'Goal-a-game Glen'

h-e-a-r-t-s

jack D and coke

Encouraging start from the boy thats for sure. Hopefully fudbox won't mess him around and we might have finally produced a decent front player.

Well done to the lad!!

Hope he can keep it up and keep improving!

Has to be the 1st choice striker at the moment!

I can't believe there's no 'Gary Glen - Legend' thread yet! :)

Well done to the lad, though. I bet he's grinning from ear to ear.

ArmiyaRomanova

Really well done to the lad, and he certainly looks promising.

The answer to our striker problems though? I'll reserve judgement on that.

chester copperpot
Really well done to the lad, and he certainly looks promising.

The answer to our striker problems though? I'll reserve judgement on that.

His movement is great for a young lad, was speaking to John Mitchell and Matty about how he finds loads of space and looks like a natural striker. Compare him and Clum, who is attracted to the ball like a moth to the light. Gary seems a lot more clever, and looks for space.

Only a Game

Done hardly anything of note the whole game and popped up with a great finish near the end.

He reminds me of a certain someone in his early career.(best not say it)

Done hardly anything of note the whole game and popped up with a great finish near the end.

He reminds me of a certain someone in his early career.(best not say it)

Exactly the type of striker we've been crying out for.

Well done to the lad, will certainly be a contender for a first team slot next season.

Finally, the answer to our striking problems...

He does not have a goal a game, I may be wrong but did he not come on against Dundee Utd last year/season?

Frankenstein Jambo.
He does not have a goal a game, I may be wrong but did he not come on against Dundee Utd last year/season?

There's always somebody lol

Only a Game

Came on as a sub against Killie a few weeks ago also.

To Be honest, he really wasn't that good today. We still need a better attacking option in my opinion. The one thing that today did show is that without Nade we can actually get some pace upfront. He is a carthorse, a second rate Mark De Vries

Only a Game
To Be honest, he really wasn't that good today. We still need a better attacking option in my opinion. The one thing that today did show is that without Nade we can actually get some pace upfront. He is a carthorse, a second rate Mark De Vries

No he wasnt that good, but over the years many of the best strikers, even at the very top level, havent contributed much except for the key ingredient (Goals) McCoist was a prime example of this. I only need my strikers to be capable of one thing, being in the right place at the right time and converting a reasonable proportion of whats created for them. Anything else is a bonus IMO.

CornhillHearts

As discussed he has natural ability and a fantastic touch, still not sure he is an out and out goalscorer and I have seen him more than most.

I bet only a few of you have seen his "winder" lets hope we see it before end of season.

Charlie-Brown
As discussed he has natural ability and a fantastic touch, still not sure he is an out and out goalscorer and I have seen him more than most.

I bet only a few of you have seen his "winder" lets hope we see it before end of season.

I've seen a bit of Glen and i think he's a better footballer out of the box than solely as a penalty box striker although his goals / games ratio is quite good - but he's too good an all round footballer to limit him to being a poacher.

Italian Lambretta

Thought the young lad did well again today, but couldn't help wondering if we actually have a Striking coach amongst the staff at Tynie?

I think our young and some of the older front players would benefit from the experience of a proven goal scoring coach.

Maybe a Robbo type individual.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Lets not get carried away here , bottom six footy in meaningless games

Encouraging signs i must say though the boy looks like a gem

Very impressive , superb workrate , runs for the lost cause ball

Similarities of a certain striker in his finishing

This lad could save the club a lot of money on a striker this summer as it is

more satisfying seeing the youngsters develop than the club going out

and buying in the transfer market . However i think he would benefit with playing

alongside a more experienced target man in the mould of Sandy Clark

coppercrutch

Let's not put too much pressure on the lad !!

He does look a cut above Clum though. Not too difficult really !! :)

There's a few on here who will have Barry Anderson and Colleen paterson round their house tonight. They were telling Hearts fans NOT to put pressure on Gary Glen.

Hope you enjoy their visit, and give BA a kick in the chucks from me will ya? Ta.

Just remember that Elliott was once the golden child. Lets not spoil another teenagers career folks eh?

I have been really impressed with what I have seen so far. And it is a great start to his career. But the same was said about Mole and a certain Mr Elliot.

Although he has definately got something about him. He has the pace, he gets in scoring positions, his touch is brilliant as is his awareness. We may have a real gem in our hands.

Dare I say it but I would like to see him and Pinigol up front.

If not then Zal and Glen.....

To be honest, I didn't see much in Calum Elliot's first few games. Took him several games before he got his first.

I thought he looked good.

A very good prospect.

When dropping deep for the ball and turning and running at his man I thought he was excellent.

Well done Gary, keep it up.

Not seen Glen in the flesh yet but i have seen plenty of Elliot from the off from his first team debut and he has always been **** was never fooled by the wee purple patch two seasons ago.

The Old Tolbooth
I can't believe there's no 'Gary Glen - Legend' thread yet! :)

Well done to the lad, though. I bet he's grinning from ear to ear.

Ha ha!! Too true mate!

I'm just wondering when his testimonial is! :confused:

For the record, he's done in 8 days, the same as it's taken Callum Elliot to do in 2 freeeeeekin years!!!!!!!!!

Lets not get carried away here , bottom six footy in meaningless games

Encouraging signs i must say though the boy looks like a gem

Very impressive , superb workrate , runs for the lost cause ball

Similarities of a certain striker in his finishing

This lad could save the club a lot of money on a striker this summer as it is

more satisfying seeing the youngsters develop than the club going out

and buying in the transfer market . However i think he would benefit with playing

alongside a more experienced target man in the mould of Sandy Clark

Has he been injured this season? When we have seen the likes of a rotund Nade with his tongue hanging out like a dog on a scorching day after a 10 yard run, the utterly hopeless Beniusis, Ksnavicius and Ivaskevicius as well as confidence gone Elliot up front - why on earth have we not seen more of Glen?

The point about a Sandy Clark (Jimmy Bone) figure is a good one. Glen looks to me as though he could do well playing off a player like that who could protect him.

I thought he was very impressive and he and Miko seemed to have a decent connection. O the other hand I didn?t think it looked like Elliot and Glen were a partnership, or certainly not yet - "link broken" so to speak.

Was interesting to see the young lad Robinson and his only touch was an intelligent one - couldn?t help suspecting the ICT defenders stood off him though for fear of our wrath! Robinson?s disappointment at the final whistle being blown was also a good sign. We probably won?t see him again for a while, similar to Glen after DUFC last season but I hope he has the encouragement to work hard to progress.

Buffalo Bill

What I liked about Glen was that everytime the ball came to him, there was a spark in the crowd. He has given us a bit of a lift in the last two games.

Early days yet, but he's been a light in the dark season that is 2007/08.

Buffalo Bill

hearts @ heart

Been quietly impressed with GG.

Has a lot of appetite for the game and can find space which can be difficult in the SPL.

Good first touch and pace.

Well done lad. Keep it up.

Archived