months. ?11 per month minimum purchase??????

Zebra Finance is available for fans to pay the shares over 10 months. ?11 per month minimum purchase??????

And in reality if 12,000 fans just continued to pay ?10 per month on a continuous basis that would be ?1.5m extra every year so our current 'funding gap' would be covered. Wouldnt need to offload anyone we didnt want in Jan or next summer. A scheme like this would also bring potential buyers to the table with Vlad much quicker.

And in reality if 12,000 fans just continued to pay ?10 per month on a continuous basis that would be ?1.5m extra every year so our current 'funding gap' would be covered. Wouldnt need to offload anyone we didnt want in Jan or next summer. A scheme like this would also bring potential buyers to the table with Vlad much quicker.

Add an extra couple of quid and fund Rudi's return too.

tartofmidlothian

Exactly. Zebra Finance is available for anyone who wants to buy shares and pay them up over 10 months. Why doesnt everyone just buy ?220 worth of shares and set up the DD to Zebra for ?22 per month, a fiver a week?????? What is stopping people. We only need just over 8,000 fans to do this and the Share issue is fully subscribed. And Hearts will get the money right away.

However individual fans want to do it. I just wanted to illustrate how small each contribution can be if we have significant numbers doing it. I also agree that the priority is to plough money in and pay off this week's bill, than make sure the share issue is subscribed. I reckon a direct debit scheme would be a winner in the new year though, if all money is guaranteed to help run the club.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

I would do this pretty much from now on regardless of who our owner is, if the money is guaranteed to be used exclusively for the running of the club. Much easier to find than a lump sum and it would at least help us stay up to date with bills and wages. In better times it could even help our squad keep a competitive edge. Maybe it could be one loyalty point per monthly payment? Or one loyalty point per tenner donated?

Archived