Donate a ticket to future Jambos

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks again to @Rudolfwho has donated 5 pairs of tickets for the St Mirren game. These have been purchased by JKB and a sum of 312.50 which includes Gift Aid has been donated to DEC Ukrainian appeal. The tickets have been given back to us and will be distributed tomorrow to

Balgreen PS

Murrayburn PS

Stenhouse PS

Oxgangs PS

Canal View PS

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dagger Is Back

• davemclaren

• hisnameis

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

A wee thank you from Balgreen PS

Dear X

Can I thank you on behalf of our school community for the kind donation of tickets for the match on Saturday. Many of our families are struggling financially at present. Many of them impacted by zero hours contracts, working poverty, changes to benefits or those struggling to cope with the ever increasing cost of day-to-day living. Being able to take advantage of these free tickets allows families to spend time away from these worries and stresses. Your gift means the world to us and allows families to do a fun activity (when we are winning!!!) together and I look forward to chatting to them about the game on Monday morningwhen they are back in school.

Many thanks,

Richard

HeartOfMidlothian93

I have purchased an U16s ticket for the QF on Saturday that I’d like to donate (Section A). 

What’s the best way to do this? If it makes any difference it’s a digital ticket that I’ve received via email. 

Thanks 

Dagger Is Back
On 10/03/2022 at 07:08, HeartOfMidlothian93 said:

I have purchased an U16s ticket for the QF on Saturday that I’d like to donate (Section A). 

What’s the best way to do this? If it makes any difference it’s a digital ticket that I’ve received via email. 

Thanks 

Really sorry just picked up on this. It’s really kind of you but too late obviously for us to get the ticket out to a school,

Hope you manage to find a home for it

HeartOfMidlothian93
12 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Really sorry just picked up on this. It’s really kind of you but too late obviously for us to get the ticket out to a school,

Hope you manage to find a home for it

I should have mentioned it earlier to be honest. Knew it would most likely be too late, but thought I may as well post it in here anyway to see if anyone wanted it. 

Thanks 🙂

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, HeartOfMidlothian93 said:

I should have mentioned it earlier to be honest. Knew it would most likely be too late, but thought I may as well post it in here anyway to see if anyone wanted it. 

Thanks 🙂

Cheers. You might find someone on here who will take it especially if it's a digital one.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, fatjambo said:

Sorry for the late notice, 2 Adults & 2 U16 available for tonight, pick up Eh15 3fb. 

Sorry matey. Appreciate the offer though.

Dagger Is Back

Some nice feedback from Oxgangs PS

Hi Mr X,

Thanks so much for the kind offer of the Hearts tickets. There was a lot of keen kids but a football/Jambo mad lad in P6, who had never gone to see a game before, was chosen. When he was told he was going his face lit up as if it was Christmas! He has been telling me all about the experience all week and how much he enjoyed it. He is hoping they get a win against Hibs in the next stage.

So thank you very much for giving him this opportunity, it is much appreciated!

AB

Pupil Support Assistant

Oxgangs Primary School

Clerry Jambo

Been said already dagger but a great thread to keep up with and to hear how the kids loved the experience, well done mate

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Been said already dagger but a great thread to keep up with and to hear how the kids loved the experience, well done mate

It's good to have some good news to share CJ. Can't believe the donors are still keeping this going. It will be 10 years in November! How scary is that thought?

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

It's good to have some good news to share CJ. Can't believe the donors are still keeping this going. It will be 10 years in November! How scary is that thought?

Does anyone have a running total of tickets donated?

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Does anyone have a running total of tickets donated?

In the first season following launch ie THAT St Mirren game to May 2013, we'd handled 385 tickets. By February 2015 that was up to over 500. We had donations from all over the world including China, Canada, South Africa, USA, Ireland, Australia, Thailand and even sunny Swindon, to name a few, and we then broadened out to STs along with individual match tickets. We currently have 10 pairs of STs being used by schools in the Edinburgh area.

Tickets are still donated regularly and hopefully it's something that the FOH might consider supporting in the future.  We'll certainly ask them the question again.

I don't have an accurate number sorry but I'm thinking it must be in excess of 4000 when you think that a pair of STs is 36 games in a season. 

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

In the first season following launch ie THAT St Mirren game to May 2013, we'd handled 385 tickets. By February 2015 that was up to over 500. We had donations from all over the world including China, Canada, South Africa, USA, Ireland, Australia, Thailand and even sunny Swindon, to name a few, and we then broadened out to STs along with individual match tickets. We currently have 10 pairs of STs being used by schools in the Edinburgh area.

Tickets are still donated regularly and hopefully it's something that the FOH might consider supporting in the future.  We'll certainly ask them the question again.

I don't have an accurate number sorry but I'm thinking it must be in excess of 4000 when you think that a pair of STs is 36 games in a season. 

Tremendous stuff. Proud to be an A hole.

