Jose

Rawrrrrrrr

Was just looking on neds.net and they seem to think jose had a great game yesterday

Do we just not appreciate him? or are the hobos thick?

Libertonian_II

Hobo I heard on Talk107 said that he(Jose) was sh itting himself every time Morais went near him, which from my point of view is pi sh. I can't recall said player ever getting past Jose.

That said, he's no Takis Fyssas or Stephane Mahe. And no, Donkey (aka Mark Donaldson), Lee Wallace is not the answer. He's as slow as Jose is fast

Fact is, we need decent fullbacks, big time

A bit of both. Jose is a lot better than some make out. However, he didn't have a good 1st half yesterday. He needs good coaching and a captain who can tell him what to do. His positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. IMO though he could be a tremendous player.

As for your second question, the answer is an unequivocal yessssss!

Was just looking on neds.net and they seem to think jose had a great game yesterday

Do we just not appreciate him? or are the hobos thick?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Jose didn't have a good game but the simple fact is Morais got one dangerous cross by him in the entire game.

:cool: I disagree, Jose had a good game and Morias was effectively snuffed out by him. He does make a few wrong decisions but overall he's a class act IMO. As tcjambo says, he's better than many JKB'rs give him credit for; a much more daunting opponent for wingers to face than Wallace for example. Having said that, Wallace reminded us on Saturday that there is a lot more to his game than defending, lots of potential playing from midfield.

From where I was sitting in section A, Jose kept Morais out of the game. My mate and I were surprised that Morais wasn't substituted at half-time.

A bit of both. Jose is a lot better than some make out. However, he didn't have a good 1st half yesterday. He needs good coaching and a captain who can tell him what to do. His positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. IMO though he could be a tremendous player.

As for your second question, the answer is an unequivocal yessssss!

I agree.

Jose needs some coaching and guidance and he could be very good.

Is he the fastest player at Tynie? He's not bad at tackling and intercepting. He's getting better in the air and he's starting to use the ball better.

His positional sense is appalling though. He looks like he has no idea where he should stand. Every right winger that comes to Tynecastle is given so much space by Jose, it's only a matter of time until we get punished. I think this can be remedied with a leader on the pitch and a manager though.

I'll agree with you about the space Jose gives people. On the plus side, he's fast enough for it not to be too much of a problem.

I'll agree with you about the space Jose gives people. On the plus side, he's fast enough for it not to be too much of a problem.

We were lucky that Benji dogface missed that absolute sitter from a Morais cross after he was missed by Jose.

Jose had a mair yesterday.

Everytime anybody ran at him he either punted it ten feet up the park right to a hibs player, or let Morais past him and had to wait for him to cut inside for someone else to deal with it. Any decent winger would have got cross after cross into the box, we were just lucky this Morais fella is god awful.

I am normally a big Jose fan but he was rank.

givememychoice

Jose was rank, the majority of the hibs fans thought morais was good at getting past jose but rank at putting the ball in the box. Watch the highlights. Where did all the hibs play come from? and yet Robbie gets stick. Were there any times that they were even close to getting a cross in from robbies side?

All the balls in the first half were targetted over Jose's head and getting Morais to run onto them -it was getting monotonous. Probably explains the apparent disparity in the sides their chances came from. He was the only one of our full backs who had anything to do for the first 45 minutes. He got to grips with it better after half-time. Then Hibs resorted to the long ball though the middle with little effect.

Jose was rank, the majority of the hibs fans thought morais was good at getting past jose but rank at putting the ball in the box. Watch the highlights. Where did all the hibs play come from? and yet Robbie gets stick. Were there any times that they were even close to getting a cross in from robbies side?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
From where I was sitting in section A, Jose kept Morais out of the game. My mate and I were surprised that Morais wasn't substituted at half-time.

:) I was at the same match you were at!

[quote name=cosanostra;18482

His positional sense is appalling though. He looks like he has no idea where he should stand. Every right winger that comes to Tynecastle is given so much space by Jose' date=' it's only a matter of time until we get punished. I think this can be remedied with a leader on the pitch and a manager though.[/quote]

Not sure how much of this is Jose and how much of it is him being told to tuck in....???

Noticed at the Motherwell game that Berra pulled him in on several occasions. I had a "discussion" with the mate about it during the hobos game. If he is told to tuck in when we lose the ball, he'll continue to do it and he;s done it that much of late, I struggle to think that he's going against the managers instructions.

I think it's a tactical thing based on making sure we defend any cross balls by having plaenty players in the box and also using Jose's pace to get out there if he needs to.

Not sure how much of this is Jose and how much of it is him being told to tuck in....???

Noticed at the Motherwell game that Berra pulled him in on several occasions. I had a "discussion" with the mate about it during the hobos game. If he is told to tuck in when we lose the ball, he'll continue to do it and he;s done it that much of late, I struggle to think that he's going against the managers instructions.

I think it's a tactical thing based on making sure we defend any cross balls by having plaenty players in the box and also using Jose's pace to get out there if he needs to.

Precisely! Had an animated 'discussion' with the constant Jose-moaner behind me on Saturday. I reckon Jose is doing exactly what he's being telt to do. He looked less exposed when Chesney moved to the left - maybe a key problem is that Driver doesn't cover the opposition wide player as much as less attack minded midfielders would?

The Mighty Thor

there's only 3 problems with Jose IMHO:

1. His positional sense is shocking

2. His tackling is schoolboy at best

3. His second touch is a tackle, see above.

He had a pretty ropey first half against Morais and was afforded a quiter second half as the hubs went route 1, with flair obvioulsy.

The Old Tolbooth

If Jose's game is to stop players getting past him then you could say he's a very effective player, however if you were to add disribution to that then he's hopeless. He continually gave the ball back to a hobo on Saturday inviting them back onto us and found himself stopping attacks that he set up! It was like going round in circles!

Have to agree about Morais though, how pish is he?

i think jose could be a great player for us if he sorted out the mental side of his game, his positioning sometimes is woeful

Archived