Donate a ticket to future Jambos

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Dagger Is Back

We received this feedback today from at Stenhouse PS

Stenhouse Primary would like to say a huge thank you for all the tickets that have been provided.  The tickets have been used to provide an exciting opportunity to pupils across the school.  Many of the pupils have been Hearts supporters who may never have had the opportunity to attend a match and some of the pupils might have never had a prior interest in football but, having attended the games, now have a new found love for football and Hearts.  The tickets provide a lasting impact as many of the pupils, even those who attended games months ago, are still talking about their experience!

Many thanks,

Steven Jamieson

Acting Head Teacher

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dagger Is Back

• davemclaren

• hisnameis

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

A massive thank you again to Rudolf who ahs kindly donated 3 pairs of tickets for the Kilmarnock game. These will be delivered tomorrow to Sighthill PS, Balgreen PS and Stenhouse PS

Thanks Rudolf

Dagger Is Back

Some more feedback today from  Lesley at Broomhouse PS

Please can you pass on our thanks to the donors of the tickets for the Hearts football games.  Whenever we have tickets we are swamped with requests and we try to be as fair and equitable as possible.  We have a strong football team here at Broomhouse and although many of our children are Hearts fans there are quite a few who do not get to attend the games.  These tickets have meant that we  have been able to provide them with an opportunity they would not have otherwise had and I know both the children and their parents very much appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Lesley Boyd | Acting Headteacher | Broomhouse Primary School

Dagger Is Back

Another huge thank you to Mikey1874. Mikey has been a supporter of this initiative since 2012 and has renewed a pair of STs for the upcoming season. These tickets have been used by Clovenstone PS who I know are very grateful

Thanks Mikey

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Another huge thank you to Mikey1874. Mikey has been a supporter of this initiative since 2012 and has renewed a pair of STs for the upcoming season. These tickets have been used by Clovenstone PS who I know are very grateful

Thanks Mikey

Nice one. ?

chester copperpot

Not read this thread in a wee while. 

What an amazing job you do Paul mate and brought a wee lump to the throat reading through this.

Great effort pal 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Not read this thread in a wee while. 

What an amazing job you do Paul mate and brought a wee lump to the throat reading through this.

Great effort pal 

Seconded :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Ulysses has very kindly donated two tickets for the SCF. These will be delivered to Dalry PS this week.

Many thanks Uly

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Received this feedback this morning. Rudolf had donated 4 tickets for the Aberdeen game 

Granton Primary School

Boswall Parkway

Edinburgh

EH5 2DA

Tel No: 0131 552 3987

email:[email protected]

www.grantonprimaryblog.wordpress.com

Head Teacher: Shelagh K Dow B.Ed, M.Ed

3rd April 2019

Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for allowing us to go to the Hearts v Aberdeen match on 30th March it was amazing!

We had never been to a match before and never thought that we would be given tickets from somebody to go. My Mum says we don’t have any money for things like that. You are very, very, very kind!!

I went with my Mum and Sophie went with her Mum too, it was even better because we all knew each other.

Hearts scored two and Aberdeen scored just one, so we won the match.

You should have heard us when they scored, especially the second goal! We were screaming our heads off and dancing up and down! Sophie said that some of the players were off side a lot and that the referee was making up the rules, she knows more about the rules than me, I just thought it was all AMAZING!!

We got there early and had something to eat and a drink, it was quite a lot to pay, but our Mums said it was a big treat, so it was ok.

My favourite part was when the Hearts scored and everyone was singing and Mya’s favourite part was when the hearts players were running around mad when the goals were scored!

We had the best day ever, so thank you again for letting us use your tickets.

Best wishes.

From Sophie and Mya

Dagger Is Back

Some more great feedback today from Balgreen PS

Having spoken to the families have benefitted I would like to write on their behalf. The offer of access to football matches for our families has meant some of our most vulnerable families have been able to enjoy time together at an event that would normally be beyond them. A quarter of our pupils live in poverty, many of them in working poverty where zero hours contracts means there is variable amounts of money coming in each week. To be able to take children to a football match is a real luxury for them and the season tickets were gifted, along with the other match tickets throughout the year, saw families enjoy quality time together.