On another positive note I got the following from a friend of mine after the  St Mirren  cup game.

DalryPSThanksletterMarch2022.jpg

awayupingorgiecard.jpg

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, brownkg said:

On another positive note I got the following from a friend of mine after the  St Mirren  cup game.

DalryPSThanksletterMarch2022.jpg

awayupingorgiecard.jpg

That’s a really nice letter. Going to Tynie is something a lot of us take for granted but when you hear from the schools and the kids themselves, you realise how special something like this is.

29 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That’s a really nice letter. Going to Tynie is something a lot of us take for granted but when you hear from the schools and the kids themselves, you realise how special something like this is.

:fonzie:

Dagger Is Back

Some more thank yous, this time from Murrayburn PS. Again, a big thank you to all our donors. 

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

A thank you from Stenhouse PS

Dear X 

Thanks for the Hearts tickets. It was my first ever football game. The game was super 4-2. The noise walloped my ears. The second goal from St Mirrin was amazing - I can't lie about that. I will remember it forever.

Kind regards,
N

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Dear X 

Thanks for the Hearts tickets. It was my first ever football game. The game was super 4-2. The noise walloped my ears. The second goal from St Mirrin was amazing - I can't lie about that. I will remember it forever.

Kind regards,
N

Great. 👍

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Dear X 

Kind regards,
N

Brilliant! This boy has a future as a sports writer.

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Big thanks again to @Ulysseswho has donated an adult and U16 ticket for the SF. These have been delivered to Dalry PS this morning.

Thank you

On 19/03/2022 at 14:11, Dagger Is Back said:

Some more thank yous, this time from Murrayburn PS. Again, a big thank you to all our donors. 

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

This was a heartwarming read.  You started something lovely here ... so glad it kept going.

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, Disco Ball said:

This was a heartwarming read.  You started something lovely here ... so glad it kept going.

Really glad you enjoyed reading them. Our donors are so generous and it’s just a brilliant thing that they do.

• 2 weeks later...
Kalamazoo Jambo

@Dagger Is Back

I’d like to donate tickets to an upcoming game. Just wanted to confirm - is the best option to do an adult / u16 pair? If there’s a better option that’s more expensive I’m fine with that too.

Dagger Is Back
15 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

@Dagger Is Back

I’d like to donate tickets to an upcoming game. Just wanted to confirm - is the best option to do an adult / u16 pair? If there’s a better option that’s more expensive I’m fine with that too.

Hi KJ. That would be very kind of you. Yes an adult/U13 or U16 pair is just fine. Most of our tickets go to primary schools but if we get an U16 we tend to use one of the HS. Would you have a particular school you'd like them to go to?

Kalamazoo Jambo

Hi

30 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Hi KJ. That would be very kind of you. Yes an adult/U13 or U16 pair is just fine. Most of our tickets go to primary schools but if we get an U16 we tend to use one of the HS. Would you have a particular school you'd like them to go to?

Hi - one hurdle - didn't get a print at home option - only options were collect from Tynecastle or Royal Mail. Would you be able to do a collect @ Tynecastle. I was thinking 2 pairs of tickets, Adult / u13, no particular school preference. Just let me know your thoughts on how best to get the tickets to you. I can PM you my customer number and other details if that helps.

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Hi

Hi - one hurdle - didn't get a print at home option - only options were collect from Tynecastle or Royal Mail. Would you be able to do a collect @ Tynecastle. I was thinking 2 pairs of tickets, Adult / u13, no particular school preference. Just let me know your thoughts on how best to get the tickets to you. I can PM you my customer number and other details if that helps.

That's really kind of you thank you. Yeah more than happy to collect them from the TO. If you PM me your name, address and cust ref no that should allow them to hand them over to me based on what's happened before.

Thank you

Dagger Is Back

More thank you's - this time to @Kalamazoo Jambo who kindly donated 2 pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the Ross County game. It means that two lucky children and adults can visit Tynecastle to see the Famous.

The tickets were delivered today to Balgreen and Broomhouse PS.

Thank you KJ 

Dagger Is Back

And the tickets keep coming. Another massive thanks to @Rudolffor a kind donation of 3 pairs of tickets for the County game. They've been delivered today to Longstone, Canal View and Clovenstone PS

This city is indeed ours

Thanks again R

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

More thank you's - this time to @Kalamazoo Jambo who kindly donated 2 pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the Ross County game. It means that two lucky children and adults can visit Tynecastle to see the Famous.

The tickets were delivered today to Balgreen and Broomhouse PS.

