Would You Support A Newco Hearts?

Notorious BIG

Would You Support a Newco Hearts?  

589 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Support A Newco Hearts If the Worst Came To The Worst

• Yes, I would follow a Newco Hearts
    • No, I would not follow a Newco Hearts

Notorious BIG

For me I will follow Hearts no matter what route they take, It would take a while to get that passion back but I just couldn't turn my back. I understand no-one wants to talk/think about this but just curious. Ive tried setting up a poll but not sure if it will work on this new kickback.

For those of you who vote No, What would be the plan?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Depending on the circumstances I suppose I reluctantly would do.

I have no understanding whatsoever of the "no" position. There are only three constants to our football club - the stadium, the colours and the fans. All the rest - players, arsehole owners, other employees - are just passing through. And given that it seems the majority of the fans were quite prepared to move to a new stadium anyway, the question has to be: what's the problem?

For me I will follow Hearts no matter what route they take, It would take a while to get that passion back but I just couldn't turn my back. I understand no-one wants to talk/think about this but just curious. Ive tried setting up a poll but not sure if it will work on this new kickback.

For those of you who vote No, What would be the plan?

once a jambo always a jambo its in the blood

Notorious BIG

Let's calm down a bit first before thinking newcos.

Yeah If you read my First post I stated that Im aware no one really wants to be talking about Newcos but I was speaking with Mates earlier and as a previous poster said, Once a Jambo always a Jambo

Let's calm down a bit first before thinking newcos.

This. The most likely scenario, barring VR paying the bill (if he can) is pre-pack administration. Would involve penalties etc, but the club in it's current form would survive.

I have no understanding whatsoever of the "no" position. There are only three constants to our football club - the stadium, the colours and the fans. All the rest - players, arsehole owners, other employees - are just passing through. And given that it seems the majority of the fans were quite prepared to move to a new stadium anyway, the question has to be: what's the problem?

Exactly this. A football club is little more than a name and the collective memories and shared history of the fans. The technicalities of the business shell holding the club are pretty moot to me, if there are eleven people on a park, playing in maroon with more or less the same people watching them that do now then that club is Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Think it is a bit premature to be talking about going down this route, but yes i would support a newco 100%

For me it would all hinge on whether a newco could hold onto Tynecastle, firstly because it wouldn't really be Hearts without it, and secondly there is no alternative on where games would be played.

Absolutely! If we became a newco i'd be there, if we were relegated i'd definitely be there, it seems that Rangers fans have turned up at Ibrox in massive numbers despite their form, i don't see Hearts fans doing anything different and if we can wipe the debt, start from scratch and get rid of that radge then extra bonus! People (fans) have an affinity with a football club no matter where they play so i'd expect the same of Utd or Aberdeen or anyone else, never mind just us.

Might support a newco which would have with links to the great Hearts FC but wouldn't pretend that they were the same club as we are now as they never would be.

If someone buys Comet it will still be Comet just owned by diff people and a diff company name as owner... essentially though still Comet.

If they bought the club and assets called it Edinburgh Dynamo then of course it would be different.

Imagine the club was called Heart of Midlothian 1874 limited... no real difference other than the holding company being a diff name.

If someone buys Comet it will still be Comet just owned by diff people and a diff company name as owner... essentially though still Comet.

If they bought the club and assets called it Edinburgh Dynamo then of course it would be different.

Imagine the club was called Heart of Midlothian 1874 limited... no real difference other than the holding company being a diff name.

If we liquidate then it won't be the same club. If you wish to bring 138 years of history down to just the simple application of a name then so be it. The club is the company. If you are saying we can just go bust as many times as we want as long as the name continues then it cheapens the whole thing. We may as well just move the club to the place where we can get the highest amount of fans/revenue and become a franchise like in USA sports.

Don't compare it to a retail store.

Yes, without a doubt.

If the worst of the worst happens then the only two main worries for me are.

1) Would we be accepted into div3?

2) If so where would we play? As UBIG would be the main creditor Tynie would probably be sold by them. Would we be able to buy the assets like Charles Green did, perhaps offering money to UBIG and some payment plan/lease over 15-20 years for Tynie.

I personally cannot see VR letting Hearts become liquidated and losing his company 22mil plus the value of his shares (whatever he values them at) over 500k.

However the best thing we can do is stop the bickering, organise ourselves, try raise cash, find investors and speak to the clubs owners about a feasible solution which might let the fans buyout VR and secure the clubs future.

Fozzyonthefence

If we liquidate then it won't be the same club. If you wish to bring 138 years of history down to just the simple application of a name then so be it. The club is the company. If you are saying we can just go bust as many times as we want as long as the name continues then it cheapens the whole thing. We may as well just move the club to the place where we can get the highest amount of fans/revenue and become a franchise like in USA sports.

Don't compare it to a retail store.

That's what Sevco did and their fans have bought it, hook, line & sinker. As it happens, I agree with you but would be interesting to see if the majority on here who seem to think it will still be HMFC were the same ones saying that Sevco have no history as history can't be bought. At least if the history and honours are included in any sale agreement for our newco, Sevco fans won't be able to argue against it.

That's what Sevco did and their fans have bought it, hook, line & sinker. As it happens, I agree with you but would be interesting to see if the majority on here who seem to think it will still be HMFC were the same ones saying that Sevco have no history as history can't be bought. At least if the history and honours are included in any sale agreement for our newco, Sevco fans won't be able to argue against it.

I've always been of the view that there were far too many links to old Rangers - name, colours, fans, players etc - for it to be a different club

My biggest problem with them is that they pick and choose the parts of their history they keep / discard - Eg - all titles are bought by new, but no punishment can be handed for the sins of old.

Nimmo-Smith has made it clear that the footballing activities can continue if certain criteria can be met, irrespective of corporate structure.

J.T.F.Robertson

Whatever the name is, we'll always be Heart of Midlothian, just as The Rangers, will always be Rangers.

If worst comes to worst, there's only one interest I'd have in Scottish football, sad as it would be.

J.T.F.Robertson

Might support a newco which would have with links to the great Hearts FC but wouldn't pretend that they were the same club as we are now as they never would be.

Don't be "daft", we would still be Hearts. You do what you have to do, doesn't change how we feel about the club.

I'll always be Hearts, even were we literally, to cease to exist.

IMO where the team plays would be a key factor.

A Newco playing at Tynecastle would probably work... A Newco playing at a different ground may struggle to keep hold of support.

If it were to start from scratch ie the Heart of Midlothian FC we all love had been erased, then I'd vote no. What is to stop 3/4 different groups starting up their own newco (newco I take it means a brand NEW team/identity ie Hearts closed down on a fri and a newco starting up on a Monday,, so not really HMFC imo)????

Could handle coming out of Admin and starting at the bottom again, or even maybe down the lines of The Rangers(some continuity) if someone could maybe explain actually what happened there.

If HMFC we're closed down and finished, I would be a lost customer to Scottish football, trips down south/abroad to watch games for me.

At the end of the day, that is how I feel now, I may change my mind, but right now a new club = not Heart of Midlothian.

Someone once said to me that you are more likely to change your wife than your football team. I would absolutely follow them.

billythejambo

No doubt about it - any new club would have a tangible connection to the old and would be a continuation of the long and proud history.

Archived