Feedback from them has been incredible. While the results did not always go Hearts way this season, the opportunity to relax, chat and laugh together has meant time together making memories that will last forever. Being honest, there were times I felt like Santa contacting families who we knew would really benefit from  the opportunity to go to a match, such was the reaction I got back when I explained why I was contacting them. The pleasure and excitement parents and carers had when being offered tickets was tangible.

I am incredibly grateful you thought of us. We are being inspected and part of our inspection is looking at our links and work with the community. It is with great pride I will share this offer and the impact it has had on our learning community.

Kind regards,

Richard

Richard Napier | Head teacher | Balgreen Primary School

Dagger Is Back

A massive thank you to neonjambo who has been a supporter of this initiative for some time. He has very kindly donated an adult and two U13 STs for the coming season. These will be delivered to Balgreen PS over the next few days

Brilliant gesture from our Jambo in China

Thank you very much

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Some more great feedback today from Balgreen PS

Having spoken to the families have benefitted I would like to write on their behalf. The offer of access to football matches for our families has meant some of our most vulnerable families have been able to enjoy time together at an event that would normally be beyond them. A quarter of our pupils live in poverty, many of them in working poverty where zero hours contracts means there is variable amounts of money coming in each week. To be able to take children to a football match is a real luxury for them and the season tickets were gifted, along with the other match tickets throughout the year, saw families enjoy quality time together.

Feedback from them has been incredible. While the results did not always go Hearts way this season, the opportunity to relax, chat and laugh together has meant time together making memories that will last forever. Being honest, there were times I felt like Santa contacting families who we knew would really benefit from  the opportunity to go to a match, such was the reaction I got back when I explained why I was contacting them. The pleasure and excitement parents and carers had when being offered tickets was tangible.

I am incredibly grateful you thought of us. We are being inspected and part of our inspection is looking at our links and work with the community. It is with great pride I will share this offer and the impact it has had on our learning community.

Kind regards,

Richard

Richard Napier | Head teacher | Balgreen Primary School

Heartwarming. 

• 5 weeks later...
Captain Canada

I'd like to buy two adult and two kids tickets to donate for the ICT match on Monday next week. 

I know the schools are off just now, so not sure if these could be put to good use? 

If someone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:24, Captain Canada said:

I'd like to buy two adult and two kids tickets to donate for the ICT match on Monday next week. 

I know the schools are off just now, so not sure if these could be put to good use? 

If someone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks 

Really sorry that I missed your post. Thanks very much for the kind offer. It would have been difficult with the schools being off but appreciate your kind offer nonetheless

Dagger Is Back

Massive thank you to Bend It Like Barasa who has once again supported this initiative with the donation of two pairs of Cat B STs for the coming season. These will be delivered to Dalry and Niddrie PS

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Massive thank you to Bend It Like Barasa who has once again supported this initiative with the donation of two pairs of Cat B STs for the coming season. These will be delivered to Dalry and Niddrie PS

Great stuff.  

Captain Canada
20 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Really sorry that I missed your post. Thanks very much for the kind offer. It would have been difficult with the schools being off but appreciate your kind offer nonetheless

You're welcome. I'll definitely offer again at some point this season. 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

You're welcome. I'll definitely offer again at some point this season. 

That's very kind of you. Thank you

Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks once more to Rudolf who has supported us since we started this initiative 7 years ago

Rudolf has renewed three pairs of STs for the year ahead. These will be delivered to Gilmerton and Brunstane PS.

Thank you

davemclaren
5 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Huge thanks once more to Rudolf who has supported us since we started this initiative 7 years ago

Rudolf has renewed three pairs of STs for the year ahead. These will be delivered to Gilmerton and Brunstane PS.

Thank you

Great gesture. 👍👍👍

Dagger Is Back

Huge thanks to ozjambo who has donated a pair of tickets for the Hamilton game. These will be delivered on Monday to Broomhouse PS

Thank you for your kindness

Dagger Is Back

Another huge thank you again to Rudolf who has kindly donated 6 tickets for the Hamilton game. These have been delivered to Oxgangs and Longstone PS.