Thank you KJ 

Nice one. 👍

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

And the tickets keep coming. Another massive thanks to @Rudolffor a kind donation of 3 pairs of tickets for the County game. They've been delivered today to Longstone, Canal View and Clovenstone PS

This city is indeed ours

Thanks again R

And again, nice gesture. 👍

Lone Striker

@Dagger Is Back  - having just qualified for the O65 pricing, I intend to make a fair few ticket donations via yourself. for next season.          Couple  of questions -

Is it feasible (from your point of view) to donate a pair of Bronze ST's  (1 adult and a U-13)    rather than some  individual matchday tickets  ?     Would the "owner"  of such an ST have to be a real person  (who would that be ?)  ... or could it be a named primary school instead  ?   Would a primary school even be willing to have STs in their name ?

If you feel its too much hassle to do the ST thing, I'm happy just to donate some individual matchday tickets.   

Many thanks - you're doing an amazing job in encouraging tomorrow's fanbase.  :notworthy:  

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

@Dagger Is Back  - having just qualified for the O65 pricing, I intend to make a fair few ticket donations via yourself. for next season.          Couple  of questions -

Is it feasible (from your point of view) to donate a pair of Bronze ST's  (1 adult and a U-13)    rather than some  individual matchday tickets  ?     Would the "owner"  of such an ST have to be a real person  (who would that be ?)  ... or could it be a named primary school instead  ?   Would a primary school even be willing to have STs in their name ?

If you feel its too much hassle to do the ST thing, I'm happy just to donate some individual matchday tickets.   

Many thanks - you're doing an amazing job in encouraging tomorrow's fanbase.  :notworthy:  

Hi LS.

Many congratulations on reaching your 65th and thanks for being in touch.

It absolutely is feasible to run ‘school’ STs. We’ve got 9 pairs of STs at 7 PS in Edinburgh. 

Some are in the schools name, some in the donors name (some of our donors are overseas) and others in names of family members.

There’s advantages in keeping them in your name or family members names. 21 May is a big example. I’ve bought tickets and put them in my wife’s/daughters names.

Means when big games come along I can either access tickets for others or buy them and donate to the school.

It’s entirely your choice and the schools are just delighted to be able to access 18/19 league games.

If you want to chat or over feel free to pm me and we can arrange to have a chat on the phone.

Thanks for thinking about our initiative and we’d be very happy to work with you to make it all work.

Cheers 

Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to @hisnameisfor donating an adult and U13 tickets for the Rangers game on Saturday. These will be delivered to Clovenstone PS tomorrow

Dagger Is Back

The tickets just keep coming and this time it's a huge thank you to @Ulyssesfor donating an adult and 2 U13 tickets for the big one on 21 May. These will be delivered to Dalry PS tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Some huge thanks are due to the following folks who have renewed STs for the coming season and whoa re helping to build the next generation of Jambos 

Rudolf - who has renewed three pairs of STs. These will be used by Brunstane PS and Gilmerton PS

Boof - who has renewed a pair of STs. These will be used by Broomhouse PS

neonjambo - who has renewed a pair of STs. These will be used by Balgreen PS

Thank you so much for your continued generosity and support

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Some huge thanks are due to the following folks who have renewed STs for the coming season and whoa re helping to build the next generation of Jambos 

Rudolf - who has renewed three pairs of STs. These will be used by Brunstane PS and Gilmerton PS

👏

On 26/05/2022 at 20:23, Dagger Is Back said:

Massive thanks to Rudolf on behalf of all the families at Brunstane. 

At a time when a huge number of families are facing significant challenges with the cost of living, the gift of a day at the football away from the pressures of normal life is a precious thing. 

Incredibly grateful to all involved. 

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to RobNox who has donated a pair of STs for next season which will be used by Granton PS.

Thank you

Dagger Is Back

Another huge vote of thanks to @Mikey1874who has renewed a pair of STs for the coming season which will be used by pupils at Clovenstone PS.

Thank you so much for your kindness

Dagger Is Back

Another massive thank you this time to @DETTY29 who has renewed a pair of STs for the coming season. These tickets will once again be used by Canal View PS.

Thank you so much

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Tams bird said:

I can't go to Lockies testimonial but would donate 2 tickets if wanted...

That’s really kind of you TB But with the schools being off I can’t get them distributed until they return after summer.

Thanks very for the kind offer though.

23 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That’s really kind of you TB But with the schools being off I can’t get them distributed until they return after summer.

Thanks very for the kind offer though.

I was going to ask a similar question for the Ross County game

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, brownkg said:

I was going to ask a similar question for the Ross County game

Yeah these early season kick offs are a pain for getting tickets distributed.

All I can suggest folks is maybe speak to Big Hearts? I'm sure they have families they work with who would love a day out.

Cheers

On 11/07/2022 at 16:04, Dagger Is Back said:

Yeah these early season kick offs are a pain for getting tickets distributed.

All I can suggest folks is maybe speak to Big Hearts? I'm sure they have families they work with who would love a day out.

Cheers

Yes I've done that before. Buy at the ticket office, tell them you want to donate and they'll pass on ticket/tickets to Big Hearts for distribution to the appropriate family.