Thank you matey

• 1 month later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to Rudolf for donating six tickets for Saturdays game against Killie

These were delivered today to Longstone and Broomhouse PS along with Wester Hailes Education Centre

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Massive thanks to Rudolf for donating six tickets for Saturdays game against Killie

These were delivered today to Longstone and Broomhouse PS along with Wester Hailes Education Centre

Great gesture again from Rudolf. 

• 1 month later...
Dagger Is Back

Big thank you to maroondevo52 who has donated two tickets or the derby. These have been delivered to Wester Hailes Education Centre today

Thank you for your kind donation

• 2 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Thank you once more to Rudolf who has kindly donated two pairs of tickets for the derby on Boxing Day. These have been delivered today to Broomhouse PS and Murrayburn PS.

Thank you for your generosity.

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thank you once more to Rudolf who has kindly donated two pairs of tickets for the derby on Boxing Day. These have been delivered today to Broomhouse PS and Murrayburn PS.

Thank you for your generosity.

Nice one. 

Dagger Is Back

Another thank you to Rudolf for donating two pairs of tickets for the Aberdeen game.

These have been delivered to Craigentinny and Hermitage PS.

Thanks to our very own lost in leith for delivering the tickets and helping us to spread the maroon around town

Dagger Is Back

A huge thanks to Captain Canada who has donated two tickets for the St Johnstone game. These will be delivered to Sighthill PS on his behalf tomorrow

Thank you very much for your kind donation CC

Dagger Is Back

Big thanks to Novoman who has supported this initiative since the off. He has donated one adult and two U13 tickets for Saturdays game. These will be delivered to Longstone PS tomorrow

Thank you for your kind donation

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Massive thanks to these three fellas who have each donated one adult and 2 U13 tickets for the Airdrie cup game.

The tickets will be delivered to Granton PS, Longstone PS and Dalry PS once the schools go back

Can I just wish all of our donors a very Happy New Year. Without these donations there would be no scheme, and whilst it's been a tough watch for a while now, these kids just love getting a chance to do something special with Mum or Dad. Most of us take going to a game for granted, but to these kids it's a big day out

These wee ones will hopefully turn out to be the next generation of Jambos 

41 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Massive thanks to these three fellas who have each donated one adult and 2 U13 tickets for the Airdrie cup game.

The tickets will be delivered to Granton PS, Longstone PS and Dalry PS once the schools go back

Can I just wish all of our donors a very Happy New Year. Without these donations there would be no scheme, and whilst it's been a tough watch for a while now, these kids just love getting a chance to do something special with Mum or Dad. Most of us take going to a game for granted, but to these kids it's a big day out

Which three guys?  😎

Dagger Is Back

SwindonJambo, Detty29 and novoman

The tickets will be delivered to Granton PS, Longstone PS and Dalry PS once the schools go back

Can I just wish all of our donors a very Happy New Year. Without these donations there would be no scheme, and whilst it's been a tough watch for a while now, these kids just love getting a chance to do something special with Mum or Dad. Most of us take going to a game for granted, but to these kids it's a big day out

Dagger Is Back

2020 off to a busy start

Massive thanks to Captain Canada who has 2 donated one adult and 2 U13 tickets for the Airdrie cup game.

At his request, these will be delivered to Sighthill PS this week

Thank you for your generous donation CC

Dagger Is Back

Another thank you to a long time supporter, Boof, who has donated an adult and 2 U13 tickets for the Airdrie game

These will be delivered to Craigentinny PS next week thanks to lostinleith

#paintthiscitymaroon

Dagger Is Back

The donations are coming thick and fast.

This time a big thank you to Ulysses for donating 2 adult and 2 U13 tickets for the Airdrie game

At his request, these will be delivered to Dalry PS next week

Dagger Is Back

A busy start to 2020 for us and a huge thanks once again to Rudolf who has donated 5 pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the Airdrie match

These have been delivered this morning to

WHEC

Broomhouse PS

Balgreen PS

Canal View PS

Murrayburn PS

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

A busy start to 2020 for us and a huge thanks once again to Rudolf who has donated 5 pairs of adult/U13 tickets for the Airdrie match

These have been delivered this morning to

WHEC

Broomhouse PS

Balgreen PS

Canal View PS

Murrayburn PS

Great stuff again from Rufolf. 

Here is a suggestion for you .

Why don’t you buy a couple of tickets using you and your friends names for the Airdrie cup  game on Saturday,

that way  you and your friend  will then have a purchasing history for the 2 of you and then you can get tickets for the game against the Rangers .

tickets are only £12 each for adults . If you can’t use them , our man Dagger can give them to children who would love to go .🇱🇻🇩🇪

Edited by novoman

6 minutes ago, novoman said:

Here is a suggestion for you .

Why don’t you buy a couple of tickets using you and your friends names for the Airdrie cup  game on Saturday,

that way  you and your friend  will then have a purchasing history for the 2 of you and then you can get tickets for the game against the Rangers .

tickets are only £12 each for adults . If you can’t use them , our man Dagger can give them to children who would love to go .🇱🇻🇩🇪

On 13/01/2020 at 16:54, ChrisTucker said:

Hey, we need Hearts vs Rangers tickets.

Can you help us? We are from Germany. We are fans of the Coach 🙂

Many greetings

image.png.6e0d15c4616b53ebae5e90c460dfc2d9.png

On 13/01/2020 at 16:54, ChrisTucker said:

Hey, we need Hearts vs Rangers tickets.

Can you help us? We are from Germany. We are fans of the Coach 🙂

Many greetings

image.png.6e0d15c4616b53ebae5e90c460dfc2d9.png

Apologies guys doing this at 2-30 am and had a few 🍻

• 2 weeks later...

What a great job Paul and the guys do  to bring the match day experience to so many kids and their families who would not normally have this oppportunity. As a former teacher in Edinburgh who had the nice job of passing on the tickets to the kids at Clovenstone Primary , I know how much it means to the youngsters to receive your donations.

It was one of the best parts of my job to be able to hand on tickets and see at first hand the smiles and joy in their faces. I am so proud that my club and the supporters who give up their hard earned to continually support this venture.  Well done guys for all your efforts and generosity.

will be in touch Paul. 

Best wishes from Shanghai.

come on hearts..

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, hisnameis said:

What a great job Paul and the guys do  to bring the match day experience to so many kids and their families who would not normally have this oppportunity. As a former teacher in Edinburgh who had the nice job of passing on the tickets to the kids at Clovenstone Primary , I know how much it means to the youngsters to receive your donations.

It was one of the best parts of my job to be able to hand on tickets and see at first hand the smiles and joy in their faces. I am so proud that my club and the supporters who give up their hard earned to continually support this venture.  Well done guys for all your efforts and generosity.

will be in touch Paul. 

Best wishes from Shanghai.

come on hearts..

What a brilliant post matey. Captures exactly what this initiative is all

about

Hope you and the gang are all well 

• 2 weeks later...
joondalupjambo

Can I ask if you do donate your ST seat to a school for a game you cannot attend how do they choose you gets it?

Edited by joondalupjambo

Dagger Is Back
26 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Can I ask if you do donate your ST seat to a school for a game you cannot attend how do they choose you gets it?

They all do their own thing if I'm being honest.

Some ballot interested families, others choose a home for them. I've seen the tickets being used for families who've had a particularly tough time, or as a reward for some form of achievement

We leave that up to the schools. All of the schools we use are in 'deprived' areas of Edinburgh. Hope that helps but if you need any more info, please just ask 

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

They all do their own thing if I'm being honest.

Some ballot interested families, others choose a home for them. I've seen the tickets being used for families who've had a particularly tough time, or as a reward for some form of achievement

We leave that up to the schools. All of the schools we use are in 'deprived' areas of Edinburgh. Hope that helps but if you need any more info, please just ask 

Yeah thanks, understand better now.